PDA

View Full Version : Qld: Mareeba GC - 3/03/12 7:30am

Courty
28th February 2012, 10:48 AM
The rain has been coming down, so we're relocating up the hill for a round with our esteemed visitor. Be there, or not.

1. Golfer69 81/67
2. Courty 77/70
3. Haysey ???
4. Solarman 95/74

haysey
28th February 2012, 10:56 AM

KristianJ
28th February 2012, 11:27 AM
15925 Hahaha!

mike
28th February 2012, 06:25 PM
1. Golfer69
2. Courty
3. Haysey
4a. Solarman
4b. Wilson Golfbag
4c. Ball Retreiver

5 is such a shitty number in 1st tee threads. I'll play if we get a few more.

mike
28th February 2012, 06:25 PM
Really looking forward to this. Will watch Deliverance tonight to get in the mood and currently downloading "Billy Banjo's Greatest Hits".Can you squeal like a pig?

solarman
28th February 2012, 08:46 PM
Now that is funny

Courty
29th February 2012, 07:49 PM
Ok so I'll leave the hotel around 4am and get there for a 7am hitoff. Are we playing as a six ball?

Only 4 names in the list so far...

Where shall we meet for corfee on the way up?

Mickey D's at Smithfield is a popular haunt for early morning runs up the hill.

Do I need a rain jacket?

It would be very wise to bring one.

Is the course easy...ie one ball in bag?

There's only 2 small lakes, 2 bunkers (both on the same hole), OB on a few holes, and thousands of trees. If you don't send much time on the fairways, bring half a dozen. Btw, it's almost always stroke on Saturdays.

Do I wear a golf shirt or flanno's ?

Whatever's comfortable. It's only Mareeba. ;)

haysey
29th February 2012, 08:30 PM
Ugg boots are a necessity. And if you get time get a couple of teeth removed.

Ned
29th February 2012, 08:57 PM
I'm in.

Ned
29th February 2012, 09:01 PM
Ugg boots are a necessity. And if you get time get a couple of teeth removed.

http://totalobscurity.com/wp-content/images/costume1.jpg

Dcanto
29th February 2012, 09:03 PM
Ugg boots are a necessity. And if you get time get a couple of teeth removed. If you don't want to go for full tooth removal just have some realigned. I have some seen some inhabitants of that fair town who could eat an apple through a tennis racket.

mike
29th February 2012, 10:08 PM
6 is nearly as bad as 5.

What about you dave? And does Julie still read these forums. I wouldn't blame her if she didn't. You're all sexist pigs.

Dcanto
29th February 2012, 11:01 PM
Sorry Mike, wish I could but this Saturday is the wife's birthday. I would be a dead man walking if I even dared to ask. :smt087

mike
29th February 2012, 11:26 PM
Ugg boots are a necessity. And if you get time get a couple of teeth removed.... says the guy who plays golf in steel caps and hi-vis safety vest.

haysey
1st March 2012, 05:49 AM
... says the guy who plays golf in steel caps and hi-vis safety vest.

:mrgreen:

Hi-vis, yes. But never steel caps. Can't get a proper turn without hurting my toes:razz:

Courty
1st March 2012, 05:49 AM
... says the guy who plays golf in steel caps and hi-vis safety vest.

Ha! You gotta be kidding! He doesn't wear safety boots when carrying panes of glass around, let alone on the golf course (since Solarman nicked 'em out of his truck anyway :-#).

mike
2nd March 2012, 07:29 PM
You guys go as a five.
Two 3's is no good, a group of 6 is too big and I ain't playing in a 2 ball.

Probably have a hit in the arv.

haysey
3rd March 2012, 05:40 AM
Oh the joy of Solarman having a new driver. Nike Vr tour no less. Fooooore!

Courty
3rd March 2012, 05:43 AM
Oh the joy of Solarman having a new driver. Nike Vr tour no less. Fooooore!

Is there a kangaroo left that shouldn't be nervous?

Julie
3rd March 2012, 09:00 AM
Buggar, I have only just logged on and seen this thread. I would have been there. I would have made the effort to get there. Sorry. Russell is up there working at the moment.

markTHEblake
3rd March 2012, 09:55 AM
It's a bit disappointing Julie, the 2nd most popular ozgolfer makes the effort to join in with the locals and only half turn up.

Julie
3rd March 2012, 10:06 AM
It's a bit disappointing Julie, the 2nd most popular ozgolfer makes the effort to join in with the locals and only half turn up.

I know, but they could have txt'e d me or facebooked me. :oops:

markTHEblake
3rd March 2012, 10:09 AM
I did hear that when g69 was picked up at the airport he said ' wheres the hookers?'

Julie
3rd March 2012, 10:31 AM
I did hear that when g69 was picked up at the airport he said ' wheres the hookers?'

Haha:D....that reminds me of the day we played an ambrose in Mareeba, and one of the guy's name in our team was Laurie Moull, and when one on the team members went up the steps to collect the cards, he announced very dryly to the crowd, "Great, I'm playing golf with two hookers and a moul", it cracked the whole place up!:lol::lol::lol:

mike
3rd March 2012, 10:04 PM
It's a bit disappointing Julie, the 2nd most popular ozgolfer makes the effort to join in with the locals and only half turn up.I went and walked the last few holes with them. Met G69, pushed his buggy for him, gave him some swing tips and even a bit of relationship advice.

Yes, he does look like Jack.

solarman
4th March 2012, 07:47 PM
Cooked chook. Want me to keep it for you

Courty
4th March 2012, 10:06 PM
So did nett 67 win a ball ?

Keep your eyes peeled here (http://www.mareebagolfclub.com.au/events.php).

I'm hopeful of picking up at least one of the 2 NTPs. Surely I'll keep the 8th, not so sure about 18 (there are some gorillas that play there who could surely get home in two).

mike
4th March 2012, 10:12 PM
So did nett 67 win a ball ?I'm pretty sure a nett 66 won it. Your 67 should get you a brand new Callaway Diablo golf ball.

Surely I'll keep the 8th, not so sure about 18 (there are some gorillas that play there who could surely get home in two).You're lucky I didn't play, and yeah there are some big hitters here.

You'd get on in 2 on a good day wouldn't you?

Courty
4th March 2012, 10:48 PM
I'm pretty sure a nett 66 won it. Your 67 should get you a brand new Callaway Diablo golf ball.

You're lucky I didn't play, and yeah there are some big hitters here.

You'd get on in 2 on a good day wouldn't you?

I could have reached the green in 2 on Saturday (with 3 wood), but I wouldn't ever attempt it with that front bunker where it is. I hit rescue for my second to just short of the bunker.

Courty
5th March 2012, 08:35 AM
Keep your eyes peeled here (http://www.mareebagolfclub.com.au/events.php). I'm hopeful of picking up at least one of the 2 NTPs. Surely I'll keep the 8th, not so sure about 18 (there are some gorillas that play there who could surely get home in two). As suspected, I held the 8th but lost the 18th. Nett 64 won on countback, so Rich wins a shiny new wooden tee in the rundown. :lol:I hope you enjoyed playing off 14 while it lasted. :lol:

mike
5th March 2012, 01:33 PM
Courty, the Saturday field was up around the 80 mark. That's about double the normal turnout.

Is it THAT wet on the coast?

haysey
5th March 2012, 02:23 PM
Apparently we were 80-90 down on the usual monthly medal field. Golf course was still very wet today.