PDA

View Full Version : Golf Ball Importance (NEED HELP)

himynameisjake
10th May 2012, 01:42 PM
Howdy all,

I’m currently doing a research project for school on how to improve overall accuracy and distance from the tee. Part of my project requires surveys and advice from sources other than articles so I figured that a forum of passionate golfers would be my best option. If you could please comment in regards to the next few questions it would be greatly appreciated and would help me ALOT!

What golf ball do you use?

Why do you use it?

Is GB selection important to you?

What is your advice for a clean and long drive?

Is there anything you do that separates your technique from 'mainstream' techniques?

(I will not post your username or any contact information in the report)
Thank you, Jake

rubin
10th May 2012, 01:49 PM
mate we have a pretty extensive thread already on Golf balls.

see here: http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/7176-Favourite-Golf-Ball.

Yossarian
10th May 2012, 01:52 PM
He is clearly after something different than that hence the separate thread.

Yossarian
10th May 2012, 01:54 PM
1)What golf ball do you use?

Assorted. Callaway Tour I mostly, Precept U Tri Tour.

2) Why do you use it?

Price mostly, combined with their performance off the tee and around the green.

3) Is GB selection important to you?

Not particularly.

4) What is your advice for a clean and long drive?

Smooth swing.

5) Is there anything you do that separates your technique from 'mainstream' techniques?

It is a lot more rubbish than mainstream.

rubin
10th May 2012, 02:10 PM
given its the guys first post - he may not have been aware. no need for the smartass comments Yoss - again.......

but to answer the guys question:

currently using the Cally tour I(s) or Nike 20XI-X, basically because i've tried heaps, and i seem to be hagving some success with actually keeping these on the correct fairways.

Recently, I have taken ball selection very important after reading and doing my own research on it, before that - not so much.

My tip for long drives - A Long Smooth Backswing and constantly accelerating downswing. Don't swing from the top. (i'm a regulation chopper - but i do manage the odd long one)

Yossarian
10th May 2012, 02:12 PM
given its the guys first post - he may not have been aware. no need for the smartass comments Yoss - again.......

No need to try and police the forum, again.

Captain Nemo
10th May 2012, 02:24 PM
Whatever Premo thats on sale....

Why do you use it?
Because it was on sale?

Yes, i only use Premium balls...

Go at it hard....

Is there anything you do that separates your technique from 'mainstream' techniques?
No

TheTrueReview
10th May 2012, 02:25 PM
He is clearly after something different than that hence the separate thread.

The information for his project handed on a plate ...

HCC
10th May 2012, 03:16 PM
mostly prov1xssss
Why do you use it?
need some spin
not particularly
release the club head, releaseeeeeeeeee
im a chopper...

Dotty
10th May 2012, 05:57 PM
Callaway Diablo Tour
Free, straight-hitting prize
Bang-for-buck is most important in selection
I'm not familiar with the term 'Long Drive'. :)
Often hit every fairway in a round (albeit only 190m from the tee).

catch22
10th May 2012, 06:05 PM
Howdy all,

I’m currently doing a research project for school on how to improve overall accuracy and distance from the tee. Part of my project requires surveys and advice from sources other than articles so I figured that a forum of passionate golfers would be my best option. If you could please comment in regards to the next few questions it would be greatly appreciated and would help me ALOT!

Bridgestone B330-s

Why do you use it?
Spin around the greens, cheaper than prov1x

Yes

Dont let me hit it (or keep your head behind the ball)

I wish my swing was more like a mainstream technique and less like a hacker

(I will not post your username or any contact information in the report)
Thank you, Jake
Good luck with your assignment

mudrat
10th May 2012, 06:18 PM
Srixon zstar

Why do you use it?
on special at powergolf $29 a doz

depends on how i am playing
Tempo

Dunno, never had a lesson

backintheswing
10th May 2012, 06:33 PM
Happy to help Jake. I have kids at school and realise how hard some of the assignments are. Unlike some of the forum police around here.

Penta TP Or Callaway Tour I(z)

Why do you use it?

Price, spin, feel.

Very important for short game spin.

Positive thinking.

34 years of training and practice.

rubin
10th May 2012, 07:26 PM
FWIW - mine was nothing to do with policing.

Theres something like 1700 posts in the thread i linked, and i thought it would be a good place to start. It would take this bloke months to accumulate the same level of info that woyld be in there

Ferrins
10th May 2012, 07:36 PM
What golf ball do you use? Titleist Pro V1

Why do you use it? I played a matchplay format against 32 other balls and it won.

Is GB selection important to you? Yes. If I'm serious about playing for a good score I would use the PRO V1 exclusively.

What is your advice for a clean and long drive? Target

Is there anything you do that separates your technique from 'mainstream' techniques? I have a medical certificate that allows me to tee off from the ladies.

matty
10th May 2012, 09:05 PM

Wilson FG Tour

Why do you use it?

Feel and performance.

Yes.

Picture the flight. Be positive. Grip it and rip it.

Don't think so.

matty
10th May 2012, 09:08 PM
I'm not familiar with the term 'Long Drive'. :)

Dotty, you need to take up bikram yoga and get some flexibility. Put pics up after the first session pls.

Veefore
10th May 2012, 10:00 PM
1)what golf ball do you use?

Precept u tri tour.

2) why do you use it?

price mostly, combined with their performance off the tee and around the green.

3) is gb selection important to you?

Not really. I do prefer some spin around the greens but find most of the premium (and former premium) balls are sufficient.

4) what is your advice for a clean and long drive?

Centre contact with a square club face.

5) is there anything you do that separates your technique from 'mainstream' techniques?

No. I don't follow "fads" and tend to stick to just a few fundamentals. Then when things go wrong I only have a shortlist of things to look at to correct the problem.

dhills2
10th May 2012, 10:17 PM
1)what golf ball do you use?

Srixon Q Star

2) why do you use it?

Got them cheap, waiting for them to run out, then its back to Cally ix or might try the old Pentas.

3) is gb selection important to you?

Not overly important. I'm too cheap to demand too much from a golf ball. Plus my swing gives me more grief than my ball.

4) what is your advice for a clean and long drive?

Hit it off the middle of the clubface, slight draw always helps.

5) is there anything you do that separates your technique from 'mainstream' techniques?

Nope. I try to keep it simple.

himynameisjake
21st May 2012, 11:43 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUER HELP! there is a great amount of information in here and if there was any one else that would like to shed some light on the matter i would be greatful to hear from you!

Thank you again.

PerryGroves
21st May 2012, 12:06 PM
What golf ball do you use? Tileist Pro V1x

Why do you use it? Habit, we also do a group buy from the US whch makes it cheap

Is GB selection important to you? Depends on conditions, hard fast greens and i will use a decent ball. Playing in a bog, happy to use most.

What is your advice for a clean and long drive? Go with the way you are hitting on the day, don't fight your swing

Is there anything you do that separates your technique from 'mainstream' techniques? Probably, but I don't know what it is.

An email to the bloke on this site should help you out. http://visiongolfball.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1.

Good luck.

IanO
21st May 2012, 04:54 PM
What golf ball do you use? Srixon ZStar

Why do you use it? Pro V1 is too expensive

Is GB selection important to you? I use the best quality ball I can (at no more than $30 per dozen)

What is your advice for a clean and long drive? Smooth backswing, accelerate through the ball

Is there anything you do that separates your technique from 'mainstream' techniques? Define mainstream?