PDA

View Full Version : Any links type of course in Brissy accessable area?

andylo
15th June 2004, 12:26 PM
Been playing a lot of "TPC" type of course (not even knowing what TPC stand for thu...) so want to experience the Links type. Any idea?

mike
15th June 2004, 02:57 PM
The Links at Port Douglas...only a 2 hour flight from Brisbane followed by a 1 hour drive north.

andylo
15th June 2004, 02:59 PM
CRAP!! I been there but I didn't play!! Just X'mas!!

But hack.... by that time I dunno about Links and in fact, I don't have the skill to enjoy it anyway :lol:

goughy
15th June 2004, 06:00 PM
Andylo, really the difference is no trees, bumpy land which could throw your ball from the middle of the fairway into the rough and lots of wind.

In the end, they're all golf courses. But if you head down south you'll find a lot of them.

Sorry g69, if I over simplified the definition of a links course.

Fishman Dan
15th June 2004, 07:07 PM
Read the preview of Shinnecock Hills as per June 2004 Australian Golf Digest if you want a verbose description..

markTHEblake
15th June 2004, 11:05 PM
Hope Island on the gold coast and Twin Waters on the sunshine coast are the only ones I know of. (although Hope is closer with the pot bunker style).

Nevertheless IMHO both courses are overated, overhyped and overpriced. I wouldnt play either unless it was free.

Fishman Dan
16th June 2004, 08:12 AM
Okay, as per AGD;

"A course on oceanside sand dunes that were formed by a receding sea and covered by fertile soil from a river estuary."

AndyP
16th June 2004, 07:33 PM
Okay, as per AGD;

"A course on oceanside sand dunes that were formed by a receding sea and covered by fertile soil from a river estuary."

Now there's a river involved. :roll: