irishamateur
24th March 2012, 08:40 AM
Reckon Tiger has this in the bag!

oncewasagolfer
24th March 2012, 08:42 AM
Big call with 36 holes remaining:)

timah!
24th March 2012, 09:04 AM
I reckon he'll give it a run. Will be good.

How about G-Mac's round though!

sms316
24th March 2012, 09:05 AM
Tiger leading after 36 at Bay Hill is as close to a certainty as anything in golf. Well, it used to be.

dhills2
24th March 2012, 10:02 AM
Go G-Mac! Though you'd think if Tiger was going to break through it'd be this week at Bay Hill.

Ashes
24th March 2012, 11:10 AM
Shame Chalmers couldn't produce the goods. Would have been great to see him sneak into the Masters after the summer he had.

rubin
24th March 2012, 12:34 PM
Tiger leading after 36 at Bay Hill is as close to a certainty as anything in golf. Well, it used to be.

The first sentence is the surprising thing as well. Especially his stats for the last round.

306yds avg off the tee. 17/18 greens!

timinsa
24th March 2012, 01:30 PM
I'm keen to see if he can put together 4 rounds. His Saturdays have been all over the joint.

TheTrueReview
24th March 2012, 03:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1MgHPFHmLjI

TR66
24th March 2012, 03:33 PM
i'm going out on a limb and say Bubba will bounce back and win in a playoff with Wi and G-Mac.

I think Tiger will fold.

dave1
25th March 2012, 12:09 PM
Just watched round 3

Tiger was solid - what stood out was his body language inbetween shots - positive - odd smile - banter with Wi and caddies.

Only one bad hook that landed in someones front yard.

Gmac played super.Noticed Mcdowell has lost some weight.Putted great too.

Els was solid - thanfully no muppets asking dumb questions in the post round interview either!

Will tiger win - I have no idea.I HOPE he does.

Will get up early and watch it tomorrow.

TheTrueReview
25th March 2012, 12:54 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/545727_10150605920266330_10643196329_9543426_33712 4787_n.jpg

timah!
25th March 2012, 05:00 PM
I'm sick of idiot Yanks making noise during play. Morons... Could have cost Tiger big time...

dave1
25th March 2012, 06:26 PM
Hmm probably happens to allot of players

Some players handle it differently.

I have to say his attitude and body language is so much more positive than a year ago

sms316
25th March 2012, 08:01 PM
I'm sick of idiot Yanks making noise during play. Morons... Could have cost Tiger big time... Due to crowd numbers Tiger cops that rubbish more than anyone else, but I honestly can't remember it ever getting him before. I've seen him stop his swing before but never a complete spray .

timah!
25th March 2012, 08:08 PM
True, but seriously. Who cares if you can hear yourself on the tv when you get home?

dave1
25th March 2012, 09:29 PM
It was a bad shot.

Cooper
26th March 2012, 12:57 AM
I think Ernie might take a bit of beating. How often do you see it where someone who has snatched defeat from the jaws of victory wins the next time they are in contention? Stanley is the most obvious recently but it happens fairly frequently.

dave1
26th March 2012, 02:36 AM
I hope tiger wins.I don't quite know why?

Good for golf.

Gmac will play steady - its tigers to lose.

Jarro
26th March 2012, 05:23 AM
G-Mac doubles the first to give Tiger a 3 shot lead after 1 :roll:

I hope G-Mac, Ernie and Poulter don't just give it to him on a plate !

Iain
26th March 2012, 07:47 AM
I'm sick of idiot Yanks making noise during play. Morons... Could have cost Tiger big time...Some women's son fainted behind the 15th tee, and she yelled out.

TheTrueReview
26th March 2012, 08:12 AM
Some women's son fainted behind the 15th tee, and she yelled out.

I heard two versions - (1) a woman screamed out in a hospitality tent, and (2) your one. Anyone got any further details?

Jarro
26th March 2012, 08:31 AM
I heard two versions - (1) a woman screamed out in a hospitality tent, and (2) your one. Anyone got any further details?

Commentators just mentioned the fainting story i believe

Hamo84
26th March 2012, 09:29 AM
Tiger with a 5 shot lead - safely on the green on the last

Very happy to see him win again on tour

Hamo84
26th March 2012, 09:33 AM
Tiger has it in the bag, shot a 70 to win by 5.

oncewasagolfer
26th March 2012, 09:42 AM
Bring on Augusta

matty
26th March 2012, 11:05 AM
The two times tiger has won since the 'troubles' have both been invitationals with weaker than normal fields. I'm not yet convinced he's back.

TheTrueReview
26th March 2012, 11:06 AM
Finally his (victory) red shirt meant something.

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/536502_10150607721541330_10643196329_9552596_14372 35828_n.jpg

markTHEblake
26th March 2012, 01:26 PM
I wouldn't get excited about Tiger winning a chook run.

Iain
26th March 2012, 01:39 PM
Umm, it had a full field of 120 players, so not sure why it's a chook run? It's not like the chevron which only had 20 odd players.

3oneday
26th March 2012, 01:57 PM
Hasn't Bubba won twice this year ? Credit where credit is due. I still doubt his ability to win another major, but he's closer than he was.

TheTrueReview
26th March 2012, 02:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Fsz1uGoi3kU

Shadesy
26th March 2012, 02:17 PM
I counted at Least 15 Major Champions in that field...

Calling it a Chook Raffle says a lot about finding negatives in a win.

Would you say the Same if Adam Scott or Steven Bowditch won?

TheAwesom1
26th March 2012, 03:52 PM
First Real Win for tiger. Field was abit weak but you can only play against who is their. Don't count last years win in his own comp. How he got world ranking points for that i don't know.

Eag's
26th March 2012, 06:18 PM
I would say there would be quite a few players starting to feel a little nervous again with Tiger in the field.
Sure it wasn't a full field with all the top players, but he seemed to have that look back in his eye. I think he will go from strength to strength from here on.

dhills2
26th March 2012, 06:27 PM
Big step in the right direction for him. It'll be interesting to see if it helps him turn a corner mentally. He looked pretty composed throughout... even after he almost put that one in the pool during the 3rd round. It has certainly made the start of the year most interesting on tour. As always, if he keeps it in play off the tee I think he'll be there when it counts next week. Should make the odds a bit juicier on others more likely for the punters as well :-)

markTHEblake
26th March 2012, 06:45 PM
Umm, it had a full field of 120 players, so not sure why it's a chook run?

It's relative!

dave1
26th March 2012, 07:25 PM
Its good for him and golf that he won

I thought he'd win - well done

His body language all tournament was excellent. Even after a bad shot!

Yossarian
26th March 2012, 07:36 PM
I thought he would withdraw. So I put cash on it.

hopeihitstraight
26th March 2012, 08:19 PM
Tiger will win the chook run called The Masters

Iain
26th March 2012, 09:10 PM
Its good for him and golf that he won

I thought he'd win - well done

His body language all tournament was excellent. Even after a bad shot!

You thought he'd win, really? Is he still going to withdraw from the Masters if not in contention?

dave1
27th March 2012, 01:37 AM
Yup!

He was winning so he was getting all the attention he craved.

I love tigers golf - its all the other crap I don't like

goughy
27th March 2012, 07:52 AM
Said on the news this morning that tiger is now the favourite for the masters. one win to favourite?

BGH
27th March 2012, 08:53 AM
Said on the news this morning that tiger is now the favourite for the masters. one win to favourite?

He was favourite back in January without having won

http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/27140-2012-US-Masters-Early-Betting

Yossarian
27th March 2012, 11:03 AM
Yup!

He was winning so he was getting all the attention he craved.

I love tigers golf - its all the other crap I don't like

How far back does he need to be, in terms of shots, to withdraw to get attention?

This is awesome work btw. Genuinely subtle trolling, the groundwork you have done is painstaking.

Jarro
27th March 2012, 11:20 AM

Oh yeah, he'll be favourite to win every event he enters now :roll:

gimme a break

Moe Norman
27th March 2012, 11:24 AM
The two times tiger has won since the 'troubles' have both been invitationals with weaker than normal fields. I'm not yet convinced he's back.

The Masters is an invitational with weaker than normal fields, so maybe he'll win that too?

idgolfguy
27th March 2012, 11:27 AM
Well pointed out.
Augusta suits eye and game. He also enjoys putting there.

Pieface
27th March 2012, 11:35 AM
That was the big difference to my eye at this one. He closed out with the putter like he hasn't done for a long while.

Driving stats were impressive but he never really seems to struggle to get to the green even when he is wayward.

Ii think a Tigger win earlyish in the season is a good thing.

idgolfguy
27th March 2012, 11:39 AM
Ignoring the last two years, he seems to be back to where he was prior.

matty
27th March 2012, 11:56 AM
The Masters is an invitational with weaker than normal fields, so maybe he'll win that too?

Stupid comment Moe. Do you want to clarify?

Tomson
27th March 2012, 12:02 PM
I didn't know the top 50 in world were all choppers.

sms316
27th March 2012, 12:08 PM
The Masters is an invitational with weaker than normal fields, so maybe he'll win that too? Nice troll. In case it isn't, who isn't in the Masters field who you think would have been a genuine chance of winning?

Jarro
27th March 2012, 12:11 PM
Nice troll. In case it isn't, who isn't in the Masters field who you think would have been a genuine chance of winning?

igolf

PerryGroves
27th March 2012, 12:22 PM
Nice troll. In case it isn't, who isn't in the Masters field who you think would have been a genuine chance of winning?

Fair to say the Masters have altered the invitational to a qualifying piece, the Top 50 get in and PGA winners from this season and the previous. if you have enough form you get a start. Notable absentees are Els, Goosen, Overton (may be in the big house) and maybe Manassero (they did give Ryo a free pass).

Moe Norman
27th March 2012, 12:34 PM
Stupid comment Moe. Do you want to clarify?

Not really. I've been pretty clear.

It's an invitational and the field is often weaker than a regular PGA Tour event.

I didn't know the top 50 in world were all choppers.

Either did I? How many times have PGA Tour events and/or majors been won by players outside the Top 50? I'd suggest the number is extremely high.

Limiting the field size and only inviting the Top 50 and other exempt players, weakens the depth of the field.

Any non exempt player ranked 51-150, but for the sake of the argument - lets go with Ernie Els, Retief Goosen, Camillo Villegas, Anthony Kim, Matteo Manassero, Charlie Wi, Charley Hoffman, Ross Fisher, JB Holmes & Jerry Kelly without giving it too much thought. Not even sure if YE Yang and Furyk are in are they?

sms316
27th March 2012, 12:53 PM
If any of those listed were carrying any sort of form they would have qualified. The Masters has a habit of finding the best player as champion unlike the British Open which is played on cow paddocks where the ball bounces all over the place. You won't find too many Todd Hamilton's on the Masters honor roll. Maybe Immelmann goes close, but not many others.

matty
27th March 2012, 01:02 PM
Not really. I've been pretty clear.

It's an invitational and the field is often weaker than a regular PGA Tour event.

My apologies. Thought you were taking the piss that it was as weak as the two fields in the invitationals that he won.
I don't agree that it would be weaker than a regular PGA event due to the qualifying criteria but I stand to be corrected/convinced.

Daves
27th March 2012, 01:13 PM
If any of those listed were carrying any sort of form they would have qualified. The Masters has a habit of finding the best player as champion unlike the British Open which is played on cow paddocks where the ball bounces all over the place. You won't find too many Todd Hamilton's on the Masters honor roll. Maybe Immelmann goes close, but not many others.

Mike is OK then?

sms316
27th March 2012, 01:16 PM
Mike is OK then? Ha! I'll raise you an Ian Baker-Finch

Tomson
27th March 2012, 01:37 PM
Only 3 of the winners on the USPGA this year are not in the top 50 in World Golf Rankings. I think that is a pretty good indication that the Masters this year will be very strong field.

Moe Norman
27th March 2012, 01:39 PM

thats because they exclude them to keep the winners list prestigious and make it easier for top ranked players to win....

If it were about form, they would play qualifiers like the other 3 majors.

sms316
27th March 2012, 01:44 PM
thats because they exclude them to keep the winners list prestigious and make it easier for top ranked players to win....If it were about form, they would play qualifiers like the other 3 majors. They have had 12 months to show form. I'd suggest that form over a year is more important than a flash on the pan 18 holes.

Moe Norman
27th March 2012, 01:51 PM
Only 3 of the winners on the USPGA this year are not in the top 50 in World Golf Rankings. I think that is a pretty good indication that the Masters this year will be very strong field.

Thats rather disengenous of you.

How many of them moved into the Top 50, by winning a PGA Tour event?

Having a quick cross reference of ranking archives and winners tells me that of 12 events this year, 5 have been won by players outside the Top 50, and 4 of these were blokes ranked outside the Top 150. (Wagner, Stanley, Huh, McNeil) - Wilson was ranked in the 60's.

Tomson
27th March 2012, 02:13 PM

How many of them moved into the Top 50, by winning a PGA Tour event?

Having a quick cross reference of ranking archives and winners tells me that of 12 events this year, 5 have been won by players outside the Top 50, and 4 of these were blokes ranked outside the Top 150. (Wagner, Stanley, Huh, McNeil) - Wilson was ranked in the 60's.

Have a read of that again Moe, I said that 3 of the winners on the USPGA are not in the top 50. I didn't say anything about winning to get into the top 50, but thank you for pointing that out. I agree with SMS in that I would rather see a field that has done very well over the past 12 months then a flash in the pan winner.

Also please keep your insults to yourself I have never insulted you and find that very childish of you to do so.

Moe Norman
27th March 2012, 02:56 PM
Where have I insulted you?

5 of 12 were outside the Top 50 when they won. So by making it Top 50 only, you're eliminating a large % of potential winners, thus weakening the field. Given over 40% of PGA Tour wins this year have been won by guys outside the Top 50....

I wasn't arguing whether its right or wrong to do so, just pointing out that is a folly to criticise a win at the Arnold Palmer because its an invitational, when the Masters is also an invitational!

The Masters method has ensured the winners lists remains more prestigious, but it also ensures its easier to win because the field lacks depth compared to other events.

rubin
27th March 2012, 03:12 PM
Where have I insulted you?

5 of 12 were outside the Top 50 when they won. So by making it Top 50 only, you're eliminating a large % of potential winners, thus weakening the field. Given over 40% of PGA Tour wins this year have been won by guys outside the Top 50....

I wasn't arguing whether its right or wrong to do so, just pointing out that is a folly to criticise a win at the Arnold Palmer because its an invitational, when the Masters is also an invitational!

The Masters method has ensured the winners lists remains more prestigious, but it also ensures its easier to win because the field lacks depth compared to other events.

Respectfully - I disagree and i think many other people do as well.

If we take your reasoning and logic then almost every single major sporting event in the world eliminates a large % of winners and is a weak field.

For the Masters, each player on tour has a 12 month qualifying period. if they dont get to a certain point - they miss out. The better players get through. It is a tournament for the best of the best - not the people who are drawcards.

and to re-iterate my point with an example:
100m sprint at the Olympics - Any person in the world has a period of approx 18 months prior to make the qualifying time - if they don't, they miss out on competing at all.

Wimbledon - Same thing. And surely you cant say that the field for that event is weak.

I think your forgetting that for almost any event be it golf or not, there are always opportunities for people to qualify and if they fail to do so, they miss out.

Tomson
27th March 2012, 03:23 PM

I find that alittle insulting when you didn't even bother to read my post correctly.

I still don't see how you find the Masters Method lacks depth its has the top 50 players in the World, who have worked hard all year to get where they are.

I agree with you on this point.

Dotty
27th March 2012, 03:25 PM
Using Rubin's examples, I pick Tiger Woods to finish higher than Usain Bolt and Rafael Nadal.

KristianJ
27th March 2012, 03:27 PM
Was this Joe LaCava's most satisfying win ever?

Moe Norman
27th March 2012, 03:34 PM
Respectfully - I disagree and i think many other people do as well.

If we take your reasoning and logic then almost every single major sporting event in the world eliminates a large % of winners and is a weak field.

For the Masters, each player on tour has a 12 month qualifying period. if they dont get to a certain point - they miss out. The better players get through. It is a tournament for the best of the best - not the people who are drawcards.

and to re-iterate my point with an example:
100m sprint at the Olympics - Any person in the world has a period of approx 18 months prior to make the qualifying time - if they don't, they miss out on competing at all.

Wimbledon - Same thing. And surely you cant say that the field for that event is weak.

I think your forgetting that for almost any event be it golf or not, there are always opportunities for people to qualify and if they fail to do so, they miss out.

Unlike golf, how many of those people who don't qualify are a genuine chance of winning?

eg. Are there any precedents of people ranked 150+ in the world winning prestigious 100m sprint titles?

Wimbledon has a qualifying tournament the week before, so if you're ranked 150 and in form that week - you will make it. Not so at the Masters.

Anyway, my point was never that the Masters is a terrible event with a weak field, my point was that you can't just dismiss the Palmer Invitational win by Woods just because it was an invitational event.

However, the Masters with a smaller field in addition to a suite of past winners almost in wheelchairs, is easier to win, purely because the volume of potential winners is smaller, no matter how you look at it.

BGH
27th March 2012, 03:59 PM
Moe, just so I am clear on what you are trying to say. Do you honestly think the field at the Masters would be stronger if entry was based on a few rounds of qualification as opposed to 24 months of slogging it out against the best players in the world week in week out in order to progress up the rankings?

I think it is best that you just consider the official golf world rankings as one big long qualification tournament for the Masters that lasts for 24 months, and the top 50 "qualifiers" make it into the Masters.

Moe Norman
27th March 2012, 04:31 PM
No, I think the the field at the masters would be stronger if it was bigger and didn't include Sandy Lyle, Ben Crenshaw, Larry Mize, Bernhard Langer & Jose Maria Olazabal to name but a few.

But then it wouldn't be the Masters, so who cares.

Is a bloke ranked 50th for 50 of the last 52 weeks, but 51st for the 2 weeks they take (end of 11 and next week) any less deserving than the bloke ranked 50 on 31/12/2011 for the first time or the bloke ranked 50 on 30/3/2012 for the first time?

sms316
27th March 2012, 04:40 PM
No, I think the the field at the masters would be stronger if it was bigger and didn't include Sandy Lyle, Ben Crenshaw, Larry Mize, Bernhard Langer & Jose Maria Olazabal to name but a few.But then it wouldn't be the Masters, so who cares.Is a bloke ranked 50th for 50 of the last 52 weeks, but 51st for the 2 weeks they take (end of 11 and next week) any less deserving than the bloke ranked 50 on 31/12/2011 for the first time or the bloke ranked 50 on 30/3/2012 for the first time? Past champions is a bit of a wank, but certainly less of a wank than the club professionals at the PGA. And yes, the guy going backwards is less deserving. He would be fully aware of what he needs to do to stay inside. If he fails he has only himself to blame. Of course, winning at Houston this week is the last way in.

Shadesy
27th March 2012, 04:55 PM
I see your reasoning here Moe...

TheNuclearOne
27th March 2012, 06:19 PM
The thing that stood out for me was Woods driving. His putting hads been streaky for some time, but his driving has been mostly bad to worse for a long long time. He said he's got the teeball worked out. If his driving carries thru he will be really hard to beat at The Masters.

Iain
27th March 2012, 07:02 PM
He's leading the stats for total driving by 40 points, he's in the top 20 for both Distance and Accuracy.

I'd say he's got the tee ball sorted out.

TheNuclearOne
27th March 2012, 07:57 PM
He will be dangerous then. I wonder what he was paying for the Masters just before this win.

dave1
28th March 2012, 12:19 AM
How long has he been using the tour AD shaft in his driver?

dave1
28th March 2012, 12:21 AM
Stupid comment Moe. Do you want to clarify? Its the weakest of the majors.Half the players have no realistic chance of winning.....Its still a great event but the other majors have stronger feilds

Yossarian
28th March 2012, 12:30 AM
I think he will withdraw when he is leading by 10 shots, how much attention would that garner!

dave1
28th March 2012, 12:38 AM
I think he will withdraw when he is leading by 10 shots, how much attention would that garner! You dont think he craves attention? I said if he was out of contention!

matty
28th March 2012, 06:09 AM
Anyway, my point was never that the Masters is a terrible event with a weak field, my point was that you can't just dismiss the Palmer Invitational win by Woods just because it was an invitational.

And my point was that I am not convinced he is back because he won in two weaker fields, which happened to be invitationals. Yes, a win is a win, but I'm not convinced. Whether the Master is an invitational or not is irrelevant as its a much stronger field than your average PGA event, has a hell of a lot stronger field than the two tournies he won, and will be a true indication of where his game is at. I don't give a rats about the qualifying procedure to get in the masters or whether it's a weak major or not. Stick to the point.

If Woods goes well, then happy days. There's no better sight in golf but he has to perform under the pressure of a major to signal to everyone he's back, or to those that are not yet convinced.

Minor_Threat
28th March 2012, 08:34 AM
Since when has the word 'teeball' been acceptable to use?

virge666
28th March 2012, 08:46 AM
I am not sure what world you guys are living in, but he has been back since Australia last year.

The swing looks great, the attitude looks great and the presence is there. The only thing that has been missing is the practice, and the competition hardness, which means he has not been able to string 4 rounds together.

How many times before Australia did he shoot 68 or less in any event?

He has contended in EVERY comp he has played, barring the matchplay where he played like a spastic. His short game and putting is almost back to a PGA standard, and once that slots into place, we are back to 6 wins a year easy.

The only other player in his postcode is Rory and he has been the best player in the world for about a year now. All the other #1's have been seat warmers for Rory and Tiger. Westwood cannot chip or putt and Donald's driver has an attitude problem.

This year is going to be brilliant !

Steve57
28th March 2012, 09:07 AM
I am not sure what world you guys are living in, but he has been back since Australia last year.

The swing looks great, the attitude looks great and the presence is there. The only thing that has been missing is the practice, and the competition hardness, which means he has not been able to string 4 rounds together.

He has contended in EVERY comp he has played, barring the matchplay where he played like a spastic. His short game and putting is almost back to a PGA standard, and once that slots into place, we are back to 6 wins a year easy.

The only other player in his postcode is Rory and he has been the best player in the world for about a year now. All the other #1's have been seat warmers for Rory and Tiger. Westwood cannot chip or putt and Donald's driver has an attitude problem.

+1
I said the same thing when I saw him at the first practice day at the Presidents Cup.
He just hit the ball so much better than anyone else it was amazing.
It is just a matter of time till he catches Jack's record.

Ned
28th March 2012, 09:13 AM
Wind was playing havoc, pins were in some doozy positions and the greens were pretty firm.

Best score apart from his on the final round was 68 and that was in the morning.

He won by 5 shots and did so leaving the field behind.

His stats presently are better then when he was having his purple patch about 4 years ago.

Time will tell whether he can consistently build on it.

sms316
28th March 2012, 09:20 AM
Its the weakest of the majors.Half the players have no realistic chance of winning.....Its still a great event but the other majors have stronger feilds Sometimes less is more. Apart from a couple of amateurs and maybe a dozen former winners, the rest have had to qualify by either wins or ranking. Anybody else who deserves to be there obviously hasn't played well enough. Think of it as missing the cut prior to the tournament proper.

KristianJ
28th March 2012, 09:25 AM
Its the weakest of the majors.Half the players have no realistic chance of winning.....Its still a great event but the other majors have stronger feilds Even the PGA Championship with their somewhat anonymous list of PGA pro entrants in amongst the better known names?

virge666
28th March 2012, 09:28 AM
Even the PGA Championship with their somewhat anonymous list of PGA pro entrants in amongst the better known names?

+1

HSBC Champions event is MILES BETTER than this self indulgent sideshow.

dave1
28th March 2012, 10:14 AM
Sometimes less is more. Apart from a couple of amateurs and maybe a dozen former winners, the rest have had to qualify by either wins or ranking. Anybody else who deserves to be there obviously hasn't played well enough. Think of it as missing the cut prior to the tournament proper. Fair points......I think its odd when a winner from 1977 shoots 76 78......I think whats the point?

Moe Norman
28th March 2012, 11:58 AM
And my point was that I am not convinced he is back because he won in two weaker fields, which happened to be invitationals. Yes, a win is a win, but I'm not convinced. Whether the Master is an invitational or not is irrelevant as its a much stronger field than your average PGA event, has a hell of a lot stronger field than the two tournies he won, and will be a true indication of where his game is at. I don't give a rats about the qualifying procedure to get in the masters or whether it's a weak major or not. Stick to the point.

If Woods goes well, then happy days. There's no better sight in golf but he has to perform under the pressure of a major to signal to everyone he's back, or to those that are not yet convinced.

Do you realise that he's played 5 majors since the scandal and been Top 5 in 3 of them?

Only one player on the planet has been Top 5 in more than 3 of the last 8 majors and Tiger did it in 5.

Are you comparing him to Tiger circa 2000, or the rest of the golfers out there?

MegaWatty
28th March 2012, 05:08 PM
This is why Tiger winning is such a good thing! It creates so much interest and debate in the game.

Jarro
28th March 2012, 05:14 PM
... and sells more Nike crubs :mrgreen:

dave1
28th March 2012, 07:36 PM
This is why Tiger winning is such a good thing! It creates so much interest and debate in the game. Agree.US Masters will be tv boom this year

TheTrueReview
28th March 2012, 08:13 PM
Agree.US Masters will be tv boom this year

Hopefully it won't be one big TV reel of ads with a bit of golf thrown in.

virge666
28th March 2012, 08:55 PM
Pvr recording with 30 second skip

TheNuclearOne
28th March 2012, 09:56 PM
How long has he been using the tour AD shaft in his driver?

Two years. Started with the DI-7x and the last year or so has used the DI-6x.

TheNuclearOne
28th March 2012, 11:15 PM
Foley's DVD's demand just ramped up huge i bet.

meh
28th March 2012, 11:23 PM

When/if he wins a major, then I think you could make a case for saying he is back. A win at his own event and bay hill? Hardly.

dave1
29th March 2012, 01:56 PM
Two years. Started with the DI-7x and the last year or so has used the DI-6x. I only got fox this year so wasn't aware......That shaft is working - he's hitting a bunch of fairways with serious length

TheNuclearOne
29th March 2012, 07:11 PM
I only got fox this year so wasn't aware......That shaft is working - he's hitting a bunch of fairways with serious length

He was hitting it all over the planet until just recently. His swing looks to have come good.

dave1
29th March 2012, 08:17 PM
yeah its flatter at the top thats all I noticed. Its good for golf that hes playing well