PDA

View Full Version : Week Commencing 5th September

Grunt
5th September 2005, 01:14 PM
Played my 1/4 final of the club matchplay this morning. Lost at the 20th hole. :cry:
Am absolutely gutted and drained. Came back from 2 down after 14 to be 1 up at 18. Had my chances to win at both the 18th & 19th but the putts lipped out. :?
Then on the 20th the guy I am playing hits it thin just misses a tree off the footpath and onto the green 5ft from the pin. I lost it there and then, I could barely swing the club. I think I now know how it must have felt for Greg Norman with all those assy shots sinking him. I know what I was playing for is not as big as what he was but it was big to me. Never been so down after a round.
I played my ass off shooting 89 gross 64 nett, 4 pars, 1 birdie, 6 out of 12 fairways, 4 GIR & 32 putts.

Oh well back again tomorrow for another go at torturing myself @ New Brighton.

amanda
5th September 2005, 01:55 PM
Grant - mate - you have been playing great - bad luck - you'll be more hungry next year :)

What time are you playing NB? The veterans are usually teeing off from 7ish to 9ish.

Grunt
6th September 2005, 01:32 PM
Finally conquered New Brighton :lol: 93 gross, 68 nett, 6 pars, 1 birdie; could have been better, greens were quite sandy and hard to putt on, but I will take what I can get.
Very happy to cross off another course that I have not broken par (nett) on.
It is no longer my bogey course :lol:

Eastlake tomorrow. :wink:

amanda
7th September 2005, 09:53 AM
Great work Grant :)

Grunt
7th September 2005, 12:30 PM
Played Eastlake this morning, started off well 18 points front nine but faded badly to score 12 on the back nine for a sum total of 30 points. It might have been a tough day all round as that was the highest score for the group with 3 of us getting it.

I guess I might be getting tired with 4 rounds in 3 days and after the drain the matchplay had on me Monday, I am happy to be able to score at all. I did notice the swing really faltered towards the end of todays round.

Oh well back to work tomorrow, no golf till next Tuesday maybe :?

jaster
7th September 2005, 12:35 PM
:shock: Man I wish I had your lifestyle Grunt!! 8) You sure play some golf mate :D Lucky bugger!! :wink:

cazandpaul
7th September 2005, 01:47 PM
31 very frustrating points this morning - booked a lesson for next week as I can't keep going along like this :?

McMw
8th September 2005, 09:55 PM
8 pars 1 bogey...I'll take it... :D
gave myself some birdie chances, but putting (line) today was terrible... :evil:

BrisVegas
9th September 2005, 07:38 AM
scored another 18 holes at Brookwater yesterday arvo... Had to work all night Wednesday night though... :x

82 gross.
11 fairways
8 GIR
32 putts

Pretty happy with how i'm hitting it again, after playing a few games this part fortight. Putting is still "average" and my <100 metre game is woeful.

Played with Brooky17 and he had 84 off the bat, for a 69 nett. He's hitting the ball great.

We both lamented after the round how nice it would be to play regularly :roll:

macleod
9th September 2005, 03:10 PM
after getting the chop on tuesday i manatged to finish out the 'blackmail" part of my contract one day early so was jobless today. lyndal rang me and ordered me to go play golf so i did..

tried to go play the dingo hill at Gailes off the very back tees today, have had a few light sessions at the driving range in the last week, so figured i might try.....that was a dumb move for a comeback. ;)

was ok and tentative down the first for par, then a double, followed by 2 birdie's back to back, a nice shot to 1.8m on the 3rd par 3 then the 21 cap playing with us put it to 1.27, an awesome shot, birdie the short par 4....and then it all went downhill....i only really held up until half way through the nine and it just got worse physically from there. the more the swing loosened the worse it got...a lesson in there somewhere...the burger at the turn didn't help :D

guys i was playing with were great about it, so no probs me just plodding along with a lot of ordinary shot and pulling off the ball a bit with the back.

have lost pretty much everything in terms of touch, driving etc and rounded out with a nice 101 gross, 86 nett. 46 front, 55 back.

will rest with some nice breznak pilsners this arvo.....

McMw
10th September 2005, 06:57 PM
6 bogeys 2 birds...39/35...
missed 3 shortish putts...not happy... :roll: :roll: :roll:

jaster
10th September 2005, 08:08 PM
after getting the chop on tuesday

If you got the "chop" as in the "F#@# CHOP" and still played golf 3 days after then you are my hero...I had it done and was sore for a week :shock:

jaster
10th September 2005, 08:09 PM
I had a choke of giant proportions today.
Played at Riverlakes in a single stroke off the back marks.
Shot 4 over the front side with 2 doubles....and was travelling beautifully on the back being five under the handicap with 4 to play.
Finished with 3 triples on the last four holes with some head shaking shotmaking.
86/11/75

Burglar!!!

Trung
10th September 2005, 09:37 PM
33 points today :D

macleod
11th September 2005, 09:52 AM

If you got the "chop" as in the "F#@# CHOP" and still played golf 3 days after then you are my hero...I had it done and was sore for a week  :shock:

nah, got let out of my contract early but "forcibly", i/e 3 days to handover my job to the new idiot thick-as-shlte bltchho teamleader or they would initiate the one week notice clause in my contract. had to handover to get paid out till the ned of the month....they call it helping me, i call it pure distrust..felt like telling her to f^ckoff when she told me and let her stew in panic, but had to think of the money...:(

Bruce
11th September 2005, 10:24 AM
4BBB at Mirboo Nth. Partnered up with a bloke who just turned up to see if anyone wanted a game - same as I did.

3 putt par on the 290m 1st. (A long way downhill)

We finished with 47 points to win on countback!! Would have had 41 on my own. :D :D :D

It turns out this was a qualifier for one of the club's major trophies and so we have to come back next week as the top qualifier for matchplay. Only 4 teams going through - but it could mean I am booked for GF day up here. Even next week will take some juggling, but there's no way I'm giving up to chance to play off.

jaster
11th September 2005, 12:07 PM

If you got the "chop" as in the "F#@# CHOP" and still played golf 3 days after then you are my hero...I had it done and was sore for a week :shock:

nah, got let out of my contract early but "forcibly", i/e 3 days to handover my job to the new idiot thick-as-shlte bltchho teamleader or they would initiate the one week notice clause in my contract. had to handover to get paid out till the ned of the month....they call it helping me, i call it pure distrust..felt like telling her to f^ckoff when she told me and let her stew in panic, but had to think of the money...:(

:cry: :x Bastards!!!

jaster
11th September 2005, 12:09 PM
Well done Bruce :smt023

Pinglauncher
11th September 2005, 04:40 PM
38 points again today. Boy was it windy out there and as we are going down the last hole it decises to die down :roll:

McMw
11th September 2005, 07:08 PM
after a 3 putt bogey on the first hole, and a 3 putt bogey on the 5th (from 6 ft), an 80 was prob the best/worst I was hoping for...

wat a !@#$ed up afternoon of golf!!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

freddy a
11th September 2005, 07:24 PM
I was 2 under off the stick after 9 holes going beutifully I had 1 bogey and 3 birdies could have had an eagle but left it 1m short the rest pars. Then on the back 9 my swing let me down 2 pars and the rest bogeys. I was happy all round as it was my first game back in 2 weeks. But I let this oppurtunity of a low 70 or even high 60 round get away. My best score this year was a 75. That was a scratchy 75 with not too many birdie chances just chipped and putted very well.
At least I think I'm peaking at the right time for our club champs.

jimandr
11th September 2005, 08:15 PM
My first round for three weeks, and I experienced the very lows, then very highs and then a gradual let down for my 34 points.

Started as if I'd never played before with double and triple, then played fantastic the rest of the nine for three under the next seven. This nine had normal greens.

The back nine had been cored and sanded during the week. They weren't too bad, but my poor chipping meant I couldn't get close enough to hole putts.

Fairways = 8 of 14
GIR = 10 of 18, 3 birdies, one 3-putt
Putts = 33
Up and Down = 1 of 6 :cry:
Sand Saves = 0 of 1.

mike
11th September 2005, 09:21 PM
First comp round in a month. Took the new driver for a hit.
78 gross 67 nett.
Woohoo !
Hope the handicap doesn't drop too much. I'm lined up to play B grade pennants next month.

jaster
11th September 2005, 09:38 PM
Well played mike :wink: What brand is this magic new driver then?

mike
11th September 2005, 09:58 PM
It's macleod's and Dan's old Spectrum, Jaster. Still has the tape marks on the sole.

jaster
11th September 2005, 09:59 PM
Nice, a bomber if there was ever one 8)

mike
11th September 2005, 10:02 PM
Yeah great club but I'm really struggling with the head cover. :roll: You need three hands to get the damn thing on.

McMw
11th September 2005, 11:49 PM
boy...if I tot yesterday was bad.... :shock:
40/40 - 80 for the round...
just didn't feel right all arvo... :roll: :roll: :roll:

BrisVegas
12th September 2005, 06:31 AM
I was 2 under off the stick after 9 holes going beutifully.....

Struth freddy! What's your handicap? :shock:

Virgal_Tracy
12th September 2005, 07:32 AM
1st rnd since the little fela arrived. Started out better than expected. PAr 5 1st shot into fairway bunker, 2nd hit the lip but still went 100 finished up with par. Was a stableford round finished front 9 with 19 and then fell apart towards the back end and finished with 32 points.

Will take any round I can get at the moment.

AndyP
12th September 2005, 09:52 AM
10/09/2005, Town of Nambour Open (Round 1)

Woeful! Pretty depressing round really.
Dropped the 3W, because of its compulsive hooking, for the 19° Hybrid, only for the replacement to be just as bad.
Nothing positive to take out of the round, except a refreshed attitude for the next day of golf.

4/12 effective T-shots.
3/18 effective approaches.
34 putts.
-------------
4 pars.
8 bogeys.
4 doubles.
2 others.

Score 48-44-92 nett 80 (par 34-34-68 )

AndyP
12th September 2005, 09:53 AM
11/09/2005, Town of Nambour Open (Round 2)

Philosophy of the day was “Just hit the f*%ker” and to relax and enjoy the day.
Having not hit the ball well the day before, I decided to take the opportunity to throw my conservative strategies out the window and play aggressively, such as, using the driver off the tee more.

Although the poor play of the day before wasn’t completely erased, I felt better over the ball, and hit some good shots. Unfortunately, my chipping around the greens was disgraceful.

After having a can of scotch at the half-way mark, I put in the following run of holes: triple, birdie, par, par, par, par, par, triple, bogey. Interesting, but encouraging.
Put the 3W back in the bag, and even it came good. Hoozah!

8/12 effective T-shots.
6/18 effective approaches.
33 putts.
-----
1 birdies.
6 pars.
7 bogeys.
2 doubles.
2 others.

Score 44-40-84 nett 72 (par 34-34-68 )

Total 176 nett 152 (+16)

freddy a
12th September 2005, 11:16 AM
im off 9 vegas

Flowergirl
12th September 2005, 01:01 PM
Only played three holes last Wed. Have had a bad toothache the past week and having to use pretty strong painkillers. After having an 8 on the first and then a nine :shock: and feeling quite out of it I ended up lying on the ground and not knowing how I got there. Now - I've been known to end up on a Friday night like this - but not on Wed morning at golf. :shock:
Got taken home and tucked up into bed and advised to slow down on the drugs for a while. :twisted: Tooth has settled down now and feeling better now - thanks for asking.
Played in the Holden Scramble on Friday. We all played pretty average - nothing great - and nothing bad. One of the girls in the other team is off 4 - and it was a delight to watch her. Fantastic stuff :D I had one of the best days - as in fun - on the golf course. It was no pressure, good fun and lots of laughs.

AndyP
12th September 2005, 01:31 PM
I'm sure you could have recovered from 17 in the first two holes, if given the chance, FG.

Bruce
12th September 2005, 01:39 PM
You are such a drama queen FG :wink:

Flowergirl
12th September 2005, 02:06 PM
Thanks for the sympathy you mongrels :twisted:
I actually dragged myself up off the ground and parred the next hole. Then I decided to quit -
drama queen - moi????? ( I really was in a pretty bad way - coedine and I don't party too well)

AndyP
31st October 2005, 01:12 PM
First comp round in a month. Took the new driver for a hit.
78 gross 67 nett.
Woohoo !
Hope the handicap doesn't drop too much. I'm lined up to play B grade pennants next month.
So what has your handicap dropped to Mike? Did you get into A grade.