PDA

View Full Version : WA: Hartfield Pennant Fundraiser 2 Spots

Veefore
10th June 2012, 11:36 AM
Hi,

The Wandering Minstrel and I have two spots available for the Hartfield Pennant Fundraiser this coming Sunday.
Cost is $25 (plus green fees I presume but will confirm) and includes 18 holes of ambrose with fast greens and crazy pin placements followed by a sit-down lunch and auction.

It is shotgun start at 8:00am from the Par 3 6th tee.

Zeusgolf
10th June 2012, 04:50 PM
Do you need a handicap ???

Johnny Canuck
10th June 2012, 05:31 PM
These doors weren't open when I was booking in with my 70+ shots of ladies handicap.

Veefore
10th June 2012, 06:16 PM
Zeus, Hc not required.

JC, TV & RD were just placeholders while I checked with another mate. When he couldn't make it & I saw you were already in I figured I'd open it up for an Ozgolfer or two.

Johnny Canuck
10th June 2012, 08:07 PM
I am intrigued about having a go on an Ambrose day with this strategy. We could be looking at 11 or 12 shots before we start with the ladies.

Veefore
10th June 2012, 08:27 PM
You'll probably have a much better chance at winning than we will. Without significant handicap assistance it's not possible to get the 52-54 nett that is required. One year, we had 4 10 handicappers and birdied 16 holes with 2 pars and still lost out to a group that had two 27 handicappers in it.

Anyway, Pete and I are in it this year just for fun. Neither one of us is playing particularly well at the moment so for us it's just an extra chance to tighten up our games before Pennants begins the following week.

Johnny Canuck
10th June 2012, 08:48 PM
That answers my query of wondering when pennants start. Should be fun playing with the ladies. I hope they don't get too upset if we don't take many of their shots.

Yossarian
10th June 2012, 08:48 PM
Don't swear in front of them.

Johnny Canuck
10th June 2012, 08:50 PM
I have Hamilton in my group. He'll be cursing before we even get to out tee.

Yossarian
10th June 2012, 08:52 PM
And probably marry one of them by the 8th.

Veefore
10th June 2012, 09:56 PM

Look out Breda!!!

Johnny Canuck
10th June 2012, 10:18 PM
Awesome. He finish the round with 7 clubs as half will be gone in the divorce.

Zeusgolf
11th June 2012, 12:39 AM
I would like to play...

Count me in......maybe we could get Vic in ?????

idgolfguy
11th June 2012, 07:49 AM
Can no longer play on Sundays as daughter has started playing Soccer.

Sorry mate.

Veefore
11th June 2012, 10:04 PM
Awesome. He finish the round with 7 clubs as half will be gone in the divorce.

That's hilarious.

I would like to play...

Count me in......maybe we could get Vic in ?????

Great. I'll get the Pro shop to put your name in with us. I'm not game to take the "holder" names out incase there are people on the waiting list now that the field is nearly full.

It's a shame Vic can't make it. I haven't played with him for ages.

We really need someone who can bring a nice high handicap.

simmsy
11th June 2012, 10:10 PM
rubin

Johnny Canuck
11th June 2012, 10:16 PM
He could be a chance. Rocko might be closed by Sunday.

Shadesy
11th June 2012, 10:51 PM

Lol I said the same!

Jeffo1123
12th June 2012, 12:26 AM
He could be a chance. Rocko might be closed by Sunday. It would make for some tough holes at rocko with the amount of trees that could be laying on fairways!

Zeusgolf
12th June 2012, 01:26 AM
That's hilarious.

Great. I'll get the Pro shop to put your name in with us. I'm not game to take the "holder" names out incase there are people on the waiting list now that the field is nearly full.

It's a shame Vic can't make it. I haven't played with him for ages.

We really need someone who can bring a nice high handicap.

Cheers I'll see you there about 7:30ish maybe a bit earlier......going to be an early start traveling from Wundowie...

Nuffie
12th June 2012, 01:37 AM
It would make for some tough holes at rocko with the amount of trees that could be laying on fairways! Rocko can get some interesting weather in June. Played a pennants practice round there two years ago and when I was walking up on of the par 5's (adjacent to the trainline) it was that cold and windy that I couldn't tell if it was small hail or sleet!JCs comment about tiger losing half his bag of clubs to the next probable divorce made me laugh lots. JC how good is your form?

Johnny Canuck
12th June 2012, 01:46 AM
My irons are the best they have been in years Nuff. Hopefully they stick around.