PDA

View Full Version : Frequent flyer schemes

bergsey
17th April 2012, 10:09 AM
Long shot here... started a new job and heading to Germany for a week flying Malaysian business class. I'm a Qantas ff member and it looks like Malaysian is joining oneworld this year.

I've signed up for malaysia's ff scheme but does anyone know if I can convert these points to oneworld later? Can't find any reference anywhere

Cheers

rubin
17th April 2012, 10:16 AM
Most of them link up automatically in most situations, but it'd prob be a wait and see at the moment as they art members yet

idgolfguy
17th April 2012, 04:00 PM
Where's the new job?

BrentonJ
19th April 2012, 10:29 AM
Malaysian are only probationary memebers of one world atm so the points and not transferable yet. I asked the same question and got two different answers one was no and the other yes later in the year but it will cost you points to transfer them. I just flew with them to london in Feb and March they were very good make sure you use the Golden Lounge it's prety nice

kpac
20th April 2012, 09:17 AM
I wouldn't think so right now - depends on how the deal is structured when they join the group. Usually able to transfer to some degree. but if you're talking about 1 flight, why not fly Qantas if you want the points? Right now malaysian airline flights can be credited to Velocity points, but you wont be able to get those over to Qantas too easy!

TheTrueReview
20th April 2012, 09:59 AM
Long shot here... started a new job and heading to Germany for a week flying Malaysian business class. I'm a Qantas ff member and it looks like Malaysian is joining oneworld this year.

I've signed up for malaysia's ff scheme but does anyone know if I can convert these points to oneworld later? Can't find any reference anywhere

Cheers

This is an excellent discussion forum for all things frequent flyer. Some serious business travellers are on this site. http://www.australianfrequentflyer.com.au/