PDA

View Full Version : Flinders Golf Club

paulyboy
27th May 2012, 08:29 PM
Went to Flinders today for the first time. We have an annual reciprocal game with them but I'd never taken advantage of it before.
We have had some diabolical weather in Melbourne the last few days so I expected it to be a bog, and it was a tad wet in spots but in really good shape generally.
The first is a straight forward little par 4, but then it opens up into a spectacular golf course. I was blown away. Some quite short but strategic holes, and a few holes with a some real length to them. The 3rd was memorable, a par 3, 227 to the pin today into a stiff breeze. Don't often hit a driver on a par 3....
The holes that followed were amazing, I thoroughly enjoyed the day, even if the back 9 bit me a little bit.
Highly recommended by me, if you get the chance, grab it with both hands!

Toolish
27th May 2012, 10:59 PM
Agreed, good little track that is great for a wide variety of players as it is not stupid long.

Love the coffin hole!

Goldy
28th May 2012, 08:06 AM
The coffin hole is a cracker - played it once and birdied it!

Hamo84
28th May 2012, 09:41 AM
Cracker of a course this. Is the first and only course I have been able to play along the mornington peninsula and I have to say for the $ it is certainly excellent value for money. I dont know how it compares to the likes of Portsea and Sorrento but I thought it was worth every cent.

We were lucky the day we played as there was no breeze to speak of and weather was perfect and I too also loved the coffin hole and made a nice 4 on it

It is still one of my favourite courses.

paulyboy
28th May 2012, 12:30 PM
Coffin hole, sensational. Hit an ordinary hybrid off the tee to the right edge of the flat bit. Had 104m to the pin, a perfect gap wedge for me, into a breeze though so went up 3 clubs to an 8 iron. Smoked it, just carried the second ditch. Lucky enough to get up and down.
I imagine on really windy days she'd be a bit of a monster.