PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 19 September 2005

cazandpaul
19th September 2005, 04:02 PM
Monster Monday at Burleigh today - got it around for 36 points - nothing special - pretty much just bogey golf :?

Flowergirl
19th September 2005, 05:32 PM
I would love to play bogey golf!!! :D

goughy
19th September 2005, 05:53 PM
Shot 19 points at city pro-am yesterday with 9 washes. Shot 3 over for 9 this arvo. What a difference a day (and no pressure) makes.

Jarro
19th September 2005, 05:56 PM
I would love to play bogey golf!!! :D

that's what i'm playing now.

damn cold :(

McMw
20th September 2005, 11:53 PM
2 under 33 this afternoon - birdied 10th and 12, missed 5footer birdie on 16th...

nothing spectacular today...just in control of the swing - only 2 got away from me...

wish more days/games were like this... 8)

Trung
21st September 2005, 08:33 AM
83 off the bat yesterday.. :D

Flowergirl
21st September 2005, 08:40 AM
John and I wnet up to the course last night after work and played five holes. ( no I'm not here to report my score for five holes!!!) We ended up playing the last two holes in complete darkness. We would listen for the ball to drop ( or hit the trees :shock: ) and then guess where it was. We found them ok......and both bogeyed both holes. Playing in the dark makes you "trust" your swing and chips a lot more and rely on "feel" rather than the visual aspect of the game.
It was fun :D

BrisVegas
21st September 2005, 08:58 AM
Reenie - you sure you didn't go out late just so you could get John alone in the woods after dark...?? :roll: You horny devil. :P

Flowergirl
21st September 2005, 09:09 AM
Reenie - you sure you didn't go out late just so you could get John alone in the woods after dark...??  :roll:   You horny devil.  :P

Were you watching? :shock: :twisted:

Courty
21st September 2005, 04:01 PM
Played in the comp this arve (new job has more flexible hours :D). Started well, birdie on the first, followed by par, wipe, par, par, birdie, bogey, par wipe. Finished the 9 with 18 pts (including the 2 wipes :roll:). But it was all for nothing, as I hacked my way to 13 pts on the back (only 1 wipe, but plenty of 1's. :? I'll try again on Saturday. The club is doing a shotgun start so everyone can be back in for the AFL final.

Flowergirl
22nd September 2005, 08:31 PM
How lucky am I!!! Played in a mixed ambrose event today with a wiley old codger at our club. He knows how to manipulate his handicap amazingly - he always seems to be able to "shave" off a shot or two just when he knows it will come in handy - he is known as "handbrake" by all at the club :D We played well - 76 gross - off a 7.5 handicap. Not enough to win but were pretty happy with that.

Oh.....that's not the lucky part. The lucky part is that one of our playing partners was my coach - Tim. So he got to watch me play 18 holes - for better and for worse - so he will know exactly what I need to work on the most. It's all very well getting me to hit shots on the practise fairway - but it's out on the course in playing conditions that count.
WE talked briefly about my game afterwards and he said that he'll jot down some game notes for our next lesson.
Oh - and also got lucky. I've ordered a new snazy golf bag - went and played the pokes - won $200 - that'll pay for the new golf bag thank you very much. :D Doesn't get much better than that!!! :wink:

McMw
22nd September 2005, 09:51 PM
1 bird 1 bog for the 9 this evening...
drove the ball reasonably well...
putted badly...wonder why I bother with all those practice sessions... :roll:
one dodgy iron (thinned) shot, which still managed to finish 6 ft away (missed the bird naturally)...

fingers crossed for tomorrow and satuday - hoping to qualify for sunday... 8)

jaster
22nd September 2005, 09:59 PM
1 bird 1 bog for the 9 this evening...
drove the ball reasonably well...
putted badly...wonder why I bother with all those practice sessions... :roll:
one dodgy iron (thinned) shot, which still managed to finish 6 ft away (missed the bird naturally)...

fingers crossed for tomorrow and satuday - hoping to qualify for sunday... 8)

Qualify for what? More info mate :!:

McMw
22nd September 2005, 10:09 PM
KGM Open - club open across the border...
3rd year's a charm I guess...

my last couple of games there (not regular) has been quite okay...a 74 was the last one (PB)...so I'm okay going around the course I think...

just haven't come up with the goods in the past 2 opens, not even breaking 80s or 90s sometimes... :lol: :lol: :lol:

jaster
22nd September 2005, 10:11 PM
Sounds great!!! Good luck.....fairways and greens...fairways and greens 8)

McMw
22nd September 2005, 10:20 PM
fairways will be my mantra tomorrow...this course is so unbelievably tight off the tee...

front 9 going out - every hole has OOBs in play...yes - even the par3s...
back 9 coming in - only the par3 12 is free from OOBs...

FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

jaster
22nd September 2005, 10:46 PM
:shock: sheesh...have fun :P

Grunt
23rd September 2005, 06:50 PM
Played in the Holden Scramble today.
Played ok we ended up 6 under off the stick (not enough). I hit the ball fairly well all day, iron play was great, putting was even better.
Monthly Medal tomorrow, we will have to see if today was a glitch or I really am starting to play better than my 25 handicap inplies.

Bruce
23rd September 2005, 09:25 PM
Tomorrow's match.

Lost the matchplay final - w/o.

Jsut cannot fight off this ****ing tonsil bug thing that comes with a headache from hell. I could probably struggle around the course if it were local, but the 2 hour drive required to get there is just too much.

Jarro
24th September 2005, 10:45 AM
82 (nett 69) at Nudgee this morning. Played with Gazgolf and Nudgee.

Hit the ball pretty well today, i think i'm really close to a low round ... just have to work a little more on the short game :wink: Getting more and more comfortable with my new swing, and i think i'm hitting my irons the best i ever have .... so i'm really chuffed about that 8)

7/14 fairways
4/9 up&downs
1/3 sand saves
32 putts

jaster
24th September 2005, 11:20 AM
Well played Jarro 8) How many greens did you hit? Covert 3 more up and downs and you shoot 79!!!

More importantly did you beat the other lads and what did they shoot?

Jarro
24th September 2005, 11:30 AM
More importantly did you beat the other lads and what did they shoot?

i think i got the money from the lads, i know Nudgee had a Nett 70 .... not sure what the cute fella had :? He did mange to perform the most outrageous up&down on the 18th hole though :shock:

unbelievable :o

Jarro
24th September 2005, 11:34 AM
Well played Jarro 8) How many greens did you hit?

jaster
24th September 2005, 11:37 AM
The 18th on the North I imagine? Biatch of a green :lol:

Eag's
24th September 2005, 11:40 AM

Hit the ball pretty well today, i think i'm really close to a low round ... just have to work a little more on the short game :wink: Getting more and more comfortable with my new swing, and i think i'm hitting my irons the best i ever have .... so i'm really chuffed about that 8)

7/14 fairways
4/9 up&downs
1/3 sand saves
32 putts

Well played mate 8)
Look out Tez Jarro is hitting some form :wink:

Jarro
24th September 2005, 11:40 AM
The 18th on the North I imagine? Biatch of a green  :lol:

sure is :x

pin was cut right at the front, and dead centre.

Pretty quick today as well, very dry,hard and bloody fast :shock:

Grunt
24th September 2005, 11:56 AM
Played Monthly medal this morning 94 gross 69 nett. :?
Could have been so much better, funny how you can have days where you play poorly and beat your handicap & other times you hit the ball sweet as only not to score at all.
The good round in coming I can feel it.

terryand
24th September 2005, 12:15 PM

Hit the ball pretty well today, i think i'm really close to a low round ... just have to work a little more on the short game  :wink: Getting more and more comfortable with my new swing, and i think i'm hitting my irons the best i ever have .... so i'm really chuffed about that  8)

7/14 fairways
4/9 up&downs
1/3 sand saves
32 putts

Well played mate  8)
Look out Tez Jarro is hitting some form  :wink:

Lookout for what :smt017

Terry.

BrisWesty
24th September 2005, 05:12 PM
First round of the club championships today at Caboolture.
Had a fairly up and down front 9. ended with 45 (2 over 15 hcp) but hit two of my longest ever drives on a couple of the holes.  Took the best part of 3 hours for the first 9 (including starting 15 minutes later than tee time)
Came to the second 9 and was playing OK, then finished off par, bogey, birdie, par, par (missed a 3m birdie putt) for 38 (5 under hcp).
Could have been anything if I'd been able to chip around the trees to get back out of trouble instead of trying to chip through them.  Hit one set of trees two times in a row!
So 83 off the stick (2 off the leader), 68 net (1 off the leader).
Update - Oops someone came in with a 65 net so 3 off the leader.

Fairways 7/13
GIR 5 (4 on back 9)
Putts 32
1/3 sand saves

PS Nice work Jarro

Eag's
24th September 2005, 05:16 PM
Well done BrisWesty :smt023

Jarro
24th September 2005, 05:20 PM
well done Mark ..... great way to start your champs 8)

oz
24th September 2005, 08:53 PM
33 points today. Hit the ball really quite solidly, but couldn't make a putt. 34 putts. Wedge play was pretty average, too. Said goodbye to the belly putter today. Driver was solid. Probably my best driving round in several months..... just goes to show you... drive for show, and.... you know the rest....

Flowergirl
24th September 2005, 09:28 PM
Tomorrow's match.

Lost the matchplay final - w/o.

Jsut cannot fight off this @#$% tonsil bug thing that comes with a headache from hell.  I could probably struggle around the course if it were local, but the 2 hour drive required to get there is just too much.

What a drama queen :twisted: Yea..............got my own back on ya. :wink:
Seriously though - bad luck there mate. Sorry that it ended that way. At least you got to stay home and watch the footy.
Hope you feel better soon. :D

Flowergirl
24th September 2005, 09:33 PM
Played a social round with the "old guys". We played the front nine twice - not sure why it worked that way. Had a 46 and a 44. Didn't really hit the ball great but I kept out of trouble and putted well.

Trung
25th September 2005, 11:04 AM

Hit the ball pretty well today, i think i'm really close to a low round ... just have to work a little more on the short game  :wink: Getting more and more comfortable with my new swing, and i think i'm hitting my irons the best i ever have .... so i'm really chuffed about that  8)

7/14 fairways
4/9 up&downs
1/3 sand saves
32 putts

Well played mate  8)
Look out Tez Jarro is hitting some form  :wink:

Lookout for what :smt017

Terry.

Jarro to puff puff duff duff? :idea: :twisted:

Trung
25th September 2005, 11:05 AM
74 off the bat today :D

Pinglauncher
25th September 2005, 05:01 PM
35 points today.

Found 2 bunkers today and both times arrived to find my ball in what looked like an elephants footprint. There should be lessons given on how to properly rake out the sand when finished :evil: :evil:

Both holes resulted in 1 pointers. NOT HAPPY :cry:

Jono
25th September 2005, 05:01 PM
30 points at Bayview. My last game there for a while as I will be a nonplaying member as of October. I'll be working at Gosford for 4 months. 8)

Jono
25th September 2005, 05:03 PM
35 points today.

Found 2 bunkers today and both times arrived to find my ball in what looked like an elephants footprint. There should be lessons given on how to properly rake out the sand when finished  :evil:  :evil:  

Both holes resulted in 1 pointers. NOT HAPPY  :cry:

Hang on. Didn't you and Trung both play at Carnarvon? Howcome one played stroke and the other stableford? :?:

Trung
25th September 2005, 05:12 PM
35 points today.

Found 2 bunkers today and both times arrived to find my ball in what looked like an elephants footprint. There should be lessons given on how to properly rake out the sand when finished  :evil:  :evil:  

Both holes resulted in 1 pointers. NOT HAPPY  :cry:

Hang on.  Didn't you and Trung both play at Carnarvon?  Howcome one played stroke and the other stableford?  :?:

40 points, 74 off the bat :idea: 8) :D

Trung
25th September 2005, 06:56 PM
30 points at Bayview.  My last game there for a while as I will be a nonplaying member as of October.  I'll be working at Gosford for 4 months.   8)

Joining another club? AGU handicap without a club?

Early disqualification for the champs. :twisted:

jaster
25th September 2005, 07:11 PM
Played the 36hole Foursome Champs today as defending champions with my partner from last year, shot 74 (+3) 72 (+1)for 146 total and lost the gross by 1 shot!!! :shock:
Played with the winners and had a great tussle..they shot 8 pars and a bogey the last 9 for +1 and we had 8 pars and a birdie (NTP for me as well ;)) for -1. Needless to say I am very happy, shocked everyone including myself all day as I played like I have never been away and sunk some great clutch putts that really kept us in the game 8)
Then we ended up winning the 36 hole Nett on a countback!!! 8 Cup coffee perculator :P

terryand
25th September 2005, 07:50 PM
Played the 36hole Foursome Champs today as defending champions with my partner from last year, shot 74 (+3) 72 (+1)for 146 total and lost the gross by 1 shot!!!  :shock:
Played with the winners and had a great tussle..they shot 8 pars and a bogey the last 9 for +1 and we had 8 pars and a birdie (NTP for me as well ;)) for -1. Needless to say I am very happy, shocked everyone including myself all day as I played like I have never been away and sunk some great clutch putts that really kept us in the game 8)
Then we ended up winning the 36 hole Nett on a countback!!! 8 Cup coffee perculator  :P

Way to go mate,well done =D>

Bet ya tired now :smt015

Terry.

jimandr
25th September 2005, 08:16 PM
A very disappointing 30 points playing with (and against) Jono at Bayview today.  Just didn't hit the ball well, chip well or putt well.  Jono and I played a hardfought match with me two up with two to play then choking the last two for a square finish.

Fairways = 9 of 13
Greens in Reg = 8 of 18
Putts = 37, two three putts, no birdies
Up and Down = 0 of 6 :cry:
Sand Saves = 1 of 1

jaster
25th September 2005, 08:31 PM
Played the 36hole Foursome Champs today as defending champions with my partner from last year, shot 74 (+3) 72 (+1)for 146 total and lost the gross by 1 shot!!! :shock:
Then we ended up winning the 36 hole Nett on a countback!!! 8 Cup coffee perculator :P

Way to go mate,well done =D>

Bet ya tired now :smt015

Terry.

Ta Tezza :) Had a few cups of coffee so I am a bit wired at the moment :oops:, will hit me hard soon though :lol:

Jono
26th September 2005, 06:02 AM
30 points at Bayview.  My last game there for a while as I will be a nonplaying member as of October.  I'll be working at Gosford for 4 months.   8)

Joining another club? AGU handicap without a club?

Early disqualification for the champs.  :twisted:

The precise title of the membership is called "Absentee Member". I can still play in open days and Bayview will keep my AGU handicap.

Nice try, Mr Prankster. :roll: :lol:

Jono
26th September 2005, 06:14 AM
That's awesome, Jaster. It's fantastic that you can be away from the game for so long and play like that. Look forward to meeting you at the Ozgolf Champs. 8)

oz
26th September 2005, 06:29 AM
Great going jaster. Foursomes can be a bugger of a game, but sounds like you got it sussed. Nice golfing.

jaster
26th September 2005, 06:44 AM
Thanks Guys :oops: Let's just say it was one of the best days I have had on the golf course from an enjoyment point-of-view :smt045

McMw
26th September 2005, 08:18 AM
81 on Friday
79 on Saturday
160 total - cut-off was 163 OCB...24th place...
only Panaga member to make the cut...woohoo... :)

started off with 5 straight pars - then bogey/bogey/par/par finish for a 38 on the front nine yesterday...
48 on the back nine - nuff said... :oops: :oops: :oops:

went OOBs 1 on Friday - 2 on Saturday - 3 on Sunday + water ball...

jaster
26th September 2005, 09:01 AM
lol Mau....well done on the cut...but I'll leave it at that :roll: :lol:

BrisVegas
26th September 2005, 09:09 AM
81 on Friday
79 on Saturday
160 total - cut-off was 163 OCB...24th place...
only Panaga member to make the cut...woohoo... :)

went OOBs 1 on Friday - 2 on Saturday - 3 on Sunday + water ball...

Geez Mau - for a good golfer you sure hit a lot of OOBs and water balls!! :shock: Ever though about maybe ditching the driver to keep it in play? (And no, I'm not being a smart-ar$e, I just noticed that you shoot great scores, but always have an OOB or two.)

McMw
26th September 2005, 09:11 AM
my t shot on the 9th yesterday apparently hit the pin (tho it didn't seem like it from the t box) according to the spotter...

damn....3 cars and a return ticket to sydney was up on offer... :cry: :cry: :cry:

t shot on the first day grazed the lip on hole 1 too...according to the flight in front... :roll: :roll: :roll:

Courty
26th September 2005, 09:15 AM
2 Fairways :shock: (plenty were just in the rough)
8 greens :shock:
31 putts :shock:
80 gross
35 pts

I feel I played much better than the stats suggest. When I missed a fairway, it was only just, and when I missed a green, it was only just. Plenty of birdie opportunities which I just missed also. Only capitalised on one birdie when I hit the 487m par 5 12th in 2 with a 4-iron from the wrong fairway :roll:

Eag's
26th September 2005, 09:30 AM

Nice shooting mate =D>
If you are playing that well now, how good are you going to play when you are 100% fit :shock: :wink:

AndyP
26th September 2005, 09:34 AM
Eag's, did you and Vegas end up playing yesterday?

Eag's
26th September 2005, 09:41 AM

No mate, couldn't get an early tee time anywhere so just bummed around home :(

BrisVegas
26th September 2005, 09:53 AM

No mate, couldn't get an early tee time anywhere so just bummed around home  :(

Eag's had to play early and I had to play late, plus I had no golf clubs....

Ended up just hanging around the house. dusted off the mountain bike and went for a fang. Very quiet weekend.

sominc
26th September 2005, 11:28 AM
PLayed nine holes yesterday arvo, from about a 2-3 week break. Shot 39 off the stick :D Especially good seing as the first 2 holes were warm up holes.

39 shots
13 putts
5/7 fairways
2/2 sand saves