PDA

View Full Version : What's going on !!!

sominc
15th September 2005, 09:06 PM
I just bought a mountain bike and have started to really enjoy riding, this is all good except for one major problem. I havnt thought about golf for at least 2 weeks :shock: This is a first for a person who practices 4 days a week and lives sleeps and dreams golf.

Just wondering if any of you guys or gals have ever lost intrest in golf. I hope it goes away soon because its really bothering me :cry:

Jarro
15th September 2005, 09:10 PM
you need help mate :roll:

sominc
15th September 2005, 09:16 PM
i know :evil:

markTHEblake
15th September 2005, 09:51 PM
Just wondering if any of you guys or gals have ever lost intrest in golf.

usually before after and during my most recent round.

sominc
15th September 2005, 10:08 PM
HAHA too true. Maybe its a blessing, mtbing is good for my heart, golf causes heart attacks :D

Eag's
15th September 2005, 10:27 PM
I just bought a mountain bike and have started to really enjoy riding, this is all good except for one major problem. I havnt thought about golf for at least 2 weeks :shock: This is a first for a person who practices 4 days a week and lives sleeps and dreams golf.

Just wondering if any of you guys or gals have ever lost intrest in golf. I hope it goes away soon because its really bothering me :cry:

I was a complete golfing nut between the age of 18-23, practised all the time played at least 4 times a week and constantly thought about the game.
Then almost overnight, I lost interest completely :( no idea why, but it just wasn't fun anymore.

I didn't touch a club for 7 years :shock: :oops: then not long after I turned 30, I played a social round with a mate and got bitten by the bug again :wink:

Hopefully for you sominc you don't go down the same path as me. You may just need a break away from the game for a little while, could do you the world of good. :wink:

AndyP
16th September 2005, 07:44 AM
I find if I take a few weeks off, the hunger will come back. Sometimes you can just overdo it a bit.

Maybe its a blessing, mtbing is good for my heart, golf causes heart attacks
I'm not sure that I want to know what mark the blaking is. :shock: :roll:

amanda
16th September 2005, 08:44 AM
I've played maybe once a month since July - no car = can't get to golf :cry:

But strangely I'm not feeling huge withdrawls - I've recently discovered how much I like RPGs on the PS2.

3oneday
16th September 2005, 08:44 AM
I find if I take a few weeks off, the hunger will come back.  Sometimes you can just overdo it a bit.

Maybe its a blessing, mtbing is good for my heart, golf causes heart attacks
I'm not sure that I want to know what mark the blaking is.  :shock:  :roll:mountain biking you toss !!! although I must admit I thought the same firstly, can't imagine what that would involve !!!!!!!!!

Can someone please do something about WHANTS ........... it's driving me mad.....

:roll:  :lol:  :lol:

AndyP
16th September 2005, 08:48 AM
I'm not sure that I want to know what mark the blaking is. :shock: :roll:mountain biking you toss !!!
Thanks Pete. Never would have figured it out without you. =D>

Can someone please do something about WHANTS ........... it's driving me mad.....
I added an apostrophe, just in case the lack of one was bothering you too.

3oneday
16th September 2005, 09:06 AM
I added an apostrophe, just in case the lack of one was bothering you too.appreciated.....

:oops: :wink:

BrisVegas
16th September 2005, 09:17 AM
I just bought a mountain bike and have started to really enjoy riding, this is all good except for one major problem. I havnt thought about golf for at least  2 weeks :shock:  

Easy! find a course with a MTB trail nearby.

fyi - there's a decent trail through the forest around brookwater. :wink: Interestingly, I got into MTB'ing a few years ago as i thought it was something we could do together. Trouble is, I wanted to ride the scary, tricky single-track stuff.... not the best idea for relaxing, QT with the missus! Hardly ride now, as the expanding waistline shows. Stick with the riding, it's good for your health. You'll be back to golf, you're too good at it to stay away. 8)

3oneday
16th September 2005, 10:04 AM
Maybe you should start a thread about MTBing, if nothing else it should be good for a laugh :wink: . I am sure there are lots of variations :roll: :shock:

markTHEblake
16th September 2005, 10:29 AM
I suddenly have this feeling like a duck gets during duck season. :shock:

Trung
16th September 2005, 11:00 AM
it's MTB season all year round mate.. :twisted:

sominc
16th September 2005, 01:59 PM
Yeah, definately MOUNTAIN BIKING. I really dont think it would be buch fun riding MTB :shock: :shock: :shock:

Vegas, have been riding plenty of single track around my area. Its awesome, have a few cuts and bruises though :d

amanda
16th September 2005, 04:20 PM
I wish we had decent single track nearby - got to ride a good 30-40 minutes to get to a decent spot - and it's hilly on the way there :?

Cuts and bruises don't sound to bad - Brad once managed to put his bike 15m up a tree (ran off the track and off a cliff into the tree) - the bike was in bad shape :lol:

Grunt
16th September 2005, 07:59 PM
Maybe we should organise an Ozgolf MTB day!! I have not had a good ride for quite a while. Maybe the firetrail up in the blue mountains.
I am also considering entering next years NSW big Ride. I did it a few years ago 600+km in 6 days Canowindra to Bega that time. A great time was had :lol: I even made the TV coverage, it was in the pub in the rest day :roll:

jaster
16th September 2005, 08:35 PM
Watch the bit with Scott McCarron :)

http://www.pgatour.com/practicetee/enjoy

sominc
16th September 2005, 08:53 PM
Hahaha ozgolf MTB day. Sounds odd, but im interested if anyone else is

Jarro
17th September 2005, 05:21 AM
what about an Ozgolf MTB bashing day :?

sounds like more fun to me 8)

.... oh, you guys were talking about the bike thingy again weren't you :wink:

Andrew
17th September 2005, 08:20 AM
If we have an ozgolf mountain bike day, can we have an ozbike mountain golf day afterward.

Flowergirl
17th September 2005, 09:56 AM
This will be one event that I will NOT be attending. Mountain biking bah!!!!!! :evil: ( just because they don't make bike seats big enough :shock: - but I won't admit that will I!!)
Nup - sticking to golf, drinking and jiggy jiggy - do you think I should have been born a bloke :shock: Bit of a worry really-------mmmmm---might have to think about this a bit more --------ahhhh--- I'm thinking------phew--I AM a chick!!!!!!!!!! :D

jaster
17th September 2005, 10:34 AM
:roll: :-#

markTHEblake
17th September 2005, 12:41 PM
what about an Ozgolf MTB bashing day :?

you needed a special day for that ? :roll:

Jarro
17th September 2005, 07:27 PM
This will be one event that I will NOT be attending. Mountain biking bah!!!!!! :evil:  ( just because they don't make bike seats big enough  :shock: - but I won't admit that will I!!)

.. just throw some vaso in there somewhere Reenie, it works wonders :wink:

jaster
17th September 2005, 07:45 PM
This will be one event that I will NOT be attending. Mountain biking bah!!!!!! :evil: ( just because they don't make bike seats big enough :shock: - but I won't admit that will I!!)

.. just throw some vaso in there somewhere Reenie, it works wonders :wink:

:smt042 :smt043 :smt044 :smt037

Flowergirl
19th September 2005, 09:17 PM
You have to be very careful with vaseline Jarro. Did you hear about the gay couple who got the vaseline mixed up with the putty???? All the windows in their house fell out :smt005 :smt042 :smt043 :smt042
Well I thought it was funny ( when I first heard it 35 years ago) :shock: