PDA

View Full Version : Crickets Super Series teams

Jarro
20th September 2005, 01:31 PM
Test squad Matthew Hayden, Justin Langer, Ricky Ponting (capt), Brad Hodge, Michael Clarke, Simon Katich, Adam Gilchrist (wk), Shane Watson, Brett Lee, Shane Warne, Glenn McGrath, Shaun Tait, Stuart MacGill.

One-day squad Adam Gilchrist (wk), Michael Clarke, Ricky Ponting (capt), Damien Martyn, Simon Katich, Michael Hussey, Andrew Symonds, Shane Watson, James Hopes, Brad Hogg, Brett Lee, Glenn McGrath, Nathan Bracken, Shaun Tait.

seems a few big names have been given the flick :shock: good to see the new blood being given a chance 8)

3oneday
20th September 2005, 01:40 PM
They've dropped Martyn from the test team, and confirmed the demise of Dizzy, that it ???

Jarro
20th September 2005, 01:43 PM
Kaspa's gone too, and Hayden has been dropped from the One-day lineup.

Looks like they're hoping that Shane Watson wil be our answer to Freddie Flintoff :roll:

3oneday
20th September 2005, 01:56 PM
Looks like they're hoping that Shane Watson wil be our answer to Freddie Flintoff  :roll: :smt099 :smt012 :smt078

AndyP
20th September 2005, 02:05 PM
Confidence should be real high heading into these matches.  :roll:

Not sure that dropping Martyn is enough.  I'd say Hayden's last test century saved his butt for now.

Who is going to open the one-dayers with Gilly? Katich?

markTHEblake
20th September 2005, 02:09 PM
Its going to seem odd seeing players repesent australia as the #1 test side in the world that wasnt amongst the players that got them there.

McMw
20th September 2005, 02:15 PM
harsh to drop martyn from the test...

bracken??? c'mon.... :roll:

Ona
20th September 2005, 03:45 PM
looking at those lists now its like BLAH, when a few years ago I was giggling with glee :(

raidrboy
20th September 2005, 05:22 PM
For the selector's to hope that Shane Watson is going to be Australia's answer to "Freddie" Flintoff I think" hope" is the operative word and, I am sure there are better options around than Nathan Bracken. These selections smell of the band-aid solution to an expected slide in Australia's test and 1 day teams.

jaster
20th September 2005, 05:58 PM
Clarke and Gilly will open the Onedayers....

Bracken is a poor choice :roll:

terryand
20th September 2005, 06:22 PM
Have to disagree Jaster 8)

i thought Brackens for towards the end of the season was good and very good in the final.

he did finish on top of the averages for the season at 18.79 a wicket,for 43 wickets,6th best for the season.

heres most wickets...

http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/AUS_LOCAL/PC/STATS/PC_2004-05_BOWL_MOST_WKTS.html

And averages...

http://aus.cricinfo.com/db/ARCHIVE/2004-05/AUS_LOCAL/PC/STATS/PC_2004-05_BOWL_BEST_AVS.html

By these figures I think Bichel was very unlucky not to tour :?

Terry.

jaster
20th September 2005, 07:01 PM
We'll disagree then ;) Bracken will be a fizzer.... lucky he is from a certain state is all I can say ;)

Bichel is the obvious choice but he will never play for Australia again..wish I knew whose wife he slept with :?

Trung
20th September 2005, 07:16 PM
..wish I knew whose wife he slept with   :?

:?: we need to have a chat on MSN.. I want to know more.. :twisted:

cazandpaul
20th September 2005, 07:33 PM
Australian selectors love tall lefty fast bowlers as it provides a huge alternative to the stock right arm over.

Watson's selection is a joke - sort of a batsman who can bowl quite quick but with no variation.

It also appears the Ashes defeat was all the fault of Martyn, Gillespie and Kasprowicz :shock:

jaster
20th September 2005, 08:18 PM
..wish I knew whose wife he slept with :?

:?: we need to have a chat on MSN.. I want to know more.. :twisted:

:lol: I was asking if anyone else knew who it was.... :wink:

AndyP
20th September 2005, 08:25 PM
When I think of Bracken, I think of full tosses.

Jarro
20th September 2005, 08:52 PM
Bracken could be an ace up our sleeve.

He's quick, moves the ball a fair bit, and he's left-handed ...... just what we needed on the recent ashes tour :roll:

all i can say about Watson is that he better perform a lot better than he has so far (for Australia)

Bruce
20th September 2005, 09:24 PM
all i can say about Watson is that he better perform a lot better than he has so far (for Australia)

Watson can send down a rifle-straight, half-volley with the best of them. He is ready to fit straight in to the Aussie attack.

Fishman Dan
20th September 2005, 10:09 PM
Bruce - you forgot to mention his skills with the bat. He can make it to 15 or 20 quite comfortably too before throwing away his wicket.. :roll:

Bruce
20th September 2005, 10:12 PM
Bruce - you forgot to mention his skills with the bat. He can make it to 15 or 20 quite comfortably too before throwing away his wicket.. :roll:

He can bat at 4 as well then. :roll:

Jarro
21st September 2005, 06:37 AM
should we also make him captain of the side then :wink:

3oneday
21st September 2005, 07:33 AM
Is he the guy that was afraid of the ghosts when he was playing the one dayers ?? Bring it on, a fast bowler with NO NUGGETS !!!!!!!!

Jarro
21st September 2005, 08:42 AM
Is he the guy that was afraid of the ghosts when he was playing the one dayers ?? Bring it on, a fast bowler with NO NUGGETS !!!!!!!!

nah, that was Shane Watson ... the big sheila :oops:

spent the night at the foot of Warneys bed.

Probably hoping to catch some of Warney's cast-offs :wink:

Grunt
21st September 2005, 01:33 PM
Think Bracken is a good choice for the team, he gives options and his form in the PURA cup last year justifies giving him a chance. James Hopes might get a run in the one dayers too as he is on fire at the moment with Australia A in Pakistan.