PDA

View Full Version : Best free GPS for andriod

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
8th March 2012, 09:36 AM
just woundering what everyone else is useing, i just want to put one on my driod for when i travel

cheers

john

goughy
8th March 2012, 10:25 AM
You're talking GPS for golfing use, or are you talking about for general navigation?

BrisVegas
8th March 2012, 10:47 AM
I use the app called 'Maps' and if I want spoken directions, I think it opens up 'Navigation'. It works fine. It has saved a few arguments with the co-pilot.

WBennett
8th March 2012, 12:54 PM
Golf - Skydroid - $2 from the app store.

goughy
8th March 2012, 12:56 PM
Yep, go to the market and search google maps, then download and install. Works great, has full navigation built in and if you have streetview installed it shows you a pic of the location you're agree once about there. I use it multiple times a week. But it does use your data to download the maps.

Jarro
8th March 2012, 01:33 PM
I use the app called 'Maps' and if I want spoken directions, I think it opens up 'Navigation'. It works fine. It has saved a few arguments with the co-pilot.

same :)

markTHEblake
8th March 2012, 01:50 PM
Google maps was a lifesaver for me when overseas, without it would have been lost. On top of the navigation benefits simple things like knowing when your stop is coming up on the train or the taxi driver doesn't understand where you are going

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
11th March 2012, 09:33 AM
Lol sorry boys,.golf gps of app is what I ment, :)

Lobsta
11th March 2012, 12:16 PM
All android apps are free if you know where to look...

THEDUKEOFCORNWALL
11th March 2012, 01:30 PM
Torrents?

Yossarian
11th March 2012, 09:07 PM
Golf - Skydroid - $2 from the app store.

How is it for australian courses?

Lobsta
11th March 2012, 10:28 PM
Torrents?

Search for aptoide in the android market.

oncewasagolfer
14th March 2012, 10:43 AM
Search for aptoide in the android market. Thanks. Installed. Dont know much about android just have an old tablet lying around might as well use it.

oncewasagolfer
15th March 2012, 03:40 PM
Tried golfshot gps yesterday but could hardly read the screen on the tablet is terrible in the sun. Looks like I might have to buy another golf gps device after all.

WBennett
15th March 2012, 04:03 PM
How is it for australian courses?

Excellent.

Map your own courses and add custom points using Google Maps. Assuming the course you are playing is accurate in GM, its great.

mrbluu
27th March 2012, 08:05 AM
i use golf frontier, it's free and u don't need to have the internet on so u save battery.

Daves
27th March 2012, 09:00 AM
I have used mScorecard for years, firstly on my Symbian Nokias, and now my Android Galaxy S2. Excellent Stats program and the GPS is easy to use and you can self map. Only issue is battery life with the GPS on.

http://www.mscorecard.com/mscorecard/news110716_free.php

ozpaul
9th June 2013, 09:10 AM
Any updates on free golf gps apps?

Needs to have plenty courses available for free

Have tried:
golflogix, swingbyswing, freecaddie, golf pad, golf gps, skydroid, mobitee, golf frontier, golf shot, hrange, igolf, pin high, calton hill, caddieku, goplanet, webcaddy, golf comparison, golf gps now, green golf, proto golf, birdi, HIO, true golf, PGST, simple, JL

Some of the above are excellent, but they require data connection on the course to work.

I want to load courses at home then use on the courses without data connection, without cost

Comprende?

idgolfguy
9th June 2013, 05:47 PM
All android apps are free if you know where to look...
Arrrr...me matey! You're a pirate!

mrbluu
9th June 2013, 11:31 PM
Any updates on free golf gps apps?

Needs to have plenty courses available for free

Have tried:
golflogix, swingbyswing, freecaddie, golf pad, golf gps, skydroid, mobitee, golf frontier, golf shot, hrange, igolf, pin high, calton hill, caddieku, goplanet, webcaddy, golf comparison, golf gps now, green golf, proto golf, birdi, HIO, true golf, PGST, simple, JL

Some of the above are excellent, but they require data connection on the course to work.

I want to load courses at home then use on the courses without data connection, without cost

Comprende?

Buy a laser rangefinder.....

ozpaul
13th June 2013, 09:30 PM
i just tried frontier golf pro, $2 app

does ok job of distance to flag, but plan view of the course and hole is piss poor

plenty courses available

still looking