PDA

View Full Version : That "other" golf forum

Pages : 1 [2]

Webster
20th December 2009, 07:33 PM
they dont have PM's over there Jimbo...

Dotty
20th December 2009, 07:33 PM
Just curious, but would be interested to know what the proportion of private messages to posts traffic is?
Approx. 413,000 posts in threads.
Approx. 154,000 personal messages.

Edit. That's for this site.

just
20th December 2009, 07:44 PM
Where did you get the PM stats Dotty?

sms316
20th December 2009, 07:45 PM
and i'll bet he also doesn't eat pies. it's just there as a red herring.

Connosieur of pies. Some meat. Some fruit. Some hair.

Dunno if the lad in question eats pies, but he knows a bit about them. I'd suggest he has eaten his fair share of pie in the past.

Sounds like a bit of a legend though.

Dotty
20th December 2009, 08:37 PM
Where did you get the PM stats Dotty?
Use of the quote function, shows me that your post is #413036.

And moving the cursor over a PM in my Inbox that I received last week, shows the PM number at the bottom-left of the screen. (I've noticed this point-and-display, works on many areas on the forum's screens.)

goughy
20th December 2009, 08:48 PM
That's some serious pm usage! Like 3:1 ratio of posts to pm's. Damn we'd miss it if it wasn't available!

just
20th December 2009, 09:03 PM
Use of the quote function, shows me that your post is #413036.

And moving the cursor over a PM in my Inbox that I received last week, shows the PM number at the bottom-left of the screen. (I've noticed this point-and-display, works on many areas on the forum's screens.)
Thanks for that Dotty, I've noticed the post thing before but not the PM counts.

Johnny Canuck
21st December 2009, 12:26 AM
Wow. Dotty is like Henno #2.

3oneday
21st December 2009, 07:24 AM
Sad

Dotty
21st December 2009, 07:32 AM
Wow. Dotty is like Henno #2.
Close. But I handle very similar looking numbers everyday.

Despite what the insurance companies' ads say, deep down, you are still just a number. And so is your deposit. And your claim. And your FID charge. And your inquiry. And your ...

chipitin
21st December 2009, 10:24 AM
Hi, guys i am also on Iseekgolf and i do think it is a little bit better than this site as far as navigation is concerned but i am very happy to be here all the same! :)

pom
21st December 2009, 07:04 PM
Seems at the moment that there is a concerted effort to cause trouble between the 2 sites. Obviously someone is very bored. Pity they cannot grow up & find thier Jollies somewhere else & let the Golf forums be Golf forums.

Yossarian
21st December 2009, 07:09 PM
And we care because?

sms316
21st December 2009, 07:25 PM
Seems at the moment that there is a concerted effort to cause trouble between the 2 sites. Obviously someone is very bored. Pity they cannot grow up & find thier Jollies somewhere else & let the Golf forums be Golf forums.
Do you think 2 of them will defend their honour on their Facebook site?

Think the match should be for the pie man cup?

3oneday
21st December 2009, 07:39 PM
Hi, guys i am also on Iseekgolf and i do think it is a little bit better than this site as far as navigation is concerned but i am very happy to be here all the same! :)

really ? I found ISG quite hard once they upgraded. Were you there then ?

Ned
21st December 2009, 09:08 PM
Going by this post (http://forums.iseekgolf.com/forums/12-golf-talk/topics/36510-are-handicapping-changes-being-delayed?page=1), they are also either a little slow on the uptake or they don't have knowledgeable people on their books that can supply the information.!!!:lol:

pom
21st December 2009, 09:13 PM
really ? I found ISG quite hard once they upgraded. Were you there then ?
And you think this is a serious post, Why?

pom
21st December 2009, 09:14 PM
And we care because?

And here I was thinking you were a very Caring type of person:-)

Yossarian
21st December 2009, 09:20 PM
I am, just not aboot ISG :)

pom
21st December 2009, 09:51 PM

:smt038:smt038:smt038

Don,t agree but like the response:-)

3oneday
21st December 2009, 09:57 PM
And you think this is a serious post, Why?

and you think I care what you think ? why ?

Give yourself a break, you take yourself a bit too seriously.

Johnny Canuck
21st December 2009, 11:00 PM

You're right Pom. You should tell Waffle to settle down. I thought he was going to cry the other night.

Jarro
22nd December 2009, 03:33 AM
We don't really need a lot of OzGolfers getting down and dirty over there ..... getting a bunch of revenge-seeking ISGers storming in here with their guns loaded doesn't sound like a lot of fun :roll:

Stay away and let them have their own fun.

adlo
22nd December 2009, 03:34 AM
ISG is the laughing stock of golf forums. Almost everyone knows this fact, and accepts it. The sooner you accept the truth, the sooner you can move on with your life.

Lock this thread down!!!

Jarro
22nd December 2009, 03:36 AM
Thanks for the words of wisdom Care Bear.

adlo
22nd December 2009, 03:37 AM
No problems, it is my gift.

Jarro
22nd December 2009, 03:38 AM
But you've already given so much

adlo
22nd December 2009, 03:39 AM
Amazing, no? So selfless. :mrgreen:

PeteyD
22nd December 2009, 07:11 AM
Ghey

3oneday
22nd December 2009, 07:14 AM
Cute bear.

sms316
22nd December 2009, 08:53 AM
Pricks have spent all night outing me over there. I wasn't even in. :lol:

I'm guessing somebody is laughing somewhere.

Hamo84
22nd December 2009, 08:58 AM

what are you on aboot, what are you talking aboot ;)

sorry couldnt resist, dug up the south park movie last night....

Hamo84
22nd December 2009, 09:06 AM
As I have stated before, this place is more like a proper forum than over there, and I have to say a big thanks to the people who pointed me in the direction of this place.....

Yossarian
22nd December 2009, 10:03 AM
Pricks have spent all night outing me over there. I wasn't even in. :lol:

I'm guessing somebody is laughing somewhere.

:-k

3oneday
22nd December 2009, 10:28 AM
I reckon it's pom, he rushes back here to tell us all how juvenile we are, then ****s off again !

Rufus T Firefly
22nd December 2009, 11:33 AM
Pom........now there is a f'kwit. Plain and simple.

As for Waffle Iron it is just hilarious watching him trying to do detective work over at ISG and trying to link names to other names etc. He is a poor soldier.

markTHEblake
22nd December 2009, 05:35 PM
at least they dont have whacked out religious nutjobs preaching over there like we do here.

pom
22nd December 2009, 05:47 PM
Pom........now there is a f'kwit. Plain and simple.

As for Waffle Iron it is just hilarious watching him trying to do detective work over at ISG and trying to link names to other names etc. He is a poor soldier.
OooCh Ouchhh That Hurt. Such an intelligent reposte.:-)
I have been called worse. By better men than you Rufus.:smt038:smt038

OZgolf Mod
22nd December 2009, 05:49 PM
Personal abuse will not be tolerated here, Rufus. Keep this in mind next time you post.

chipitin
22nd December 2009, 08:47 PM

Not trying to stir up trouble pom, i gave up Iseek a while ago and then found this site recently. I think both sites are really helpful, just found it hard to have an opinion over there without the admin getting fired up.

Johnny Canuck
23rd December 2009, 01:01 AM
Personal abuse will not be tolerated here, Rufus. Keep this in mind next time you post.

But say what you want about Waffle.

He fears the apostrophe.

Pegasus2357
23rd December 2009, 08:12 PM
The following is a copy of a post I made on the other forum. Treat as you like, as stated they are my thoughts for hopefully peaceful New Year.

"Okay I will be the bunny. I am and others are members both here and there for varying reasons.

But for crying out loud when is enough enough. I am personally tired of looking at what has been going here and there. Isn’t time that we all worked out some way in which we can get along without the constant mud slinging, pot shots, back stabbing, stealing identities etc etc. Isn’t time we all grew up and said enough is enough.

Whoever the pie_man was, whoever eaglton was, whoever Yossarianfwend is can’t we just draw a line in the sand and find some common ground.
The other side gained quite a few new members as a result of certain events that happened here at ISG. From what I can see most of those new members maintained their same identities and were quite open and honest about why they had joined. Is it asking to much for the same respect to be shown here. From what I can gather a good percentage of those on the other side were/are long term members here before some great blow-up some time ago. Surely by now that is history and can be left as such.

If sms316 is lurking out there, join up under sms316 and share your knowledge of rules, handicapping etc. In this time of change with the handicapping system in Australia your input would be valued. I notice that you have your own thread going on the other site about 2010 – The year SMS got his act together, other here have a combined approach to the same challenge.

I have always taught my kids to treat others with the same respect as you would like to treated with. Sure you can have fun with people, laugh with them and not at them, good natured banter is great. The pot shots taken in some of the forums in the lounge have been right on the money.

I guess what I am really trying to say is that we have 2 forums that have different ways and means of doing their daily business and if we can all treat both forums with the respect that they deserve we all should be able to gain and learn from the insights of others who are better placed than ourselves. Being able to do so, in a forum that is functioning in a manner directed by their own admins, would be a pleasant change from what has been going on here at present.

These are just my views, not prompted by anybody, but as barnesy would say this post could …and that’s when the trouble started! So be it, enough is enough!"

sms316
23rd December 2009, 08:19 PM
You are aware that I am banned over there, aren't you? If ISG Admin wants to unlock my account over there I will respond.

3oneday
23rd December 2009, 08:33 PM
I'd respond too, but I got banned when pie_****er linked my golflink :p

LarryLong
23rd December 2009, 08:39 PM
I guess what I am really trying to say is that we have 2 forums that have different ways and means of doing their daily business and if we can all treat both forums with the respect that they deserve

Isn't that what's been happening so far?

:mrgreen:

chipitin
23rd December 2009, 10:02 PM
I have noticed from reading through the posts, that the admin HERE actually allows you to have your opinion without booting you off.

AndyP
23rd December 2009, 10:12 PM
There haven't been any problems here yet. :D

Shuddup chipitin.

Webster
23rd December 2009, 10:17 PM
this thread needs its own vomit bag.

Fishman Dan
23rd December 2009, 10:18 PM
You are aware that I am banned over there, aren't you? If ISG Admin wants to unlock my account over there I will respond.

3 local golf forums, banned at 2 of them. You had to move to Queensland as a political gesture.

Yossarian
23rd December 2009, 11:06 PM
Wow that msg just makes me see everything so clearly now. From this day on I will never drink again. Straight edge baby!

I still think ISG sucks.

Ned
23rd December 2009, 11:29 PM
I'd respond too, but I got banned when pie_****er linked my Golflink :p
noooooooooooooo

You mean there was identity theft as well:-k

Who would have ever thought that even a mere Golflink number is personally identifying information.

You norty buoy 31D you![-X

3oneday
24th December 2009, 12:53 AM
Sorry, I meant my Ozgolf user thingo was linked, my golflink is useless :lol:

markTHEblake
24th December 2009, 01:02 AM
The other side gained quite a few new members as a result of certain events that happened here at ISG.

So much for the best efforts of ISG admin to ensure that nobody ever heard of Ozgolf, by banning people, deleting posts, and even one point getting the swear filter to convert any mention of Ozgolf to Iseekgolf.

Now because of his megalomania he has got the whole forum talking about us! and there is nothing he can do about it because he will just alienate more people.

On the other hand, here at Ozgolf we do not exclude discussions or mentioning other forums, including www.iseekgolf.com, yet how many Ozgolfers have we lost to them.

Off the top of my head - a big fat Zero.

Censorship never works.

Proposal: Make Iseekgolf admin an honorary life member of Ozgolf, because he has done so much for us. Courty, make him a Merit bar and get Jarro to email it to him.

3oneday
24th December 2009, 05:47 AM
Then, can we make a new years reso that this thread gets ignored ? ;) As we've said before, it's only the recently removed ex-ISGr's that care.

Grunt
24th December 2009, 07:11 AM
Then, can we make a new years reso that this thread gets ignored ? ;) As we've said before, it's only the recently removed ex-ISGr's that care.

How about locking it and then people can see what not to go on about on here? Other places exist and so be it. If you like the other place better, post there, it is that easy isn't it?

3oneday
24th December 2009, 07:21 AM
I like Golfwrx, but they're all a bit serious at times :)

Scottt
24th December 2009, 07:29 AM
Which times, Pete? All of them?! :lol:

3oneday
24th December 2009, 07:32 AM
I'm 100% certain there is a language barrier between our versions of English ;)

Yossarian
24th December 2009, 09:17 AM

Agreed.

pom
24th December 2009, 11:29 AM
Nobody cares! Thats why this thread has reached 310 posts.. ?

just
24th December 2009, 11:56 AM
Take out the threadjacking and we would be down to about 50 posts. And every time it dies one of the recent converts brings it back. Look at Peg's post above, which translates as it's all Ozgolf's fault, leave poor ISG alone. Then read ISG and watch waffle iron et al gets on the high moral ground after just slagging someone off, insult a whole bunch of people based on the actions of one or two idiots, who for all he knows are ISG members winding him up, and gets applause from others.

Since your mates with them, why don't you tell Waffle Iron, Eagleton and Barnsy to shut the **** up about "the Darkside". That might be a small start.

3oneday
24th December 2009, 12:10 PM
300 posts in a thread is lifeless around here pom, but hey, I'm sure posts like "310 posts and noone cares ?" will let it die a slow death...... not :roll:

Chill bro, you've clearly a very popular chap on both forums :lol:

Jarro
24th December 2009, 03:55 PM
OzGolf and ISG will continue to live and prosper for years to come.

Make your choice and live with it.

Merry Christmas to all :)

Yossarian
24th December 2009, 04:14 PM
Nobody cares! Thats why this thread has reached 310 posts.. ?

I think a lot of them are posts as well asking "you lot" to shut up about it, and that we don't care. 8)

Merry Christmas everyone! Cyber love for all!

jaybam
24th December 2009, 04:33 PM
OzGolf and ISG will continue to live and prosper for years to come.

Make your choice and live with it.

Merry Christmas to all :)

Where would these people have their fun then?? Very diplomatic and boring

sms316
24th December 2009, 06:13 PM
This a contender for WTE yet?

Pegasus2357
24th December 2009, 06:45 PM
Take out the threadjacking and we would be down to about 50 posts. And every time it dies one of the recent converts brings it back. Look at Peg's post above, which translates as it's all Ozgolf's fault, leave poor ISG alone. Then read ISG and watch waffle iron et al gets on the high moral ground after just slagging someone off, insult a whole bunch of people based on the actions of one or two idiots, who for all he knows are ISG members winding him up, and gets applause from others.

Since your mates with them, why don't you tell Waffle Iron, Eagleton and Barnsy to shut the **** up about "the Darkside". That might be a small start.

Just

Sorry if I conveyed that I was allocating blame directly onto Ozgolf, was not the intention at all. All I would really like is for the two forums to be peaceful, without what is going on at present. I don't know if it is somebody at ISG stirring internal trouble, somebody from another forum, bored school kid or whatever.

Basically I would like to see all warring parties draw a line in the sand and say enough is enough. I enjoy aspects of Ozgolf and ISG. I contribute where I want, ask questions of those who have greater knowledge on subjects than I do, read a lot of opinions and choose myself want I take out of both places.

Also I referred to "The Other Side" no mention of the dark side and also my post here was a copy and past of my post on ISG, I know that I stuck my neck out on the chopping block at both forums by posting what I did, but I felt the time had come.

I also agree with other posts here that enough has been said and it is time to move forward, look forward to a good golfing year and above all watch the Dragons get the wooden spoon next year.;)

sms316 :smt038:smt038 Thanks, look forward to picking your brains over the new handicapping debacle over the coming months.

AndyP
24th December 2009, 07:32 PM
I contribute where I want, ask questions of those who have greater knowledge on subjects than I do, read a lot of opinions and choose myself want I take out of both places. This is the key thing, Peg. Ignore all the other crap, as you are just feeding the trolls.

adlo
25th December 2009, 12:15 AM
Have you noticed how the ISGers are treating it like a big deal?

Here's a thought: no one at OzGolf really gives a shit.

Move on and Merry Christmas!

live4golf
25th December 2009, 08:55 AM

and yet you post :)

:smt038

I, for one, enjoy the banter...keep it going.

Merry Xmas

Iain
25th December 2009, 11:36 AM

I agree, why do we need to talk about it, so there's another golf forum, big deal, can't see why it really affects ozgolf or isg or tgf??

and yet you post :)

:smt038

I, for one, enjoy the banter...keep it going.

Merry Xmas

He's gotta get post count up, no chance of catching Jarro if he doesn't post anything!

Jarro
25th December 2009, 02:20 PM
He's gotta get post count up, no chance of catching Jarro if he doesn't post anything!

He'll never catch me, he's just an amateur :roll:

live4golf
25th December 2009, 06:33 PM
I agree, why do we need to talk about it, so there's another golf forum, big deal, can't see why it really affects ozgolf or isg or tgf??

Geez mate, gimme some time

adlo
4th January 2010, 08:09 PM
Boredom led me back to see how to the "It's time to Go" thread was progressing, only to find out I had been banned for questioning the lies about the PM system.

Does the term Nazi regime mean anything to anybody?

Check this out.... apparently this post is ban-worthy too :roll:

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/adlo_2009/Picture2-6.png

Pipp, don't swallow their lies by the way, they are so full of shit.

Jarro
4th January 2010, 08:12 PM
adlo, you now know the real reason why OzGolf sprang forth.

Eag's
4th January 2010, 08:12 PM
Just another example of why I don't bother with that site. I think my last post over there was over 3 years ago.

adlo
4th January 2010, 08:13 PM
I know Jarro. I left in the exodus that caused the formation of TGF. However, the 3 posts per day (total) gets a little boring over there.

Eag's, who do you think you are fooling?!? Apparently you are stirring up all sorts of trouble over there.

Eag's
4th January 2010, 08:17 PM
I know Jarro. I left in the exodus that caused the formation of TGF. However, the 3 posts per day (total) gets a little boring over there.

Eag's, who do you think you are fooling?!? Apparently you are stirring up all sorts of trouble over there.
Umm no I think you will find that is incorrect.
If you are serious and not taking the piss, I will send you $100 if you can find a post of mine?

3oneday
4th January 2010, 08:19 PM
Yep, me and Jarro were once mods on TPF ;)

just
4th January 2010, 08:21 PM
That was on Ben's first forum, wasn't it?

Jarro
4th January 2010, 08:22 PM
Yep, me and Jarro were once mods on TPF ;)

We were ?? :-s

3oneday
4th January 2010, 08:23 PM
Yeah, but I think we only tried to find ways to ban Dan ;) Ahhh, those were the days :lol:

Pippolo
4th January 2010, 08:25 PM
Boredom led me back to see how to the "It's time to Go" thread was progressing, only to find out I had been banned for questioning the lies about the PM system.

Does the term Nazi regime mean anything to anybody?

Check this out.... apparently this post is ban-worthy too :roll:

http://i668.photobucket.com/albums/vv48/adlo_2009/Picture2-6.png

Pipp, don't swallow their lies by the way, they are so full of shit.

Fully aware of that Adlo. That's why I questioned the deletion of your post in the first place.

adlo
4th January 2010, 08:28 PM
Umm no I think you will find that is incorrect.
If you are serious and not taking the piss, I will send you $100 if you can find a post of mine?

I know. Hilarious.

just
4th January 2010, 08:30 PM
We were ?? :-s

Yeah, but I think we only tried to find ways to ban Dan ;) Ahhh, those were the days :lol:
I think you were, it was the forum attached to Ben's component website before he re-jigged it in 2007.

Jarro
4th January 2010, 08:31 PM

yeah, they were truly great days 8-)

Dan was a little more firey back then though, i think time has mellowed the old fella :razz:

AndyP
4th January 2010, 08:43 PM
I'm so happy that this place is a haven for banned ISG scum.

adlo
4th January 2010, 08:56 PM
AP bitter humour at its finest!

henno
4th January 2010, 08:58 PM
I'm not banned yet, and I even cracked a witty Ruby on Rails joke regarding the lack of PMs that only the nerds and geeks would get. Admin didn't bite. Booo.

adlo
4th January 2010, 09:00 PM
I saw that. They would have NFI what you are on about.

Pippolo
4th January 2010, 09:01 PM
I'm not banned yet, and I even cracked a witty Ruby on Rails joke regarding the lack of PMs that only the nerds and geeks would get. Admin didn't bite. Booo.

I didn't get it...:(

live4golf
4th January 2010, 09:03 PM
I didn't get it...:(

Open source web programming...I believe it even allows for PM's :D

MegaWatty
4th January 2010, 09:07 PM
I thought it had to with ROR like this:

http://cousinavi.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/ror.jpg

henno
4th January 2010, 09:12 PM
I saw that. They would have NFI what you are on about.

Probably.

To put it briefly for the non-techheads, Ruby is a programming language and Rails is the framework it uses. ISG is a ruby on rails site. RoR programmers are like the Mac/iPhone owners of the programming world: everything is awesome and so easy to do! "Create ebay in 30mins" type tutorials litter the web.

Anyway, I took this awesome (and infamous) C&H comic: http://www.explosm.net/comics/1797/ ...and adjusted it slightly for a dig at the RoR fanboys. Ruby on Rails developers are always banging on about how quick and easy it is to create and extend existing applications and yet ISG is always bitching that a PM system would take so long and so much money.

I guess the fact that they didn't seem to get it speaks versus.

WBennett
4th January 2010, 09:13 PM
Henno

Your geekness continues to impress me.

As does your love for your pink golf shoes.

Pippolo
4th January 2010, 09:13 PM
Thanks for the explanation Henno.

just
4th January 2010, 09:16 PM
I guess the fact that they didn't seem to get it speaks versus.
Or indeed it might also speak verses.

henno
4th January 2010, 09:20 PM
I don't get you, just. :?

PerryGroves
4th January 2010, 09:20 PM
Cheers Henno, I rarely go down to the basement and talk to the programmers, so had no Ruby knowledge. Safer to stay away in case acne and halitosis are contagious
;)

just
4th January 2010, 09:26 PM
Obviously you don't because you used the wrong word in the term.

henno
4th January 2010, 09:30 PM
Bah.

just
4th January 2010, 09:32 PM
You're welcome, and thanks for the education on Ruby on Rails.

Johnny Canuck
4th January 2010, 10:09 PM
Didn't you challenge them to ban you when you posted?

adlo
4th January 2010, 10:39 PM
Who, me?

markTHEblake
4th January 2010, 10:44 PM
Your geekness continues to impress me.

a geek would never use Ruby on Rails. That would be like riding a bike with training wheels, using a 44 degree hybrid, or an iphone.

A geek programs directly in assembly language.

Scottt
4th January 2010, 10:44 PM
Or indeed it might also speak verses.

You mean "might also speak volumes"?

I think the reason Henno didn't understand is because corrected him, but posted exactly what he said.

:lol:

henno
4th January 2010, 10:45 PM

I think the reason Henno didn't understand is because corrected him, but posted exactly what he said.

I got caught up in thinking just was correcting speak/speaks when all I did was type the wrong damn letter. ;)

just
4th January 2010, 11:00 PM

God you are a bore. The first post was just a slight dig at the mispell for using versus when meant verses but the next post was the one that clarified he used the wrong word in the idiom:

Obviously you don't because you used the wrong word in the term.
I thought it was obvious and that Henno would get it. Obviously not.

Johnny Canuck
4th January 2010, 11:01 PM
Yes, you.

adlo
4th January 2010, 11:28 PM
OK, yes I did, but they didn't worry about that one. It was in jest and I think even they knew it.

However, when I spoke some truth about why they will never have a PM system I was banned and my previous posts deleted. I touched a nerve.

markTHEblake
5th January 2010, 12:15 AM
I thought it was obvious and that Henno would get it. Obviously not.

I thought he did, and I did too, if that helps

i thought this was the funnier one, because i think it was deliberate - so unlikely for the Henno to make a capitalisation error.

just as in so very close, as opposed to Just the name
(just in case its still a bit too deep for some)

I got caught up in thinking just was correcting speak/speaks when all I did was type the wrong damn letter.see what happens when you are a punctuation and grammar junkie. You get so hung up on it, you overlook the humungous booboo.

henno
5th January 2010, 12:20 AM
i thought this was the funnier one, because i think it was deliberate - so unlikely for the Henno to make a capitalisation error.

just as in so very close, as opposed to Just the name
(just in case its still a bit too deep for some)

I beg to differ on this one. His nickname is "just" without capitalisation. I stand by that, despite my two glaring errors earlier.

(And give me a break for once. I have smashed more beers in an two hours than pup says words in 10 seconds. :mrgreen: )

markTHEblake
5th January 2010, 12:27 AM
I beg to differ on this one. His nickname is "just" without capitalisation.

I know, it was one of the rare occasions that i capitilised something and didnt even need too. Screwed up in reverse, just.

Ok so you were not being super clever and witty. I withdraw my compliment.

adlo
5th January 2010, 12:29 AM
Boom-tish!

Classic comedy ladies and gentlemen.

Yossarian
5th January 2010, 12:31 AM
Funniest gramar an spelling post's ever!@

henno
5th January 2010, 12:32 AM
Ok so you were not being super clever and witty.

I certainly wasn't, in this case. Although your clever little play on words just now makes up for my shortcomings this evening.

markTHEblake
5th January 2010, 12:38 AM
So you are sharp tonight, and honest. You truly are a fine drunk.

henno
5th January 2010, 12:41 AM
So you are sharp tonight

Hey, I did chaperone pup for two days. Cut me some slack, dammit. :mrgreen:

markTHEblake
5th January 2010, 12:44 AM
That was a real compliment dopey - that was cutting slack.
( do we have to explain everything now- ie sharp for spotting the play on words)

Goldy
13th April 2011, 01:06 PM
adlo, you now know the real reason why OzGolf sprang forth.

Ok - sticking head into lion's mouth - why?

Stating that I am on both forums, and having just read through this entire thread (and then resurrecting it) - I've always been a bit bemused by the level of animosity between certain members across the forums.

I enjoy both - probably contribute more to ISG as I am Melbourne based, and have been to one of the organised days. But I am still intrigued as to the story behind the "split" as I can see there are many guys here who were obviously prolific posters to ISG before OzGolf was started, and would just like to understand the background.

Preparing for onslaught.........now.

BrisVegas
13th April 2011, 01:21 PM
I'll let others talk to the reason for the split.

For me, I couldn't keep up with more than one golf forum. And as most of the guys I'd met and played games with were on ozgolf, I stuck with it and let ISG fall by the wayside. I rarely visit BSG or golfWRX any more either.

ISG had some good stuff discussion and some nice folks. I was kindly hosted for some games in Melbourne by MatthewM and JJJ etc. There were a few wankers on there too, but you get them on all forums.

markTHEblake
13th April 2011, 01:51 PM
Goldy. Not sure where you get this idea of animosity between the forums from. The animosity is one way only even though none of the current crowd at ISG were there when we left so what has caused this insecurity remains a mystery.

The only real issue we ever had was with the administrator. And what they have done since to their forum justifies our decision to run our own place

Yossarian
13th April 2011, 01:56 PM
It is cause we have bigger doodles than those ISG'rs.

live4golf
13th April 2011, 01:57 PM
That live4golf on ISG is a complete tool.....the live4golf on this forum is so much cooler :)

Webster
13th April 2011, 02:01 PM
pretty much all golf forums are full of idiots.

Goldy
13th April 2011, 02:02 PM
Oh, I think it's definitely a mutual thing Mark. As I spend a bit of time on both, let me assure you that in the opinion of a contributor to both (but not to the insults or rubbish directed at either forum or individual), it's very much a two-way street. Me being on both and slagging one or the other would be kind of pointless, and a little weird.

I'm more interested in the "why" in the first instance. You have indicated an issue with the administrator - this may be the beginning of the why.

I'm just curious. Particularly in light of the whole reason most, if not all of us, are here (or there) in the first place - love of golf, and clearly, plenty of time on our hands!

Goldy
13th April 2011, 02:04 PM
pretty much all golf forums are full of idiots.

I don't know that we should limit it to Golf, Jack. ALL internet forums have WAY more than their fair share.

henno
13th April 2011, 02:06 PM
ISG rarely even gets so much as a a mention on here these days. Unless I'm just not looking in the right threads. :?

I stayed here because there were/are far more characters (read: wankers; "my people") and far more golf days. Plus waffle_iron is a flog sock.

markTHEblake
13th April 2011, 02:09 PM
Goldy. You obviously have not seen the tirades of abuse leveled at us from people we do not even know. Pretty sure i have linked to thread a few pages back where i was banned yet it was one of them going off his nut at us

It is not a two way street. Though you are more than welcome to point out the hate mail from the ozgolfers here.

Yossarian
13th April 2011, 02:10 PM
Can we please not talk about it.

Goldy all you need to know is that if you ask someone over there, they won't know, they aren't allowed to talk about it. And you will probably be banned.

Goldy
13th April 2011, 02:18 PM
Interesting Yoss - the search engine on ISG is non-functional, so even if I wanted to look for references to OzGolf, I wouldn't be able to find them.

I'll leave it alone - clearly not a happy topic for some.

just
13th April 2011, 03:27 PM
Don't leave it alone, most Ozgolf wankers are unhappy anyway, not me though I'm as happy as larry. More to the point, you would get more insight by asking kiwi/waffle/sarge et al why they have a high level of animosity to a forum they've never(or hardly ever) been part of, with people they've never met. Ultimately WTFC's! I've got bananas to grow and bicycles to fix.

TheTrueReview
13th April 2011, 03:29 PM
... I've got bananas to grow and bicycles to fix.

Going in the Tour de Banana? :razz:

Yossarian
13th April 2011, 03:29 PM
Don't listen to just. He was the pieman.

Ferrins
13th April 2011, 03:39 PM
One is boring as bat shite and one isn't.

AndyP
13th April 2011, 03:45 PM
One has Tapatalk sometimes, the other doesn't.

Jarro
13th April 2011, 03:46 PM
We just wanted to break free and start up a rebel tour

live4golf
13th April 2011, 03:50 PM
OG is evil, pure evil...Thommo, Virge, Titleist...have all made me a ho

Dotty
13th April 2011, 03:58 PM
Goldy, The only animosity I've seen in recent years, follows a standard formula ...

Some ISG users want to gossip about a third user, or complain about how that site is run (which would get removed/banned anyway).
Since there is no Private Messaging on ISG, those members come over here and post their ISG whinges openly in the OzGolf threads.
Regular OzGolfers point out that this is unethical and disrespectful to this forum's owners and cheque writers.
ISG posters take offence and accuse OzGolfers of being hostile to new members.
They take this baggage back to ISG (which they recently had a problem with) and whinge about this place.

Simple. Don't go to a Ford dealer, if you want to buy a Landcruiser.

PeteyD
13th April 2011, 04:02 PM
Simple. Don't go to a Ford dealer, if you want to buy a Landcruiser.

Go to the supermarket and steal one.

Ferrins
13th April 2011, 04:15 PM
We spoon each other more.

goughy
13th April 2011, 04:32 PM
7 years down and this still comes up. I got over it years ago, but mostly it's mine and leons fault. Though Jim deserves his fare share of the blame (ok, he'll call it credit). We had some issues, had words with the boss, leon and I started our rebel forum (i like to think of out as the alliance (star wars reference cyber high 5)) and really thats about it.

PeteyD
13th April 2011, 04:46 PM
They are poo poo hands, although we now have our own contender for that title.

Outcast
13th April 2011, 04:52 PM
OG is evil, pure evil...Thommo, Virge, Titleist...have all made me a ho

+1

Although I think you had a hand in my becoming a Ho too!!

Sent from the edge of insanity by an evil simpleton!

Eag's
13th April 2011, 04:55 PM
I just joined here because someone said we get a free set of steak knives.......still waiting???

markTHEblake
13th April 2011, 05:13 PM
macleod got the knives. You are more than welcome to try to take them off him.

Jarro
13th April 2011, 05:30 PM
I miss ISG :(

markTHEblake
13th April 2011, 05:36 PM
You miss it? I would have had two majors if it wasnt for Goughy. And he still has that spoon from the Horton Park day.

mike
13th April 2011, 06:10 PM
I was at ISG from the very start. I was actually member #12. Jarro was #11 and I think Gazgolf was 8 or 9. Damo was there too. It was a fairly tame place until a bloke called Jack joined up.

Moe Norman
13th April 2011, 06:36 PM
i had no idea ISG still had an active forum, it amazes me people even bother to go back and look

Jarro
13th April 2011, 06:39 PM
Some of us like to go back and reminisce Moe

3oneday
13th April 2011, 06:40 PM
Is ozgolf still on the swear filter over there ? That was an example of the guys insecurity.

It's harder to get banned here :)

goughy
13th April 2011, 06:48 PM
IIt's harder to get banned here :)

Generally, you need to have a username that rhymes with 'ucky'

Yossarian
13th April 2011, 06:51 PM
F ucky?

Jarro
13th April 2011, 07:16 PM
I was at ISG from the very start. I was actually member #12. Jarro was #11 and I think Gazgolf was 8 or 9. Damo was there too.

I was actually member#13 Mikey ... you were #14

Gaz was #17, Jaster #27, Nudgee #382, golfer69 #80, Damo #197, Goughy #335, BrisVegas #622, AndyP #411, markTHEblake #627

markTHEblake
13th April 2011, 07:22 PM
I was a member long before that when it first started, then they deleted the usernames and we had to sign up again. and I didnt until much later. Golfer69 was probably one of the earliest.

Yossarian
13th April 2011, 07:28 PM
did they transfer you post count over jarro or did you lose it all?

Jarro
13th April 2011, 07:30 PM
no carryover posts, but i can still go back over there are re-read my older pearls of wisdom :)

AndyP
13th April 2011, 07:33 PM
I'm a changed poster since those dark days. I was way too nice back then.

Tapatalk is never gonna give you up, Tapatalk is never gonna let you down.

live4golf
13th April 2011, 07:36 PM
Do you think Ping have threads like this about Titleist on their internal forums?

PeteyD
13th April 2011, 07:37 PM
So OzGolf turned you into a grumpy old man?

BrisVegas
13th April 2011, 07:44 PM
I was a member long before that when it first started, then they deleted the usernames and we had to sign up again. and I didnt until much later. Golfer69 was probably one of the earliest.

yeah that happened to me too. i had just used my real name, which in hindsight wasn't so clever anyway.

damoocow
13th April 2011, 07:45 PM
I'm a changed poster since those dark days. I was way too nice back then.

Tapatalk is never gonna give you up, Tapatalk is never gonna let you down.

I actually went back about a year ago to have a look at what I used to post there - I cannot understand how I never got banned... I was nasty...but I'm different now...

mike
13th April 2011, 07:49 PM
I was actually member#13 Mikey ... you were #14

Gaz was #17, Jaster #27, Nudgee #382, golfer69 #80, Damo #197, Goughy #335, BrisVegas #622, AndyP #411, markTHEblake #627wtf? How did you remember all that?

Jarro
13th April 2011, 08:05 PM
wtf? How did you remember all that?

Hover your cursor over the usernames

Tapa-mafia member

mike
13th April 2011, 08:06 PM
What usernames?

AndyP
13th April 2011, 08:11 PM
So OzGolf turned you into a grumpy old man?
Re-invention. It's just an internet personality. Everyone knows that I'm a smashing chap.

Courty
13th April 2011, 10:09 PM
Hover your cursor over the usernames

According to that I was #226.

LarryLong
13th April 2011, 10:15 PM
#25975 here.

I've never been a founding member of anything.

Eag's
13th April 2011, 10:22 PM
I was #762

Grunt
13th April 2011, 10:35 PM
#1107 for me.

mike
13th April 2011, 11:21 PM
What are you guys hovering over?

Jim
13th April 2011, 11:29 PM
7 years down and this still comes up. I got over it years ago, but mostly it's mine and leons fault. Though Jim deserves his fare share of the blame (ok, he'll call it credit). We had some issues, had words with the boss, leon and I started our rebel forum (i like to think of out as the alliance (star wars reference cyber high 5)) and really thats about it.

Thanks for the acknowledgement Goughy.

And I was number 100 - http://www.ozgolf.net/showthread.php/1115-Site-record-broken

aimnhit
14th April 2011, 12:03 AM
I'm stuck.. Not sure which way to go..

Dotty
14th April 2011, 01:32 AM
I'm stuck.. Not sure which way to go..
Too easy ...

If you follow AFL, then TGF is best for you.
If you follow League, then OzGolf is best for you.
If you follow Justin Beiber, then ISG is best for you.

Jarro
14th April 2011, 06:44 AM
What are you guys hovering over?

Pick a thread .... i looked in the ISG golf days thread ..... look at the members names down the lefhand side ...... pick one name and hover your cursor over it ...... down the bottom lefthand side of your taskbar you should se a number appear ..... that is the users number.

Works here too.

Grunt
14th April 2011, 07:19 AM
Too easy ...

That sums it up well Dotty :)

3oneday
14th April 2011, 08:21 AM

Jarro
14th April 2011, 08:28 AM

What ? Pro-Shop threads ;)

3oneday
14th April 2011, 10:48 AM
at least

dc68
14th April 2011, 12:44 PM
Too easy ...

One of your best Dotty. (insert clapping smiley thingy here)

Toolish
14th April 2011, 03:12 PM
1207 for me over there, 129 here...

Initally made a stack of posts over there....now rarely post on either forum really. Rarely play golf anymore either!

PerryGroves
14th April 2011, 05:06 PM
Too easy ...

If you follow golf..........well all topics have probably been done to death.

We are left with sport, sledging and in Yoss's case trolling. I am happy with that.

Yossarian
14th April 2011, 06:17 PM
I don't troll that much, and I was not ozzie golfer :)

Daves
14th April 2011, 06:30 PM
I don't troll that much, and I was not ozzie golfer :)

I hope not, worst troll ever that one!

Yossarian
14th April 2011, 06:43 PM
I don't think even sms is that unsutble.

Dotty
14th April 2011, 06:58 PM
If you follow golf..........well all topics have probably been done to death.

Then you'd come to this place, purely for the better search facility.

Webster
14th April 2011, 07:30 PM

subtle

PeteyD
14th April 2011, 07:31 PM
stumble

Yossarian
14th April 2011, 07:35 PM
Whoops.

Jarro
14th April 2011, 07:36 PM
ISG doesn't tolerate spelling errors like we do

Eag's
14th April 2011, 07:39 PM
All the cool kids are here anyways.
Oh sorry, that was the clicky cool kids.

PeteyD
14th April 2011, 07:44 PM
Funny. I joined that other mob first, and after some deliberation wanted to play with someone other than old farts at Reddy Bay. Try and get a game in QLD ... nah all down south. Finally I found a post (From Moe I think) that suggested trying oz golf dot net. And then I ended up here, suckers!

MegaWatty
14th April 2011, 07:49 PM
Funny. I joined that other mob first, and after some deliberation wanted to play with someone other than old farts at Reddy Bay. Try and get a game in QLD ... nah all down south. Finally I found a post (From Moe I think) that suggested trying oz golf dot net. And then I ended up here, suckers!

I'm sure they'll accept you back when you decide that this isn't the place for you. ;)

PeteyD
14th April 2011, 07:55 PM
That gives me warm and fuzzies .... hang on a bit.

Moe Norman
14th April 2011, 08:06 PM
yeah I recruited a few QLDers after Westy alerted me to this site and the 2005 champs.

Jarro
14th April 2011, 08:27 PM
Thanks for nothin' Westy :roll:

mike
14th April 2011, 08:37 PM
Does Bebox still run the joint?

Courty
14th April 2011, 08:37 PM
Does Bebox still run the joint?

Send him a PM and ask... oh wait. ;)

Jarro
14th April 2011, 08:38 PM
Nope.

He gave it away years ago

markTHEblake
14th April 2011, 08:43 PM
Really? Maybe we should all go back then. Too many wankers here on Ozgolf.

p.s. Jarro, how do you know that, you been secret buddies with him behind our backs?

MegaWatty
14th April 2011, 08:46 PM
Too many WAnkers here on Ozgolf.

Sorry. :(

mike
14th April 2011, 08:47 PM
I tried to log in last night. Haven't logged on for quite some time.

I couldn't remember the email address I used to log in with and couldn't remember my password.

That was that.

dc68
14th April 2011, 08:50 PM
I found a post (From Moe I think) that suggested trying oz golf dot net. And then I ended up here, suckers!

Same same.

jaybam
14th April 2011, 08:56 PM
I know one of the guys over there that got out and has been involved starting up another golf forum. Actually asked me the other day if I knew shavey and a few others.

Ferrins
14th April 2011, 08:58 PM
I only came here because I thought it was a porn site.

PerryGroves
14th April 2011, 09:02 PM

The golf shite bores me however the opportunity to be my father and tut tut at a spelling error pleases me.

And he is, as an aside.

Peppas
14th April 2011, 09:14 PM
I like golf

Tongueboy
14th April 2011, 09:21 PM
some one mention some prick on there called waffle iron? he is a **** and they do not have a swear filter over there

TheTrueReview
14th April 2011, 09:30 PM
some one mention some prick on there called waffle iron? he is a **** ...

What about that bogan poor excuse for a journalist Matt99? Loves to thread-jack Bowditch's thread with waffle about himself. :roll:

PeteyD
14th April 2011, 09:32 PM
Why does Waffle iron draw so much hate?

Yossarian
14th April 2011, 09:35 PM
Let it go fellas.

Tongueboy
14th April 2011, 09:45 PM
Let it go fellas.

no

Toolish
14th April 2011, 10:02 PM
because he is a dickhead.

He was actually one of the main reasons I stopped posting over threre especially in instruction threads.

markTHEblake
14th April 2011, 10:02 PM

Its a good point, making comments like that does make our whole forum as bad as the other one. If someone wants to slag off on anyone in particular, do it in their own space, not behind their back like a bunch of sheilas.

3oneday
14th April 2011, 10:21 PM
Where is pieman anyway ?

PeteyD
14th April 2011, 10:25 PM
Making love to donut.

jaybam
14th April 2011, 10:27 PM
Pieman is out making money for the local council :)

BrisWesty
15th April 2011, 12:16 AM
yeah I recruited a few QLDers after Westy alerted me to this site and the 2005 champs.

Oops. I came over for the Nudgee Plate in 2005. I think it might have been Jarro who invited me, so it was Jarro's fault.

BrisVegas
15th April 2011, 06:09 AM
good on ya jarro. :roll:

PeteyD
15th April 2011, 08:40 AM
Who invited SMS? I know I blame TGF for banning him.

goughy
15th April 2011, 08:47 AM
SMS was banned at TGF!

Respect.

dc68
15th April 2011, 12:03 PM
I only came here because I thought it was a porn site.

Damn stupid Virginia back marker day.......

PeteyD
15th April 2011, 12:09 PM
Haha.

dc68
15th April 2011, 12:39 PM
Your fault!!!

PeteyD
15th April 2011, 12:56 PM
WTF? You were the one buttering him up :D

Marto65
15th April 2011, 02:20 PM
You know ... the more this thread comes up ... the more it gives credence to the other site.

Eldrick
15th April 2011, 02:31 PM
bump

sms316
15th April 2011, 03:48 PM
I quite like ISG.

(Some days you need to look at such things to realise how lucky you are). :wink:

Who invited SMS? I know I blame TGF for banning him.
Wanker.

SMS was banned at TGF!

Respect.
Indeed.

However they have now seen the error of their ways and reinstated me in order to restore some credibility.

PeteyD
15th April 2011, 03:51 PM
Book some old ladies today? Hope you got some cabbies.

sms316
15th April 2011, 03:53 PM
Book some old ladies today? Hope you got some cabbies.

I did book a disabled guy for parking in a no stopping area. That made me feel all warm and fuzzy.

PeteyD
15th April 2011, 03:59 PM
Haha. What a job.