PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Anzac Day at Camden Lakeside 10.10am (1 spot available)

jimandr
15th April 2012, 09:14 PM
1 group booked for 10.10am.

There was a fairly late posting of a comp sheet for an Anzac Day comp at Camden Lakeside, so at the moment the sheet is empty after about 10.00. If I get in early I might be able to get two groups together if there are enough takers.

Who wants a game?

KristianJ
15th April 2012, 09:26 PM
Pencil me in please. :)

Peppas
15th April 2012, 09:36 PM
Would love to come to this but I will be in the thralls of study and practice for a work exam in mid May. I'll be so close (Campbelltown) but not able to play :(

Grunt
15th April 2012, 09:55 PM
Possibly Maybe. Will know more later in the week.

Dotty
16th April 2012, 08:05 AM
Yes.

jimandr
19th April 2012, 08:56 PM
As the thread title now shows, I've booked a group for 10.10am, with the three players who have expressed interest.

Can those in pencil confirm (or erase themselves) when convenient.

KristianJ
19th April 2012, 09:10 PM
I'll do so by Saturday, Jim. Just need to make sure that there are no family gatherings planned as well.

KristianJ
23rd April 2012, 08:34 AM
Sorry for the delay, Jim. Was away all weekend and only just remembered to reply.

I'm able to make it rain or otherwise.

Grunt
23rd April 2012, 10:31 AM
Sorry for not getting back to you earlier Jim, Forgot :(
Count me out.

jimandr
25th April 2012, 09:50 PM
I don't blame my colleagues KristianJ and Dotty for being reluctant to report the scores from this game, as neither of them had a good day.

Conditions were as hard as I have ever seen them, with a strong wind blowing, softish fairways after rain yesterday and some difficult pin placements.

I'm happy with my 31, which is much better than the 23's recorded by the other two.

It was the first time I'd met Kristian and seen his game. He found some of the worst parts of Lakeside and he learned that the course can punish errant shots quite severely. But I also saw some good shots and the potential for him to be a much better player. I look forward to playing with him again.

Dotty, on the other hand, was a victim of the conditions today, as was I to some extent. There were a few holes we couldn't reach in regulation, and we were hitting long clubs into most of the other greens due to the wind.

Still, I enjoyed the day.

Dotty
26th April 2012, 08:18 AM
Thanks for the invite and great to catch up again.

I blame four games of golf in four days (and maybe some of the wine). It make me realise that a professional golfer's life isn't just twice the familiar 'two games a week at the local course'.

Conditions were tough and I was very consistent, by sucking at every part of the game. 'Highlight' was the sole par on 11.

Looking forward to next game.