PDA

View Full Version : Infraction System FAQ

AndyP
18th April 2012, 09:16 AM
There are obviously some questions about the new infraction system, so here is a sticky to answer some of them.

Why have the rules changed?
There hasn't been much change to the rules. They have been clarified and an infraction system introduced to help moderate to them.

Why has the infraction system been introduced?
We had the rules in place before, but the forum wasn't being moderated to them as much as it should have been. The infraction system allows the moderators to apply the rules consistently, as well as providing clear definitions of the consequences of breaking rules.

How do I know if I get an infraction?
When an infraction is given, you will receive a PM notifying you and the points received. If it has resulted in suspension or banning, a message will appear when you log in.

What does it mean when I get an infraction?
There are varying levels of infractions. Getting an infraction does not necessarily mean that your posting privileges have been changed or you have been banned; it can be viewed as a warning and reminder of the forum rules, particularly those that incur zero or one point.
To date there have been several infractions given with zero points, as a reminder of the rules; it is nothing more serious than that. A second infraction of the same rule is very likely to receive points though, and if done intentionally to ignore a moderator's request then rule 8 (moderator disrespect) applies.
The points and expiry dates are detailed in the rules thread, as well as the total points that would lead to a suspension or banning.

Can I check my current infraction points tally?
Yes. Your infractions are shown in your user control panel, http://www.ozgolf.net/usercp.php.

Can I see how many points someone else has got?
No, only moderators can view all infractions, not that the software allows it anyway.

How do I know if the system is being applied consistently to all users?
When an infraction report is made, a thread is created in the admin area, allowing all moderators to review the decision. Infractions and reports are discussed by moderators.

Can I appeal an infraction?
On discussion with a moderator an infraction can be reversed or points reduced.

Complaints should go to the forum moderators, not the forum. Any complaints about members on the forum, or about any issues in regards to the forum, should go to the forum moderators first and foremost. The moderators can and will at their discretion take appropriate action to resolve the situation.If banned, you can send an email to the forum instead. Posting your complaint in the forum is in breach of Rule 8 (Moderator Disrespect).

Why can't I post my complaints publicly?
Moderators give their time freely to manage the forum. It would be very hard to have anyone become a moderator if they were criticised constantly on the forum for every decision they made. Please respect them, and discuss your issues with them or another moderator privately.

AndyP
18th May 2012, 08:23 AM
If you have questions about the moderating, send a PM to a moderator.
If you want to whinge about the moderating on a public forum, find another one to do it on.