PDA

View Full Version : ISPs (Perth)

Cosmopolite
24th February 2012, 01:25 AM
My ISP currently is Hellstra (I am located in Perth). Havent had any significant problems but dont like how much I am paying for ADSL with them, so looking for a better deal in a few months when the contract expires.

Has anyone in Perth tried TPG, iinet, Westnet or other ones I dont know about? And what are you experiences with them?

Friends of mine went with AAPT and had all sorts of bother with them so wont go with them.

MegaWatty
24th February 2012, 01:27 AM
I am about to switch back to Telstra as soon as they have an available port.

Minor_Threat
24th February 2012, 06:58 AM
Not from Perth, but iiNet are a Perth based company and should have a lot of their own DSLAMs in WA. This means no interaction with Telstra and decent prices.

idgolfguy
24th February 2012, 08:15 AM
Tried BigPond, iiNet, Westnet and TPG over the last 5 years. With Dodo currently becasuse they were the only one who could get me ADSL 2+.

RPG and Westnet were OK.

idgolfguy
24th February 2012, 08:23 AM
Was with iPrimus and Aapt. Forget to mention that. AAPT was a waste. Iprimus was OK. The issue we have is the lack of ports at our exchanges.

Dodo works fine but I find it does slow down at times during the period 11pm to about 3am. Haven't asked why. I have unlimited with them.

I switch across to my 3G card then. I use monthly plans with Optusnet, 3/Vodafone and Telstra. My Optusnet plan is a further 6GB a month at $40.

Ashes
24th February 2012, 10:32 AM
I've been with iinet for 12 years at various locations. Their customer service is great, always able to work through issues and get you back up pretty quickly if something goes wrong. I lost ADSL yesterday morning which has been diagnosed as a line problem - got someone coming out today to sort it - can't imagine getting such a quick turn around with other providers.

Pretty funny when Telstra and Optus door knockers come around. As soon as you say you're with iinet they piss off pretty quickly.

idgolfguy
24th February 2012, 10:44 AM
Check who can assure you the fastest speed and go with them.

Iinet are large and seem reliable. Used them long time ago.

Everybody's local fish and chips shop is better than everyone else.

MegaWatty
24th February 2012, 10:48 AM
Bingo. Everyone will justify their purchase of anything by saying its the best.

idgolfguy
24th February 2012, 11:07 AM
That is why I have four suppliers ATM .

MegaWatty
24th February 2012, 11:08 AM
Check out Blink if you're paying $40 for 6 gig of Optus 3G.

Veefore
24th February 2012, 11:11 AM
I'm with IInet because I had no choice. The local exchange is Telstra and there were no available ports when I moved in. Optus have no ADSL1 or 2+ in the area and iinet only had ADSL1.
The service with iinet has been OK, but then all of my experience with Optus in the past has always been good.

idgolfguy
24th February 2012, 11:14 AM
Exactly - supply limitation.

Company pays mine, do not fussed as long I have good 24/7 connectivity.

Pieface
24th February 2012, 02:25 PM
That is why I have four suppliers ATM .

That's a lot of fish and chips.

Johnny Canuck
24th February 2012, 02:40 PM
Bingo. Everyone will justify their purchase of anything by saying its the best.I am with Vivid, they suck.

MegaWatty
24th February 2012, 02:41 PM
Hahaha. They served a purpose though.

Shadesy
24th February 2012, 02:57 PM
Cosmo...I was put onto Amnet by our IT guys at my old house in Safety Bay. Amazing service and Speed and any problems, were easily recitified over the phone as they are local guys based in ossie park.

When I moved i had to go with Telstra as the cost of servicing Port Kennedy was a bit more as they didnt have access to the exchange.

Check them out, I was extremely happy with them and would go back if I could.

http://amnet.com.au/

FoxGolf
24th February 2012, 03:11 PM
We were with TPG and found their service sucked. We kept dropping out, I'd ring them up and they'd say 'you're connected to the net what's your issue?' But I couldn't get onto the net and they did nothing to try to sort it out.

We went back to Telstra and kept having the same issues. They took the time to try various options including sending us a free upgraded wifi modem to see if uit helped. After a couple of weeks they'd fixed the problem and had no issues since.

We're up in the hills though and Telstra coverage has been better for all services we've had up there.