PDA

View Full Version : OT discussion regarding infraction system

Lagerlover
18th April 2012, 04:14 AM
I'm out. I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Whilst I respect the time and effort people like AndyP put into forums such as these, when posts get deleted for merely airing concerns toward the moderators actions, that's when there's a problem.

Thanks again to those I have met through Ozgolf, there are some great people on this forum.

Jarro
18th April 2012, 06:43 AM
He's still allowed to play isn't he ??

I can't see anywhere here that says he's banned from attending ?

Come along Lagerlover ... no need to miss out on a great golfing day.

Marto65
18th April 2012, 06:51 AM
WTF ? How the **** has it got to this stage. I could imagine this rules bullshit effecting a perennial shitstirrer on the site but not a happy and gay guy like Lager. We have a problem because we should simply not lose a quality poster like Lagerman.
Please fix it.

+10000

ddasey
18th April 2012, 07:04 AM
WTF ? How the **** has it got to this stage. I could imagine this rules bullshit effecting a perennial shitstirrer on the site but not a happy and gay guy like Lager. We have a problem because we should simply not lose a quality poster like Lagerman.
Please fix it.

+10000

Here, here.

LL

Mate, whatver has happended re consider turning up at Toowoomba.

It is not about the forum, but a great day for a bloody good cause.

I was looking forward to our hit....

jaybam
18th April 2012, 07:06 AM
I was cruising up with larger lover so am also out. Sorry guys

Haystacks
18th April 2012, 07:10 AM
WTF just happened here?

Marto65
18th April 2012, 07:20 AM
WTF just happened here?

Let's just call it our "ISG" moment.

Can we resume normal transmission?

Eag's
18th April 2012, 07:21 AM
What the hell is going on around here??

jaybam
18th April 2012, 07:21 AM
Let's just call it our "ISG" moment.

Can we resume normal transmission?

I probably wouldnt hold your breath too long waiting .

markTHEblake
18th April 2012, 07:24 AM
Please consider the effect that withdrawing has on the other members of your team. Thanks.

goughy
18th April 2012, 07:34 AM
LL was rightly given an infraction for language which was well deserved, but it was mentioned that using such language was borderline disrespectful to us as we had just initiated the new rules system and it was felt he used that language intentionally, maybe to push the boundaries. He obviously had an issue with it. I'm sorry for that, but with regards to the infraction it was well deserved for his choice of word used multiple times in his post. He was also subverting the swear filter.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there won't be any non moderated section on ozgolf. If you want one, the software is out there to start your own non moderated forum. The only real change to the rules is the inclusion of an infraction system. the rules themselves are pretty much what they always have been, and his post would have always been removed if reported to, or seen by a mod. The infraction system has been added because some people always wanna push the boundaries, and we're hoping this might reign some of it in.

I'm sorry if this is how LL feels about it. But his response to his infraction in no way changes our minds about it.

There may be members who don't like this system, and yes, maybe some will become much less active here out of protest against it. But I know there are members who are not very active here because of what we have let go on in the past. Some who I consider friends. So the system stays. If anyone is so incensed by it then there is iseekgolf, thegolfforum, bombsquadgolf, golfwrx, etc.

Sorry for using you as an example LL. But you brought it up. I know you aren't the only person who will feel this way about the infraction system. But you didn't mention that your post was removed for language specifically, with a mention it was borderline disrespectful. You said it was for disrespecting moderators, and that's not correct.

sms316
18th April 2012, 07:37 AM
Goughy,Do you think the forum will end up with a nett loss or nett gain over this? I sent AP a PM an hour ago to see if I am allowed to start a thread to discuss the new system and am waiting on a response. I suspect the answer will be to the negative somehow.

jaybam
18th April 2012, 07:40 AM
Hey I was getting a lift up with him. I was going to withdraw earlier cause i just dont trust my car to get me up there and back at the moment. He kindly offered to take me up so i could play. He isnt playing so i am not going up now. Sorry Ferret and Ddasey :(

BroKar
18th April 2012, 07:45 AM
For a site who doesn't want to go commercial and make actual coin, it seems extremely odd to start heavily moderating for no apparent reason.

Personally I have never seen anything I would delete off this forum except for igolf

Marto65
18th April 2012, 07:47 AM
For a site who doesn't want to go commercial and make actual coin, it seems extremely odd to start heavily moderating for no apparent reason.

Personally I have never seen anything I would delete off this forum except for igolf

+ 1

sms316
18th April 2012, 07:48 AM
For a site who doesn't want to go commercial and make actual coin, it seems extremely odd to start heavily moderating for no apparent reason.Personally I have never seen anything I would delete off this forum except for igolfigolf was harmless.

jaybam
18th April 2012, 07:49 AM

Thats awful close to an accusation there. Careful.

jaybam
18th April 2012, 07:49 AM
igolf was harmless.

And fun. I like the way him and Blakey played well together.

goughy
18th April 2012, 07:59 AM
Just closing the thread for a sec so I can move the ot discussion to another thread.

goughy
18th April 2012, 08:21 AM
Open. Just a few quick responses. I'm spose to be at work now. Firstly sms, andy was getting ready and on his way to work. Hence no response to you. I don't think he'd even seen it yet. With response to your question, maybe a net loss. Maybe not. It's up to the individuals to make their own mind up about things. I have no concerns about it either way.

Brokar, the site is no more heavily moderated now than it was before. There was a period there years ago when I was struggling with many things (still am), and one of them was keeping control of the forum and having it run in the way Leon and I always wanted it. Andy came in to help me and has done a fantastic job in all the upgrading and managing of the forum. With regards to the rules, they are the same as they have always been, from day one. In the past I didn't do a very good job of looking after things. Others help now days. Today it is running more how I always hoped it would. The rules themselves in essence are the same as they always have been. And in the past posts were always being moderated as well felt they needed. The only difference is the introduction of the infraction system. We are hoping it will make it easier for us moderators to stay consistant, and also to discourage people from becoming serial trolls etc, and from intentially pushing the boundaries for their own enjoyment. Any posts that have been moderated since the new system would have been moderated before the new system.

To Lagerlover, I now know another post of yours was removed that was questioning the system. You were contacted regarding this, and you received no infraction points for that post. If you do have problems with it, you are welcome to contact us. But starting a thread about it would be playing into the hands of people who just want to start a trolling or arguing discussion. The system is not up for discussion. It is in place.

For now, I will leave this thread in place. But if it is getting out of hand I will remove it. I'm spose to be working now and not dealing with this. My boss will kick my butt soon.

Webster
18th April 2012, 08:28 AM
Take a deep breath people, mods included. We don't want these stringent new rules to be the cause of anyone leaving Ozgolf with their knickers in a knot. Life will go on and we will all live happily ever after. The odd booby gif might even slip through the cracks if we keep it quiet, who knows.

Peace and love to all.

Jack.

Daves
18th April 2012, 08:31 AM
Hmmm, over reactions galore imo, both sides.

LL's issue as I understand it is not the original infraction so much as the heavy handiness of the handling of it, and the subsequent further post modification and removal, and threat of further infractions. I agree with him, but also think he has probably over reacted to an way over the top reaction, if you know what I mean.

I was also travelling up with LL, so will reconsider my position today and advise.

goughy
18th April 2012, 08:35 AM
Take a deep breath people, mods included. We don't want these stringent new rules to be the cause of anyone leaving Ozgolf with their knickers in a knot. Life will go on and we will all live happily ever after. The odd booby gif might even slip through the cracks if we keep it quiet, who knows.

Peace and love to all.

Jack.

No heavy handedness. Nothing has been removed that wouldn't have been a week ago. The moderation itself is the same. Just the points thingy.

dc68
18th April 2012, 08:35 AM
Mmmm cracks.

3oneday
18th April 2012, 08:48 AM
The same BS continues in the Pro Shop, so I think it's getting close to time as well.

Ferrins
18th April 2012, 09:17 AM
Dear Ferrins,

You have received a warning at ozgolf.net forums.

Reason:
-------
6. NSFW

Hey Chris

Can you change your avatar please? Boobs are out.
Don't worry, there have been no infraction points allocated.

See you Friday

Am I in the infraction club or the faux infraction club:)

If infraction warnings were administered by someone clad in leather then LagerLover might come back.

jaybam
18th April 2012, 09:18 AM
I apologise and will now behave :-#

Webster
18th April 2012, 09:31 AM
Dear Jack,

You have received a warning at ozgolf.net forums.

Reason:
-------
6. NSFW

6. NSFW - vulgar language.
Warning only.
-------

"Tongueboy loves the gutted rabbit. "

Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
ozgolf.net forums

I read through the rules but it wasnt entirely clear.

goughy
18th April 2012, 09:35 AM
No points.

Webster
18th April 2012, 09:37 AM
So if I said that again, would it still be no points?

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2012, 09:38 AM
This seems like it is going to be a helluva lot more work for the mods. Goughy, you are case and point right now. Get to work!

It would have been much easier when P wasn't working.

goughy
18th April 2012, 09:41 AM
If you said it again, I'd give you points for it. since you'd been warned about it, you'd be posting something you'd been warned about already so I'd give you a point based on the original reason stated, and you would say that it's moderator disrespect to re-post it. Maybe more points for that. What would be better would to pm the admin about it, asking for clarification. If you put forward an argument justifying why it shouldn't have been removed, I'm sure you'd get an apology and have it re-instated.

goughy
18th April 2012, 09:44 AM
This seems like it is going to be a helluva lot more work for the mods. Goughy, you are case and point right now. Get to work!

It would have been much easier when P wasn't working.

Yeah, I agree. But it actually isn't any more work than what we were already doing in the past. It's an intergrated system for us, and we aren't moderating more than we were before. Just adding the points if we deem necessary. It's more work right now because I'm trying to keep an eye on the discussion, and hoping it doesn't get out of hand. But once that's over it'll be back to normal for us.

and yes, it was easier when ap didn't have a job :)

markTHEblake
18th April 2012, 09:46 AM
Suggestion for a new infraction;
Posting from work: 2 points.
( double if self employed )

goughy
18th April 2012, 09:49 AM
If the boss finds out it'll be 15 points!

Webster
18th April 2012, 10:04 AM
If you said it again, I'd give you points for it. since you'd been warned about it, you'd be posting something you'd been warned about already so I'd give you a point based on the original reason stated, and you would say that it's moderator disrespect to re-post it. Maybe more points for that. What would be better would to pm the admin about it, asking for clarification. If you put forward an argument justifying why it shouldn't have been removed, I'm sure you'd get an apology and have it re-instated.

That seems a arbitrary to me, considering the system is built around very clearly defined rules and penalties. I can see my creative juices being somewhat compromised, which would be disappointing.

Marto65
18th April 2012, 10:04 AM
On a related topic... I just tried to send Lagerlover a PM to ask him to reconsider his position tomorrow.

No sense doing it if he cant receive it ...

AndyP
18th April 2012, 10:10 AM
On a related topic... I just tried to send Lagerlover a PM to ask him to reconsider his position tomorrow.

No sense doing it if he cant receive it ...His posting privileges have not been affected in the slightest.

goughy
18th April 2012, 10:12 AM

I'm a bit lost? Are you saying he can't receive the pm? Why? He hasn't been banned.

jaybam
18th April 2012, 10:13 AM
On a related topic... I just tried to send Lagerlover a PM to ask him to reconsider his position tomorrow.No sense doing it if he cant receive it ... Better off messaging him on Facebook. He won't be back here anytime soon :)

goughy
18th April 2012, 10:13 AM
That seems a arbitrary to me, considering the system is built around very clearly defined rules and penalties. I can see my creative juices being somewhat compromised, which would be disappointing.

Sorry bout that. You'll have to keep those juices flowing in another way.

Webster
18th April 2012, 10:15 AM
Sorry bout that. You'll have to keep those juices flowing in another way.

That will likely incur more penalties, possibly criminal charges!

goughy
18th April 2012, 10:19 AM
As long as it doesn't occur on the forum, I'll live with it ;)

Daves
18th April 2012, 10:25 AM

Have already sent him a text. Have sent you his number also.

AndyP
18th April 2012, 10:26 AM
http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/28446-Infraction-System-FAQ

Where does it stop with having to explain every moderator decision to the forum?

Marto65
18th April 2012, 10:31 AM
Have already sent him a text. Have sent you his number also.

Thanks Daves .... hmmm .. his phone is very busy ....

sms316
18th April 2012, 10:40 AM
Dear Jack, You have received a warning at ozgolf.net forums. Reason: ------- 6. NSFW 6. NSFW - vulgar language. Warning only. -------"Tongueboy loves the gutted rabbit. "Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow. All the best, ozgolf.net forums _________________Did I earn any points for this? How many warnings am I allowed before I can book a holiday?I read through the rules but it wasnt entirely clear. Posting PMs on the open forum ok now?

shavey
18th April 2012, 11:13 AM
Where's the ignore thread button? Things should never have got to this point, especially with a worthy contributor like LL was.

I've left my two cents at home as I couldn't post this morning due the thread lock but hope it's still in the buffer upon my return. Whilst it's good to see some passionate discussion entertained, can all parties reconcile immediately for the sake of the better good. This is meant to be a celebration of one of our own however ironic it is that without Leon, we wouldn't have this platform to discuss who's with us or against us.

To all concerned, enforce your stance (if you must) after this Friday's Leon Treadwell Memorial Day but for heavens sake let the day proceed as it should and with the 20 players who had previously registered their intent!

dc68
18th April 2012, 11:14 AM
On a related topic... I just tried to send Lagerlover a PM to ask him to reconsider his position tomorrow.No sense doing it if he cant receive it ... He spat the dummy Marto. Toys out cos he doesn't like the new regime. At least he could have gone out all guns blazing and copped the first suspension!!!

just
18th April 2012, 11:42 AM
To borrow TTR favourite word, kudos mods, on the excellent work in developing the infraction system to enforce the rules that were already in place. Just because some chose to ignore the rules doesn't mean they were/are new or that there is a new regime. Perhaps if some of you chose to follow the rules and report the dross of others instead of following in the footsteps, like the sheep you are, we never would have got to this point.

jaybam
18th April 2012, 11:53 AM
Baaaaaaaaaaaa

jaybam
18th April 2012, 11:55 AM
**** now i will have o be careful not to bend over in front of any kiwis

Ferrins
18th April 2012, 12:12 PM
So LagerLover is a cross-drosser, I new it.

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2012, 12:31 PM
He spat the dummy Marto. Toys out cos he doesn't like the new regime. At least he could have gone out all guns blazing and copped the first suspension!!!Lager's previous dealings with Cleveland gear shows that once he makes his mind up on something, he holds to it. Short temper.

ddasey
18th April 2012, 12:33 PM
Well that's my team out.

Thanks but I will give it a miss and play clOser to home.

sms316
18th April 2012, 12:37 PM
To borrow TTR favourite word, kudos mods, on the excellent work in developing the infraction system to enforce the rules that were already in place. Just because some chose to ignore the rules doesn't mean they were/are new or that there is a new regime. Perhaps if some of you chose to follow the rules and report the dross of others instead of following in the footsteps, like the sheep you are, we never would have got to this point.Excellent post just.

markTHEblake
18th April 2012, 12:37 PM
Collateral damage we had to have :-)

Don't blame ya dd I would have done the same. Andyp you are on notice, if you get banned before Friday there will be trouble.

BrisVegas
18th April 2012, 12:43 PM
Collateral damage we had to have :-)

Don't blame ya dd I would have done the same. Andyp you are on notice, if you get banned before Friday there will be trouble.

if AndyP bails, can we get choppa on the team? He's great on the turps!

haysey
18th April 2012, 01:05 PM
Suggestion for a new infraction;
Posting from work: 2 points.
( double if self employed )

Shit. I might as well ban myself now.

shavey
18th April 2012, 01:06 PM
if AndyP bails, can we get choppa on the team? He's great on the turps!

RIP Turps

But shouldn't it be an effective drink, turps is a derogatory comment and borderline slander BV!

AndyP
18th April 2012, 01:13 PM
Choppa will be no good then. I tried to get on it last year, only to be told that they only serve midstrength.

Moe Norman
18th April 2012, 02:00 PM
I disagree completely about the views on moderation. While the rules may have not changed, the moderation and/or enforcement of them in the last 6 months has gone through the roof. Coming up with an infraction system and the like only reinforces this view.

I just don't understand what was broken that needed to be fixed? What have we come to if a bunch of grown men (and a few ladies) can't even post a gif featuring bouncing (covered) boobies, or use colloquial rhyming slang without offending someone?

It's like we've moved from a country town to the city, the laws may not have changed, but the enforcement and those that enforce them sure have.

Getting dangerously precious.

simmsy
18th April 2012, 02:10 PM
I'm out. I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

Whilst I respect the time and effort people like AndyP put into forums such as these, when posts get deleted for merely airing concerns toward the moderators actions, that's when there's a problem.

Thanks again to those I have met through Ozgolf, there are some great people on this forum.

So..... Let me get this right, has LL pulled out of the Leon day??

If I've got that wrong then apologies for the rest of this post.

LagerLover grow up and get over your ego. If its true that you have pulled out of a golf day as important as this one just because you feel your freedom of speech has been somewhat removed from you then that is a sad thing to see indeed. You have let your mates down, the organizers down and yourself down. People are relying on you to be there to have great day out remembering someone close to many people. If you don't feel your time is best spent on this forum then so be it but don't let the decision not to go to the LT golf day affect other people that have done nothing wrong.

I hope to hear that you managed to get there and have a great day out.

Sometimes things are bigger than the things you disagree with. This is one of them.

If anyone wants to pass this onto LL that is fine, assuming hes not trolling the site He can contact MegaWatty and get my contact details if he feels he needs to "off" me!

Peace out Ladies.

simmsy
18th April 2012, 02:11 PM
I disagree completely about the views on moderation. While the rules may have not changed, the moderation and/or enforcement of them in the last 6 months has gone through the roof. Coming up with an infraction system and the like only reinforces this view.

I just don't understand what was broken that needed to be fixed? What have we come to if a bunch of grown men (and a few ladies) can't even post a gif featuring bouncing (covered) boobies, or use colloquial rhyming slang without offending someone?

It's like we've moved from a country town to the city, the laws may not have changed, but the enforcement and those that enforce them sure have.

Getting dangerously precious.

Was that last line meant for LL??

Just wondering.

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2012, 02:12 PM
Well said, Simmsy.

simmsy
18th April 2012, 02:13 PM
Where's the punch line JC?

goughy
18th April 2012, 02:14 PM
We're actually doing things the way we always wanted or intended to do, but either due to being busy, or lazy, didn't keep up with. This is the way we wanted things when we started here, and was more like this back then. Granted, things didn't get pushed so much back then. And honestly, some things had been let slide which were getting into the territory of why jaster and I started here in the first place. I understand some won't like it, and that's fine. We certainly don't expect everyone to be happy with it, and we expect some (maybe many) to question it, or even move on if they can't handle it.

Moe Norman
18th April 2012, 02:16 PM
Was that last line meant for LL??

Just wondering.

Nope, it wasn't mean for anyone in particular.

But the forum has been operating fine for close to a decade without a sudden influx of over moderation and precious behaviour from all concerned.

One can only assume its about to get commercial around here, because the moderation is now the same as ISG before the exodus

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2012, 02:18 PM
Where's the punch line JC? My first serious post. See, the new enforcement policy works.

Moe Norman
18th April 2012, 02:20 PM
We're actually doing things the way we always wanted or intended to do, but either due to being busy, or lazy, didn't keep up with. This is the way we wanted things when we started here, and was more like this back then. Granted, things didn't get pushed so much back then. And honestly, some things had been let slide which were getting into the territory of why jaster and I started here in the first place. I understand some won't like it, and that's fine. We certainly don't expect everyone to be happy with it, and we expect some (maybe many) to question it, or even move on if they can't handle it.

I can only assume you're referring to personal abuse, which of course should never be allowed.

But I don't imagine you and Jaster sat down all those years ago and said "we don't want a boobie .gif Friday" or "We really hope nobody uses rhyming slang" or says "whats replacing this?" - did you?

goughy
18th April 2012, 02:20 PM
Actually, it's not. The lack of moderation there caused the exodus (if you're talking about the original one (in case there have been others I don't know about)). And no, it's not getting more commercial here. And remember, what you and others see as fine is not seen so by others. Again, that's your opinion, and I know the opinion of others and I'm not criticising it. Just disagreeing with it.

goughy
18th April 2012, 02:28 PM
I can only assume you're referring to personal abuse, which of course should never be allowed.

But I don't imagine you and Jaster sat down all those years ago and said "we don't want a boobie .gif Friday" or "We really hope nobody uses rhyming slang" or says "whats replacing this?" - did you?

Well, I don't really understand what the second comment in quotations is referring to as it doesn't appear to be something against the rules. The third one, well, yes, plenty of people get frustrated with OT stuff like that in the pro shop. And we have let a lot of it slide, particularly because, in my case, I don't see it. The first one was definitely something we didn't want when we started. Sorry if you think I'm a prude. Several other forums I frequent have no issues with this being restricted. I'm wondering why you have such an issue with it here? Are there no other forums you can go to to see that? I'm just wondering, because you seem to have such an issue with it?

Please remember, being a member here is your own choice. We haven't chained you here.

Dotty
18th April 2012, 02:37 PM
I think we need to take a step back and realise that OzGolf isn't a private email message or even a group of blokes having a chat around a backyard BBQ, but a public broadcast device.

In the real world. You wouldn't show the booby gifs around the office, use foul language on a bus or interfere with sales at the local retailer.

If you want the saucy stuff and freedom of expression, then there is 'TheGolfForum'. They'd appreciate the traffic.

The infraction system gets my vote (even though I must have been close with a few posts yesterday, with a gay joke, racial profiling, off-topic posts and wanting to punch a blind girl in the face).
<end rant>

goughy
18th April 2012, 02:38 PM
The expression on your face in your avatar says how sorry you feel ;)

rubin
18th April 2012, 02:46 PM
Well said dotty and simmsy.

markTHEblake
18th April 2012, 02:49 PM
It's about time the rules that were always in place need to be followed. Can we apply them retrospectively? There is one unsavoury character we can do without that would have earned a few thousand points by now though I think he took the hint and buggared off long ago :-)

goughy
18th April 2012, 02:50 PM
Sorry MTB, clean slate for everyone. We did joke about doing that though ;)

rubin
18th April 2012, 03:00 PM
ur mate iGolf MTB?

Moe Norman
18th April 2012, 03:13 PM
The first one was definitely something we didn't want when we started. Sorry if you think I'm a prude. Several other forums I frequent have no issues with this being restricted. I'm wondering why you have such an issue with it here? Are there no other forums you can go to to see that? I'm just wondering, because you seem to have such an issue with it?

Please remember, being a member here is your own choice. We haven't chained you here.

I don't really care about it to be honest, it's just the only experience I have had with moderation directly. I just see it as a slippery slope, next some other little amusing tit bit (pun not intended) will be moderated and it will go from there.

I don't think you're a prude if you don't want to see a big pair of bare naked boobs, but nor do I see how its offensive posting a picture of a lady jogging along bouncing around like some balloons wearing a t-shirt or a bikini anymore so than an amusing gif of any other nature. (like this for example)

http://i.imgur.com/5AB47.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/nU59g.gif

just
18th April 2012, 03:13 PM
There is one unsavoury character we can do without that would have earned a few thousand points by now though I think he took the hint and buggared off long ago :-)
Speaking about yourself in the third person is weird Blakey.

just
18th April 2012, 03:29 PM
Goughy has answered you more than adequately but for a different perespective:

While the rules may have not changed, the moderation and/or enforcement of them in the last 6 months has gone through the roof.
No, the moderation in the past 6 months or so has been more lax than usual.

I just don't understand what was broken that needed to be fixed?
The fact that a couple of members decided that racist, sexist and just plain offensive stuff was okay to post and a few seeing that they got away with it decided to jump in with both boots and join in. As so rightly point out we should be acting like grown men and women rather than pubescent boys. If you want that TGF provides it by the shovelfull.

What have we come to if a bunch of grown men (and a few ladies) can't even post a gif featuring bouncing (covered) boobies, or use colloquial rhyming slang without offending someone?
If that's what it was about I would agree, but it isn't. See above.

Webster
18th April 2012, 03:32 PM
Stop trolling Just.

sms316
18th April 2012, 03:36 PM
TGF isn't about T&A anymore. It's about Collingwood.

markTHEblake
18th April 2012, 04:20 PM
Speaking about yourself in the third person is weird Blakey.I never buggared off so it can't be me.
P.s. welcome back.

3oneday
18th April 2012, 04:27 PM
I hate to use the word "proper golf forum" but try and do any of this booby stuff and the ridiculous one word posts having a crack on golfwrx or bsg and see how far you get.

sms316
18th April 2012, 04:31 PM
I hate to use the word "proper golf forum" but try and do any of this booby stuff and the ridiculous one word posts having a crack on golfwrx or bsg and see how far you get. As opposed to the rivetting discussion that takes place about how shafts play? Totally different forums with totally different markets.

3oneday
18th April 2012, 05:24 PM
As opposed to the rivetting discussion that takes place about how shafts play? Totally different forums with totally different markets.Correct, there is a clear difference.

But arranging games of golf, talking about golf equipment, golf stuff in general......and boobs ? There are specific sites for that, usually involves a credit card too :)

About time the changes reinforcement took place, long overdue.

sms316
18th April 2012, 05:26 PM
Correct, there is a clear difference.But arranging games of golf, talking about golf equipment, golf stuff in general......and boobs ? There are specific sites for that, usually involves a credit card too :)About time the changes reinforcement took place, long overdue. I wouldnt know about any of those sights. I liken this forum to an actual range of golf. Golf is the common interest but the discussion mid round are about anything else. Even bouncing boobies.

3oneday
18th April 2012, 05:36 PM
My son knows when he caddies for me or a mate that what is said at golf stays at golf, not sure that works on a public golf forum though.

Anyway, it's not msn or gmail chat?

3oneday
18th April 2012, 05:36 PM
My son knows when he caddies for me or a mate that what is said at golf stays at golf, not sure that works on a public golf forum though.

Anyway, it's not msn or gmail chat?

rubin
18th April 2012, 05:40 PM
is it just me - or does the conversation in this thread just seem to be going in circles.

Some people hate the new system. We got it.

Some people like the system. We got that too.

Can people just move on at all, or are we going to be forever subjected to this crap......?

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2012, 05:48 PM
*We get it
*We get that

sms316
18th April 2012, 06:06 PM
Poor grammar - 2 points.

popper81
18th April 2012, 06:08 PM
is it just me - or does the conversation in this thread just seem to be going in circles.

Can people just move on at all, or are we going to be forever subjected to this crap......?

A WAnker asking for things to move on........ Things here are really not right ;)

markTHEblake
18th April 2012, 06:14 PM
I wouldnt know about any of those sights.

Poor grammar - 2 points.

Good idea.

rubin
18th April 2012, 06:14 PM
im happy to dribble crap just like everyone else. but to me, it seems very pointless arguing something arbitrary and when a conversation starts going in circles it just makes it worse and its time to move on.

and JC - considering the expression itself is grammatically incorrect, there isn't a right or wrong way to say it.

sms316
18th April 2012, 06:18 PM
Good idea. Friggin phone. It normally auto-corrects.

markTHEblake
18th April 2012, 06:21 PM

This new law only affects those people who have something to hide.

jaybam
18th April 2012, 06:22 PM
Whenever there is a new fine sometimes there is an amnesty ( pretty sure thats spelt wrong but i dont care ) period. Maybe it could have happened in this instance ????

Johnny Canuck
18th April 2012, 06:26 PM
im happy to dribble crap just like everyone else. but to me, it seems very pointless arguing something arbitrary and when a conversation starts going in circles it just makes it worse and its time to move on.and JC - considering the expression itself is grammatically incorrect, there isn't a right or wrong way to say it.You can't polish a turd. *it's

TheNuclearOne
18th April 2012, 06:28 PM

It's a few days old, people are going to need time to put this thing in perspective. There are things to get off chests one way or another and this is simply going to take time as things settle into place. There are also plenty of questions as people work out exactly how things might be affected for them personally. It's going to be bumpy for a while and you are just going to have to let people find their their feet, or not. A few days is hardly forever - all you have to do is stay away from the couple of threads if they upset you mate. Nobody is being forced to read this stuff.

Ferrins
18th April 2012, 06:42 PM
To many know it all, grammatical experts with IQ's as high as their handicaps on here. Pimms was funny with a good hearted nature.

Webster
18th April 2012, 06:44 PM
*Too

Ferrins
18th April 2012, 06:45 PM
Did that on purpose you knob.

just
18th April 2012, 06:47 PM
I never buggared off so it can't be me.
P.s. welcome back.
It couldn't have been me you were referring to either, I've never left and I've very rarely broken Ozgolf's rules.

PS There was a period when you did bugger off, 2006 before your 5000th post I believe.
PPS It was a blissful few months.

Webster
18th April 2012, 07:05 PM
Did that on purpose you knob.

Your a nob

jaybam
18th April 2012, 07:08 PM
A door knob???

Peter
18th April 2012, 08:12 PM
A points system to determine if people should be banned or not? Pretty weak.

All this place needs now is a naughty corner.

backintheswing
18th April 2012, 08:29 PM
The points system could end up like the NRL judiciary. Ask Jarro about that.:)

Hux
18th April 2012, 09:09 PM
The points system could end up like the NRL judiciary. Ask Jarro about that.:)

Now there is an idea - The Ozgolf Commission.
So we would need is 3 or 4 people who have broken all the rules to actually rule on the infractions. Is there an appeals system in place - could we have people denied Natural Justice, double standards being applied with warnings for some and none for others? What about DC68 being suspended 2 weeks before the Champs when he is again redhot fav to take it out ? :-)

Seriously - an interesting exercise in change management being undertaken - IMHO not overly successfully so far due to the lack of consultation and communication prior to implementation.

Personally I will be quite happy to see a lack of the "noise" that gets generated in a lot of threads. But, what are the WAnkers going to do with the extra hours in their day??? :-)

LarryLong
18th April 2012, 09:11 PM
This grudgingly accepted yet?

KristianJ
18th April 2012, 09:18 PM
Now there is an idea - The Ozgolf Commission.
So we would need is 3 or 4 people who have broken all the rules to actually rule on the infractions. Is there an appeals system in place - could we have people denied Natural Justice, double standards being applied with warnings for some and none for others? What about DC68 being suspended 2 weeks before the Champs when he is again redhot fav to take it out ? :-)

I modded on a forum a few years back where there was an appeals system and the cases were posted publicly (albeit in locked threads where only the staff and member involved could post). Simple case of what the infraction was, reason for appealing, then maybe a little bit of to and fro, a few hidden posts between staff, and then the decision.

I can't recall having a decision that I made being challenged, but some of the other cases could be fun reading at times with the bickering between certain staff and certain members. Plus it did expose double standards, albeit only very occasionally.

WBennett
18th April 2012, 09:18 PM
At least we have not lost both LL's.

NSFW Linkie (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiX7GTelTPM)

Shadesy
18th April 2012, 09:54 PM
TGF isn't about T&A anymore. It's about Collingwood.

Oh really! I should of been trolling over there all week!!

AndyP
18th April 2012, 10:18 PM
Seriously - an interesting exercise in change management being undertaken - IMHO not overly successfully so far due to the lack of consultation and communication prior to implementation.Interesting analogy. There was plenty of internal consultation of the end users, which are the moderators, but due to schedule pressures the communication to the members wasn't as good as it could have been.

Scottt
18th April 2012, 11:48 PM
What is the penalty for losing a $50 bet to another user and then refusing to pay?

Or was being 4ft2 with a head like a dropped pie considered enough of an ongoing penalty for our dear moderator?

markTHEblake
19th April 2012, 12:00 AM
It couldn't have been me you were referring to either, I've never left and I've very rarely broken Ozgolf's rules.

You have been very quiet lately. Either that or rampaging in threads I do not normally read.

Johnny Canuck
19th April 2012, 12:02 AM
What is the penalty for losing a $50 bet to another user and then refusing to pay?Or was being 4ft2 with a head like a dropped pie considered enough of an ongoing penalty for our dear moderator?Hmm. How long until gets edited or deleted?

Boonie
19th April 2012, 12:47 AM
How do you delete your own account?

Minor_Threat
19th April 2012, 09:52 AM
Seems unnecessary to me! Some very precious people floating around these areas I think..

Webster
19th April 2012, 09:56 AM
How do you delete your own account?

Boonie, you just post a Zigwah'esque rant and the mods will do it for you.

BroKar
19th April 2012, 10:04 AM
Seems unnecessary to me! Some very precious people floating around these areas I think..

+10000

Maybe people who are easilly offended shouldnt moderate a forum where the majority of its members are men, who happen to know each other in some form through a game.

Iain
19th April 2012, 10:12 AM
But it's not a private forum. Its public, just because the majority know each other doesn't mean it should turn into a boys club.

just
19th April 2012, 10:16 AM
I'd be interested in which mods Brokar thinks we should get rid of?

AndyP
19th April 2012, 10:32 AM
Maybe people who are easilly offended shouldnt moderate a forum where the majority of its members are men, who happen to know each other in some form through a game.Why would you assume that the moderators are easily offended? You just don't get it. If it's not acceptable publicly, why should it be acceptable here on a public forum?

The rules have barely changed, so what I'm hearing from plenty is "I got away with breaking the rules before, it's not fair that I can't do it now". The infraction system is a tool for the moderators to make sure that the rules are being followed, which was hard to do before. If you weren't breaking the rules before, you shouldn't have a problem now.

AndyP
19th April 2012, 10:45 AM
I hope they don't report me.

sms316
19th April 2012, 11:11 AM
I hope they don't report me. Been there, tried that.

sms316
19th April 2012, 11:13 AM
Question - are "GGF" or "FFS" considered swearing workarounds?

IamViva
19th April 2012, 11:13 AM
Question for the mods, will offensive/unwanted/unnecessary posts that could possibly deserve infraction points be discussed as a group and penalty handed down as a majority decision or is a case of first on the scene?

I only ask because tolerance of posts/members may vary from mod to mod.

jaybam
19th April 2012, 11:30 AM
Question for the mods, will offensive/unwanted/unnecessary posts that could possibly deserve infraction points be discussed as a group and penalty handed down as a majority decision or is a case of first on the scene? I only ask because tolerance of posts/members may vary from mod to mod.your not suggesting there would be favouritism or potential revenge amongst the mods are you?

dave1
19th April 2012, 11:49 AM
I KNOW I'm not the most popular poster here - lets not suguar coat this.

Yep bad speller and radical thoughts.

But some of the abusive remarks I have recieved are not warranted. If you can't debate an issue without being abusive then don't debate. Yes I gave someone a serve too so I'm not perfect either but I apologized.

If anyone (and me) do the wrong thing and cop some points - "man up" and say "yep I probably deserved it"

Its odd golf has a "zillion" rules we all follow and respect. Yet when rules get introduced into the forum - many get all defensive.

Personally good on the mods for doing it.

Hey it might even improve my jumbled posts :-)

Moe Norman
19th April 2012, 11:54 AM
as long as the same rules apply to everyone (which they most certainly haven't in the past) then I'm sure everyone can live with it, its only a golf forum.

dave1
19th April 2012, 12:10 PM
Maybe like all new things we should give it time to assess it.

The hysteria around the new handicap is a good example - the way people carried on - it was like the world would end. End result was fine.

Humans are inherently creatures of habit - we resist and sometimes even fear change. Yet we equally adapt very quickly to new rules.

IamViva
19th April 2012, 12:26 PM
your not suggesting there would be favouritism or potential revenge amongst the mods are you?
no, but its possible. im not questioning the rules i was asking how the points are decided, is it a group decision or first to moderate the post? not everyone shares the same opinions or humour

goughy
19th April 2012, 12:45 PM
Question for the mods, will offensive/unwanted/unnecessary posts that could possibly deserve infraction points be discussed as a group and penalty handed down as a majority decision or is a case of first on the scene?

I only ask because tolerance of posts/members may vary from mod to mod.

This is a good question. And you are kind of right, it is possible that one mods perception well be different than anothers. That's where we're hoping the clarification of the rules will also help us. With regards to the application of the infractions/moderation it has always been a combination of individual and group discussion.

Sometimes moderation is blindingly obvious, and sometimes it fits into a grey area where we will talk about it. This has happened a bit with reported posts where one of us isn't sure, so we discuss it as a group. Often no action is taken. Just because a post is reported doesn't mean we find something that needs acting upon. And sometimes this happens when one of us sees a post that's questionable.

We have our own section of the forum where we can discuss this stuff. And whenever a post is moderated it will show up there, so each of us can see what's happened, why, and if any points were awarded. Sometimes we discuss what happened more.

with most permanent bans (apart from spam) they have been discussed at length by us. One of us generally doesn't make our mind up on this on our own, and we don't do so lightly, regardless if some think we do. And over 8 years and at times some heated 'discussions' I don't think we've banned that many.

goughy
19th April 2012, 12:47 PM
not everyone shares the same opinions or humour

Absolutely, and I can guarantee you I've seen stuff before where I wasn't sure if someone was joking or not, and had to ask one of the other mods.

markTHEblake
19th April 2012, 12:52 PM
If you can't debate an issue without being abusive then don't debate. would like to see you remember this next time you make a comment on any topic involving the R word.

Dotty
19th April 2012, 12:53 PM
Its odd golf has a "zillion" rules we all follow and respect. Yet when rules get introduced into the forum - many get all defensive.

C'mon Dave, we're not posting for sheep stations here.

:)

ps. I agree with the implications of change hysteria. Same as when RBT came in ... 'I won't be able to have a social drink', 'The clubs will go broke' and 'I've done it before and didn't have a crash.'

just
19th April 2012, 01:16 PM
as long as the same rules apply to everyone (which they most certainly haven't in the past) then I'm sure everyone can live with it, its only a golf forum.
Who has had preferential treatment? Don't keep us in suspense!

dave1
19th April 2012, 02:52 PM
would like to see you remember this next time you make a comment on any topic involving the R word. Agree. I have been out of line also. I said Im not perfect. Rules can benefit everyone.

rubin
19th April 2012, 03:11 PM
interesting.....

Dotty
19th April 2012, 03:19 PM
I think we all know all the mods are douchebags and massive control freaks but we just have to suck it up and cop it (no homo)

Love rich
You only get preferential treatment, in case the mods ever win Powerball, buy a hundred acres of farmland and need a course architect. ;)

WBennett
19th April 2012, 03:19 PM
Odds on 69er being banned? One in a brazillion (if only I could post a photo of a Brazillion without getting carded)

BrisVegas
19th April 2012, 03:22 PM
You only get preferential treatment, in case the mods ever win Powerball, buy a hundred acres of farmland and need a course architect. ;)

pfft, Id get Cashmore in. Who doesn't love a nice feature pond/windmill/waterfall/mogul/hidden pot bunker????

goughy
19th April 2012, 03:36 PM
Goughy just so were clear if u play shit tomorrow I will be slagging off at you big time online.

I've played 3 games a year total for like the last 4 years. But I'll allow the slagging off if I don't contribute. But you, Mr course architek, architek for city golf club, if you play crap I'm banning your arse! That preferential enough for ya ;)

KristianJ
19th April 2012, 03:36 PM
Odds on 69er being banned? One in a brazillion (if only I could post a photo of a Brazillion without getting carded)Pele?

Dotty
19th April 2012, 03:44 PM
Pele?

I was tempted to post a picture of Sofia Vergara, but it wouldn't be right.

She's Columbian.

Moe Norman
19th April 2012, 04:24 PM
Who has had preferential treatment? Don't keep us in suspense!

AndyP. A law unto himself

AndyP
19th April 2012, 04:35 PM
You've been at it a long time, but I still won't bite to your trolling.

WBennett
19th April 2012, 05:11 PM
I was tempted to post a picture of Sofia Vergara, but it wouldn't be right.

I think any post of Sofia's vergara might get you a yellow card.

Dotty
19th April 2012, 05:25 PM
I think any post of Sofia's vergara might get you a yellow card.
And over at FROGgolf.net, they did away with 'Vergara gif Vendredi'.

jaybam
21st April 2012, 01:24 PM
Question. Can infraction points be accrued from posts before this system was implemented?

sms316
21st April 2012, 01:28 PM
Question. Can infraction points be accrued from posts before this system was implemented? I hope not.

Yossarian
21st April 2012, 01:29 PM
Question. Can infraction points be accrued from posts before this system was implemented?

That would go against the principles of natural justice.

goughy
21st April 2012, 02:27 PM
We're not retroactively applying infractions. Have better things to do with our time.

jaybam
21st April 2012, 02:38 PM
Ok.i could just imagine the threads that would be mined by vindictive trolls is all.

sms316
21st April 2012, 02:41 PM
We're not retroactively applying infractions. Have better things to do with our time. Even the mods who are public servants?

Zeusgolf
21st April 2012, 03:02 PM
That would go against the principles of natural justice.

F'n lawyers....

Ned
21st April 2012, 03:32 PM
Even the mods who are public servants?

Oi, Council Employees!!;)

Eag's
21st April 2012, 03:54 PM
F'n lawyers....

I think you mean F'n law students.

Zeusgolf
21st April 2012, 04:00 PM

Yes Yes i stand corrected...wait till he comes across me in court ;-)

Yossarian
21st April 2012, 04:02 PM
Yes Yes i stand corrected...wait till he comes across me in court ;-)

That sounds vaguely pornographic.

AndyP
21st April 2012, 04:37 PM
F'n lawyers....

I think you both mean bloody lawyers/law students.

Rule 12.

Eag's
21st April 2012, 04:48 PM
What wrong with flippin? ;)

sms316
21st April 2012, 04:53 PM
A couple of people very fortunate to be shown latitude on swear workarounds after what happened to Lagerlover.

Eag's
21st April 2012, 04:54 PM
Get out your violin Shaun :roll:

sms316
21st April 2012, 04:55 PM
Get out your violin Shaun :roll: Hey. I'm just pointing out how the mods are using common sense now and they should be commended.

Jarro
21st April 2012, 04:57 PM
A couple of people very fortunate to be shown latitude on swear workarounds after what happened to Lagerlover.

I don't think LL was banned was he ?

AndyP
21st April 2012, 04:57 PM
A couple of people very fortunate to be shown latitude on swear workarounds after what happened to Lagerlover.No fortune. Completely different circumstances.

Eag's
21st April 2012, 04:58 PM
Hey. I'm just pointing out how the mods are using common sense now and they should be commended.

Yes...I am sure you are.

sms316
21st April 2012, 04:58 PM
I don't think LL was banned was he ? Not at all. He was given infraction points though I believe.

PeteyD
21st April 2012, 05:21 PM
Nah he spat the dummy about getting infraction points when he admitted the post would attract them. I think. Pity he has gone into self imposed exile.

3oneday
21st April 2012, 05:51 PM
Bat and ball, happens to the best of us.

Peter
21st April 2012, 06:05 PM
Hey. I'm just pointing out how the mods are using common sense now and they should be commended.
You're not concerned that the inconsistent application of these new rules will lead to confusion?

sms316
21st April 2012, 06:07 PM
You're not concerned that the inconsistent application of these new rules will lead to confusion? Of course not. To suggest such a thing might be seen as moderator disrespect. ;)

AndyP
21st April 2012, 06:11 PM
I think you're already going there.

Outcast
21st April 2012, 06:29 PM
I don't get pref treatment even if I am the butt ugliest bloke on here by a ****ry mile.

Fixed it for ya Rich....:lol:

Ferrins
21st April 2012, 07:07 PM
The only thing that sh*ts me on this forum is people altering quotes.

AndyP
21st April 2012, 07:11 PM
The only thing that sh*ts me on this forum is people altering quotes.It's unethical.

kev
21st April 2012, 07:12 PM
It's un-Australian.

+1

Goldy
21st April 2012, 07:29 PM
+2

+3

Outcast
21st April 2012, 07:30 PM
It's unethical.

REALLY!!! Some of you really need to take a chill pill then!

jaybam
21st April 2012, 07:30 PM
+3

+4 ??
Thought i would follow the crowd. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

jaybam
21st April 2012, 07:31 PM
Copying and modifiying other peoples post shows you have no imagination and must use others first. Come up wit something original and people may find it a bit more funny. Just a thought

PeteyD
21st April 2012, 07:34 PM
Don't strain yourself there JB :D

Goldy
21st April 2012, 07:34 PM
Copying and modifiying other peoples post shows you have no imagination and must use others first. Come up wit something original and people may find it a bit more funny. Just a thought

wow

jaybam
21st April 2012, 07:35 PM
sorry. Did i think out loud again. No wonder i get into trouble :)

Yossarian
21st April 2012, 08:10 PM
What have you got into trouble for?

PeteyD
21st April 2012, 08:14 PM
Opening his mouth in the hearing of his wife. Same as most of us :D

kev
21st April 2012, 09:00 PM

But, but, there's nothing original left. It's all on teh interwebs already.

Daves
22nd April 2012, 09:02 AM
What wrong with flippin? ;)

Or flamin' :wink:, though I can't find either of them in the Urban Dictionary under the right abbreviation.:D

goughy
22nd April 2012, 09:30 AM
Or you can go scifi geek and use fracking!

PeteyD
22nd April 2012, 09:55 AM
For the new infraktion system :D

3oneday
22nd April 2012, 02:13 PM
I'll be fracked ? Would it hurt ?

Zeusgolf
22nd April 2012, 04:29 PM
I think you both mean bloody lawyers/law students.

Rule 12.

Sorry

Is 'effin' acceptable ?

sms316
29th April 2012, 07:22 PM
So..... Any action lately?

goughy
29th April 2012, 07:38 PM
Is there something you need to know?

sms316
29th April 2012, 07:41 PM
Am I still a points virgin?

dc68
29th April 2012, 07:43 PM
Have you had a PM advising you aren't? I think you should get a point for asking.

WBennett
29th April 2012, 07:43 PM
I wish Hermit posted here. Or does he?

sms316
29th April 2012, 07:45 PM
Have you had a PM advising you aren't? I think you should get a point for asking. My PM box is empty. I've been a good boy and I congratulate the mods for realising that.

Peter
29th April 2012, 07:51 PM
Sounds like your box is empty and you're still a virgin.

Your mum would be so proud!

Captain Nemo
29th April 2012, 07:55 PM
So is there a spreadsheet on who's on what.....:smt102

goughy
29th April 2012, 08:00 PM
Haven't had the chance to apply infractions under my favorite rule yet, No.2 ZIT.

Lobsta
29th April 2012, 09:47 PM
So is there a spreadsheet on who's on what.....:smt102

No, because Who's on First.

PeteyD
what?

jaybam
I have zero points yet. But have 1 warning. Start your spreadsheeet whit that :)

Yossarian
29th April 2012, 09:48 PM
I also have 1 warning.

PeteyD
29th April 2012, 09:49 PM
Underpants gnomes

Lobsta
29th April 2012, 10:02 PM
what?

No, what's on second

dc68
29th April 2012, 10:38 PM
I also have 1 warning.

+1

Johnny Canuck
30th April 2012, 01:04 AM
I don't know.

idgolfguy
30th April 2012, 01:34 AM
Are you the manager?

Jarro
30th April 2012, 06:17 AM
Ok, this thread is now being closed as it appears to be veering slightly off topic :roll:

If any iof you need a reminder about the new infraction rules, feel free to re-read them in the Announcements section.