PDA

View Full Version : Light shafts simply do not work for me

Pinglauncher
9th May 2012, 01:47 PM
Against what probably should be good for me to assist with injury and ever decreasing swing speed etc I just cannot work with the lighter and longer shaft setups of today.

Every time I have tried light clubs they have not lasted as my swing is too short and erratic which gets worse further into a round of golf. No longer being able to practice on the range and limited course time seems to have made it even worse. About 6 months ago based on a club fitters recommendation I had my G10 12* head shafted with a Matrix Radix 4 shaft ( 47 grams ) and playing at 45.25" The thought was that the higher loft and softer lighter shaft would enable me to swing slower and smoother and still get good yardage without causing further back problems.

Terrible results occurred with my swing or should I say flailing being even worse. High spinny and short drives were the result and tried it against a Razr X Black 4 wood yesterday with the fairway wood being consistently longer and certainly more accurate. G10 failure off to Ebay as soon as pics are taken :(

I am sure it is LOFT related but has anyone else discovered the same thing.

Captain Nemo
9th May 2012, 02:08 PM
Get a Nunchuck, feel the love.....:smt060

3oneday
9th May 2012, 05:38 PM
910 12 degree.

virge666
9th May 2012, 06:32 PM
SuperTri and Accra.

TheNuclearOne
9th May 2012, 06:49 PM
What shaft (and specs) is in your 4 wood?

JADO75
9th May 2012, 07:58 PM
Rbz fairway, BOOM!

Pinglauncher
9th May 2012, 08:06 PM
SuperTri and Accra.

The G10 was pre Supertri / Accra ;)

No more light driver, fairway, hybrid or irons for me.

dave1
9th May 2012, 11:51 PM
SuperTri and Accra. Love my accra xc65 M4 I got from virge666..It works :-)....I can give it a rip or I can back off to shape one and it plays the same....Its the only driver shaft that I have used that works with different swing speeds...Its playing 44 1/4 inches. I know some people dont rate tourqe in shafts. All I know is low tourqe shafts work for me.....Pinglauncher sold me his Adams speedline 17.5 4 wood with a light matrix hd reg. Its 55 grams.....It works for me - I find shot shaping easier with lighter shafts.