PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing July 2

PeteyD
5th July 2012, 08:07 AM
90/71 in the monthly mug at Reddy. Handicrap back down to 18. Had a triple in there, and a birdie and a few pars. Feeling pretty good about my game. Hopefully I can go round on Friday without a blow up hole.

Nuffie
6th July 2012, 01:32 AM
That blowout hole is the thing to avoid Pete, good shooting tho. Keeping the same swing and mindset for 18 holes is even something that I'm struggling with at the moment. When it works the consistency comes. If the bad hole remains a bogey and a few putts just happen to drop for you, it makes the world of difference.

PeteyD
6th July 2012, 02:14 PM
Followed that up with a 88/70 in the Black Marker today. Won a shirt and maybe something else. Brain fart triple on 8 was the only blemish. Double on 13, bunch of bogeys and 5 pars. Played the last 5 holes in 1 over (after the double ...). 8 fairways and 4 greens. 29 putts. Starting to get there.

Jarro
6th July 2012, 02:16 PM
34 points around Redcliffe yesterday.

16 points on the front 9, and going ok on the back till a triple on the 16th after a really good drive and layup to 100 meters out :roll:

I love Redcliffe golf course too :)

BenM
6th July 2012, 06:52 PM
That blowout hole is the thing to avoid Pete, good shooting tho. Keeping the same swing and mindset for 18 holes is even something that I'm struggling with at the moment. When it works the consistency comes. If the bad hole remains a bogey and a few putts just happen to drop for you, it makes the world of difference.

So true. Just gotta make sure the muckups don't cost you multiple shots, it's so hard. I usually manage pretty consistent pars/bogeys for 14-16 holes but always seem to have the odd double/triple/other to ruin the round.

Today was worse than usual though... went out for a practice round today - had 79 nett :(

Upside - hit 8 greens in reg, and was on the fringe of 3 or 4 more - so striking it mostly okay. Finally starting to get a handle on the R9s I think.
Downside - could not chip, could not putt, had 39 frickin putts!!!
Stats here. (http://golfshot.com/rounds/Detail/188-11531228-11531428)

Monthly medal tomorrow, and a match on Sunday, so I am hoping I've got all the bad shots out of the way. A new putter is also on order to hopefully give me a fresh perspective on things...

rubin
7th July 2012, 03:42 PM
Stroke round today. Finished up 94 for net 73. As acr is 73, thats the first played to at the new club.

Could have been so much lower though. My putting is killing my rounds - 34 putts today. Wonder what it could have been if i could putt.......

Ashes
7th July 2012, 03:57 PM
Stroke round today. Finished up 94 for net 73. As acr is 73, thats the first played to at the new club.

Could have been so much lower though. My putting is killing my rounds - 34 putts today. Wonder what it could have been if i could putt.......

Well played Rubin. Looks like the swingbyte has earned its keep!

MegaWatty
7th July 2012, 04:00 PM
Liking the new club Rubes?

rubin
7th July 2012, 04:02 PM
Cheers mate - wasn't the swing byte though. Spent a few hours on the range this week, and worked out what I was doing wrong.

Started off this morning very snappy but managed to rebound nicely I think. Tomorrow is belly putter day I think. See if that can settle me down on the greens.

rubin
7th July 2012, 04:05 PM
Liking the new club Rubes?

Harty is good fun mate. Everyone I've met seems to be pretty easy to get along with.

Shadesy
7th July 2012, 04:12 PM
29 points today. 3 wipes after being middle of the fairway, tried to get on in two on both times (185, 195) and skinnied a hybrid into some trees on another.

Putting needs a touch sharpening up, and the longer woods, but overall I was happy enough with 29 points. 3 Bad shots.

The quest for single figures is still on.

timah!
7th July 2012, 04:50 PM
Lots. And then a few more. The purple patch has finished, time to learn some mental game.

shazza_rs
7th July 2012, 04:52 PM
86/73 in the monthly medal today.
29 putts
1 bird
2 doubles
Some pars and bogeys.

ddasey
7th July 2012, 04:52 PM
Monthly Medal 85 / 71.

An 8 on the 8th cost me big time.

Front 9 - 46
Back 9 - 39.

BenM
7th July 2012, 06:00 PM
Thoroughly frustrated. 95 off the bats / 82 nett in the monthly medal.

6 pars, 6 bogeys and a birdie. 5 total screwups. 36 putts including 3 3 putts and a 4 putt. Hit a handful of really good shots including winning an NTP - but just no consistency with any club in the bag. Walked away feeling pretty crap about it all.

Stats here (http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/188-11554510-11554710) tell some of the story...

Saw a playing partner's ball come to rest in a tree about 18 foot off the ground, that's not something you see every day...

catch22
7th July 2012, 06:31 PM
92/73 in monthly medal. Not too horrible and have had a few scores around my handicap recently so things are hopefully looking up!

48f/44b, 7FW, 2GIR, 31 putts, 0x3 putts.

Thought I was on a roll on the front with a few pars in a row, then had 2 disastrous drives resulting in a 7 and a 6. Overall though the driver was working OK with the blur.
Putting was not too bad for me, with 0 x 3 putts a good result. Irons were a bit off but not horrible.
3 wood I used 7 times, with 7 shots that went between 20-50m. Just couldnt get it off the ground for some reason.

popper81
7th July 2012, 06:43 PM
Interesting week of golf for me so far.....

Wednesday - Hit the ball pretty well, to scramble around for 40pts..... Only to find out that we were actually playing stroke ( dumb #$%^!!!)... I managed to wipe the easiest hole on the course and didn't putt out from 2 feet... Meant I got DQ'd. I find it pretty funny, althought finding out 72 nett won the day left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. Shot 75 off the stick, 30 putts, 12 pars, 2 birdie's, 3 bogeys and a double left me rather happy with my round.

Saturday - First round of the club champs - Todays round could not have been more different to Wednesday. Hit the ball well again, except driver.... Was 6 over after 6 and looking at a trainwreck. On Wednesday pars came easy, today I barely made one all day... Hung in for 82 off the bat, net 75.. once again 30 putts, 4 pars, 3 birdies, 9 bogeys (fml) and 2 doubles.

AIN'T GOLF FUN!

Webster
7th July 2012, 06:53 PM
72/71 this morning. It was 1 degree when we hitoff - ice on the bottom of the golf shoes when we played the first few holes, crisp clear blue skies when the sun came up. Heaven.

13 GIR's
31 putts

Nuffie
7th July 2012, 07:24 PM
Good round rubin, already playing to your cap at Hartfield. Give it a week or two and you could start dropping the cap.

I shot 36 pts round vines lakes, 78/72. Still drove it average and missed a few greens too many.
7/14 FWYs, 10/18 greens, 3/7 up/downs inside 50m, 33 putts, 1 x 3 putt. Maybe a few less putts. A couple of 5 footers missed cost me a real good score. Two bad drives caused two doubles which were the blowouts.

rubin
7th July 2012, 07:53 PM
Good round rubin, already playing to your cap at Hartfield. Give it a week or two and you could start dropping the cap.

I shot 36 pts round vines lakes, 78/72. Still drove it average and missed a few greens too many.
7/14 FWYs, 10/18 greens, 3/7 up/downs inside 50m, 33 putts, 1 x 3 putt. Maybe a few less putts. A couple of 5 footers missed cost me a real good score. Two bad drives caused two doubles which were the blowouts.

Cheers nuff. Even w/ your ca is a good round mate. Can't complain about the 36 points you shot too much.

AndyP
7th July 2012, 07:55 PM
30/06/12, Wolston Park GC, Club Champs Rd 4.

7/11 effective tee-shots.
7/18 effective approaches.
4/8 up and down successes.
34 putts.
------------------------
10 pars.
6 bogeys.
2 others.

Scoring: PPPXPBBPB PBPPBPBPX
Score (http://www.ozgolf.net/andyp/Scorecard/rounds/20120707-p98.html): 41-37-78 nett 69 (Par 35-32-67 ACR 65)

No H/Cap Change - 8.7

A few pars to start before I got the destructive hole out of the way early (triple bogey). Although my scores still aren't horrid, I'm losing confidence.

Next round: Maybe next Sunday, before Matchplay champs qualifying rounds in the following weeks.

Captain Nemo
7th July 2012, 08:53 PM
82/72 Monthly Medal
I played ok.
3 doubles hurt me....
50% f/ways,
30 putts with the new 2.6 so going very nicely.
I was going along nicely and from 15 in 3 pars and I would have shot 80.
Par 16 (no 2 hole)
Smoke a drive on 17 into new fairway, gur.
So I drop in the allocated drop zone.
Next shot I hit an iron, caught the f'n gur marked area ropes.....deviated the ball right angles, straight in the drink....double there.
Par 18
Walked of feeling good as its another flag round, and I'm hitting it well, 72 and I'm happy.
Get inside and winning score in A Grade is 71 FFS......:shock:

timah!
7th July 2012, 09:21 PM
Lots. And then a few more. The purple patch has finished, time to learn some mental game.

One of my many shots held the approach on 18. Might make up a few of the many I lost :roll:

BenM
7th July 2012, 09:52 PM
One of my many shots held the approach on 18. Might make up a few of the many I lost :roll:

Yay :)

At least you (like me) have one small good thing to take away from a pretty crap day (my NTP was an approach to 18 too).

I'm going to try and forget the fact that I left the birdie putt (a 5 foot, almost straight downhiller) 6 inches short in the middle of the cup.... :smt038

990B Luva
7th July 2012, 10:01 PM
Played like absolute crap. Not going to let that be bettered by the result. I left an easy 6 shots out there with 3 x 3 putts from under 15 foot. Still, Had 75/66 for an even par Monthly Medal win by 3 shots.....

Nuffie
7th July 2012, 10:38 PM
Cheers nuff. Even w/ your ca is a good round mate. Can't complain about the 36 points you shot too much.If there's a way to complete every backswing and relax on every shot that's hit, the stats would really sharpen up. Carbon was onto something last time I had a lesson from him. The last few weeks I've tried to go back to his approach (relaxing the top half) and it's starting to work. But 3-4 shots a game are still shooting me in the foot it seems.

Golfnut
7th July 2012, 11:24 PM
First comp round in nearly 10 months on Friday out at Melville Glades......emotional roller coaster would be an understatement in describing the round.

Birdie on 1 after driving into the bunkers
Wipe 2 after losing the tee shot right to where we all thought would be fairly easy to find, get back to the tee for my provisional only to get the 3rd degree off some angy old ants, rushed tee shot worse result.....carry on
Front 9 was up and down all the way ending with 14pts which included 3 wipes and 2 birdies
Back 9, once the nerves settled I managed to grind out 18pts with the highlight being a chip-in bird on the index 1 hole........stupid game :roll: 32pts total.

Had my best chance of a HIO on the last Par 3.....clubbed up on this hole with an easy 7i that I flushed :roll: for it to hit the green and smash into the flag stick and come back almost 3m and just missed the putt for bird.

Relatively happy with the result as there where some better signs that I may be getting out of the lull I've been in over the past 5-6 months. Driver is still not sorted yet, along with some nagging lower back niggles but I set a goal after the front 9 to try come in with 18pts so happy to have achieved that.

Marto65
8th July 2012, 10:18 AM
Played yesterday ... 83/74.

Was travelling ok ... and made 8 on our par 3 13th after declaring to our captain that it was "The Worst Hole in Brisbane".

Net 70 won the comp.

PeteyD
8th July 2012, 10:19 AM
Is that the one down the bottom, water right etc?

Marto65
8th July 2012, 10:25 AM
Yep. It's really dumb when the smart play for an A grade golfer is to lay up on a par 3.

You either have to hit 4-5 iron short up the left, or have a go with a hybrid .... which I did 3 weeks ago. I hit a solid hybrid to the middle of the green ... one bounce, down the hill, stopped 6 inches short of the water.

Yesterday I hit a 4 iron in the piss. Bad drop and the care factor zero came in ...

Finished 1 over for the last 5.

BenM
8th July 2012, 10:46 AM
That sounds like a tough (stupidly so) hole.

idgolfguy
8th July 2012, 12:55 PM
Chopped it for four weeks now with 24 points. Did play some good holes but wiped 7 and bogied one.

I'm my defense, worked a straight 22 hours got home had a shower and played the 18 without a warmup.

Didnt get to bed till 10pm that night. Wife said I slept like a log.

Golfnut
8th July 2012, 03:40 PM
You're a machine ID.

BenM
8th July 2012, 05:06 PM
I'm my defense, worked a straight 22 hours got home had a shower and played the 18 without a warmup.

That's tough. I did that last Sunday. Good work for toughing it out :D

Played again today (3 days in a row) - improvement at last! I figured out what was wrong with my putting and put a much better roll on the ball - only had 31 putts today and sunk a couple of clutch 8 footers to halve holes. With 3 x 3 putts it could've even been sub 30 putts.

Still hit it pretty average from tee to green but didn't have any awfully bad holes for a change - won the match 4 and 3, but played it out so I could get the stats (http://golfshot.com/Rounds/Detail/190-11590291-11590493). Only a 75 nett but a fairly big improvement from the last few rounds.

Ronny
8th July 2012, 06:50 PM
After no golf for 3 weeks due to an inland holiday to the rock I shot a 87 (43/44) for a nett 72 at the Monthly Medal! 1 over handicap so not overly disappointed with that round after a 3 week break.

Short game and putting killed me but I half expected that. Time to look forward to next weekend and a single stab no doubt!

braddles
8th July 2012, 07:52 PM
Saturday 40 points (69 off stick) and 35 points Sunday (73 off stick).

I had birdie putts on the last 5 holes but couldn't get to -4. 68 would have been my best score, so it was disappointing missing a 4ft birdie putt on the last!

Course had frost for first 5 holes and was -2* driving to the course. Gave up two shots due to the huge spike marks/holes in the green caused by ice on peoples golf shoes. I was hitting 4 irons from 165m due to the cold - about two clubs short.

Despite the reasonable scores, I didn't hit my irons very well. I did putt like Badds though!

rubin
8th July 2012, 08:01 PM

Followed this up with a pretty average 9 - 22 - 31 points today. Don't what the hell was going on for the front 9, but back 9 was great, with 12 putts, and nothing less than 2 points on every hole.

idgolfguy
8th July 2012, 08:12 PM
Happens at our level mate. Consistency!

Nuffie
10th July 2012, 11:06 AM
On Sunday played a practice match against a 20 capper from Wanneroo as their divy 4 side had no reserve.

Despite having to give 14 strokes, still got up 5 and 3. Hoping in 2 weeks that I get a run at #7 on our team.

davepuppies
11th July 2012, 08:44 PM
had a 77 today at richmond, and a 75 last week same course.....

my handicap blew out from 2 to 10 over last 18 months, dropped to 8 today,

good to be back playing a bit

JADO75
12th July 2012, 09:49 AM
First game for a few weeks due to being in Thailand , Singapore & having a break in my right hand. No golf over there as my hand was cactus. Results were as expected, a massive 25 points off 7hcp with the highlight being a fart on the 4th hole & not crapping myself due to some dodgy hawker stall food.

Golfnut
12th July 2012, 10:18 AM
Thay made me lol JADO.

Talart
13th July 2012, 08:00 PM
Naracoorte Winter Cup a 27 hole event and another slapping handed out to me on the first two nines and then getting on top of the greens in the last nine. 51/51/41 putting was where the damage came from. Hitting greens with good chipping and 2-3 putts slowly eroded my confidence. Two week break from the course until the two day open at the end of July. Looking forward to the return challenge.

Courty
15th July 2012, 04:02 PM
Whilst I was on holidays in SEQ I had a hit at Brookwater with some mates. The course and the company was great, but the golf was not.

Stats here (http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/186-11479107-11479305). I should point out that my 26 pts was good enough for 2nd in my group. :lol: