PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 26th September

Flowergirl
26th September 2005, 04:57 PM
Played in a bowl event at Portsea. Gee I love that course :D
Hit the ball very well today and putted well. Played better than what my 30 points show. Had 3 wayward shots that resulted in unplayable lies that resulted in wipes :oops:
Also - stupid me - it took me until the 5th hole to realise that the 150 markers aren't 150 markers but 135 markers and to the front of the green and not the centre. :oops: I know, I know - read the bloody card next time. :D
Only bad thing was the girl whose card I was scoring couldn't add up. I know that I should have been aware of it earlier - two of the first five holes I was dubious with what she told me - it's hard when they are off 38 - they have a lot more shots than I'm used to  :shock: . Then I started keeping an eye on her and I had to correct her three times before she got it right. Gee I really would like to think that they were real mistakes and not deliberate. :?
Had a great day - gee I love golf :D

McMw
26th September 2005, 05:01 PM
obviously loves golf a lot!!! :D

Week commencing 26th October

Where did a whole month go???  :shock:

Flowergirl
26th September 2005, 05:07 PM
Ooooops :oops: Can someone fix that before everyone see that I'm a dickhead!!! :shock:

Jarro
26th September 2005, 05:15 PM
all fixed :wink:

Flowergirl
28th September 2005, 07:15 PM
Gee............should have changed the title of this thread to "what did Flowergirl shoot this week.
Played stroke today in very wet and windy conditions. I've had enough - it's been a long winter down here :shock: Huge thunderstorm at the moment- my poor doggie has his head on my lap - big tough dog. Back to the golf....

Gross 91 - Net 71 ( par is 70)
1 birdie, 4 pars and a couple that we won't talk about :oops:

Qualified ( well we all did) for the single matchplay knockout. I'm playing a girl on Saturday and I have to give her 13 shots :shock:

Virgal_Tracy
29th September 2005, 08:06 AM
Played in a memorial day for a mate's old man at Wallacia. Haven't hit the ball as sweet in a long time.Apart from the first and last drives everything was going long and relatively straight. Iron play was what I was most pleased with. Was hitting greens with regularity although said greens were often brutal with severe slope and difficult pin positions.

Played the course 4 under h'cap so was relly pleased with the day. Will definitely go back for another go.

Courty
29th September 2005, 02:42 PM
Played in the arvo comp yesterday. As usual, my target of NO double bogies got thrown out the window on the first hole. #-o
Still, I perservered and ended up making 37 pts (78 gross). There were 5 x 1 pointers in amongst it all, as well as 3 birdies. Should have been better, but the newly cored greens made putting a hit-and-miss affair. :roll:

drunken
30th September 2005, 01:47 PM
Played my 2nd round for two months this morning.

Reasonable return with 44 points, including two 1 pointers & one wipe :wink:

AndyP
30th September 2005, 01:53 PM
Nice shooting, drunky, but what happened in last weeks round? "No Score - Not Approved"?

Trung
30th September 2005, 01:53 PM
Reasonable return with 44 points,

haha.. :lol: nice round mate.. 8)

jaster
30th September 2005, 05:08 PM
Someone is off 19 now ;) Great shooting lefty 8)

Jarro
30th September 2005, 05:14 PM
nice shootin' Drunkypoo 8)

Grunt
30th September 2005, 05:24 PM
Played my 1st round with the club changes, started off great 18 points after 8 holes, then faltered badly to finish with 34. Some very good holes with 4 pars and a birdie.

Have to get used to the extra length that the clubs have now.

I know I keep saying it but the good round that I play to my true handicap is just around the corner, but it is I promise.

Eag's
30th September 2005, 05:44 PM
Played the Blue marker challenge at Bribie today.
Shot 91 :oops:
6 Fairways
6 Greens
36 Putts :evil: (with a chip in)

Had no clue where it was going of the tee today :smt100 spent a lot of time chipping out sideways.
The only thing I did do well today was chipping. Back to the drawing board :roll:

Pinglauncher
1st October 2005, 06:51 AM
We had our Sydney Water social club day at Massey Park yesterday. Yours truly had 32 points and struggled to come to terms with the newly cored and sanded greens (literally 1/2" + of sand) :shock:

Ping Jnr however in his first outing had 42 points which was the highest score from the 40 or so golfers and he won the "C" grade and visitors prize :D

BrisVegas
1st October 2005, 06:57 AM
Played a Corporate Day at Middle Ridge (Toowoomba) on Friday with Brooky17 and a couple of old school mates.

We had 68 off the bat and 58 1/4 nett. 53 won it!

Played pretty well for a change, hitting driver quite nicely and some good irons. As a team though, we just couldn't make any of the mid-long putts.... I drained a few 6-8 footers with the Bullseye though, so happy with that at least.

They had a novelty hole on the 5th (short par 3) where you had to play lefty with a 8 iron... Shocked myself by hitting a nice high draw and putting it on the green! :shock: :roll: Jaster - Tez, lookout I'm switching teams! :wink: :lol:

drunken
1st October 2005, 07:44 AM
Lost on countback by the looks of it...

http://ballinagolfclub.com.au/results.php

Grunt
1st October 2005, 11:32 AM
Snatched Defeat from the jaws of victory!!!!! :cry:

33 points
21 front nine
12 back nine with a 1 point, wipe, 2 points, wipe finish.
Had some of my greatest golf followed by some poor golf with absolutly no luck.
On 16 I hit off with my customary fade/slice into the rough on the left. Partners say hit a provisional to be safe. I hit it into a fairway trap. After some searching with no luck in an area I don't think is anywhere near my ball but they are adamant it is. I go to the bunker to hit the provisional after hittting a partner sings out "here it is" 50m further down and just in the 1st cut of the rough. Boy was I pissed off!! :x

Oh well there is always next time. :?

oz
1st October 2005, 12:08 PM
A pair of 39's today for a 78 (+6). Played pretty solid, apart from a dopey double on the par 5 4th, and a couple of poor decisions around the greens.

Trung
1st October 2005, 12:11 PM
80 off the bat for a net 75 :D

.. Opened with an 8 and 6 in the first 2 holes :? :oops:

terryand
1st October 2005, 03:47 PM
80 off the bat for a net 75  :D

.. Opened with an 8 and 6 in the first 2 holes   :?  :oops:

Good comeback Trungie :smt023

Played MM at Windy today and had a 82/75 with 3 bloody doubles :evil: :smt011

Hit the ball pretty good tee to green and wasn't too bad on the greens considering the reno last week(very sandy and shaggy).

Don't worry guys,they will be pure in 2 weeks 8)

Terry.

freddy a
1st October 2005, 08:45 PM
So far I have shot 71 net for the first 2 rounds of our club champs. I was going very well today 5 over front 9 and 1 over until we get to 16 where a father and son decided to walk on and decided to play socially. We asked them if they were mebers and they said yes we told them you can't be on course it's club champs. Well he decided he was in the right and told us well I payed my fees and I'm allowed to play 365 days of the year 24hours a day we told him he was kidding. He kept insisting he was right what a tool kit! I think this incident could have got ugly if the son wasn't there. As my mate who was 1over off the stick lost concentration while we waited for them the hole before. He has quite a short temper I too can loose composure over stupid things people do and say. Well lets just say I  3 putted the next 2 greens inside 15feet as I was just pumped full of adrenelain and told myself don't blow it pass the hole. I didn't blow it pass the hole but I left it way short. I doubled 16-17 and bogeyed 18.
I know I should have kept my cool but people who don't use thier brains really rub me the wrong way. What type of person woudn't know it's club champs and what person would think there is no competittions on Saturday.
Well I think I'm still placed in the to 20 in A Grade but i need a low to mid 70 tommorow and next Saturday to be a shot for NETT. Hopefully my bad rounds are gone and I can start posting good scores. I know I'm capable on going under off the stick as I proved a month a go when I turned 2 under after 9. Just gotta hit more fairways and putt better as I'm hitting my irons really solid.

jaster
1st October 2005, 09:19 PM
They had a novelty hole on the 5th (short par 3) where you had to play lefty with a 8 iron... Shocked myself by hitting a nice high draw and putting it on the green! :shock: :roll: Jaster - Tez, lookout I'm switching teams! :wink: :lol:

Well I'm scared :shock: nice going!!!

jaster
1st October 2005, 09:20 PM
Lost on countback by the looks of it...

http://ballinagolfclub.com.au/results.php

Bad luck drunken :(

jaster
1st October 2005, 09:25 PM
freddy a - Can you believe the nerve of some people!!! That is jsut crazy in the middle of the champs mate...bad luck :( Go out there next week and shoot 2 sub par rounds mate 8)

freddy a
2nd October 2005, 12:48 PM
had a 75 gross today 65nett thats the round I needed to break in the top ten hopefully.

jaster
2nd October 2005, 02:22 PM
Well played :smt023

Trung
2nd October 2005, 05:43 PM
78 off the bat :D

BrisWesty
2nd October 2005, 07:49 PM
What's wrong with the following series of numbers?
6, 4, 4, 4, 4, 12, 5, 5, 5 (for those who haven't figured it out, that was today's second 9. The 12 included 2 out of bounds, and a three putt on a par 5.)
Anyway I played some major rubbish in Rounds 2 & 3. 98 (net 84) (including 5 three-putts, and three separate situations where I had to play the ball resting against one or more twigs/branches) and 92 (net 78 including the aforementioned 12), so I'm taking my bat and ball and not playing round 4. Wouldn't have been an easy thing anyhow. Alaina (Mrs BrisWesty) is off to South Africa on Friday doing work with AIDS sufferers, and I would have had to find a person to look after the girls while I was playing.

jaster
2nd October 2005, 08:22 PM
Alaina (Mrs BrisWesty) is off to South Africa on Friday doing work with AIDS sufferers, and I would have had to find a person to look after the girls while I was playing.

:shock: That is amazing...wish her the best of luck!!

shavey
2nd October 2005, 08:56 PM
WOW - just when you think the game is coming together, you have a brain fart and there goes all the good work..

Turned in even par, 1 birdie, 1 bogey, 7 pars...

Kept it going until 12 when the water all of a sudden popped into my head as I drove up the ball. :?

Proceeded to take double, then lost balls the next two holes.

Eight over and three holes and parred the rest home.. :evil:

What could have been...

Then played another nine in the arvo with one of the pros and shot even par..

Glad they were only social rounds :)

McMw
2nd October 2005, 10:30 PM
78 yesterday - shocking round with the driver... :evil: :evil: :evil:

went out again this arvo with a GBB2 415 9º with NV65 stiff after the prize presentation...
hooked OOBs (again) off the first left...
2nd ball was great....
finished the round with a 73, making a slick 3 footer on the last downhill left to right breaker for a bird after stiffing the punch pitching wedge... :D

it's wat brings you back out there next day doesn't it!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jaster
2nd October 2005, 11:57 PM
73 with an OOB...your striping them mau :)

AndyP
3rd October 2005, 07:47 AM
02/10/05, Karana Downs GC, Social Round

Shot a big number in a social hit yesterday. It was my first round since changing my grip, stance and posture, so I didn't have any high expectations.

When the first shot of the day was a shank, it looked like it could have been a very 'interesting' round. But fortunately there were enough good shots in the round to give me some encouragement.

Played most of the par 3s very well, in fact, could have walked away with a couple of birdies if my putting was a bit better on the day. Unfortunately my putting overall was a bit disappointing, considering I hadn't changed that part of my game.

Found anything from 50m in pretty difficult with the new setup, as it wasn't something I practiced at the range the other night, including chipping. This is something that you need to be going well at when playing Karana, as there are lots of small sloping greens.
The driver was out of control too, and may get left out of the bag on the next round.

Regardless, I'm happy with how things went.

5 pars.
5 bogeys.
3 doubles.
1 triples.
2 quadruples.
2 quintuples.
Score 48-50-98 nett 86 (Par 34-32-66)

Jarro
3rd October 2005, 07:59 AM
it'll take time to get used to the changes AndyP ... but it'll be worth it :wink:

How was the condition of the course :?:

AndyP
3rd October 2005, 08:08 AM
it'll take time to get used to the changes AndyP ... but it'll be worth it  :wink:

How was the condition of the course  :?:
Short-term pain, long-term gain hopefully.

Course condition was dry (but where isn't).  Greens were good (and nasty) as usual.  Condition-wise, I found nothing to complain about really. And nor should I for $10 green-fees.

Trung
3rd October 2005, 10:53 AM
78 today :D