PDA

View Full Version : Indooroopilly...June 27th...

terryand
14th June 2004, 08:21 PM
As Onewood said in the other thread, we have a day at Indro on Sunday the 27th on June.On the East coarse,the price will be $33.

I'm sorry its not the West coarse, but I can't get more than 3 on the West at this price.

Trust me the East coarse is a tricky,long setup and is in great nick just like the West.

Times will be.
9.18 or

The later might be better to give us an half an hour after the The Japanese Chamber of Commerce tee off, this could be interesting to see.

We can have more if we need to but 12 seems to be around the mark.

So who's in.

Terry.

gazgolf1
14th June 2004, 08:29 PM
I'm in Terry. 8)

nudgee
14th June 2004, 08:33 PM
Me too Terry :wink: Heck with a bit of luck the R7 TP Tour may debut at this event :D

AndyP
15th June 2004, 01:27 AM
As stated elsewhere, there is a very high probability that I will be in Canberra. But I hope you all have another good OzGolf day.

onewood, how are those OzGolf Day scores you are keeping track of going :?:

Jono
15th June 2004, 05:58 AM
Pencil me in, Tez. I am rostered to work that weekend, but I should be able to swap with someone. Can't go back to Sydney without playing Indro, can I? :D I should be able to give you a definite answer by Thursday.

Jarro
15th June 2004, 08:49 AM
i'll be there Tezza 8)

like you thought i wouldn't :roll: :lol:

990B Luva
15th June 2004, 09:18 AM
im in

Eag's
15th June 2004, 11:38 AM
Put me down :wink:

Jarro
15th June 2004, 11:54 AM
Put me down :wink:

need a lift mate :wink:

BrisVegas
15th June 2004, 02:43 PM
Put me down as a "tentative" please Terry.

I got some work to do between now and then before I'll be allowed out with you guys again... :cry:

terryand
15th June 2004, 03:06 PM
OK times will be....

And if we get enough we can get 9.24 aswell.

Terry.

Onewood
15th June 2004, 05:46 PM
Can I play :wink:

Jono
15th June 2004, 06:06 PM
Tez,

I am a definite. Swapped out of my weekend shift which means I'll have to work two weekends in a row afterwards, but small price to pay for a day at Indro! 8)

BrisVegas
15th June 2004, 07:21 PM
What happened Vegas ? Did you blokes go on a post-game nudie bar tour or something ?

LOL! Nothing as exciting. Just that I was late for a BBQ with my work mates that I'd made my wife come to (when she needed the time to study). What's worse was that she had to WALK to the shops and get the salad stuff etc. because I was so late getting back. I felt pretty bad... :oops: :oops:

I can't believe I'm telling all you axe murderers this stuff. :roll:

AndyP
16th June 2004, 03:54 AM
I'm sick of you blokes talking about your little golf days. :x

I think you have been waiting for the opportunity of having me out of Brisbane for some time, so you can organise your get togethers. :(

I'll be back.
](*,)

Jarro
16th June 2004, 08:49 AM
I'm sick of you blokes talking about your little golf days. :x

I think you have been waiting for the opportunity of having me out of Brisbane for some time, so you can organise your get togethers. :(

I'll be back.
](*,)

you're sharp Andy :wink: :lol:

by the way, when are you back :?:

AndyP
16th June 2004, 07:36 PM

Arrive in Brisbane 0805 tomorrow. \:D/

Jarro
17th June 2004, 02:54 PM

Arrive in Brisbane 0805 tomorrow. \:D/

hope you are flying with the big red rat :wink:

990B Luva
17th June 2004, 03:04 PM
i cant play but i have a friend who is interested so i will wait to see what he says, tezza is there a comp on and if so what is it, my friend wants to know.

terryand
17th June 2004, 04:27 PM
Only comp is ozgolf comp.

Terry.

AndyP
17th June 2004, 06:02 PM

This time, yes. And the useless pricks forgot to give my row and only my row breakfast. :x
Or was this a special request from you. :wink:

Jarro
17th June 2004, 06:13 PM

This time, yes. And the useless pricks forgot to give my row and only my row breakfast. :x
Or was this a special request from you. :wink:

consider yourself lucky mate.

some people die eating airline food :roll:

i also had nothing to do with it. :lol:

Onewood
20th June 2004, 05:37 PM
Sorry Tezza, builders stuffed me around this weekend so I'll be painting next weekend :cry:

So I'm out guys :cry:

Jarro
20th June 2004, 06:04 PM
i'm still in.

Any idea what the groups might be yet :?:

nudgee
20th June 2004, 07:42 PM
Terry,

Please include my mate Pat in our bash

Jamie

Eag's
20th June 2004, 08:01 PM
I am still mad keen as long as my wrist improves :cry: :wink:

BrisVegas
20th June 2004, 08:09 PM
I've firmed from "pencil me in" to "count me in" :)

I was a good boy this weekend and the wife has forgiven me for last weekend's indiscretions... :wink: So, at this stage..... I'm there! 8)

AndyP
21st June 2004, 06:56 AM
I was a good boy this weekend and the wife has forgiven me for last weekend's indiscretions... :wink:
Even though you played at Lakelands :?:

terryand
21st June 2004, 08:45 AM
We have to this point.

1.Tezza
2.jarro
3.Gazgolf
4.nudgee
5.Pat(nudgee's mate)
6.990 Luva
7.Brisvegas
8.Jono
9.Eags
10.Golfer69(penciled)
11.Andyp(penciled)

Have I missed anyone?

Terry.

andylo
22nd June 2004, 02:05 PM
Is there any space left?

terryand
22nd June 2004, 05:20 PM
Update:

Your in Andylo

1.Tezza
2.jarro
3.Gazgolf out Andylo in
4.nudgee
5.Pat(nudgee's mate)
6.990 Luva
7.Brisvegas
8.Jono
9.Eags
10.Golfer69(ink)
11.Andyp(penciled)
12.?

Have I missed anyone? Again!

Terry.

terryand
22nd June 2004, 06:20 PM
990B Luva
Andylo
Eags
AndyP(?)

Nudgee
Pat
Golfer 69
Jarro

Jono
Brisvegas
Tezza
?

We have another spot at 9.24 if we need it.

Open for opinions,

As long as its the same as me :wink:

Terry.

Jarro
22nd June 2004, 08:18 PM
sounds good Tezza ......

.. can't wait :D

do we know what the cost will be yet :?

Macca, are you playing or what :?:

terryand
22nd June 2004, 08:23 PM
sounds good Tezza ......

.. can't wait :D

do we know what the cost will be yet :?

Macca, are you playing or what :?:

$33

Terry.

terryand
22nd June 2004, 09:05 PM
Also guys for those of you that haven't played indro before,some rule they are anal about.

If you are wearing shorts.Plain white sock(no logos) above the ankle,no cargos.

And no jeans of any sort.

Don't shoot me.

Terry.

AndyP
23rd June 2004, 11:21 AM
Tex, can you erase my pencilled name out? My schedule hasn't changed (as far as I know), so I will be in Canberra this coming Sunday.

Choppa
23rd June 2004, 11:29 AM
If you are wearing shorts.Plain white sock(no logos) above the ankle,no cargos.

Now I can understand most of the dress regulations at golf clubs these days, but what's with the (no logos) :?:
Is it more acceptable to wear a $2 pair of socks from target (as that's the only place to get socks without logo's), than a $10 pair of Nike socks :?

terryand
23rd June 2004, 11:35 AM
AndyP is out too,so there is two spots still up for grabs,Anyone?

990B Luva
Andylo
Eags
?

Nudgee
Pat
Golfer 69
Jarro

Jono
Brisvegas
Tezza
?

We have another spot at 9.24 if we need it.

Open for opinions,

As long as its the same as me

Terry.

gazgolf1
23rd June 2004, 01:20 PM
Tez

I dont think I own a pair of short socks without a logo.
So even the tiniest little nike swoosh is out ?

You'll probably get away with it but have your money ready to buy a pair of Indro socks from the Pro shop just in case. :wink:

Fishman Dan
23rd June 2004, 01:22 PM
Borrow a pair of your wifes football socks...

terryand
23rd June 2004, 02:09 PM
Tez

I dont think I own a pair of short socks without a logo.
So even the tiniest little nike swoosh is out ?

Just fold the swoosh under and they'll never know :-$ :smt023

Terry.

990B Luva
23rd June 2004, 02:15 PM
Tezza, it isnt me playing but i think a mate is, i will let you know soon if he is or not

AndyP
23rd June 2004, 02:23 PM
Ok Tez, but if i get frisked at the pro-shop, be it on your head ! :smt019
You'll wear logo socks now, just to get that frisking. Then you'll be thanking Terry.

Jarro
23rd June 2004, 03:01 PM
golfer69,

.. i'll go down to Best and Less and buy you a brand new pair for $2... you can owe me :roll:

Jarro
23rd June 2004, 03:37 PM
Careful Jazza, after $33 for the game, $2 for the socks, and the few dollars you will lose to me, it could add up to an expensive day...not to mention the Powerball entry (where is it ?)

i'll give you the dough for the powerball thingy at Indro .... if that's OK :wink:

Jono
24th June 2004, 05:53 AM
What's the best way to get to the Indooroopilly course coming from Gold Coast? Is it better to turn off early from the M1 freeway or should I stay on it until I cross the river?

terryand
24th June 2004, 07:10 AM
Jono,stay on the M1 right to the city,then its only about 10 min from there along coranation dr,thru toowong and St Lucia.

Terry.

terryand
24th June 2004, 07:35 AM
990b Luva,
I don't think it is appropriate that you have invited a mate (that none of the rest of us know) and you are not going to attend the day yourself.

I think it would be in everyones best interests if you either attend yourself or ask your mate to wait for another day when you can make it.

Please let me know which way it is going to be ASAP so I can finalize the groups.

Terry.

andylo
24th June 2004, 07:38 AM
Sorry Tezza,

Bad news: I can't come :cry: due to....

Good news: I do get the job I told you :D ... then my boss want me to stay in office on the weekend to handover all my jobs on hand!! :evil:

terryand
24th June 2004, 07:49 AM
Thats no good Andy...Well done on the new job :lol:

Terry.

terryand
24th June 2004, 08:00 AM
990B,

I was actually thinking the same thing about your mate, so please don't think of Tezza as a big ugly Ogre. I wouldn't invite a buddy along without turning up myself.

That will be Mr.Shrek to you :wink:

terryand
24th June 2004, 08:08 AM
That'll do Tezza...that'll do ! 8)

:smt043 :smt082 :smt040 :smt081

Terry.

Eag's
24th June 2004, 11:27 AM
Ok that leaves me by myself then, looks like I will be playing in your group Terry? 8)

BrisVegas
24th June 2004, 11:42 AM
LOL @ Shrek! :lol:

Tez - If you end up with an odd number and you need someone to bail, let me know. I got a tonne of work I need to do this weekend, so probably shouldn't be playing golf all day Sunday.

For now though, I'm in..... Unless you don't need me! :wink:

terryand
24th June 2004, 07:00 PM
Looks kile we have 2 even groups now.

Nudgee
Pat
Golfer 69
Jarro

Jono
Brisvegas
Tezza
Eags

Terry.

Jarro
27th June 2004, 08:02 PM
thanks for the (last) day Tezza :D

Had a good time knocking it around with Golfer69, Nudgee and Pat.

Golfer69 and I took the money after a momentous tussle on the front 9. but in the end we ground it out for a good win.

A great come from behind victory to the good guys 8)

Jono
27th June 2004, 08:18 PM
Well, guys ... another great Ozgolf day. This time at Indooroopilly East course.

Here are the (net) scores:

Tezza 69
Jarro 70
Eags 76
Nudgee 78
Jono 80
BrisVegas 81
G69 83
Pat 85

Tez and Jarro both birdied par 3 16th (Tez nearly got a hole in one). Tez nearly birdied the 17th as well (a tough 411 meter par 4). Standing on the 18th tee with a comfortable 3 stroke lead, he push faded his drive into the left bush. I am not sure what happened from there, but he must have had images of Jean van de Velde in his head as he went from the left trees into the right (nearly onto the car park). Anyway, he's some 10 meters in front of the green for 4. Must get up and down to win. He chooses to use the "Texas wedge" as the greens are super quick. He strokes it smoothly but forgets to hit it and the ball just manages to get onto the green, still some 15 feet away from the cup. Somehow, Tez sinks the curly right to left putt for a 6 and the win! :lol:

It was quite an experience for me to play greens this quick. Greens were quick but true, and I really liked the layout as well. Thanks Tez for inviting us and thanks everyone for a great day.

990B Luva
27th June 2004, 08:25 PM
Tez and Jarro both birdied par 3 16th (Tez nearly got a hole in one). Tez nearly birdied the 17th as well (a tough 411 meter par 4). Standing on the 18th tee with a comfortable 3 stroke lead, he push faded his drive into the left bush. I am not sure what happened from there, but he must have had images of Jean van de Velde in his head as he went from the left trees into the right (nearly onto the car park). Anyway, he's some 10 meters in front of the green for 4. Must get up and down to win. He chooses to use the "Texas wedge" as the greens are super quick. He strokes it smoothly but forgets to hit it and the ball just manages to get onto the green, still some 15 feet away from the cup. Somehow, Tez sinks the curly right to left putt for a 6 and the win!
was that on the Green nine? cause if it was, when i played there in '02 i had 100m left into the green there, made a 15 footer for bird then too

Fishman Dan
27th June 2004, 08:55 PM
Sounds like a great day (again) guys.

I had a flight booked, but couldn't make it because i took some skin off my knee..

Jarro
27th June 2004, 09:04 PM
Sounds like a great day (again) guys.

I had a flight booked, but couldn't make it because i took some skin off my knee..

yeah that's what we figured Fishy :P

terryand
27th June 2004, 10:50 PM
very pleased to play the first 17 to par today (in the windy conditions we had) and a little embrassed about the 18th,but hey thats golf ain't it(that dreaded in and across wind finally got me,bugger)

74 in windy conditions with two doubles, but the 4 birdies made them not so bitter, you still have to be happy.Could not have been happier with my ball striking and iron play today. Ain't life great when you can crisp a few out of the middle.

Glad everyone had a good day and thanks to Jono for the report and traveling 2 1/2 hours plus for the game,well done.

Terry.

Eag's
28th June 2004, 05:03 AM
Had a ball as usual :)
Thanks for the game Terry, Brisvegas & Jono :wink:
I was very impressed with Indro, and will be back there any chance I get.

Jono
28th June 2004, 06:18 AM
very pleased to play the first 17 to par today (in the windy conditions we had) and a little embrassed about the 18th,but hey thats golf ain't it(that dreaded in and across wind finally got me,bugger)

74 in windy conditions with two doubles, but the 4 birdies made them not so bitter, you still have to be happy.Could not have been happier with my ball striking and iron play today. Ain't life great when you can crisp a few out of the middle.

Glad everyone had a good day and thanks to Jono for the report and traveling 2 1/2 hours plus for the game,well done.

Terry.

I was very impressed with your ball striking, Tez. Your Raven blades and SMT driver eats Titliests and Taylormades for breakfast, ey? :wink: Didn't have a look at your 3 wood though (probably because you didn't use it much). Which one do you use?

Your 74 could easily have been under par with some luck, but I guess that's golf. Anyone who have played Indro East course would know how well you have to play to shoot in the 70's there. Well done, Tez. BTW, I love your warm up/practice routine ... i.e. NONE. :lol:

AndyP
28th June 2004, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the report, Jono. Sounds like a good day. I hope to be playing some of these days with you guys soon.

BrisVegas
28th June 2004, 08:08 AM
Thanks again Tez for organising the (last :cry: ) day at Indro. Great track. I've been greatful for the chance to play the West course with you now twice, but elso really enjoyed the East. It has to be tougher than the West in my opinion. It's only really let down by conditioning and sparsity of bunkers.

Great shooting for your 74. You really should have been a couple better than that at least, but for some missed putts and a "Van de Velde" on 18. If we were playing best ball, I could have helped you out on 18 :lol:

Jono may be the long drive king, but Tez - you are the Indro King!

All Hail Tez - abdicating king of Indooroopilly 8)

terryand
28th June 2004, 08:09 AM
Thanks for the report, Jono. Sounds like a good day. I hope to be playing some of these days with you guys soon.

Andy,next game that is that I orginize,that will be at my new club,I promise we will work it around your brisbane time.

Jono,my 3 wood is a titleist 980.Only cause it was really cheap and it was one of the only 13* 3 woods around.So beggers(lefties) can't be choosers.

And I did warm up Jono,I walked from the carpark to the tee and had 6 or 7 swings with the driver.Seemed to work didn't it ,I hit the first 5 greens in reg for 1 under.

Terry.

AndyP
28th June 2004, 08:44 AM
Andy,next game that is that I orginize,that will be at my new club,I promise we will work it around your brisbane time.

Looking forward to it. Have enjoyed Windaroo both times that I have played there. :D

terryand
28th June 2004, 08:55 AM
Thanks again Tez for organising the (last :cry: ) day at Indro. Great track. I've been greatful for the chance to play the West course with you now twice, but elso really enjoyed the East. It has to be tougher than the West in my opinion. It's only really let down by conditioning and sparsity of bunkers.

Great shooting for your 74. You really should have been a couple better than that at least, but for some missed putts and a "Van de Velde" on 18. If we were playing best ball, I could have helped you out on 18 :lol:

Jono may be the long drive king, but Tez - you are the Indro King!

All Hail Tez - abdicating king of Indooroopilly 8)

Thanks Brisvegas for the glowing report, your too kind.

If my memory serves me correct, i'm also the current Ozgolf King of Middle Ridge too.

Not just a home course King I'd like to think.

Don't worry guy I'm sure that I will still be able to swing a few games at Indro every now and then.

Terry.

nudgee
28th June 2004, 09:23 AM
Terry my main man, thanks again for a great day on Sunday!!

It was a great day even though Pat and I got hammered by jarro and g69 who staged the greatest comeback in golfing history!! well in my history anyway. Jarro's back nine was awesome - finally got the driver going and it made all the difference. Of course Jarro was backed up superbly by G69 who was sneaky long with his Killer Whale!!!.

G69 has anyone ever told you your putting stroke is the same as Billy Mayfair (figure 8 stroke)!!

Terry shooting 74 yesterday is a great achievement as the greens were lightining fast!! I dont think there would be many if any people on this forum that would have managed a 74 yesterday (with all due respect to the "good" golfers on this forum). Obviously the Ravens are your "soulmate" blades as I have seen you hit the 690 mbs at Indro and the Ravens blow them away!! I also hears that your putting was "on" - must be that weighty balancy thingy you have!!

nudgee
28th June 2004, 09:46 AM
G69,

The funny thing is that your putting was actually very good which just goes to show just do what works for ya!!

I will also agree with you that it was a thoroughly enjoyable day - even though I was mentally scared at the abuse thrown at me by the japanese couple in front of us :wink: We could have pegged the game back but after the tirade from the japanese lady I could not fire up!!!

jarro's 38 on the back nine was bloody sensational and the best I have seen him do tee to green and putting - Jarro mate single figures is just around the corner for you.

bring on Southport mate - Pat and I want double or nothing (10, 10,10)

J

Onewood
28th June 2004, 06:42 PM
G69 has anyone ever told you your putting stroke is the same as Billy Mayfair (figure 8 stroke)!!

Nudgee, now you can see why, I gave you the thumbs up, on getting putting lessons from the master putter :wink: :D

Sounds like you guys had fun...which is hard to imagine..seeing I was not there :D

Glad I pulled out early. coz I was shot down with gout, in the big toe and would've had to pull, a fish :wink: out of the hat to explain my absents :D

AndyP
29th June 2004, 06:22 AM
Glad I pulled out early. coz I was shot down with gout, in the big toe and would've had to pull, a fish :wink: out of the hat to explain my absents :D
Very clever, onewood. I like it. :lol:

Fishman Dan
29th June 2004, 08:04 AM

The only thing I can see there is poor spelling and grammar. :?

Jarro
29th June 2004, 02:38 PM

The only thing I can see there is poor spelling and grammar. :?

yes Damoocow :roll: