PDA

View Full Version : NSW: Good Friday 11.24am at Camden Lakeside - room for one player

jimandr
3rd April 2012, 10:16 PM
As a result of discussions in another thread, I arranged a game as above with three other OzGolfers. One has withdrawn, but if someone wants to talk golf with Jono, TS and myself, there is a vacant spot at the moment.

If someone wants it, PM me by late Wednesday evening so I can ring the club and change the names on Thursday.

Stuartd147
4th April 2012, 06:20 AM
Jim I can make it if the spot is still available.....I am playing with Jono today so will work out travel together.......Stu

jimandr
4th April 2012, 10:08 PM
First in, best dressed, and you are first in, Stuart.

While Lakeside has relaxed its dress code a bit, don't wear your John Daly-style harlequin trousers though.

See you Friday.

Stuartd147
5th April 2012, 08:24 AM
...While Lakeside has relaxed its dress code a bit, don't wear your John Daly-style harlequin trousers though.

See you Friday.

Damn!

jimandr
6th April 2012, 06:47 PM
A quick recap may be appropriate for the few NSW Ozgolfers interested in the actual playing of golf as opposed to talking about it.

It was an absolutely perfect golfing day weatherwise, and I'm not just saying that because I has a very good day. The course was in good nick, with the greens pretty good considering coring and sanding 10 days ago.

The scores:

Jimandr 39
Jono 35
Stuart147 34
TS 27.

Jono is the best 18 handicap in Australia. Do anything to be his partner in a fourball when he straightens out his swing and stops spraying his shots 50m left or 50m right. He lost at least six golf balls and still played to handicap.

Thanks for making the journey guys. I thoroughly enjoyed the day.

Grunt
6th April 2012, 07:58 PM
It certainly was a good day and the fact I was almost home from registration in time to play highlighted that fact.

Stuartd147
7th April 2012, 05:08 AM
Well done Jim, great finish (birdie par par 9 points!!!), and thanks for the invite we had a great day.

Jono
7th April 2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks for inviting us to your home course, Jim. There's one hole at Camden Lakeside that I always play well... The driving range. ;)

that was the best I've seen Jim play. He shot 75 and the course was rated 73. Just goes to show that if you are straight and putt well, you'll score well.