PDA

View Full Version : Back To Back for WCE

McMw
19th September 2005, 11:04 PM
Congrats To Cousins on the Brownlow!!! :D :D :D

let's bring it home this Saturday!!!

funnily enough, the only AFL game they show on my cable is the grand final every year...
and this year...I have to play the KGM Open across the border... :roll:
let's see if Jean knows how to press a few buttons right on the vcr remote control... :wink:

cazandpaul
20th September 2005, 04:58 AM
Swannies comfortably - the Eagles are away from their Subiaco security blanket where there will be no more 50/50 decisions going their way.

AndyP
20th September 2005, 05:28 AM
Given up on Fremantle for this year, McMw? ;)

Weagles for me.

Fishman Dan
20th September 2005, 06:47 AM
CHEER CHEER THE RED AND THE WHITE!

Onewood
20th September 2005, 06:58 AM
West Coasters Premiers for 2005 8) Swans wont get a look in after half time :P

BrisVegas
20th September 2005, 07:08 AM
Is there any chance Hall can get a last minute reprieve?

My heart says Weagles, but my head says Swans.

AndyP
20th September 2005, 07:13 AM
It's a joke if he does. Deserves a week off.

Unfortunately the Swans are going to turn the Grand Final into a low scoring scrap.

Virgal_Tracy
20th September 2005, 07:42 AM
How negative Andy.
The Swans were the highest scoring team over the last 6 rounds. The difference between the Swans and other teams is they have players prepared to dive on the ball where others will kick it off the ground (or at head height if you're a Geelong player).

Tell me how Hall's charge is the same as Gasper's from W.C. ? Gasper elbow's a guy in the head and gets the same charge as Hall who's opponent must now look at the replays and be afraid to show his face at the local. Or if he goes to the local he would'nt be allowed in the front bar.

Go You Swannies

3oneday
20th September 2005, 07:53 AM
It's a joke if he does.  Deserves a week off.woulda done more harm with his handbag, fairdinkum, 2 weeks for an elbow ???? how is that the same crime ???

My bet, he'll play, at worst he'll get a supreme court injunction just like Dunkley did. Hall plays, Swans win, simple really.....

And that's from someone who has watched one game all year (i can read though :wink: )

Pete

AndyP
20th September 2005, 07:57 AM
The Swans were the highest scoring team over the last 6 rounds.
They are playing the finals as they played the start of the year, not how they played the last 6 rounds.

The difference between the Swans and other teams is they have players prepared to dive on the ball where others will kick it off the ground (or at head height if you're a Geelong player).
Are you saying that the Swans should be getting penalised for holding the ball more often? ;) Rules were changed to discourage diving on the ball.
They seem to be constantly trying to hold the game up.

Tell me how Hall's charge is the same as Gasper's from W.C. ? Gasper elbow's a guy in the head and gets the same charge as Hall who's opponent must now look at the replays and be afraid to show his face at the local. Or if he goes to the local he would'nt be allowed in the front bar.
I agree they are both different.
Gaspar was unlucky. He was just trying to bump someone, but let his elbow get too high.
Hall's act was intentional. Do you really think Maguire faked it to get a freekick, and let Hall get a mark on his own? He didn't expect the contact to the guts, and went down as a result.

There will be no court injunction like there was for Dodgy Dunkley. I think the AFL has closed that loophole.

Good to see a true Swans supporter though, Virgal. :smt023
It's been a long wait for a premiership, and you haven't had that many cracks at it on the last Sat in September.

Jarro
20th September 2005, 07:59 AM
you're a disgrace to the NRL fraternity 3oneday :smt018 :smt011

McMw
20th September 2005, 08:54 AM
Given up on Fremantle for this year, McMw? ;)

fan of WA footy...but WCE over Dockers any time mate.... :wink:

afterall...my claim to fame with Cuz is that I played one match of interhouse footy with him (same house) and a season of 3XVIII PSA cricket match... 8)

raidrboy
20th September 2005, 08:40 PM
[quote="cazandpaul"]Swannies comfortably - the Eagles are away from their Subiaco security blanket where there will be no more 50/50 decisions going their way.

Well what a load of verbal c%*p. The Eagles get no more of your so called 50/50 decisions at Subiaco than the Swans do on their beloved SCG.

After the tribunal decision tonight it has sounded the okay for players to whack an opponent 30 metres off the play, then plead guilty and, your off. Or were the tribunal worried that they might have to cough up some money to defend the decision in the Supreme Court.

Hardly the type of decision that football at any level needs. :?:

Bruce
20th September 2005, 08:47 PM
I agree on both points raidrboy.

The tribunal now only exists to ratify decisions made by the media and public opinion after a player has been cited.

terryand
20th September 2005, 08:52 PM
What do you 2 care anyway,it not like there playing a Vic side http://deephousepage.com/smilies/rofl5.gif

Terry.

Fishman Dan
20th September 2005, 09:35 PM
West Coasters Premiers for 2005 8) Swans wont get a look in after half time :P

They've nearly been run down twice in their last couple of games, and lost several in a row prior to that.

Reminds me of some other team that dominated their code for the first half (read - "wrong half") of the season. :-k

The first half of the season people were being rubbed out for little niggles like that, but there has been a speight of similar instances in the last 6 weeks of the season that didn't even get referred to the tribunal - so in a sense Hall was UNLUCKY to go through the scrutiny.

The lucky one is Gaspar!

Go the Swannies!!

AndyP
23rd September 2005, 07:36 AM
Hall free despite murderous rampage

Sydney forward Barry Hall is free to play in the AFL Grand Final this weekend despite having killed three people before last week's preliminary final against St Kilda.

It has been discovered that Hall stopped off at a 7-11 last Friday night and ruthlessly gunned down three people who were holding him up in the queue by taking too long to pay for a packet of Mentos. But the AFL Tribunal ruled last night that because Hall had been on his way to the game at the time of the incident, contact could be deemed to be 'in play'

They further ruled that his conduct could not be considered 'deliberate', only merely 'reckless', insofar as it was reckless how he had pulled the gun from his pocket and fired off about 30 rounds.

Finally, they also ruled that because the bullets struck the victims mainly in the chest, contact was not head-high and should therefore be considered at the lower end of the scale of offences.

This still left Hall with a total of 1,674,265 points, or a total Suspension of 12-15 years, with time off for good behaviour. But there was a 25% reduction for Hall's guilty plea, and a further 74.9% reduction because of the AFL's naked determination to give Sydney the best possible chance of winning the Premiership.

The end result is that Hall will not only lead the Swans onto the field This weekend, but has also been promised several unwarranted free kicks – to be taken at a time of his choosing - to compensate him for pain and suffering.

An AFL spokesman said they were happy that justice had prevailed.

"Nobody wants to see a Sydney player ... errrr, sorry, any player miss an AFL Grand Final," the spokesman said. "Unless, of course, it's a Collingwood player, in which case it's just funny. "But we think in this case it's a good result for football. It's certainly a good result for Sydney, and therefore a good result for us. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go and help the Swans cheer squad with their banner."

The spokesman did concede, however, that the Hall decision had caused
problems for the League. "Hell yeah, it meant we also had to let Gaspar off for his blatant elbow as a square-off. So don't think we haven't suffered."

BrisVegas
23rd September 2005, 07:42 AM
bit quiet at work this morning P ?

AndyP
23rd September 2005, 08:02 AM
bit quiet at work this morning P ?
Been quiet the last couple of weeks.  
Regardless, it's just a cut & paste job from an email.