PDA

View Full Version : FFA dumps Gold Coast United

shavey
29th February 2012, 04:30 PM
http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/ffa-dump-gold-coast-united-from-the-a-league-as-club-pays-price-for-owner-clive-palmers-agitation/story-e6frf4gl-1226285089378

D (http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/ffa-dump-gold-coast-united-from-the-a-league-as-club-pays-price-for-owner-clive-palmers-agitation/story-e6frf4gl-1226285089378)icky, you can now resort to the nose picking exploits in the comfort of your own home.

shavey
29th February 2012, 04:32 PM
Apologies, thought this was worthy of a separate thread and not just for the roundball fanatics.

Truly incredible what has transpired the past few weeks!

sms316
29th February 2012, 04:38 PM
I hope Palmer doesn't find golf boring or the PGA might be next on his hit list.

Dotty
29th February 2012, 04:47 PM
Dicky will buy them and they'll be back in the A-League as 'King Island United'.

Marto65
29th February 2012, 05:28 PM
Geez ... someone send a defibrilator over to Dicky's house ...

Moe Norman
29th February 2012, 05:39 PM
FFA throwing the toys out of the cot after someone with a bit of influence points out just how inept they are.

My limited understanding of Palmers long term gripes with them in relation to GCU is that they were treated extremely different to some other clubs, as an attitude prevailed at the FFA 'that Palmer has deep pockets, so he can look after it'.

Jarro
29th February 2012, 05:40 PM
meh

poidda
29th February 2012, 05:41 PM
Depending on what they with the remaining games, this could seriously **** up our chances of winning the plate. With only 4 games to play and only 3pts behind mariners, we're the in-form team. If all GCU's games become null and void, we would effectively be 6pts behind. Surely the FFA lock the fat bastard out and are in contact with the rest of the club.

Is "Hyatt" Coolum the next thing he ****s up?

poidda
29th February 2012, 05:44 PM
FFA throwing the toys out of the cot after someone with a bit of influence points out just how inept they are.

My limited understanding of Palmers long term gripes with them in relation to GCU is that they were treated extremely different to some other clubs, as an attitude prevailed at the FFA 'that Palmer has deep pockets, so he can look after it'.

Is that straight from the palmer propaganda manual? He's the one throwing toys out of the cot after he's made a complete clusterf*&k of GCU and himself. He was never going to be around next year, so mouthed off in the media to force FFA to kick him out. Just so the fat prick can take it to courts.

Lowy v Palmer. I think I know who has the bigger pockets and testicles with this one. Bye Bye Palmer.

IamViva
29th February 2012, 06:22 PM
i find the whole situtation strange... he sacks miron bleiberg for speaking his mind and then 1 week later a "freedom of speach" sign has replaced there sponsor... with gcu poor crowd numbers one could think that he did try force a hand to get him out of the ownership

WBennett
29th February 2012, 06:58 PM
Clive Palmer seems like a right royal ****

Bruce
29th February 2012, 07:21 PM
What happens to any season wagers if one team gets kicked out of the comp?

sms316
29th February 2012, 07:44 PM
Jarro and Scottt will adjudicate

Bruce
29th February 2012, 10:15 PM
Week 8 MVFC 3- GCU 1
Week 17 MVFC 1 - GCU 1
Week 21 MVFC 1 - GCU 1

Looks like a win to the boys in blue then.

3oneday
29th February 2012, 10:22 PM
There's talk of them playing under the FFA banner for the last 4 games. Seems like a peeing contest though, mr 5.9 billion v mr 6.0 billion.

Goldy
29th February 2012, 10:42 PM
Palmer is iGolf.

kingslayer33
29th February 2012, 10:47 PM
Palmer is iGolf. Gold Goldy!

Bruce
1st March 2012, 06:12 PM
Just watched Clive's latest press conference. A mad woman's shit is more coherent than today's performance.

I don't know that much about Mr Palmer, but based on what I have seen lately he must have a LOT of smart people working for him that somehow turn his crazy ramblings into things that work.

timah!
1st March 2012, 09:23 PM
I hope Palmer doesn't find golf boring or the PGA might be next on his hit list.

He's doing great things with the Hyatt atm!

shavey
1st March 2012, 10:30 PM
Had the crisis talks with FFA and GCU players at work today, with the obligatory press hounds waiting by. FFA boys were there for most of the days before the team arrived. Believed that they settled on a deal for the remainder of the season, unsure where the GCU home games will be played as they are looking for somewhere smaller.

poidda
2nd March 2012, 09:41 AM
Had the crisis talks with FFA and GCU players at work today, with the obligatory press hounds waiting by. FFA boys were there for most of the days before the team arrived. Believed that they settled on a deal for the remainder of the season, unsure where the GCU home games will be played as they are looking for somewhere smaller.

If FFA were smart they'd move GCU v Brisbanes game to Suncorp and cash in on the last game of the season where we might have the chance to win the Plate.

Moe Norman
2nd March 2012, 10:32 AM
Is that straight from the palmer propaganda manual? He's the one throwing toys out of the cot after he's made a complete clusterf*&k of GCU and himself. He was never going to be around next year, so mouthed off in the media to force FFA to kick him out. Just so the fat prick can take it to courts.

Really? From my understanding he has been complaining for several years now at the inconsistency of the FFA and their treatment of the competing clubs. Palmer has pumped more money into soccer than Lowy for far less fanfare, and has had to deal with a governing body that holds the view that 'that club has a rich owner, so we won't engage with them as they can afford to pay for everything themselves'

Lowy v Palmer. I think I know who has the bigger pockets and testicles with this one. Bye Bye Palmer.

if you think Lowy can compete with Palmer financially, you're kidding yourself. Not that this is about a pissing contest anyway.

If people really think the FFA are doing a good job, good luck to them! $43m spent for a single vote, selling TV rights for $2.1m !!

Recruiting O'Neill and then Buckley to run the show, despite lifelong careers and interest in other sports. Charging exhorbitant license fees with no return to the game for setting up a club, putting marginal owners well behind the 8-ball before they even kick a ball in anger.

The list goes on. They are a basket case, and soccer people are just getting upset that someone has pointed out the obvious, because he is a bit of a quack with plenty of coin.

poidda
2nd March 2012, 11:03 AM
Oh Moe, you live in Palmers house right? Do you also deliver Palmer Propaganda Pamphlets for him?

Palmer has put no where near as much money, and time, into football as what Lowy has in the past 10 years. Palmer tried to jump on the bandwagon just 4 years ago as Lowy and co had Australia accepted into the Asian conference. The big rich miners like Palmer, Sage, Tinkler and now the Barkies, saw a ticket into Asia as a self promotion because they own a football team competing in the Asian Champions League. GCU failed miserably to qualify in the first couple of years, and now Palmer is throwing his toys out of his cot.

Lowy took football from NSL to A-League now, and with twats like Palmer running the show, it will go straight back to the NSL in no time.

The WC vote was corrupt and everyone knows that, so i don't see your point. Without Qatar buying the votes, it would have been a completely different story. That's common knowledge. And as for selling TV rights for $2.1m back before there was even a league.... you're a salesman aren't you? Isn't it near impossible to sell an imaginary product?

And I don't know a single soccer person that is sad to see the back of Clive Palmer. Ask Dicky. It's his team.

So yeah, you need to take yourself off Clives mailing list and check back in with reality. :)

TourFit
2nd March 2012, 12:03 PM
Agreed...Palmer is just a selfish, self interested rich prick who is used to GIVING orders and MAKING rules. Certainly not FOLLOWING them.

The FFA are the world recognised body, and 'answer' to the AFC, who in turn 'answer' to FIFA. And while that system is not perfect (far from it), it is interesting to note that neither is the IOC, or FIA or UCI, or any other world sporting body.

Palmer should take his head out of the clouds (and stick it back up his arse) if he thinks that he will be able to change a long standing, worldwide organisation with BILLIONS of followers in the sport.

I, for one, am not sad to see the fat prick go.

To quote Don Diego "...the ball doesn't get dirty!"

TheAwesom1
2nd March 2012, 12:25 PM
Do Victory get 3 points from Saturday night's game?

We really need them.

Yossarian
2nd March 2012, 12:26 PM
What is FFA?

TourFit
2nd March 2012, 01:31 PM
Fat F*ckers & Arseholes.

Actually, it's Football Federation Australia.

jeffblaz
6th March 2012, 01:23 AM
i think it is one big pissing contest from both parties...

unfortunately football world wide is the same, everyone has their own agenda and its not usually in favour of the fans who buy the tickets...