PDA

View Full Version : Stupid things you have got people to do

JADO75
16th March 2012, 10:27 PM
Earlier tonight I convinced my two young nephews that if you spin a DVD on your index finger & shine a flashlight on the disc, you can watch the movie. I had one spinning the disc & the other holding the torch, when they said they couldn't see the movie I told them it was because they weren't spinning the disc fast enough. When I left they were still trying to get it working. I love them dearly but jesus they're special!
Anyone convinced someone to do something that is just plain ridiculous?

TourFit
16th March 2012, 10:45 PM
I got my missus to marry me!

timah!
16th March 2012, 10:50 PM
My wife got me to marry her ;)

popper81
16th March 2012, 10:59 PM
I got my missus to marry me!

My wife got me to marry her ;)

And I am sure they both regret their decision every single day....

Lobsta
16th March 2012, 11:08 PM
Convinced my brother to take a run up and jump and try to hit hit head on the top door frame.

He succeeded.

I lolled.

PerryGroves
16th March 2012, 11:35 PM
We lost a tennis ball on the roof at school. We told one of the more gullible punters to go up and get it, we would protect him if we saw a teacher. As fate would have it a teacher turned up 2 mins later whilst he was on the roof, 10 blokes yell out, "boy on the roof". He jumps from a 2nd story building through a 1st floor flat tin roof and lands in a locked classroom. They didn't get in the room for about 10 mins and he was OK, luckily, we thought he might be dead. Peter Granzer are you still out there?

Got a belting off the old man after one of mates fathers told him what had happened. Deserved every bit for being a little turd.

JADO75
16th March 2012, 11:44 PM
Remind me not to upset you Perry, haha

Lagerlover
17th March 2012, 08:37 AM
got my missus to try one of my "special drinks"... just to help her sleep a little better..

LeftyHoges
26th January 2014, 01:02 AM
I did convince someone to play a provisional today when their ball was on the green. That was fun.

Courty
26th January 2014, 08:28 AM
I did convince someone to play a provisional today when their ball was on the green. That was fun.

:lol:

TheNuclearOne
26th January 2014, 01:26 PM
Years ago a big brain mate (intelligent) and i were at a friends (TJ) house, he's a huge pothead and quite paranoid. With us was another friend who smoked with TJ a fair bit.

Anyway it's one hot night, summer or not far from it, humid etc. Grog is flowing and the two mates had smoked up a storm, stoned as. Fans are on quite high, etc. The big brain mate hatches this plan to me and the other friend when TJ left the room for a minute.

We go back in and after 10 minutes the mate asks if TJ (house owner) can turn the fans down to low, it's cooling down a bit.

Half hour or so later, i say jeez TJ can we get these fans off, getting a bit cool mate. Must be a cool front easing in tonight.

Patiently interspersed over the next hour or so were sneakly little comments, "just went outside, jeez it's cooled down," etc.

The mate eventually, over time, goes for the jugular, "TJ have you got a jumper, man, i'm near freezing now!".

Incredibly TJ goes looking for jumpers. I tell him i'll fight it out for a bit longer but the other stoner who was actually in on the joke asks for one too LOL. While TJ is grabbing jumpers we say to the other stoner how great it this? He says no man it's really getting cold LMAO!

The mate and i exchange a knowing glance. The joke has now ramped up to another level.

So the mate (and the other two) is sitting there in this jumper and later tells me he's praying no beads of sweat appear on his forehead because he is hot as hell and the fun would surely be up.

So we keep up the odd bit of nudging for half hour or so - nek minnut TJ disappears into his room and comes out with a f'ing blanket!! WTF? The mate and i looked at each other trying our utmost not to break down into hysterics LMAO!

To make it impossibly good the stoner originally in on the joke asks him to go and grab him one!

I must remind the mate of this one when i see him next week, classic stuff.

Timbo
26th January 2014, 02:48 PM
My mate had his 40th a few years ago with a fancy dress theme. Another mate of ours scoured Op Shops and costume places for his costume in the months leading up. The only problem was that he was the only one who was told it was fancy dress.
He turned up an hour later than everyone else (also planned) in the best looking pirate outfit you've ever seen. Hook, peg leg, parrot, the lot. Everyone pissed themselves and he took it really well.

Courty
26th January 2014, 02:53 PM
Before our trip to the 2010 Melbourne Masters, Haysey & I convinced Solarman that 'those exclusive clubs' in Melbourne had stricter dress codes than up here in FNQ. Knowing that he hates wearing long pants, we said the only alternative is the long walk socks. We casually dropped it into conversation for about 6 weeks before the trip, convincing him that this was the case. He took the bait, getting Mrs Solarman to go out & buy some walk socks before the trip. We arrive at The National (Old), get out & unload our gear, then almost die of laughter when he pulls his long socks on. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/D8ymXRM.jpg

What made it even funnier was the guy in the pro shop who said he couldn't wear the socks on the course, because they weren't white. :lol:

dc68
27th January 2014, 08:32 PM
Before our trip to the 2010 Melbourne Masters, Haysey & I convinced Solarman that 'those exclusive clubs' in Melbourne had stricter dress codes than up here in FNQ. Knowing that he hates wearing long pants, we said the only alternative is the long walk socks. We casually dropped it into conversation for about 6 weeks before the trip, convincing him that this was the case. He took the bait, getting Mrs Solarman to go out & buy some walk socks before the trip. We arrive at The National (Old), get out & unload our gear, then almost die of laughter when he pulls his long socks on. :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/D8ymXRM.jpg

What made it even funnier was the guy in the pro shop who said he couldn't wear the cocks on the course, because they weren't white. :lol:

I'm not surprised,the white cocks woudn't have been long enough anyway.

Courty
27th January 2014, 08:36 PM
I'm not surprised,the white cocks woudn't have been long enough anyway.

:oops:

Appropriate, though. :lol: