PDA

View Full Version : D.I.Y. Putter

3oneday
18th September 2005, 06:41 AM
Check these out My Next Putter ?? (http://www.slightergolf.com/), putters made from scratch and by hand, they are:

handed painted
hand stamped
with your name and initials
wide choice of grips
what ever weight/length you want
you can ask for the lines to be smoother/sharper whatever you like really.....

They are $325+ USD . A lot of cash but interesting all the same.

Pete

kwantfm
18th September 2005, 09:28 AM
The custom Tacoma made for Mitch Highman (unfortunate surname) is stunning. The floating face sounds very interesting.

3oneday
18th September 2005, 12:31 PM
The floating face sounds very interesting.T, this is something incorporated in the Cally Itrax, I think it is just simply a split in the sole.

Not really sure of the benefit though, I would have thought it provides a softer feel ? Didn't the old Ping style PGF putter have a slit in the sole ??

Pete

marcel
18th September 2005, 01:28 PM

Pete

Isn't that going to rather limit your ebay audience when you sell it after a few weeks

3oneday
18th September 2005, 03:00 PM

Pete

Isn't that going to rather limit your ebay audience when you sell it after a few weeksyou can send it back and get those removed.... smarty :P :P u think I didn't think of that ???

Anyway, it's like Tour equipment now isn't it. It'd be made for me so it probably wouldn't suit anyone else (particularly not a lefty :P ).

:lol: :lol:

goughy
18th September 2005, 06:51 PM
I'm probably wrong but I though another ozgolfer was looking at, or had one ordered. Can't think who it was, but I might have seen it on another forum.

gazgolf1
18th September 2005, 07:13 PM
ok Fishy,MTB, go for it. :lol:

freddy a
19th September 2005, 12:48 PM
Yeah that was me goughy I got the quote for the model name Kent the full blade version I wanted a sound slot cut on the bottom and black finish, They quoted me $470USD. I have just sent them another email with regards to it because I wanted the topline narrower and move most of the weight to the back flange to make it wider. I wanted it more like a Scotty Cameron Napa Blade style. I have a feeling if they can do my request it's gonna bump the price to over $500USD.
Maybe if more of you guys are intrested in purchasing one we can try to get a bulk order happening therefore hopefully they can discount the price for us.

3oneday
19th September 2005, 01:06 PM
Maybe if more of you guys are intrested in purchasing one we can try to get a bulk order happening therefore hopefully they can discount the price for us.I think it'll only be shipping he discounts. I have been quoted on the Tacoma and the Olympia.

Around $330 to $440 USD (depending on bits and pieces), a damn big commitment.....

Then again, some here would spend that on a driver and not blink... Just what is the price of perfection :? :lol: :lol:

Pete

goughy
19th September 2005, 06:37 PM
It is the club you use most during a round. When my wife went with me to buy a putter a few years ago she watched while I went through model after model after model. In the end she told me which one I putted best with and told me to buy it. It was the dearsest one of course but for some strange reason it didn't concern her (gotta love her eh!).

If you get 10 or 20 years out of the investment then it is a great investment.

marcel
19th September 2005, 07:52 PM
If you get 10 or 20 years out of the investment then it is a great investment.

Did you see who started this topic, 10-20 weeks maybe.

Pete,

I've found an interested buyer with your initials