PDA

View Full Version : Just when I thought it was getting quiet over there...

shu
14th June 2004, 10:12 PM
Hi guys,

I was wondering how come the "other" golf forum (as you all so fondly refer it :) ) was getting kinda quiet and then I stumbled onto this site through a pic that jaster posted on BSG. I think it was a pic of Jack Nicklaus. And it looks like most of you guys moved over here!

I don't post much on the "other" golf forum, mainly just reading through posts just like I do on BSG, TSG, FGI etc etc

Anyway, I'm Sau and from Perth, WA. Nice to meet y'all! 8)

andylo
14th June 2004, 10:15 PM
Welcome :)

AndyP
15th June 2004, 02:36 AM
G'day shu. Glad you could join us. Don't be shy in posting. 8)

goughy
15th June 2004, 06:25 AM
Hi shu. How ya going?

It's called the "other" golf forum here because we have it's name in the swear filter. Probably time to remove it now. Things seem pretty settled here.

Have fun :D

Jarro
15th June 2004, 08:40 AM
welcome mate, good to see some "new blood" in here 8)

look forward to reading your contributions. :D

McMw
15th June 2004, 08:42 AM
another from Perth - awesome... :lol:

Golfgirl
15th June 2004, 11:06 AM
Welcome Shu - good to have you aboard.... :D

It's called the "other" golf forum here because we have it's name in the swear filter. Probably time to remove it now. Things seem pretty settled here.

Oh?? I just thought that we called it that to try and be politically correct.... I've actually never tried to type the letters I S G over here..... :?

wavemaker
15th June 2004, 11:35 AM
gooday shu and welcome, sorry if this is a stupid question but what is bsg, fgi,tsg. i reckon the g is for golf so just fill me in on the rest.

Jarro
15th June 2004, 11:40 AM
gooday shu and welcome, sorry if this is a stupid question but what is bsg, fgi,tsg. i reckon the g is for golf so just fill me in on the rest.

Wavy,

BSG = bombsquadgolf

FGI = freegolfinfo

TSG = tourspecgolf

8)

wavemaker
15th June 2004, 12:50 PM
thanks jarro.

Fishman Dan
15th June 2004, 01:05 PM

Yeah, ffs Shu, msc!

[Please don't ask].

G'day Shu. You still find most of us post on ISG aswell.. ;)

wavemaker
15th June 2004, 01:12 PM
fishman, i have to ask, what is that?

shu
15th June 2004, 03:10 PM
Thanks for the welcome guys...I'll try to keep the posts coming and prove that I don't have a life :)

wavemaker,
The other golf forums have been explained...ffs = for $!@# sakes and mcs....i have no idea :-s

Fishman Dan
15th June 2004, 03:45 PM
I'll try to keep the posts coming and prove that I don't have a life :)

Offending the top 10% of posters at this site isn't a good way to begin your career. :lol:

jaster
15th June 2004, 05:21 PM
Hey Shu, glad you could make it and hope you stay :)

Onewood
15th June 2004, 05:32 PM
Hey Shu, glad you could make it and hope you stay :)

Welcome Stu :P how the courses in the west...I played a lot up in Kambalda-Kalgoorlie :roll:

shu
15th June 2004, 06:39 PM
Welcome Stu :P how the courses in the west...I played a lot up in Kambalda-Kalgoorlie :roll:

I haven't been to Kambalda-Kalgoorlie, so I can't say :lol: I only managed to play the public courses around Perth (Vines, Kennedy Bay, Araluen etc) but usually play a local public course, Collier Park, that's right opposite my uni. Kennedy Bay is nice, Araluen is a very scenic course and Collier Park, well it's a hacker's course meant for uni students like me :D

Not a member of any private courses like you lucky lot :D but I might be joining Royal Fremantle GC in the next couple of months.

Onewood
15th June 2004, 10:12 PM
Shu, don't rush up to Kal to play the courses :D Sand greens and brown fairway's.......but hey it was still "GOLF" :D

McMw
15th June 2004, 10:40 PM
I only managed to play the public courses around Perth (Vines, Kennedy Bay, Araluen etc) but usually play a local public course, Collier Park, that's right opposite my uni. Kennedy Bay is nice, Araluen is a very scenic course and Collier Park, well it's a hacker's course meant for uni students like me :D
Not a member of any private courses like you lucky lot :D but I might be joining Royal Fremantle GC in the next couple of months.

sounds like we might have to arrange a hit the next time I'm in Perth!!! :)

Not a big fan for Royal Freo - but it is a good test...

shu
16th June 2004, 08:11 PM
sounds like we might have to arrange a hit the next time I'm in Perth!!! :)

Not a big fan for Royal Freo - but it is a good test...

Anytime mate! :D My dad recently came to Perth and played several private courses and said that Royal Freo was in the best condition....even better than Royal Perth 8)