PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Baffler DWS - New shaft?

keymaster
10th May 2012, 11:34 AM
Hi all,

Thinking about replacing my Cobra Baffler DWS shaft with something new. Currently it's got the stock Aldila VS Proto (65gm) shaft in it.

I'm thinking something a bit heavier in a reg flex with a nice high launch.

From what I've read, the tip size is a .335, which limits my options.......

Any advice is much appreciated!

Daves
10th May 2012, 11:58 AM
What is wrong with the club/shaft combo as is?, that makes you want to change it? The Cobra DWS also came with a high launch version of the VS Proto (also 65grams). Heavier and high launch might be a challenge.

keymaster
10th May 2012, 01:40 PM
What is wrong with the club/shaft combo as is?, that makes you want to change it? The Cobra DWS also came with a high launch version of the VS Proto (also 65grams). Heavier and high launch might be a challenge.

I'm in the process of changing my driver and fairway wood shafts. Probably going to be 65gm and 75gm respectively. I'm a little worried that if my hybrid(65gm) is lighter than my fairway wood, it could be hard to adjust?

Daves
10th May 2012, 05:02 PM
I'm in the process of changing my driver and fairway wood shafts. Probably going to be 65gm and 75gm respectively. I'm a little worried that if my hybrid(65gm) is lighter than my fairway wood, it could be hard to adjust?

Meh, I would try it first and see how it goes. Personally I would struggle to pick the difference in weight. Flex and kick point are probably more important. My Driver actually has the heaviest shaft in my bag other than my wedges.

TourFit
11th May 2012, 01:12 PM
Hi all,

Thinking about replacing my Cobra Baffler DWS shaft with something new. Currently it's got the stock Aldila VS Proto (65gm) shaft in it.

I'm thinking something a bit heavier in a reg flex with a nice high launch.

From what I've read, the tip size is a .335, which limits my options.......

Any advice is much appreciated!

It IS a .335" hosel, which indeed, kinda limits your choices. You can do THREE things:

1) Bore out the head to .370 (if you can find someone willing to do it and who won't stuff it up!) and then you can use 'standard' type hybrid shafts!

2) Use a .335" wood shaft of wieght & flex of your choice and use the tip trimming of the equivalent weighted wood head. That is, weigh your hybrid head and compare that weight to a FW. Tip trim to the specified FW and then butt trim to the length.

3) Wishon have .335" hybrid shafts that are heavier. S2S White is about 72-75g (trimmed) and the S2S Black is 92-97g (trimmed) depending on what flex you need. Find a clubfitter/proshop that can get you one!