PDA

View Full Version : Putter fitting

bdoug10
26th March 2012, 09:26 PM
Should I bother or just hit a heap at Drummond and buy what I like?

timah!
26th March 2012, 09:36 PM
You should hit a heap on course, and see what you like...

Dangals
26th March 2012, 09:37 PM
I used to think that it was a matter of just finding something that fits the eye but for something that you are likely to use at least once on every hole I think it is just as important to be fitted for a putter as it is or anything else - I am booking in for a putter fitting session myself and wouldn't be surprised if I need a new putter afterwards

kitsoasis
26th March 2012, 09:38 PM
I like the option about hitting a heap, that's how I choose anyway.

They should have one of those Ping fitting putters there so you at least know you have a good length putter. And be mindful to try a range of headshapes and necks styles

PShaw
26th March 2012, 09:40 PM
When I putter fit customers, I always take some video and more recently use the i ping app to determine what type of stroke a players has. This is important as different putters will affect a stroke differently. for example a straight back and through stroke doesnt suit heel shafted putters so stay away. I would have done about 30 putter fittings over the last year and always end up fitting the customer into a putter that works although it isnt always what they originally had in mind.

Hope this helps. sometimes the local teaching pros know a little more than the retail guys and the advice may be helpful and FREE

markTHEblake
26th March 2012, 09:46 PM
Pete, I might be interested in seeing you for a fitting assessment. I will be in touch, when I get some spare time. Saturday mornings?
(wont need a putter though,, I kinda know where I can put my hand on any style for nix)

bdoug10
26th March 2012, 09:58 PM
Any one you can recommend in Brisbane?

timah!
26th March 2012, 10:04 PM
Any one you can recommend in Brisbane?

SAM puttlab at Vic Park range?

bdoug10
26th March 2012, 10:10 PM
Ok thanks any idea on the cost?

timah!
26th March 2012, 10:26 PM
Nope, no idea...just a suggestion, but a phone call to them will give you a rough idea i'd say...