PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 11th June

BenM
16th June 2012, 01:20 PM
Someone had to start it :)

Had 31 points today. Sigh.

Started birdie par and thought it might've been a good day, but it started to rain on 6 and the wheels fell off through the middle part of the round, the highlight being smacking a drive on 8 into the creek down the left, and then hitting the provisional into exactly the same place.

Only hit 3 fairways all day with my driver and putted pretty poorly. It's hard when the greens are soggy (it's been raining on and off for 2 or 3 days here, and rained quite a bit today too) and the holes are full of water, but still, 38 putts, geeze! Stats. (http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/167-11025777-11025956)

rubin
16th June 2012, 02:54 PM
33 today. Not bad, but not great either. Ntp on 15 should hold up, and i expect my ld to hold up as well.

Putting was ****ing rubbish though, gonna have to go the belly for next weeks round i think.

Nuffie
16th June 2012, 04:10 PM
33 today. Not bad, but not great either. Ntp on 15 should hold up, and i expect my ld to hold up as well.

Putting was ****ing rubbish though, gonna have to go the belly for next weeks round i think.

Poor putting even with that beautiful 33" Scotty you have? DIBS????

bdoug10
16th June 2012, 04:44 PM
93, why cant i just put in 18 holes? 5 pars 5 bogeys, 6 doubles, 8 and 9

rubin
16th June 2012, 04:56 PM
Poor putting even with that beautiful 33" Scotty you have? DIBS????

The belly gets a better roll at rocko - the scotty is awesome on normal greens, but with the rain recenty, the greens were all over the place. Not an excuse for shit putting though

Shadesy
16th June 2012, 05:38 PM
Flag tourny with 3/4 handicaps. Needed 1 under on the last 7 to carry my flag shot even! Had my chances, terrible putting (36) and hit 12 greens including one which was just off! Flag was planted on 18 20cm from the hole!

80 off the stick to get into singles for the first time (9.7...still 10) but in a rich vein if form! Hadnt swung for 2 weeks and new RAZR Fit 3 wood first time out!

3 doubles, 3 bogies and a bird.

rubin
16th June 2012, 05:46 PM
Flag tourny with 3/4 handicaps. Needed 1 under on the last 7 to carry my flag shot even! Had my chances, terrible putting (36) and hit 12 greens including one which was just off! Flag was planted on 18 20cm from the hole!

80 off the stick to get into singles for the first time (9.7...still 10) but in a rich vein if form! Hadnt swung for 2 weeks and new RAZR Fit 3 wood first time out!

Are flag comps counted in ur cap?

Shadesy
16th June 2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah its just stroke.

rubin
16th June 2012, 05:50 PM
Fair enough. Well done mate.

Shadesy
16th June 2012, 05:53 PM
Fair enough. Well done mate.

Skipped one one day as i thought it wasn't capped as well, till i played in one!

They are a good variation, its good fun trying to fight for your flag!

live4golf
16th June 2012, 06:16 PM
39 points, wiped the last hole :( Drove well, putted the lights out and played well in general.

Nuffie
16th June 2012, 06:56 PM

Good work Shadesy. Now to turn those doubles into bogies, then you'll really be flying.

Too bad I cant do the same with my doubles and triples that keep creeping in at the moment.

pingmanjas
16th June 2012, 06:58 PM
Par today ended up with 1 down. Shot a 76 which is to my handicap but a birdie on a hole where you get a stroke is just wasted in par.

catch22
16th June 2012, 06:59 PM
39 points, wiped the last hole :( Drove well, putted the lights out and played well in general.
Nice, round - though I feel your pain!
Had 37points to win B grade - 23f 14b. Feels good to finally play to my handicap and luckily managed to win (was windy today, not many great scores).
Wiped the last by shanking 2 balls in a row in bushes about 10m right of the tee block.

Had 5 x 3putts, 36 putts total, 7FW, 5 GIR. Quite happy with driving today, most misses werent too bad. Irons were about a 50/50 proposition which is good for me, and putting was OKish from close range but terrible again from long range.

Talart
16th June 2012, 08:20 PM
Could not do another day of practice and headed to Kingston for a round to get some competition time. Happy enough with the 87 gross Nett 74 with 35 putts. Been three months since having a hit there. The new driver was a bit erratic but greater distance off the tee is there now and will only improve.

timah!
16th June 2012, 08:39 PM
I had about 40 putts. Enough said.

Shadesy
16th June 2012, 08:41 PM

How'd the RAZR go with the Tiger Shaft! Looked at it on Thursday!

rubin
16th June 2012, 08:45 PM
hahaha just posted in your WITB thread.

bloody awesome. hard to tell distance on a day like today, gusting wind and the rain, but the LD for the day should have held up, and i think that was a tick over 250 - 260. It is a great feel of the face too - I'll be selling all my other driver i think.

BenM
16th June 2012, 09:08 PM
They feel fantastic when you flush them and sound great, (mine is a Razr X Black not a Fit but I assume they are similar)

rubin
16th June 2012, 09:13 PM
They feel fantastic when you flush them and sound great, (mine is a Razr X Black not a Fit but I assume they are similar)

The razr black is a bit more like a traditional driver, the razr fit is the composite head.

A very solid feel, but the ball just explodes of the clubface

BenM
16th June 2012, 09:20 PM
Ahh I see... will have to hit a Fit and see how different it feels.

Courty
17th June 2012, 09:40 AM
I don't want to talk about it.

KristianJ
17th June 2012, 03:55 PM
Single stab at Kogarah with L and a couple of his regular playing partners. 2nd, 3rd and 4th were out of play due to yesterday's drenching - spare hole was in play though, so 16 (7 front and 9 back) in total.

29 points (11 front, 18 back) was okay, but my back 9 putting display was awful. Left too many putts short in general. Everything else was a bit of a mixed bag.

I didn't keep any stats, but they would have been pretty much average.

hocko
17th June 2012, 04:31 PM
Played in pretty ordinary conditions yesterday and felt like i played like shite.
Once finished i had a look at the card and ended up with 36 points!
3 birds, 4 pars and the rest rubbish.....missed three 3 footers.
36 points was enough to come third out of a field of 90 odd.

jaybam
17th June 2012, 04:38 PM
35 points with three birdies which is strange for me. Short game sucks ass though. Need to try and get out to practise that a bit more. Fun morning though with good company for the most part anyway.

Bruce Dickinson
17th June 2012, 07:10 PM
Hot water system blew up, missed the tee time and first hole, got stitch running up the longest par 4 to get the group and ended up with 38 points. Had 23 points on the back 9 and now on non playing status for the next 12 months

Talart
17th June 2012, 08:39 PM
2009 I returned to the game on a 36 Handicap today I broke 80 for he first time in a competition. 78 gross 65 nett with 26 putts. In steady rain for the first 5 holes it was no easy day played in winter conditions.

jimandr
17th June 2012, 09:26 PM
First comp game for about six weeks, and I couldn't have picked a harder day. Camden Lakeside was very wet after yesterday's rain, and a strong cold breeze made it more difficult. With all those excuses my chance of a good score became even more remote after two shanks on the 1st and a classy wipe to start. Therefore 31 points for me was a very good score on a tough day. Even worse, we finished in the dark. Winter golf at its worst.

Sunk a fifty footer for birdie on 16, then missed a 4 footer on 17. It's always the way, isn't it.

Bruce Dickinson
17th June 2012, 09:32 PM
What do you mean "non playing status" ? Is that a ban for being late ? Taking a year off, only played six games. Works out at $450 a round

simmsy
17th June 2012, 09:44 PM
The razr black is a bit more like a traditional driver, the razr fit is the composite head.

A very solid feel, but the ball just explodes of the clubface

Theyre both forged composite rubin.

But youre right, when you hit the spot u know it. Even though they are very forgiving it just gives such a great sound/feel when u hit it out the nut.

catch22
18th June 2012, 07:02 PM
2009 I returned to the game on a 36 Handicap today I broke 80 for he first time in a competition. 78 gross 65 nett with 26 putts. In steady rain for the first 5 holes it was no easy day played in winter conditions.
Well done mate! Nice to knock over those milestones eh (been a while since I even broke 90)

AndyP
22nd June 2012, 07:46 PM
16/06/12, Wolston Park GC, Club Champs Rd 2.

8/11 effective tee-shots.
6/18 effective approaches.
2/9 up and down successes.
0/2 sand saves.
31 putts.
------------------------
2 birdies.
6 pars.
7 bogeys.
3 others.

Scoring: PbBBPBBbP PXBPXPXBB
Score (http://www.ozgolf.net/andyp/Scorecard/rounds/20120616-p95.html): 37-43-80 nett 72 (Par 35-32-67 ACR 65)

H/cap Change - Out 0.1 to 7.6 (The chance to make 7 in the short term might be gone)

I feel like I need to report this round for closure. ;)

I just need to keep it together at the start of my round.I was successful I suppose, but it's a bit of a mirror of the first club champs round. This time I had a good first nine, with a second nine that had some terrible holes (two triples, one double). My short game is not just struggling, but is a liability at times. I am not even getting it on the green with some of the greenside shots, and instead putting myself in a worse position. I actually did that on the front nine too, but on one occasion managed to sink a flop shot (which I rarely try). Yay me.

Despite the crappy score, I moved from equal 13th to 12th, I think. Not that it matters much anymore. My goal was making top 8 and the seeded groups after 3 rounds, but they have now changed it to top 4 for the seeded groups, since the gap in shots is so big.

Next round: Club Champs Rd 3 tomorrow.