PDA

View Full Version : Greetings all

BrisWesty
18th September 2005, 09:24 PM
Hi all,
Played with some of you in the Nudgee Plate in June. Decided to pop over from another forum. I was looking under ozgolf.com instead of ozgolf.net. Silly me.
Cheers
Mark

Trung
18th September 2005, 09:29 PM
Hi Mark, welcome to the forum.. :D

jaster
18th September 2005, 09:44 PM
Welcome :)

terryand
18th September 2005, 09:51 PM
hey Mark,good to hear from you again,welcome aboard.

Terry.

Jarro
19th September 2005, 06:27 AM
welcome aboard Mark ..... hope to have a round with you sometime soon 8)

Keza_G
19th September 2005, 07:30 AM
G'day Mark,

Hope to hit a hit sometime...

Cheers

Keza

BrisVegas
19th September 2005, 07:34 AM
G'day Westy! Great name. Welcome aboard. Think i met you at the Nudgee Plate, but I'm sure we'll catch up again at another game soon. :)

Eag's
19th September 2005, 08:30 AM
Welcome Westy :wink: cool another Northsider 8)

markTHEblake
19th September 2005, 12:26 PM
Too many Marks, why dont we use nicknames instead?

BrisWesty
19th September 2005, 07:47 PM
Sheesh what a day.

My wife had been up in Hervey Bay at the weekend and was driving back this morning so I had my work car for work.  Nothing untoward about that, work policy is that she is allowed to drive my work car (even without me in it).

Anyway, I get a phone call at 5.50am.  The paraphrase of the call was "Hi, it's me, we've been in an accident in the fog.  We're all OK, but your car is really stuffed.  Oh another car just crashed into it all, oh, and another.  That's about 10 now in the pile up."  

My 3 month old white car was plastered all over the Channel 7 & 9 news.  At least my 3 girls are all OK.  So I've been up to Maryborough Hospital and Hervey Bay today.  600km round trip, because the road was closed for 5 hours (had to detour through Howard)

The towing guy says the car is a write off.  The crumple zones did exactly what they were meant to do.  All doors of the cabin could be opened.

Conditions - They were driving with lights on.  There had been some wispy fog, but the sort of stuff you could see through.  Then they hit smoke and visibility instantly went down to about 2 metres.  So Alaina slowed down, but then saw lights ahead, thought "this is going to hurt" BANG.  (About 5 seconds between entering to impact.)  Airbags deploy, cough cough, get the kids out, go bush and get out of the way so as to avoid any more cars running up the back of the already crashed ones.  

As the smoke/fog lifted, more and more smashed cars and trucks became visible.  19 in total according to the policeman on site, but 16 according to the news report.

Comments from the kids (6 & 4 year old)
Mummy, if you hadn't got us up so early we wouldn't have crashed.
Daddy, your car is really, really, really, really, (x another 5 reallys) broken. (Reminds me of when Dad crashed his early 60s Merc in the early 70s with me in the car and I say to Mum when we get home, "Mummy, 'cedes broken.")
Are you angry about your car, Daddy? No sweetheart, I'm kind of sad about the car, but I'm so much more very, very happy that you are all OK

The girls did very well after their first few minutes of shock.  Loved their ride in the ambulance, getting breakfast at the hospital, getting their pulse taken etc.  They then replayed the crash ad nauseum on the way home (best part of 3 hours) with the teddy bears they were given at the scene.

Alaina is sore, has some bruising across the nose from the airbag (some rash across the abdomen from either seatbelt or airbag), but it will probably get worse over the next two days before it gets better.

So if you happen to see a white late model Lancer with the front absolutely stuffed on the late news, that was mine. Don't buy it!

Jarro
19th September 2005, 08:31 PM
bloody hell mate :shock: terrible news :o

at least the family is OK, and that's the main thing isn't it.

Flowergirl
19th September 2005, 09:11 PM
Oh my god.............wow............so glad to hear that your family is ok. How scary it must have been for them and for you.
A pretty dramatic entrance to the Ozgolf world there BrisWesty!!!!!! We normally just try to get everyones attention by playing a great game or buying new equipment - not by having near death experinces with our loved ones. :wink:

BrisWesty
19th September 2005, 09:20 PM
I'd prefer to have created a buzz by being a golf-ho. :)
Trust me, I'll be most happy to put my wife and this day to bed.
Thanks for the kind wishes.
Mark

McMw
20th September 2005, 12:48 AM
wow...they think of everything don't they....teddy bears stashed away in the ambulance(?)!!! :shock:

Keza_G
20th September 2005, 07:49 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I saw this on the tele at work and thought...Jeezzz... Am I glad to hear that your missus and gals are in good health... Take good care of them now...

Cheers

Keza