PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing September 12th

Flowergirl
15th September 2005, 09:37 AM
What's happening here!!! It's Thursday and I'm the first to start and post on this thread!! Come on guys - I for one like reading about everyone's game reports.
Played stableford yesterday. 32 points - and considering how poorly I have been playing lately - I wasn't too unhappy with that. Drove well, iron play was good, short game very good - poor fairway woods ( why did I keep trying them!!!) and average putting.
Finally the wether down here is improving so I will be able to get out for a bit more practise. Only got just over 3 months to get this handicap down. Have been off 20 for over a year now. :shock:

freddy a
15th September 2005, 11:58 AM
Well following from my 41 points last week I came in with 34 on wednesday. My driving and iron play was great no complaints there. When I wanted to rip my driver I did. My stinger 5iron came back I'm finally starting to hit this shot well again as it's my saftery shot on tight par 4's. My only complaints was with my chipping and putting I seemed to rush my putts and didnt feel comfortable on address for some reason. I also had slight problems with my chipping with distance control, I guess me arriving late had alot to do with is as I didn't practise these 2 part of my game before tee off.
Put money on me for our club champs next week as I feel confident winning nett for the 4 rounds in A grade. I'm peaking at the right time. I guess the once a week driving range session is finally paying off.

Grunt
15th September 2005, 07:38 PM
Had a 4BBB today@ Camden 34 points was a tough slog played ok could have been better.

Grunt
16th September 2005, 07:03 PM
Well played Mac Grange this morning with Andrew, game was not on from the start, good in patches but mainly very bad. Company was great just could not seem to get it right. Finished with a solid 23 points, AndyP your record was in reach for a while there :wink:

Next game will more than likely be the Holden Scramble next Friday unless I get out next Thursday. Hopefully it will be better then.

Grunt
16th September 2005, 07:08 PM
Is it just me or does it seem to be a week of bad scores for ozgolfer's? Hope you all shoot better scores tomorrow. :?

Courty
16th September 2005, 09:28 PM
Played a social round today with a couple of Junior Ho's from my club. I shot 37 (+2) around the front 9, but faded badly on the back for a 46 (+9). Still, 83 is the best round I have had since coming back from overseas... If only I could get rid of the low hook with the longer clubs, I'd be sweet  :roll:

Pinglauncher
17th September 2005, 05:26 PM
Very sloppy 33 points today in a howling gale.

It was a Father and Son event and Nathan and I turned with 39 points (aggregate) and we were both hitting the ball pretty well.

The wind I am afraid caught up with both of us and we limped in the last 5 holes, me with 5 points and Nathan with 7 to kill off any chance we may have had. :evil:

Anyway tomorrow he has another match play trial getting ready for the Encourage Shield so I am looking forward to walking around with our FUTURE STARS :)

Trung
17th September 2005, 05:45 PM
to kill off any chance we may have had.  :evil:

Ping,

my mate and I turned 41 points and with another 41 points coming home. :twisted:

:smt109 \:D/ :smt023

Pinglauncher
17th September 2005, 06:44 PM

Ping,

my mate and I turned 41 points and with another 41 points coming home.   :twisted:

:smt109  \:D/  :smt023

82 was good going. Did you get much of the wind this morning. ???

Bruce
17th September 2005, 07:32 PM
Oh man what a day.

Semi-Final of the 4BBB matchplay haing finished as the top qualified pair. The rules of the event were that it had to be played today and so out we went, but if it weren't for the event there is no way in hell we would have gone out there. Windy as ****, rain, cold, it was just atrocious. Couldn't even put up the brolly on the back 9 it was so windy.

It was also a single par day. Scrapped around for -5 on a day where 2 players ended up square or better. Is it possible for almost the entire field to go back .1?

Nevertheless, with a well sunk par on 15 by moi, we came up with the win 5/3. :D :D

I never want to play in conditions like that again. That sucked.

McMw
17th September 2005, 08:18 PM
played 9 yesterday as prep for this afternoon's 2nd round match play club champs...
shot 37...but was really unlucky to shoot that score...could/should have been 3 shots better... :roll:

-----------

so...2nd round Club Champs this afternoon...
had a 6 footer on the 13th to win it 6/5, but missed...so dormie 5...5/4 after the 14th...

game wasn't as sharp as the first round, but it was really blowing today, and wasn't feeling too well... :(

anyway - into the semis...tat's gonna be a tough one if the fave of that match wins it...

terryand
17th September 2005, 09:09 PM
How much fun was it in the wind today 8) after 4 straight pars,I was thinking how easy is this,then lost 5 balls in 4 holes and with a couple of 3 jigs had 1 point for those holes :oops:

Manages to play the last 7 holes 3 over with all 3 bogies coming from 3 jigs again :oops:

Even though I only had 26 points :? it was the best 26( with 9 in the first 4 holes) I ever had.

Guess I'm just lucky I can use one driver in all wind conditions 8)

Terry.

jaster
17th September 2005, 09:10 PM
Well played Bruce and Mau :smt038 :smt023

jaster
17th September 2005, 09:12 PM
How much fun was it in the wind today 8) after 4 straight pars,I was thinking how easy is this,then lost 5 balls in 4 holes and with a couple of 3 jigs had 1 point for those holes :oops:

:shock: Sounds like a tough stretch, gutted it out well though mate 8)

Guess I'm just lucky I can use one driver in all wind conditions 8)

:lol:

Trung
17th September 2005, 09:17 PM

Ping,

my mate and I turned 41 points and with another 41 points coming home.   :twisted:

Just got back from dinner at the club...

It was good for 9 holes and then windy for the last 9s.

Mate won B grade, I won A grade. We won the team event  :D

terryand
17th September 2005, 09:18 PM

Ping,

Just got back from dinner at the club...

It was good for 9 holes and then windy for the last 9s.

Mate won B grade, I won A grade. We won the team event  :D

Way to Trungie =D>

Terry.

Pinglauncher
17th September 2005, 09:25 PM
Trung

Congrats to you both. Well played.

:smt038 :smt038 :smt038

Trung
17th September 2005, 09:33 PM
thanks boys :smt030

had plenty of :smt030 :smt030 tonight...

Pinglauncher
18th September 2005, 07:05 AM
Just checked out the paper and was surprised to see Nathan and I won the Father & Son Trophy yesterday WOO HOO

:) :) :)

Courty
18th September 2005, 07:06 AM
\:D/ Yahoo! \:D/

For the first time in months (since before I went away), I beat my handicap! And it was the first time I hit my new (less-forgiving) clubs well. It was individual stableford at Cairns GC. I had 20 pts (+2) on the front with 1 bird & 3 bogies (2 of them were missed 4-footers :x) Then on the back, I parred the first 5 holes straight, then leaked 4 shots in 4 holes (bogey, bogey, par, double) to score 17 pts (+4) and finish with 37 pts (78 gross). Hit a couple of monster drives downwind, and hit some sweet irons too. It's about time, as I was getting concerned for a while that I wasn't capable of hitting the musclebacks, but I just needed time to find my swing again. :? It's been a real grind lately, so, for the first time for what feels like a very long time, I am excited about my golf again. :smt026 :smt038

Trung
18th September 2005, 07:49 AM
Just checked out the paper and was surprised to see Nathan and I won the Father & Son Trophy yesterday WOO HOO

:)  :)  :)

Well done mate, I was just about to post about your F&S victory... :D

Fishman Dan
18th September 2005, 09:45 AM
27 points.

No wipes was a bonus. Finished with 7 straight 1-pointers. Had annoying partners (a father-son combo) who lacked certain graces, that gave myself and partner the $hits on a windy day.

I guess after so many 1 pointers you could say I was 1 shot off a good round. 9 times :roll:

jaster
18th September 2005, 07:00 PM
29 points, 8 fairways, 8 greens, 35 putts!!! :cry: First registered HCP game for 10 months...it's good to be back 8)

McMw
18th September 2005, 08:05 PM
GODDAMNIT!!! :roll:
another 2nd placing this year... :evil: :evil: :evil:

wat's worse??? 3 penalties in the round, or missing a 2footer par putt and a 3footer birdie putt in the 75... :x :x :x

jaster
18th September 2005, 08:14 PM
Bad luck Mau :( 3 penalties are easy to stomach than the 2 short misses IMO :( Nerves?

McMw
18th September 2005, 08:33 PM
don't think it was nerves...just not careful....
probably overread the short putts or whothefrig knows wat it is... :?

2 shots less, and I would have won...1 shot less, and I might have had it OCB...

BrisWesty
18th September 2005, 10:02 PM
Didn't handle the breeze well at all. 95 nett 81. Out to 15 hcp.

Oh well club champs next week. See how it all goes.

BrisVegas
19th September 2005, 06:58 AM
City GC pro-am yesterday. Too cold, too early, too little sleep. There - that's the excuses out of the way. :lol:

27 points with 5 washes.
7 fairways
4 GIR
35 putts

Scary thing is that I played this last year and had 38 points.... $hit happens. :roll:

AndyP
19th September 2005, 03:04 PM
18/09/05, City GC Pro-am, Stableford

Drop-kick hooking drives, big hook 3W and rescue shots, terrible bunker play and strayed or fat iron shots. Pretty nasty stuff. Never felt right standing over the ball.
However, the chipping was OK, and the putts seem to be rolling nicely. The ball just wouldn't drop in the hole.

6/15 effective T-shots.
3/18 effective approaches.
34 putts.
----------
3 three-pointers.
6 two-pointers.
5 one-pointers.
4 wipes.

Score 13-13-26 points.