PDA

View Full Version : Ball ?

Ferrins
14th March 2012, 09:30 PM
If you put a ball into play and good scoring happens are you reluctant to change the pill, I am.

I remember some good shooting a few years back at Nudgee and used the same Pro V1 for 4 rounds.

Ronny
14th March 2012, 09:46 PM
New pill every comp round (and a few more when I go in the piss or OOB)!!!!!

Any special holes eagles, hole in ones (not happened yet) get put straight in the bag!

Captain Nemo
14th March 2012, 09:48 PM
New pill every round, every time I loose one put a new pill in play....:roll:

Lagerlover
14th March 2012, 09:49 PM
Any par balls, straight back in bag, trophy guy around the corner mounts them for me. Well at least he did, had to shut up shop through lack of business.

oncewasagolfer
14th March 2012, 09:56 PM
I just keep using the ball until it gets too tatty if I'm playing well or not. When i was using the cheap trispeed tours I would use a new ball each round but not now I'm back to using premium pills.

AndyP
14th March 2012, 10:00 PM
Use 'em til I lose 'em.

Croydo
14th March 2012, 10:07 PM

Ditto.

JADO75
14th March 2012, 10:26 PM
Change when the Vokey's tear the shite out of them

Yossarian
14th March 2012, 10:32 PM
Use 'em til I lose 'em.

Yep. If I have twenty wipes in a row I usually change to something different though.

Johnny Canuck
14th March 2012, 11:05 PM
New pill every comp round (and a few more when I go in the piss or OOB)!!!!!

Any special holes eagles, hole in ones (not happened yet) get put straight in the bag!

Pretty much the same for me. Eagles are retired.

Unless the round is decent, a new pill won't come out if I lose one.

Loose one? Pics?

sms316
14th March 2012, 11:06 PM
Use 'em til I lose 'em. Didn't use many on Sunday?

markTHEblake
14th March 2012, 11:25 PM
I only use one new ball a round, if I lose it then the punishment is to have to use an old one for the remainder.

Had a mate use a Titlest Balata for 5 rounds in a row at Alice Springs, 1st round was foursomes with me then 72 holes tournament, and It was seriously messed up. Beleive it or not his nickname was scruffy.

Jarro
15th March 2012, 05:36 AM
New pill every round

dc68
15th March 2012, 06:27 AM
Yep. If I have twenty wipes in a row I usually change to something different though. I would have thought the paper may be cactus after 20 wipes.

3oneday
15th March 2012, 07:14 AM
Any par balls, straight back in bag, trophy guy around the corner mounts them for me. Well at least he did, had to shut up shop through lack of business.As in A par in a round ?

AndyP
15th March 2012, 07:37 AM
Didn't use many on Sunday? It bounced off a tree.

IanO
15th March 2012, 08:41 AM
A new ball at the start of the round. If I lose it then I play with a used one, unless there are none in the bag, then it is another new one.

Veefore
15th March 2012, 09:53 AM
I use the same ball until either I lose it or chunks start coming off it (e.g. from hitting trees, cart paths etc.)
It's not unusual for me to use the same ball for 4 or 5 rounds. If I play this weekend the ball I use will have at least 5 rounds on it already.

dave1
15th March 2012, 09:56 AM
Any par balls, straight back in bag, trophy guy around the corner mounts them for me. Well at least he did, had to shut up shop through lack of business. Would he mount a 6 for 1...Thats how well Im going.I use pro v1x aaa- mintsOr srixon z star x mints

markTHEblake
15th March 2012, 11:15 AM
When I was a kid, I always used a new ball on Saturday, and used it again on Sunday and it was good enough for the 36. Seems that the modern ball really does not last that long any more.

In those days we didn't lose many, courses were not full of lakes.

dc68
15th March 2012, 01:24 PM
You must have been a flusher!!! Assuming you used balatas?

matty
16th March 2012, 07:59 AM
Will use it till I lose it in social. New ball for comp round.

What do you guys do with your 'eagle' balls that are put in the bag?

dave1
16th March 2012, 10:12 AM
When I was a kid, I always used a new ball on Saturday, and used it again on Sunday and it was good enough for the 36. Seems that the modern ball really does not last that long any more.In those days we didn't lose many, courses were not full of lakes. Nothing is built to last these days

AndyP
16th March 2012, 10:40 AM
Will use it till I lose it in social. New ball for comp round.

What do you guys do with your 'eagle' balls that are put in the bag?I've continued using mine. I didn't even think about keeping it until someone asked me why I didn't.

markTHEblake
16th March 2012, 02:03 PM
You must have been a flusher!!! Assuming you used balatas? I was! But that was mostly with top flites or b51's when I was still at school. Once I got into the balatas it almost sent me bankrupt, even slightly thinning one put them out of play, you would almost cry doing it on the first hole. From memory though when optima started their balatas they were much more durable than the titleist.