PDA

View Full Version : Facebook...fad to end or will they rule the world

xe1
26th June 2012, 10:00 PM
Never cared for it much only for mates interstate or overseas funny how people are "friends" but won't talk in the street.
Went into my local pie shop today and they are asking for a "like" on their page!! ( i think they should target eatability or urban spoon) i am going to reference this to television lingo but when a TV show has done it's dash so to speak it is refered to the famous Happy Days episode when "Fonzi jumped the shark" well my question is "HAS FACEBOOK JUMPED THE SHARK?"

markTHEblake
26th June 2012, 10:12 PM
Yahoo once ruled search engines, ICQ ruled IM, Netscape ruled WWW, Usenet ruled discussions, PINE ruled email - I could go on!

Facebook is not a fad, but one day, the next best thing will come along.

AndyP
26th June 2012, 10:14 PM
No.

Too many people whinge about it instead of getting what they want out of it. Don't like someone's posts; unfriend. Don't want to know about Farmville; hide.

dave1
26th June 2012, 11:46 PM
Im not on it

But every young person I work with is addicted to it.

Its here to stay. It will change but it will stay - it works! If its your thing.

poidda
27th June 2012, 09:31 AM
Yahoo once ruled search engines, ICQ ruled IM, Netscape ruled WWW, Usenet ruled discussions, PINE ruled email - I could go on!

Facebook is not a fad, but one day, the next best thing will come along.

The difference is back when all the above were popular they didn't have 900 Million users, or many (if any) competitors.

dan
27th June 2012, 10:24 AM
But every young person I work with is addicted to it.
Used it only on a few occasions and have no idea what people are addicted to. For a web app it's UX is horrible.

LarryLong
27th June 2012, 11:44 AM
I thought Facebook already ruled the world?

Well, except for parts of the world inhabited by old fogies and hipsters, of course. :)

AndyP
27th June 2012, 11:49 AM
I thought Facebook already ruled the world?

Well, except for parts of the world inhabited by old fogies and hipsters, of course. :)And China.

Jarro
27th June 2012, 01:21 PM
It's the only way i can keep tabs on what my kids are doing :roll:

Jarro
27th June 2012, 01:26 PM
I suppose i could just talk to them ??

kingslayer33
27th June 2012, 01:33 PM
Complete opporsite for me jarro..I don't want to know whats going on...refuse to link them. Is that really the case or do you not want them to know what you have been up to?

Bruce
27th June 2012, 01:57 PM
Based on the current average user activities, Facebook will be where middle-aged women go to play [something]ville when everyone else moves to something else.

Johnny Canuck
27th June 2012, 01:59 PM
I think the big thing it has going for it is that it is used by all ages groups, an area that MySpace failed in.

The old coots that use it will never leave and it seems the user base is just getting younger.

WBennett
27th June 2012, 02:00 PM
I use it to hang shit on SMS and link to Boobie gifs without get moderation points.

dave1
28th June 2012, 10:08 AM
Used it only on a few occasions and have no idea what people are addicted to. For a web app it's UX is horrible. People - evrryone wants to Feel connected..Why do we post here....?It dominates youth landscape.