PDA

View Full Version : For Sale: Whatever Might Be Left At The Logan Driving Range

Lobsta
4th March 2012, 03:48 PM
Hi there guys,

I have found out that the Logan Driving Range is closing down because the Council wants to grow Llamas there or something instead. My brother and I have between us $360 of vouchers that we were given as Christmas presents from our parents for lessons, that we need to get rid of obviously. I have spoken to the pro shop there, and they said that I can go down there tomorrow to speak to the owner. I will be putting on my scariest face to try and get a refund on the face value of the vouchers, but if this ends up in a dead end, then my only avenue of relief may be to pick over the carcass of their pro shop to the value of the vouchers and try and on-sell the items to recover as much of that money as possible.

Does anybody have anything that they want that I could specifically look for to guarantee some resale. They supposedly have shoes, balls and clothes still there, and one would assume some clubs and other shit too.

A stack of balls would be nice and easy, especially if they have any big names left like Pro V's or Pentas or the like. If you don't have anything that you specifically want, any ideas on what would have the best resale value so that I can get something back on this?

Any request lists in here or via PM, and shoot me a phone number by PM any I can call you with availability.

Lobby

timah!
4th March 2012, 03:51 PM
Lobby, can you see if they want to sell some of their range pills cheap?

timah!
4th March 2012, 03:52 PM
They had some FJ streets when I was there last.
But I'd go for the range simulator! :lol:

popper81
4th March 2012, 03:52 PM
Lobby,
was in there yesterday.....Not much left to be honest. They defs don't have a large range of balls. Sure they will be able to sort something out.

Andy

markTHEblake
4th March 2012, 05:40 PM
Lobby, the young lady that owns this range is going to do her arse. She is in the army and financed a couple of houses for her boyfriend who was running it. She put about 300k into it.

The boyfriend ran off with another bit of skirt leaving her with a bUsiness she does not want, and couldnt sell it as nobody wanted to touch it, as has less than two years on the lease an owner would not renew. So all she could do was put a manager in their.

Unless of course she did sell it to some unlucky chump, who has lost almost all of the $220k odd she was asking for.

Double D
4th March 2012, 05:53 PM
They had some FJ streets when I was there last.
But I'd go for the range simulator! :lol:

FJ strees were there this morning - 100 bucks I think. Not much else though, can't believe that place won't be open tomorrow.

Courty
4th March 2012, 07:12 PM
Hi there guys,

I have found out that the Logan Driving Range is closing down because the Council wants to grow Llamas there or something instead

Solarman will be interested if you can get one of the llamas at a good price. :lol:

popper81
4th March 2012, 07:13 PM
Solarman will be interested if you can get one of the llamas at a good price. :lol: For pet, partner or protein?

Courty
4th March 2012, 07:15 PM
For pet, partner or protein?

d) All of the above. ;)

Lobsta
5th March 2012, 12:35 AM
For those that care and didn't already see this in the pisses me off thread, I have returned home from work to discover that the vouchers I was worried about were issued through a mob called Leading Edge Golf, and can be redeemed at 250 locations around Australia, so I should be able to book in with the same pro at her new job at Riverlakes. Yay!

PeteyD
5th March 2012, 10:08 AM
Good news Lobby.

Still crap news for the range though.

jaybam
5th March 2012, 10:09 AM
Nearest range will be Logan city now then.

timah!
5th March 2012, 10:49 AM
Nearest range will be Logan city now then.

That's not a range...
:(

popper81
5th March 2012, 10:56 AM
That's not a range...:( Ooo Timmy, it will be fine... It is grass you hit someone else's shitty balls on, and pay for the privilege of. The young fella in my Pennant team works there most nights. ;) Mt warren could be getting bit more traffic fromus, once the swamp dries out.

Steve57
5th March 2012, 11:14 AM
Riverlakes has the aquatic range. Balls are good but distance judgement is a problem unless you have a laser range finder or Zelocity launch monitor.

Double D
5th March 2012, 02:32 PM
That's not a range...
:(

It isn't a range...it's a paddock where some balls are hit with a 50% chance of your car disappearing.