PDA

View Full Version : Why you should use the clicgear handbrake...

UnexplainedWays
6th June 2012, 02:54 PM
I chipped onto the green, pushed the cart up and pulled the putter out. I rested the cart on the top of a hill on a flat surface. I watched the wheels to see if it stopped moving and it had.

Finished off my putt, turned around and it was gone.

I look down the hill and see it toppled over in the reeds lol. Nothing was lost or wet (1 ft above water). It was a really windy day so it would have pushed it slightly and gravity did the rest.

I would have taken a pic but you can guess where my phone was.

Johnny Canuck
6th June 2012, 03:00 PM
You are a rookie. I did it in style. Straight off a 15+ foot drop, over rocks, fully submerged in water.

There are photos "floating" around.

Ashes
6th June 2012, 03:06 PM
You are a rookie. I did it in style. Straight off a 15+ foot drop, over rocks, fully submerged in water.

What course was that?

I let go of mine walking down a hill at WAGC. It picked up way more speed than I was expecting and all I could do was yell out for my playing partner to get out of the way. He ended having to jump to one side as it smashed into his buggy, dislodging his bag and sending balls, tees and clubs flying everywhere.

He was pretty cranky about it; I just about pissed myself laughing.

Johnny Canuck
6th June 2012, 03:09 PM
9th at Araluen.

rubin
6th June 2012, 03:11 PM
funny part is not like the course is renowned for its water levels......

Ashes
6th June 2012, 03:16 PM
9th at Araluen.

What possessed you to walk that course?

dave1
6th June 2012, 03:18 PM
At secret harbour mine rolled 200 metets dowm a fairway - into a bunker - no damage done

idgolfguy
6th June 2012, 03:24 PM
What possessed you to walk that course?Best way the course.

Ashes
6th June 2012, 03:32 PM
Best way the course.

I prefer walking most courses, but walking Araluen.. I get sore and tired even thinking about it.

Yossarian
6th June 2012, 03:34 PM

Eldrick
6th June 2012, 03:47 PM
the despondent body language makes it funny

Yossarian
6th June 2012, 03:50 PM
That is me, trust me I was laughing although I think I was still a little worries Canuck would lash out if I did so loudly.

Johnny Canuck
6th June 2012, 03:55 PM
Easy walk. Even easier carrying.

Daves
6th June 2012, 06:57 PM
I am waiting for the Ferret's Clic Gear to do the same, his brake is broken.

Ferrins
6th June 2012, 07:00 PM
I have an after market brake.

Veefore
6th June 2012, 07:05 PM
I have a remote control electric buggy. Occasionally when bending over the buttons on the remote get pressed by a tee or something in my pocket and off it goes. I turn around to find it missing and have to go searching for it. It can cover a lot of distance in the minute or so while putting out.

Once I even had it land on me in a bunker on the 7th hole at Gosnells. I played a great shot out of the bunker and right as the ball hit the flag and dropped into the hole it felt like someone was tackling me. It turned out to be my buggy on the attack.

Oh, and I also watched a mates Click Gear buggy cartwheeling down the 7th hole at WAGC when he let the buggy go at the tee. It took off and got up quite a lot of speed. Then about halfway down it started to veer off to the left. Then momentum took over and it flipped side over side throwing clubs, tees, balls and everything else that was in the bag out as it tumbled. It was hilarious and tragic all at once.

Johnny Canuck
6th June 2012, 09:58 PM
I ror at the visual of you getting tackled by a buggy.

kingslayer33
6th June 2012, 10:05 PM

Nice one JC. My old man did a similar thing but not with a clicgear (just a smoothy) Destroyed a phone and his gps too. :lol::lol:

MegaWatty
7th June 2012, 12:04 AM
Kennedy Bay and Tourfits runaway buggy also come to mind. Once into a pot and once deep into the boonge.

PeteyD
7th June 2012, 09:57 AM
I have an after market brake.

Stick in the spokes?

Ferrins
7th June 2012, 12:01 PM
Stick in the spokes?

A length of 7mm white double braid polyester with a 316 grade stainless steel fixed ring snap hook attacked at both ends with a bow line knot. It is feed through the back wheel and then clipped.

PeteyD
7th June 2012, 12:25 PM
So an advanced stick in the spokes.

WBennett
7th June 2012, 12:43 PM
Not a pull buggy, but a motorised cart. I was walking off 18 and heard a roar from the clubhouse. The course marshall has parked his cart on the path and didn't engage the brake. A gust of wind moved the cart over the crest of the path and it picked up speed straight into the 4 metre deep lake! There were about 20 blokes standing outside sinking piss watching the whole thing unfold...

Eventually they had to skull drag the thing out using a 4WD after getting a diver in to hitch it up...