PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing May 7th

popper81
9th May 2012, 05:43 PM
Snuck out for a round in the wednesday comp, when I really should have been studying.... I had a lesson yesterday and was keen to keep the good feelings going for around. In hidsight I shouldn't have bothered. 28 points and my last two wednesdays have been my equal highest scores of the year.
Today's round was strange, hit the ball resonably well but couldn't buy a putt or break... Had 6 lip outs!!! That, along with a couple of penalties strokes and high 70's quickly turn into 86 :oops: .

6/18 GIR
8/14 Fairways
34 Putts with 4 jag on the last :smt087:smt087

Guess I should have studied instead... Hahaha

Steve57
9th May 2012, 07:38 PM
Karma?

timah!
9th May 2012, 07:46 PM
Dude, 4 jag? WTF?

popper81
9th May 2012, 09:14 PM
Karma?

Maybe.... I like it to call it JUJU though

Dude, 4 jag? WTF?

It was a silly 4 jag, I really couldn't apply myself in my comp round.... Played 36 holes today though, jelaous?

timah!
9th May 2012, 09:18 PM
I was at home sick, so yes.

sms316
12th May 2012, 11:50 AM
Played with jdbutler7 at Pelican Waters this morning. I had 36 points off 1 and he had 28 points off 2. Chopper.

popper81
12th May 2012, 02:29 PM
Played in the handicap matchplay today... Had my opponent 7 down after 9, so he went home...

Was 1 over after 9... Played ok, but not great. Got the early mark though, that is all that matters :)

Courty
12th May 2012, 02:35 PM
Solarman, Haysey & I went up to Mareeba this morning in an individual stroke event.

I'm still struggling with my full swing a little bit, but I had some success in narrowing down the issue today. I also corrected some putting issues (28 putts including 2 early 3 stabs). I was most surprised when I added up the card and found I had scored 76. :shock: It felt a hell of a lot worse than that.

Stats here (http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/132-10177876-10178020).

IamViva
12th May 2012, 03:12 PM
2nd round of club champs today. going in with the lead after 1st round (B grade) i finished 1 over off the stick, too bad i only completed 1 hole! my back is shagged and looks like a lengthy spell on the sidelines, aiming my return for the 1st of september, 16 weeks of physio and strengthening ahead of me, joy!

popper81
12th May 2012, 03:20 PM
2nd round of club champs today. going in with the lead after 1st round (B grade) i finished 1 over off the stick, too bad i only completed 1 hole! my back is shagged and looks like a lengthy spell on the sidelines, aiming my return for the 1st of september, 16 weeks of physio and strengthening ahead of me, joy! Bad luck mate.... Can't mess around with your back though. Hope it comes good quicker than expected.

timah!
12th May 2012, 05:04 PM
Played in the handicap matchplay today... Had my opponent 7 down after 9, so he went home...

Was 1 over after 9... Played ok, but not great. Got the early mark though, that is all that matters :)

Well done Pops!

2nd round of club champs today. going in with the lead after 1st round (B grade) i finished 1 over off the stick, too bad i only completed 1 hole! my back is shagged and looks like a lengthy spell on the sidelines, aiming my return for the 1st of september, 16 weeks of physio and strengthening ahead of me, joy!

Bugger. Definitely need to look after yourself!

I had a pretty decent round. Didn't play the foursomes today and instead played in the stableford.
39 points from the Blue markers, with 2 wipes and a 1 pointer. Putted woefully.
Overall though, was pretty happy with the round given I've been feeling very average through the week with a cold.

Will see me down to 14 (13.9). Next round will be Nudgee plate.

Talart
12th May 2012, 05:52 PM
Handicap Championship Matchplay this morning, had to give opponent 8 strokes and won 3 up with 1 to play after the 17th hole. Lack of experience o fthe opponent helped get me over the line. Final stroke tally was an 84 gross with 32 putts. Next round will be the Quarter Finals to be played on or before the 20th of May.

Will front up tomorrow for the Club Competition a Par round to keep the form on song. The coaching session this week paid dividends with accuracy off the tee and fairway. Need to tune the chipping up some more in competition too many stop short of the hole and not roll on as they do in practice.

Dcanto
12th May 2012, 06:37 PM
Solarman, Haysey & I went up to Mareeba this morning in an individual stroke event.I'm still struggling with my full swing a little bit, but I had some success in narrowing down the issue today. I also corrected some putting issues (28 putts including 2 early 3 stabs). I was most surprised when I added up the card and found I had scored 76. :shock: It felt a hell of a lot worse than that. Stats here (http://golfshot.com/rounds/detail/132-10177876-10178020). Well done Courty.

Ronny
12th May 2012, 07:37 PM
First round of club champs. 92 gross for a nett 77. Had a good first nine until I got to the 10th and had a shameful 9 on a par 3( the less said of that hole the better!). Kind of killed the round from there.

Leader is on 81 gross so lots of catching up to do! I dare say already out of it so top 8 for matchplay is the aim for the next three weeks!

Yossarian
12th May 2012, 08:46 PM
Lots.

PeteyD
12th May 2012, 08:59 PM
Got smashed by Shavey in match play today, to see him leapfrog me and 69er to go into first in Group 1. Got sick of saying nice par after 8 in a row ...

popper81
12th May 2012, 09:02 PM
Got smashed by Shavey in match play today, to see him leapfrog me and 69er to go into first in Group 1. Got sick of saying nice par after 8 in a row ...

Don't feel too bad Petey... Dicky and Shavey are both pretty handy golfers for their handicaps.. Shavey has the short game of someone that plays alot more.!!!!!

yarn
12th May 2012, 09:02 PM
Penthouse to the Shithouse for me. After taking the MM with a 73 last week, managed to smash 23 points in stableford today. WTF. I didn't think I was THAT bad.

PeteyD
12th May 2012, 10:02 PM
Don't feel too bad Petey... Dicky and Shavey are both pretty handy golfers for their handicaps.. Shavey has the short game of someone that plays alot more.!!!!!

You should of seen his driving today. Big high draws around 240/50. Missed a couple but some of them were great to see. I had no chance.

popper81
12th May 2012, 10:11 PM
You should of seen his driving today. Big high draws around 240/50. Missed a couple but some of them were great to see. I had no chance.

He smashed me... I was 5 down with 6 to play from memory. Got to the 17th, but only just.

Oxy
13th May 2012, 11:36 AM
Merewether Golf Club (Newcastle) - Presidents Trophy - Stableford

39 points....finally starting to feel comfortable at my new course.

It's only taken 19 rounds since arriving in Dec.

HCP to 17

Looking forward to seeing old friends at the champs 2012.

djw91
14th May 2012, 06:11 PM
Had a round at one of my local courses mid week. Managed to shoot my best score to date which was an 89. It felt like I was playing poorly all day though, especially with a 10 on the first hole... (par 5). Hoping to be able to cut more strokes off my game over the year. Have only been playing regularly for about 4-5 months now, so fairly happy how I am tracking.

Ermington_Lad
15th May 2012, 02:25 PM
Played Liverpool Comp yesterday and had 41pts and won the individual. First time I broke handicap in 3 months. WooHooo. Had 1 wipe and 1 x 1 pointer.

Collis
15th May 2012, 10:34 PM
Shot 77 on the weekend, par 64 enough to win b grade on count back. Was happy considering I hit my irons terrible.
Dropped my handicap the last month or so from 19 to 14. I now notice my bad shots alot more now.

Ermington_Lad
16th May 2012, 08:46 AM
Dropped my handicap the last month or so from 19 to 14.

How the hell did you acheive that???

Collis
16th May 2012, 09:26 AM
Just started seeing results of my golf lessons, after 2 years things are starting to work. I pretty much changed everything. Had 9 months of shooting well over my handicap. Last 6 months I'd been playing ok and having 2-4 bad holes a game.