PDA

View Full Version : WA: Possibly looking for a game for this Saturday (14/4/2012)

Jeffo1123
10th April 2012, 10:19 PM
Hey guys...

Just putting out a feeler for a round this Saturday as Kwinana has a mixed 4BBB comp on. I would play in that but it is a 2 day event and I fly out to Sydney for work Sunday morning so I can't commit for the 2nd day. Haven't really played with many of you as I'm relatively new to the forum but am keen to meet some other golfers.

I've only been playing at a club for about 3 months and I'm playing off an 18 handicap (and on the way down :lol:). Would need to tee off before 11:30 probably at the latest as I have a basketball game Saturday night. Obviously the closer to Kwinana/Rockingham area would be ideal but I'm not expecting much, just thought I'd see what was out there!!

Cheers for taking the time to read!!!

Johnny Canuck
10th April 2012, 10:25 PM
Shadesy, hook him up at Kennedy.

I'm playing in a 36 holer at Lakelands on Sunday, so I can't help you out on Sat.

If Rubin invites you to Rockingham, don't use the urinal beside him.

rubin
10th April 2012, 10:26 PM
11.28 at rocko if your interested.

rubin
10th April 2012, 10:27 PM
Shadesy, hook him up at Kennedy.

I'm playing in a 36 holer at Lakelands on Sunday, so I can't help you out on Sat.

If Rubin invites you to Rockingham, don't use the urinal beside him.

Funny ****er.

Jeffo1123
10th April 2012, 10:27 PM
Geez you get around to all different courses don't you! Can't wait till I get down to those single figures - hopefully soon - and then I might start playing at all these different courses!

Shadesy
10th April 2012, 10:28 PM
I see what i can do! Will be earlish though jeffo!

Actually there is a 4bbb matchplay thingo on which I managed to get out of, so there is a separate comp! I'm in at first tee at 7am, I'll see if there's a 2 slots somewhere?

Cool?

Pm golflink and name jeffo!

hocko
10th April 2012, 10:29 PM
Geez you get around to all different courses don't you! Can't wait till I get down to those single figures - hopefully soon - and then I might start playing at all these different courses!
What shit are you filling this guys head with Canuck?

Johnny Canuck
10th April 2012, 10:31 PM
I am going to be in double figures soon enough. No game at the moment.

Johnny Canuck
10th April 2012, 10:31 PM
I am going to be in double figures soon enough. No game at the moment.

I might add it is called "Doing a Hocko", going from 3 to 9+.

Shadesy
10th April 2012, 10:37 PM
I'm coming down baby! 2 shots in 3 rounds! Singles here I come!

Jeffo1123
10th April 2012, 11:03 PM
Cheers for the offer Rubin, but the earlier tee off time could be the deciding factor. And I am yet to play the Bay so would like to give it a crack! My driver has been hitting quite straight lately so it would be good if it maintained that form for a links course that I'm sure would punish you when it's not going straight!

Pm sent Shadesy!

Shadesy
11th April 2012, 05:00 PM
No luck at KB this weekend sorry Mate.

rubin
11th April 2012, 05:04 PM
just about to post here - I've got 2 slots at 8.38 if your keen Jeffo and Shadesy. Single Stableford.

Shadesy
11th April 2012, 05:13 PM
Probably a bit late for me Rubes this Saturday as I am out in the arvo...

I'd be in if there was something earlier, keen to test my game at another course.

rubin
11th April 2012, 05:16 PM
thats the earliest mate. 3 blokes who were booked in then moved to a later slot.

Johnny Canuck
11th April 2012, 05:21 PM
thats the earliest mate. 3 blokes who were booked in then moved to a later slot. Good to see you have a rep.

rubin
11th April 2012, 05:29 PM
Good to see you have a rep.

again - funny ****er.

i'm actually currently booked in at 7.58 in a full grouping, but willing to move it to help out another ozgolfer.

Johnny Canuck
11th April 2012, 05:36 PM
That group should open up soon.

rubin
11th April 2012, 05:40 PM
the old boys love playing in my group. They're stoked to be playing with anyone who can hit the ball 200m or more.

Jeffo1123
11th April 2012, 05:45 PM
Shutup JC! Your making me not want to play with Rubin haha

I'd be more than happy to play at 8:38 rubes if you are willing to, it's fine if your not!

Let me know and I'll shoot you through name and golf link number if need be

rubin
11th April 2012, 05:51 PM
happy to mate. consider it done.

Yep PM me your GL and name and i'll book it in.

Jeffo1123
11th April 2012, 06:04 PM
Cheers appreciate it!

InsaltZ
11th April 2012, 08:57 PM
In the same boat being a kwinana member someone usually organises a game elsewhere. last time it was at Kennedy bay (I hate that track) I will probably have a week off maybe just go hit some balls in the morning then do stuff at home. If my new shafts arrive by then will reshaft my Irons. I feel kind of empty just thinking about no golf on a saturday

rubin
11th April 2012, 08:59 PM
There's another spot mate. Feel free to join.

Shadesy
11th April 2012, 09:01 PM
In the same boat being a kwinana member someone usually organises a game elsewhere. last time it was at Kennedy bay (I hate that track) I will probably have a week off maybe just go hit some balls in the morning then do stuff at home. If my new shafts arrive by then will reshaft my Irons. I feel kind of empty just thinking about no golf on a saturday

Hate KB as in it's layout? or just that it beats you up time and time again ;-) ??

rubin
11th April 2012, 09:03 PM
Hate KB as in it's layout? or just that it beats you up time and time again ;-) ??

If its ur first go playing there, and your not playing with someone who knows their way around, I can understand why u wouldn't like it. After 2 or 3 rounds - it's completely different and a great course

InsaltZ
Where and what time

rubin
just about to post here - I've got 2 slots at 8.38 if your keen Jeffo and Shadesy. Single Stableford.

This time at rocko

InsaltZ
11th April 2012, 09:08 PM
I'm keen I haven't played Rockinham in about ten years

rubin
11th April 2012, 09:09 PM
If ur interested PM me ur name and Golflink number. I'll book it in tomorrow

Jeffo1123
11th April 2012, 09:38 PM
So does that mean your joining us too Insaltz???

rubin
11th April 2012, 09:45 PM
I believe he is.

MegaWatty
12th April 2012, 12:43 AM
If its ur first go playing there, and your not playing with someone who knows their way around, I can understand why u wouldn't like it. After 2 or 3 rounds - it's completely different and a great course I cannot understand. The first time I played it was with my Dad and neither of us had played it before. We both walked off with the biggest smiles on our faces because we had just experienced one of the most amazing courses we'd ever played. First time to the last time. I have loved that track every single time.

Golfnut
12th April 2012, 01:09 AM
I totally agree.

InsaltZ
12th April 2012, 06:38 AM
If its ur first go playing there, and your not playing with someone who knows their way around, I can understand why u wouldn't like it. After 2 or 3 rounds - it's completely different and a great course

Maybe I will have to go back and play KB again But not knowing the layout I seemed to be in all the wrong places and the course was not in the best knick,unmowed grainy bumpy greens, unraked bunkers The course looked unloved the day I played there and was unloved some more by me.

Veefore
12th April 2012, 09:51 PM
I cannot understand. The first time I played it was with my Dad and neither of us had played it before. We both walked off with the biggest smiles on our faces because we had just experienced one of the most amazing courses we'd ever played. First time to the last time. I have loved that track every single time.

I'm like InsaltZ, the first time I played it I found it stupid and in worse condition than a public course. At the time I thought that it was no wonder the previous owners had gone under and that the new operators were wasting their time trying to revive it.

After my 2nd round I like it better but still don't have a clue where to hit it on some holes.

For me I think it is one of those courses that the more I play it the more I will like it.

Shadesy
12th April 2012, 10:17 PM
I'm not sure I understand the where to hit it part!

One major dogleg in the whole course!
Hit it straight and short or over the bunkers!

Simple ;-)

Nothin you would change at the course Mega?? ;-)

rubin
12th April 2012, 10:30 PM
I'm not sure I understand the where to hit it part!

One major dogleg in the whole course!
Hit it straight and short or over the bunkers!

Simple ;-)

Nothin you would change at the course Mega?? ;-)

U know as well as I do (and everyone else who has ever played it) that there are definately some places that u don't want your ball to be - whether it's on the fairway or not. Eg. On 11' u don't really want to be on the right hand side of the fairway off the tee. Or 12, you don't want to be anywhere on the left hand side of the fairway, you want to be top right side. Or on 4, you don't really want to be on the left side of the fairway cause there is a good chance of the ball running off to the left if you are, good shot or not.

I think that's what he's getting at

Johnny Canuck
12th April 2012, 10:32 PM
The course is all about position, sunshine. There are certain spots to hit where you can get away with mistakes.

Johnny Canuck
12th April 2012, 10:35 PM
U know as well as I do (and everyone else who has ever played it) that there are definately some places that u don't want your ball to be - whether it's on the fairway or not. Eg. On 11' u don't really want to be on the right hand side of the fairway off the tee. Or 12, you don't want to be anywhere on the left hand side of the fairway, you want to be top right side. Or on 4, you don't really want to be on the left side of the fairway cause there is a good chance of the ball running off to the left if you are, good shot or not.I think that's what he's getting at Agree with RubIn's theory, but not necessarily agree about 11&12. Right on 11 is a much safer play off the tee. Those two bunkers left are ball magnets.Depending on wind and pin position, the left approach on 12 can be good also.

rubin
12th April 2012, 10:41 PM
Fair point. I would always prefer a shot at the green that I could see that's all, but I can see what ur saying

Shadesy
12th April 2012, 10:45 PM
It's funny, the blind wedge from the bottom of the hill on 12 is my favourite shot on the course!

I guess I'm a weirdo!

I stand corrected re: KB

TourFit
12th April 2012, 10:56 PM
I agree Shadesy, to a degree, and disagree with Rubin about the left side of 12 being that bad. The secret is knowing your wedge distances, and being able to hit to them. If you can do that, then the fact that it's blind doesn't matter.

I eagled that hole from that spot...but didn't see it. My wife found the ball in the hole (that IS what she said!)

rubin
12th April 2012, 10:59 PM
I agree Shadesy, to a degree, and disagree with Rubin about the left side of 12 being that bad. The secret is knowing your wedge distances, and being able to hit to them. If you can do that, then the fact that it's blind doesn't matter.

I eagled that hole from that spot...but didn't see it. My wife found the ball in the hole (that IS what she said!)

Arn't u meant to be in Bali?

Yossarian
12th April 2012, 11:12 PM
I birdied 11 from the right, blind iron shot in. Won lots of internet money.

TourFit
12th April 2012, 11:45 PM
Arn't u meant to be in Bali?

I'm in Bali.

Hotel has wi-fi you know. That's the cool thing about the internet, you don't have to be in the same place!

rubin
14th April 2012, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the game lads. We didnt exactly set the course alight, but had fun anyways.

Johnny Canuck
14th April 2012, 04:57 PM
Scores?

rubin
14th April 2012, 05:12 PM
Rubin - 30
Insaltz - 29
Jeffo - 24.

Some very tough pin positions today. In hindsight definately shouldnt have played some of the shots i went for - but u get that.

Hopefully i can recover those shots tomorrow at meadow springs.

Jeffo1123
14th April 2012, 05:24 PM
Jeffo - 24..... DELICIOUS!

Just to sum up my day... after having 8 pars last stableford round, I had a big fat 0 pars today.... yet managed to have a tap in birdie on the 11th which is rated the hardest hole on the course! Would have definitely substituted that for a lot more 2 pointers..

Cheers for the game Rubin and Insaltz!

Johnny Canuck
14th April 2012, 05:27 PM
Hackers. Jeffo, you keep safe at the urinals?

hocko
14th April 2012, 05:42 PM
Rubin - 30
Insaltz - 29
Jeffo - 24.

Oh Dear!

Jeffo1123
14th April 2012, 05:45 PM
Hackers. Jeffo, you keep safe at the urinals?

Very safe.... the least safe I felt was on about every hole when I was going to look for my ball in the bush!

rubin
14th April 2012, 05:45 PM
Dont get me wrong - there was some great golf. Jeffos bird was the result of an awesome 6i that rolled out to within a foot.

rubin
14th April 2012, 05:47 PM
Very safe.... the least safe I felt was on about every hole when I was going to look for my ball in the bush!

Its snake season!

Golfnut
14th April 2012, 08:16 PM
It's funny, the blind wedge from the bottom of the hill on 12 is my favourite shot on the course!I guess I'm a weirdo!I stand corrected re: KB This is the only way I (have) played 12....gimme a wedge in anytime.