PDA

View Full Version : Question Infraction system?

markTHEblake
18th April 2012, 08:20 AM
Thanks for taking the time to set up the new system. I think the greatest benefit is that it will take most of the subjectivity out of the moderators role, and that makes it fair for everyone.
How does someone know if they score points?
Can we check our current score?
Can we see how many points someone else has got so I can poke them with a stick to help them over the line?

sms316
18th April 2012, 08:21 AM
I think that every infraction should be made public. How else can everyone know if the system is being applied consistently?

jaybam
18th April 2012, 08:22 AM
I think that every infraction should be made public. How else can everyone know if the system is being applied consistently? Like

Marto65
18th April 2012, 08:25 AM
Can we get a "Greatest Infractions" thread ... and an award at the champs?

jaybam
18th April 2012, 08:26 AM
Problem is noone would know because they would be banned and wouldn't show up lol

goughy
18th April 2012, 08:32 AM
I'm sure if you receive and infraction you will know about it. It was brought in to help us with consistency. I'm sure there is a way to check your current score, but don't ask me about how technical stuff works. I don't understand the back end of forum stuff.

Don't make a mess of this thread guys please. I'll just remove it.

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2012, 09:23 AM
There should also be infractions for unnecessarily reported posts that waste moderators time.

markTHEblake
18th April 2012, 09:30 AM
There is JC.

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2012, 09:36 AM
Excellent.

goughy
18th April 2012, 09:48 AM
There should also be infractions for unnecessarily reported posts that waste moderators time.

Absolutely in place. And there have been plenty of reported posts over the years we have not enacted upon. Just because it's reported doesn't mean it deserves moderation. Sometimes it's obvious, sometimes we've had a discussion about a reported post before moderating or not.

goughy
18th April 2012, 10:10 AM
Yes, but they will have to collect them wearing just their underwear!

AndyP
18th April 2012, 10:21 AM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/28446-Infraction-System-FAQ

markTHEblake
18th April 2012, 10:28 AM
Goughy should be banned for putting a picture in my head just now.

goughy
18th April 2012, 10:37 AM
Is that psychic gif friday?

markTHEblake
18th April 2012, 11:58 AM
No just beer guts and g strings

Shadesy
18th April 2012, 12:23 PM

I've Reported this Post!

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2012, 12:33 PM
I've Reported this Post!Thanks Shazsey.

Yossarian
30th April 2012, 11:09 AM
Why was the thread in the 19th hole locked?

Jarro
30th April 2012, 11:13 AM
Why was the thread in the 19th hole locked?

Because the moderators felt the thread had run it's course.

Can you let JC know too please

Yossarian
30th April 2012, 11:17 AM
So will you be locking all threads that have run their course?

Or only threads that discuss the moderation/infraction system.

Please note this is a serious inquiry.

AndyP
30th April 2012, 11:22 AM
Individual infractions and the implied complaints about them were being posted, so it got locked. jarro was saving people from themselves; he should be thanked.

Yossarian
30th April 2012, 11:27 AM
Fair enough.

Maybe he should have said that instead of off topic posting?

shazza_rs
30th April 2012, 11:28 AM
Thanks Shazsey.

Nice!

AndyP
30th April 2012, 11:29 AM
Well done on fixing "there", Yoss.

Yossarian
30th April 2012, 11:30 AM
Well done on fixing "there", Yoss.

Haha, it is still early...

Johnny Canuck
30th April 2012, 11:31 AM
Fair enough. Maybe he should have said that instead of off topic posting? Thanks Yoss. Yoss for mod! Fantastic communication skills.Shaz, I am so glad you saw that. I know it went straight over Shadesy's big head.

Shadesy
30th April 2012, 12:23 PM
Thanks Yoss. Yoss for mod! Fantastic communication skills.Shaz, I am so glad you saw that. I know it went straight over Shadesy's big head.

I got it it was just shit!

TourFit
30th April 2012, 12:58 PM
There should be an OzGolf 'swear jar' (along with the infarction system ;))

Shadesy, that's one point & $2!

Shadesy
30th April 2012, 01:54 PM
There should be an OzGolf 'swear jar' (along with the in - farc - tion system ;))

Shadesy, that's one point & $2!

Thanks for the contribution....Workarounds count!

Captain Nemo
1st May 2012, 02:10 PM
How do you view your points?

Jarro
1st May 2012, 02:17 PM
How do you view your points?

In your profile

Captain Nemo
1st May 2012, 02:19 PM
In your profile

Where abouts, is there a tab or something....

Jarro
1st May 2012, 02:43 PM
Where abouts, is there a tab or something....

There is an infraction tab.

I'm not sure if you're able to see it or not though ??

Captain Nemo
1st May 2012, 02:48 PM
I prob dont have any points yet.....\\:D/

Jarro
1st May 2012, 02:56 PM
No, you don't have any points yet ....

... unlike certain others :roll:

AndyP
1st May 2012, 02:58 PM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/28446-Infraction-System-FAQ

Webster
1st May 2012, 03:03 PM
Do you incur any infraction points if you advise others publicly in the forum as to how many infraction points you have?

Captain Nemo
1st May 2012, 03:04 PM
Read it Andy, clicked the link, but nothing?
Did you set up a tab on the left hand side of everyones profile page?

AndyP
1st May 2012, 03:08 PM
Do you incur any infraction points if you advise others publicly in the forum as to how many infraction points you have?No, but we wouldn't want to see it turn into a pissing contest, like it was in another thread.

Read it Andy, clicked the link, but nothing?
Did you set up a tab on the left hand side of everyones profile page?In that case, I would assume that the tab is only created if you have infraction points. You are notified in the first place anyway.

Captain Nemo
1st May 2012, 03:25 PM
:smt023

sms316
1st May 2012, 03:30 PM
Do you incur any infraction points if you advise others publicly in the forum as to how many infraction points you have? Not being able behave is nothing to be proud of Jack.

Yossarian
1st May 2012, 03:39 PM
There is indeed a tab.

Captain Nemo
1st May 2012, 04:10 PM
There is indeed a tab.

You'd know......
Your prob one of the first!
:smt082

Jarro
1st May 2012, 04:14 PM
He's right, there is a tab there on your profile page

LeftyHoges
1st May 2012, 04:41 PM
He's right, there is a tab there on your profile page

I can't see a tab for infraction points on his page!

BOO-URNS!

Captain Nemo
1st May 2012, 06:10 PM
He's right, there is a tab there on your profile pageBlow me where it is, I can't see it???

Eldrick
1st May 2012, 06:36 PM
Blow me where it is, I can't see it???
call someone a *** *** *** * ** *** and you will see it

AndyP
1st May 2012, 06:37 PM
call someone a *** *** *** * ** *** and you will see itIn a couple of weeks anyway.

Jarro
1st May 2012, 06:40 PM
In a couple of weeks anyway.

I see what you did there

Yossarian
5th July 2012, 11:18 AM
Can you still send/recieve PM's if banned?

AndyP
5th July 2012, 11:19 AM
You can't log in, so no.

rubin
16th August 2012, 01:32 PM
I don't know if this has been asked before, but would it be worthwhile to post (maybe in this thread) if a certain member has been banned for a few weeks?

something along the lines of "Jack is out for 2 weeks for NSFW" or whatever the case may be.

saves the questions everytime it happens, and would surely educate people for future reference.

Moe Norman
16th August 2012, 02:00 PM
would help if you are 'mid transaction' in the proshop, thats the only concern imo

Jarro
16th August 2012, 02:01 PM
If a person is banned, it says so above their avatar.

rubin
16th August 2012, 02:10 PM

Yeah - notice that part - but surely it would help if people knew how long they were out for - e.g circumstances such as Moe has posted.

TheTrueReview
16th August 2012, 03:23 PM

Jarro, can you clarify something. If it says above someone's avatar that they are banned, how do I know they're banned? 8-)

markTHEblake
16th August 2012, 06:46 PM
Notifying the forum of people getting banned is a terrible idea. The moderators will be accused of using that as a trophy list. If someone gets banned its stiff shit.

Lobsta
16th August 2012, 11:56 PM
Notifying the forum of people getting banned is a terrible idea. The moderators will be accused of using that as a trophy list. If someone gets banned its stiff shit.

Better idea: embrace the trophy list idea, and make little big game style trophy images to put in the relevant mod's sig. A copy of the offending avatar over a wooden shield.

sms316
2nd June 2013, 02:15 PM
G'day OZgolfMod,

In the interest of clarification, can something be cleared up? As you know the banning system works along these lines;

"To make moderation decision-making less subjective, OZgolf has implemented an ‘infraction’ scheme, effective immediately. Violations of the forum rules attract a points penalty, and once you have a certain number of points, you get an automatic ban. Note that it is possible to earn multiple penalties for the same post.
Accruing 3 points earns you a two-week ban.
Accruing 6 points earns you a one-month ban.
Accruing 12 points earns you a six-month ban.
Accruing 15 points earns you a permanent ban from the service."

And points are issued along these lines;

"6. NSFW (Not Safe For Work)
Posting vulgar language, inappropriate images or videos, or links to sites containing any of these. This rule also applies to avatars, signatures and blog posts.
2 infraction points (Expiry - 1 month)"

My question is this - how many points were Jack and golfer69 issued today? There is no mention in the rules that I can see that mentions ban time for 1st/2nd3rd offence.

Thanks in advance,
sms

sms316
2nd June 2013, 02:24 PM
Just to clarify, because if I edit the post it will go all wonky, but the points do expire, don't they? That appears to be the case at the end of each example.

OZgolf Mod
2nd June 2013, 02:33 PM
Yes, they expire after the respective time listed for each rule.

The specific details of the ban won't be discussed, but obviously previous points plus carryover points led to a ban.

markTHEblake
2nd June 2013, 04:09 PM
specific details of the ban won't be discussed,
why wont the moderators discuss the specific details of the ban or infringement with the person they issued warning/points too?

Eag's
2nd June 2013, 04:46 PM
Good question Blake.

PeteyD
2nd June 2013, 05:41 PM
why wont the moderators discuss the specific details of the ban or infringement with the person they issued warning/points too?

Where did you get this idea from?

KristianJ
2nd June 2013, 05:47 PM
Blakey, I would assume that OZgolf Mod meant that the specific details of the bans in question will not be discussed in the open forum.

IamViva
2nd June 2013, 05:53 PM
don't take this the wrong way, i am not being a smartarse. this is a legit question -
what is the purpose of Ozgolf Mod? why cant you guys deal with this directly instead of using a faceless identity?

mike
2nd June 2013, 05:57 PM
The way I see it when ozgolf mod steps in, shit just got serious.

Good idea really.

TheNuclearOne
2nd June 2013, 05:57 PM

In my warnings i've always received a full comprehensive analysis :lol:

Eag's
2nd June 2013, 06:01 PM
OK, that clears things up a bit.

AndyP
2nd June 2013, 06:04 PM
don't take this the wrong way, i am not being a smartarse. this is a legit question -
what is the purpose of Ozgolf Mod? why cant you guys deal with this directly instead of using a faceless identity?

1. So we don't get text messages and Facebook messages intruding on our private lives like I have been getting.
2. All mods have access to that account including the email address of mods@ozgolf.net, so sending a message to one is sending a message to all.
3. Some people take this stuff personally. I'd like to minimise the personal threats and abuse that the moderators get as much as possible.

IamViva
2nd June 2013, 06:09 PM
1. So we don't get text messages and Facebook messages intruding on our private lives like I have been getting.
2. All mods have access to that account including the email address of mods@ozgolf.net, so sending a message to one is sending a message to all.
3. Some people take this stuff personally. I'd like to minimise the personal threats and abuse that the moderators get as much as possible.
wtf...wow. fair enough then.

markTHEblake
2nd June 2013, 06:13 PM
Where did you get this idea from?

When I ask why I receive a warning when I didnt break any rule, I get ignored.

TheNuclearOne
2nd June 2013, 06:14 PM
OK, that clears things up a bit.

PD's done a couple of mine and was quite the gentleman with them. He also answered every question i sent back to him at length.

PeteyD
2nd June 2013, 06:46 PM
When I ask why I receive a warning when I didnt break any rule, I get ignored.

When did this happen? I see nothing in your profile.

WBennett
2nd June 2013, 06:54 PM

Nobody wants to be seen as the bad guy. Personally, whoever makes the call should put their hand up and contact the naughty boy and girl. Hiding under a cloak of anonymity is cowardly and leads to more trouble than its worth.

I've moderated a small local forum before. Its a job nobody wants and can cause a ton of angst, but I always found being straight up with the members I was banning made it easier :)

markTHEblake
2nd June 2013, 07:22 PM
When did this happen? I see nothing in your profile.
3rd January 2013 06:08 AM - it is still there.

Approx 24 hours after you deleted the respective post another moderator issued the infraction for it. Which in itself is confusing.

PeteyD
2nd June 2013, 07:26 PM
You were given a warning for insulting someone that was picky about it. Move on.

markTHEblake
2nd June 2013, 07:53 PM
You were given a warning for insulting someone that was picky about it. Move on.

No that is not what I was told. My understanding is the moderators are happy to explain the infractions if asked, and as TNO said just before, you have always responded to him when he asked. But when I asked, never got an answer, after a couple of follow up, I get a handwave, then I ask again and get ignored, still waiting. Why is it not reasonable for the moderator to consider the persons point of view. The warning I dont mind, its the false accusation that is an insult.

Then a short time later the moderators announce a baiting/trolling rule, and that goes even further to demonstrate that I did not break any rule.

PeteyD
2nd June 2013, 07:57 PM
Just explained it to you. What do you not understand?

Lagerlover
2nd June 2013, 08:18 PM
Yes Mark, move on.

Shadesy
3rd June 2013, 12:28 AM

I abuse Megawatty daily. He doesn't respond.