PDA

View Full Version : Hello All

Golfgirl
27th September 2005, 08:48 PM
Hi all,

It's been such a long time, that I thought I better pop in here and introduce myself....

My name is non-golfgirl.... :wink:

I used to be a complete golfaholic, now I just frown and mutter under my breath when people try and talk to me about playing golf because I don't get to play any..... :lol: :roll:

Hope that everyone has been keeping well in my absence.

As for me - well, we are still in Sydney, Matt is still working at Eastlake GC, I am now in a Sales/Marketing role at Breville, and Mitchell is turning 4 this weekend.

Hope you're all golfing well!! :D

jaster
27th September 2005, 09:15 PM
:shock: Well look what the Cat dragged in!! Hello to you..umm.ummm....Jodie?? :wink: :lol:

Jarro
28th September 2005, 03:11 AM
Hi Jodie ..... great to hear from you again 8)

Hope you and the boys are doing well down there in Sydney, we really do miss you up here in wonderful QLD :wink:

AndyP
28th September 2005, 09:21 AM
Sorry to send you that PM and drag you in here , GG.
It must be horrible for you to read about how we have continued on with our golfing without you.

Onewood
29th September 2005, 06:52 PM
Hi Jodie, Wish Mitch a happy Birthday from us up in faaar north QLD, 4 already WOW, gee you must be feeling old :lol:

This town up here, has gone crazy over the COWBOYS :roll:

Flowergirl
29th September 2005, 09:16 PM
Welcome back...welcome back...welcome back.. ( sang to the tune of that tv series which I've forgotton the name of...but some smartie pants will know cos they don't have much of a life!!! :D )

Glad to hear that all is well with you and your family. :D

jaster
29th September 2005, 10:27 PM
Welcome back Cotter ;)

Golfgirl
1st October 2005, 02:59 PM
Thanks all,

Good to know that although I have been gone I have not been forgotten.

I will try and get my non-golfing butt in here on a more regular basis! :shock:

The weather here today is just lovely - perfect for golf - but I am relaxing at home with my husband whom I hardly ever see anymore... we really only catch up with each other to tag team on the parenting duties!!! :roll: Pretty sad really! :?

I am planning on having a week long break back home on the Sunshine Coast next June, and will try and spend as much time as possible at my beloved Horton Park.

And last but not least - GO THE COWBOYS!!!! - a sentiment that is not making me a terribly popular lass here in Sydney! :D :twisted:

Miss you all terribly!

Andrew
1st October 2005, 03:28 PM
Good to hear from you, Jodie.

As for that GO COWBOYS remark :smt118 :smt096 :smt093 :smt084 :smt075 [-X [-( :smt019 :smt011 :smt013 :smt078 :smt073

Jarro
1st October 2005, 04:19 PM
GO COWBOYS

8)

Golfgirl
20th November 2005, 04:01 PM
Don't everyone drop dead of shock - but I may be about to re-enter the golfing fraternity..... :shock: :lol:

Can anyone tell me which one of the Eastern Suburbs courses wouldn't be too bad to join???

amanda
20th November 2005, 04:35 PM
Hey Jodie - moving again?

AndyP
20th November 2005, 07:39 PM
Don't everyone drop dead of shock - but I may be about to re-enter the golfing fraternity..... :shock: :lol:
Woohoo! What's the change in circumstances?

The fact that you are posting on OZgolf is somewhat of a return to the golfing fratenity.

Golfgirl
22nd November 2005, 05:50 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, that's true Andy.

Nope - not moving again - staying right here in Sydney 'cause of exciting new job at Royal Sydney..... :D

Grunt
22nd November 2005, 08:04 AM
Is Eastlakes offering membership deals at the moment Jodie? I haven't played there since the new holes opened but it seemed to be a course with management that were taking the club forward.

marcel
22nd November 2005, 08:46 AM
Is Eastlakes offering membership deals at the moment Jodie? I haven't played there since the new holes opened but it seemed to be a course with management that were taking the club forward.

Grant,

fine course, some staff a bit dodgy though :lol:

Golfgirl
22nd November 2005, 06:38 PM
Only the ones in the pro shop Marcel...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Grant - the new holes are open and hubby (who is assistant pro there) says that they are good.  (As would be expected from Ross, eh 69??)

Has anyone played Kogarah - it's five mins from my place and always looks nicely manicured when I drive past  :?   But I thought someone told me not to waste my time (Was that you Andrew??)

Maybe I will go to Royal Randwick which I hear is about a Par 50.... probably about my style atm...  :oops:

Grunt
22nd November 2005, 06:49 PM
If the course is not that much of a problem Royal Botany would be worth a look, very cheap if you wish to use it as a handicap base and play open days around the traps.

Grunt
22nd November 2005, 06:51 PM
Kogarah is ok, but I think it might be expensive.

amanda
23rd November 2005, 02:55 PM
Jodie - Kogarah GC is on council land - and the council is planning on evicting the club. Members know about this - not sure where they are moving to - but it's coming up over the next few years.

I'm thinking Bardwell Valley would be close - 1 stop my way on the M5 (luckily the free section).

Grunt
23rd November 2005, 03:33 PM
Kogarah is selling part of their course for an airport shopping centre/industrial park. I think they are getting the land towards the Driving range to redevelop the holes they lose. It is a bit like New Brighton hey Amanda :wink: