PDA

View Full Version : Konnichiwa.

PeteyD
12th April 2012, 08:44 AM
Happened to be here in Osaka at just the right time for the cherry blossoms. A cold spring has them flowering very late, and normally they would be gone by now. Yesterday it was raining, so there was hardly anyone out there looking at them. Double win!! They really are amazing, and well worth seeing if you get the chance. In Osaka castle you can dress up a bit in Samurai headgear for photos, so the kids had some fun.

Today is bright and sunny, so we will do some more touristy stuff but most likely in large crowds. It will be dry though!

AndyP
12th April 2012, 08:46 AM
Ohayoo.

idgolfguy
12th April 2012, 09:18 AM
Walk the Midosuji subway. Loved Ebisucho for electronics.

Rusty
12th April 2012, 11:20 AM
ahso, now i see the importance of see through umbrellas.

live4golf
12th April 2012, 06:46 PM
Lucky so-and-so. I missed the buggers beause of the cold snap.

TourFit
12th April 2012, 11:08 PM
Love the cherry blossoms!

PeteyD
13th April 2012, 07:00 AM
Very lucky! We headed out again yesterday and the leaves are starting to come out, masses of petals over the ground and in the rivers etc. It was bright and sunny, a lot more people around. Did lots of touristy things, going up buildings and ferris wheels etc and took the kids to Pokemon Centre. Rest day today.

Marto65
13th April 2012, 07:57 AM
How utterly ghey is this thread? ... Makes me want to take the mace out of my handbag and spray someone.

PeteyD
13th April 2012, 08:23 AM
Your lack of ability to get in touch with your feminine side is amazing considering your support of woManly.

PeteyD
14th April 2012, 08:00 AM
Found a golf section in one of the huge department stores here yesterday. Looking at drivers with pricetags over 100000 Yen is scary stuff. I did pick up one of these:
http://www.progolfjapan.com/99/progolfjapan/images/disney-3.jpg

Will hopefully stumble across a golf store in our wanderings so I can look at much overpriced stuff.

They had some chromium balls - http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.volusion.com/hoq56.jmb65/v/vspfiles/photos/A028-2T.jpg
which look rather odd. I might buy some out of interest.

And for more gheyness, Thursday was bright and sunny, we caught a boat to view the cherry blossoms from the river which was quite pleasant. We also visited Osaka Pokemon Centre and Kiddy Land which got the kids excited. Also went up to the top of Umeda Sky building. 35 storeys up a glass walled elevator, then a 4 story escalator ride in a clear tube. Bit hairy if heights are not your thing.
http://www.loneleeplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/umeda-sky-building.jpg

jaybam
14th April 2012, 10:37 AM
Petey how much was the stitch? My daughter collects everything stitch related and would look for one of those.

idgolfguy
14th April 2012, 02:52 PM
Catch a train to Kyoto or Kobe. Not expensive and only 30 mins either way.

TheTrueReview
14th April 2012, 03:09 PM
Don't forget that Osakans say "okini" as thank you rather than "origato". I'm not sure how they say "get a brown dog up ya" ... ;)

idgolfguy
14th April 2012, 07:03 PM
Kansai-ben!

idgolfguy
14th April 2012, 07:11 PM
Don't forget that Osakans say "okini" as thank you rather than "origato". I'm not sure how they say "get a brown dog up ya" ... ;) Ware! - If angry. Nan de ya Nen! - what the ****!

PeteyD
14th April 2012, 09:29 PM
Baka ya na!

Been to Kyoto heaps, and coming back in November, this is just an Osaka trip, staying with friends here.