PDA

View Full Version : Adams XTD Super Fairway Wood and Hybrids

mrbluu
22nd May 2012, 09:45 PM
Anyone has tried on yet or know where I can try one?

JADO75
22nd May 2012, 11:57 PM
Forget the xtd mate, try a rbz 3 wood! Boom!

irishamateur
23rd May 2012, 08:31 AM
I have an 17º XTD super hybrid and it is brilliant! Ball flies off the face, even out of the rough! I don't carry a 3 wood since I got it

mrbluu
23rd May 2012, 11:01 PM
irishamateur did local or from o/s?

irishamateur
24th May 2012, 10:21 AM
I bought it of here, but it came from the US, I don't think they are available in Oz yet?

kitsoasis
25th May 2012, 09:16 AM
Forget the xtd mate, try a rbz 3 wood! Boom!

the XTD has same 'slot' technology but with a Ti head, boom boom...

JADO75
25th May 2012, 09:49 AM
Fair call mate, I think they've been doing the slot thing for awhile longer too? Haven't had an opp to hit the XTD but have heard great things

kitsoasis
25th May 2012, 10:43 AM
Fair call mate, I think they've been doing the slot thing for awhile longer too? Haven't had an opp to hit the XTD but have heard great things

speculation is that's why TM bought out Adams, to get the slot patent

mrbluu
27th July 2012, 11:01 PM
bump....so has anyone tried the XTD fairway wood or hybrid yet??

TheNuclearOne
27th July 2012, 11:38 PM
bump....so has anyone tried the XTD fairway wood or hybrid yet??

I'll give you something important.

There's a flaw in the fairway woods. They way they attached the weights on the bottom is faulty and they are dropping out at an alarming rate. Adams is aware of and trying to fix the problem, which is why there is such a huge hold up on production. I'm not even sure they've rectified it yet.

I'd think about waiting a few months on the FW tbh. Haven't heard of ay problems with the hybrids. From pretty much every account they are bombers.

mrbluu
27th July 2012, 11:44 PM
thanks for the heads up....how is your RBZ tour going??

TheNuclearOne
27th July 2012, 11:57 PM
thanks for the heads up....how is your RBZ tour going??

Anytime. Now i'm almost certain i remember seeing on WRX you can tell the latter batches that may be fixed up. Unfortunately i didn't bookmark it. Something like the weight pads had a smoother surface or something. If i run across it or can find it tomorrow night i'll be sure to holler.

The RBZ tour is going good. For me personally it's lower launch than any 14* - 15* i've ever hit but that's ok. I think it was Jado found it high launching, but he's a big hitter and maybe the slot /technology gives different results at different swing speeds. I've just shafted up a standard RBZ 15*, if i don't use it tomorrow i'll be hitting it Monday. I'm quite keen to see how it goes as well.

But yeah, the RBZ Tour is a bloody good stick.

mrbluu
28th July 2012, 12:01 AM
I'm keen to try to tour as it suppose to sit a little more open than the standard one....let me know how you go with the new rbz...ideally i would like to try the rbz tour and xtd back to back...........might have to wait a little later in the year....

TheNuclearOne
28th July 2012, 12:07 AM
I'm keen to try to tour as it suppose to sit a little more open than the standard one....let me know how you go with the new rbz...ideally i would like to try the rbz tour and xtd back to back...........might have to wait a little later in the year....

Yeah they are definitely two of the new clubs to try. My tour sits a little open and i was lucky enough to jag a standard head that sits square. From what i've seen and heard most sit noticably closed. For hot FW's you've got a lot of the new market covered there.

mrbluu
28th July 2012, 12:10 AM
the other one i was keen on was the superfast 2.0 tp (to match my driver), but the seem to still quite expensive so I rather spend a little more and get xtd or rbz tour.

TheNuclearOne
28th July 2012, 12:22 AM
the other one i was keen on was the superfast 2.0 tp (to match my driver), but the seem to still quite expensive so I rather spend a little more and get xtd or rbz tour.

Yeah, i'd highly recommend getting the RBZ. I'm eager to see the RBZ mark II whenever it comes out too. Being such new tech i reckon it will actually be better.

mrbluu
8th October 2012, 09:58 PM
I find it extremely interesting that Ryan Moore who is sponsored by Adams (I know TM has brought Adams), but he chooses the use the RBZ 3wood over the XTD....

TheNuclearOne
8th October 2012, 10:52 PM
I find it extremely interesting that Ryan Moore who is sponsored by Adams (I know TM has brought Adams), but he chooses the use the RBZ 3wood over the XTD....

The only Adams he had in his bag was the hybrids, including the XTD. Ping irons, TM wedges and a YES! putter.

mrbluu
27th October 2012, 09:47 PM
I picked up an Adams XTD 3 Wood on Friday, first round tomorrow.....

TheTrueReview
27th October 2012, 10:46 PM
... My tour sits a little open and i was lucky enough to jag a standard head that sits square. From what i've seen and heard most sit noticably closed. ....

How'd you manage that TNO?

Yeah, i'd highly recommend getting the RBZ. I'm eager to see the RBZ mark II whenever it comes out too. ...

It's probably still a way away. I've heard that TM has started discounting the RBZ driver & hybrids but not the 3 wood.

TheNuclearOne
28th October 2012, 05:02 PM
How'd you manage that TNO?

It's probably still a way away. I've heard that TM has started discounting the RBZ driver & hybrids but not the 3 wood.

Pure luck TTR, the one Wiz sent from WA sat wayyyyyyyyy less closed than the few i've seen in pro shops. Very close to square it was, if not square.

There's been some awesome deals going second hand TTR, keep an eye out. I sold my standard head the other day.

TheNuclearOne
28th October 2012, 05:06 PM
Bluuey - hope you remembered my advice on gluing the weights. Heaps more fell out since we last chatted. I epoxied the weight gaps on mine and had zero probs.

mrbluu
28th October 2012, 06:02 PM
First round with the XTD today. Very solid feeling club, feels much more stable and solid than my VSteel, but could be cos of the stiffer shaft. Quite easy to hit and forgiving. Only used it once off the deck, but it was a really good lie. I was able to shape it both ways with snap cutting or hooking it. Early days but good chance of it staying in the bag.

mrbluu
13th November 2012, 02:09 PM
Bluuey - hope you remembered my advice on gluing the weights. Heaps more fell out since we last chatted. I epoxied the weight gaps on mine and had zero probs.

No but I will keep that in mind. I brought of Golf Mart if anything goes wrong I'll take it back to them.

rowey
13th November 2012, 05:09 PM
Mate I have just recently purchased a Adams Speedline Fast12 3 wood with a stiff Prolaunch Blue & love the feel & also the distance I am getting with it.

Thinking of a Driver now.

sol381
13th November 2012, 05:31 PM
also got the adams speedline fast 12 3 wood..very long and so easy to get airborne even off the deck.. gets a flight of a 6 iron..also have the driver very long too but at 46" is a bit long in the hand..going to give it another crack tomorrow but think i may get an inch maybe inch and a quarter cut off....

mrbluu
13th November 2012, 10:31 PM
I'm not of the school of the 3 wood and driver having to match, as they are designed for different jobs. If you look a the RBZ Drivers they don't even have the Slot Technology that the 3Wood and Hybrids have.

I heard good things about the F12 and one of the boys at my club has one, but I'm pretty impress with the XTD. Will be going back to the VSteel the XTD starts to miss behave.

Flog
15th November 2012, 11:39 PM
On an impulse caused by being offered a good deal I bought the F11 TI with the xcon 7 stiff shaft (note that Adams use GENUINE shafts in the clubs). Love it, so much so I have now acquired the 5w to match.
Still have a gap in my bag for a 2/3 iron equivalent so, next year going to look at the XTD or V4 hybrids and the super xtd FW as the natural upgrade.
If anyone has some feed back on the V4s that would be appreciated.

TheNuclearOne
16th November 2012, 06:29 AM
On an impulse caused by being offered a good deal I bought the F11 TI with the xcon 7 stiff shaft (note that Adams use GENUINE shafts in the clubs). Love it, so much so I have now acquired the 5w to match.
Still have a gap in my bag for a 2/3 iron equivalent so, next year going to look at the XTD or V4 hybrids and the super xtd FW as the natural upgrade.
If anyone has some feed back on the V4s that would be appreciated.

Adams use both genuine and NON even in the same brand shaft.

Does it say XCON 7.1?

ruud
16th November 2012, 09:42 AM
Just received the Super XTD in 21* and really liked the Fubuki shaft in it. Balls were long and dispertion was very tight. Am impressed. Finally a hybrid I can hit.
Well, we'll see how it goes on the course soon.

TheNuclearOne
16th November 2012, 04:16 PM
Just received the Super XTD in 21* and really liked the Fubuki shaft in it. Balls were long and dispertion was very tight. Am impressed. Finally a hybrid I can hit.
Well, we'll see how it goes on the course soon.

Awesome sticks aren't they.

mrbluu
4th December 2012, 08:38 AM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Adams-Speedline-Super-XTD-Fairway-Metal-14-5-Degree-Stiff-Flex-Matching-Cover-/200857565780?pt=AU_GolfClubs&hash=item2ec40b3a54&_uhb=1#ht_500wt_1315

mrbluu
3rd February 2013, 11:49 PM
Still lots of love the the XTD. Great second driver off the tee!! I can hit a little cut with that travels about 230m.

It's not awesome off the deck, but I've been hitting the driver long enough recently and can get the 5 wood out about 210m if I need. Need to learn to hit a high draw with it but it's not the end of the world if I don't.