PDA

View Full Version : Heads, Shafts, your thoughts

live4golf
19th May 2012, 06:19 PM
I have some ripping Cobra Pro CB's with some s300 shafts. I do have a little problem, the shafts are standard length and I am 'fitted' to be 1/2 inch over.

I do have some KBS tour shafts in r9 tp heads that are 1/2 inch over.

Couple of questions:

In all honesty, do clubs really need to be fitted? - I am hitting my Cobra's very well, getting good distance and good accuracy so does that extra 1/2 inch really make that much of a difference? - sould you go to the trouble and cost of extending them 1/2 inch?
The Cobra heads feel a bit heavier than normal irons, something I like. If I was to swap shafts would the KBS play softer with the slightly heavier heads or does it not matter a jot?
Would you just keep the s300 shafts in the Cobra irons and stop stuffing with things that are working because in all honesty the KBS tours would perform much the same as the s300's or would you put the KBS tours in the cobra heads?

Cheers.

Croydo
19th May 2012, 06:22 PM
If the cobras are working for you then don't change them.

timah!
19th May 2012, 06:56 PM
It's something I'm doing ATM. Have plenty of wants/ideas etc, but the cb/KBS combo is working well and would be stupid to chop and change.

Yossarian
19th May 2012, 09:56 PM
Get some graphite in the long irons and some x stiff project x in the short irons.

timinsa
19th May 2012, 10:51 PM
If you must F!#% with something that isn't broken I'd suggest change the 6 iron only & hit a bucket with it.
It's highly unlikely that the cobra heads are heavier. It's the balance point of the 2 different shafts. KBS Tours typically play 2 SW points lighter than S300s at the same length because their balance point is higher. So they often feel head-light unless built to a specific SW. If you put the 1/2" longer KBS shafts in the Cobra heads the SW will be nearly the same as the S300s as the extra length combined with 10gm lighter weight of the KBS shaft adds roughly 2 SW points.

3oneday
20th May 2012, 07:00 AM
I asked a clubmaker about reshafting cobra cb's, he said they have different depths throughout so whatever you do may totally stuff them, as your lengths and swingweights (if they matter) will be out.

rick3003
20th May 2012, 07:31 AM
If you extend the cobra's half an inch they will play softer.

live4golf
20th May 2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks gents, I will leave.