PDA

View Full Version : Your Worst Nightmare

petethepilot
11th April 2012, 06:59 PM
So it might not happen to you, let me recount a tale of woe.

In late February, I decided (at a whim!) to sell my much loved and perfect condition Miura Baby Blades! I hadn't been playing well and I thought something more cavity back would help me get it around. Assisting that decision was my spending a large amount of money on a driver. I was offered a very generous amount for the iron heads so I decided to sell them and buy a set of Pings. After I paid for the Pings (in the States) the dude (not on this website) buying the Miura's backed out of the sale! This meant I had way too many irons. My initial impressions with the Pings were very positive so I recommitted to selling the Miura's. A lack of buyers meant I had to accept a lower offer (compared to what I had originally planned on) from someone who resides in the UK. He only had so much to spend and was balking at the cost of postage/duty to the UK. So as to make the sale, I accepted this lower amount.

As the heads were small enough to fit in a small box (and only weighed 2.5kg) I checked out Australia Post. Its close and easy. Unfortunately, postage costs to the UK are ridiculous. Using Ozpost's fully trackable premium service (International Express Courier - 3 day service) the cost is $110. The girl said, "do you want insurance"? My little package was going to cost $38 to insure. She reckoned that this service was the best and she had never heard of problems and it was fully trackable! As I was going to have to wear this extra cost on top of a partial subsidy for the postage, I therefore declined insurance!!!!!!

Package goes and leaves the country the next day. Trouble is that's it! It never arrives in the UK! I try and track it, I ring them up repeatedly. They won't even start an investigation until it is 10 working days after I reported the problem. I was 'never' contacted by them. Any information was only obtained after excessive waits on hold to there enquiry line. After 30 days, OzPost have finally admitted it was lost along with a group of parcels that somehow disappeared prior to being received by customs in the UK! SORRY about that...have a nice day!

I had hoped Paypal would assist. They instead indebted me with the full amount when the guy in the UK activated a claim against the transaction! They will only refund if fraud occurred or if there was proof of it being delivered to the Paypal address which I didn't have.

End result. Buyer got his money back......off me! OzPost said "Sorry but case closed" but generously offered $50 compensation and when pressed a refund of the $110 postage costs. Still waiting on both!
So I am out of pocket >$800 and my Muira's are now with some dirtbag (probably in the UK) after being stolen! (Hope he plays like shit with them!)

Don't Use OzPost.
Don't send anything without insurance.
Read the fine print (I had to use a magnifying glass on the fine print on the back of the Courier note!)
Don't make club purchases on a Whim!

Pete :x:(

Yossarian
11th April 2012, 07:01 PM
That is awful!

Are the pings ok?

sms316
11th April 2012, 07:02 PM
Should have got the baggage handlers to take care of it.

timah!
11th April 2012, 07:05 PM
Faaaark...
That sucks Pete :(

Lagerlover
11th April 2012, 07:10 PM
That's a shocker of a story Pete, $110 only for some prick to lose them.
Would have thought for that money it would include some sort of insurance.

paulyboy
11th April 2012, 07:15 PM
Oh dear, I just sent $1600 of Scotty Cameron headcovers to the States with Aus Post and balked at the more expensive option.
This story makes me verrrry nervous.
I'm really sorry Pete, it sucks.

petethepilot
11th April 2012, 07:18 PM
Should have got the baggage handlers to take care of it.

They probably did!

Ferrins
11th April 2012, 07:19 PM
Happy to reimburse you $1 for the one shot I had with the 8 iron.

Lagerlover
11th April 2012, 07:20 PM
Oh dear, I just sent $1600 of Scotty Cameron headcovers to the States with Aus Post and balked at the more expensive option.
This story makes me verrrry nervous.
I'm really sorry Pete, it sucks.

Seriously, $1600 and no insurance???

Hux
11th April 2012, 07:34 PM
Egads that is crap. You got the serial numbers? You could record them as stolen both in Aus and with the British police at the point of entry into the UK (Gatwick?).

Iain
11th April 2012, 07:38 PM
Ouch.... :(

Webster
11th April 2012, 07:38 PM
No insurance is a schoolboy error for something like that. Bummer.

rubin
11th April 2012, 07:47 PM
Unlucky Pete. Shit form by the bloke who stole em.

Leon Phelps
11th April 2012, 07:57 PM
That blows. Feel for you man

Eldrick
11th April 2012, 08:56 PM
ouch.but i do remember reading somewhere someone having success for a claim in a similar circumstance with a laptop

markTHEblake
11th April 2012, 09:02 PM
My worst nightmare was always turning up to school without my pants on.

Tongueboy
11th April 2012, 09:06 PM
bumping into an ex

Dotty
11th April 2012, 09:07 PM
My worst nightmare was always turning up to school without my pants on.
As a 10yo or as a 44yo?

Webster
11th April 2012, 09:08 PM
bumping into an ex

All of them at once?

Tongueboy
11th April 2012, 09:13 PM
i know two of the sluts talk to each other. moles must miss me

Cosmopolite
11th April 2012, 09:23 PM
bumping into an ex

+1 and has happened on a couple of occasions. eeeeeeeekkkkkkk

Muscles
11th April 2012, 09:34 PM
bumping into an ex

Have to see my ex wife at least once a week when i pick up my boy. It's never fun. I actually like her girlfriend more than her.

Johnny Canuck
11th April 2012, 09:34 PM
Not enough people know the true value of JDM.

meh
11th April 2012, 09:45 PM
Have to see my ex wife at least once a week when i pick up my boy. It's never fun. I actually like her girlfriend more than her.

A collingwood and a manure united supporter?!?

Dcanto
11th April 2012, 10:07 PM
That blows. Feel for you man

+1

Johnny Canuck
11th April 2012, 10:30 PM
Have to see my ex wife at least once a week when i pick up my boy. It's never fun. I actually like her girlfriend more than her. Pics?

HCC
11th April 2012, 11:35 PM
Fully trackable should include some sort of insurance mate, u made me ver nervous I just sent a putter to a mate resides in Finland oh no!

IanO
12th April 2012, 11:09 AM
That really sucks! Is making me rethink insurance vs no insurance when I post stuff.

TR66
13th April 2012, 05:02 PM
Pics?

Of the ex wife or the girlfriend or both together.

BTW i have no pics of the ex the girlfriend or botth of them together.

Oh and Pete thats gotta hurt, man those were beutiful things even in the pictures you could tell they were class.