PDA

View Full Version : Annika takes out another Major....

Golfgirl
14th June 2004, 01:40 PM
and hits a shot that the commentators were describing as "one of the best shots played in the history of the LPGA"..... :wink:

Actually, I'm not being sarcastic - it was a freakishly good shot!!! :shock:

Annika hit it left off the tee of the par 5 16th hole, proceeded to play her next shot down the 11th fairway, then the shot:

Approx. 95 yards, slight dowhill lie, over the top of some whopping huge trees, hit the green about 15 feet past the hole, spun it back to about 4 feet and sunk the birdie putt.... :shock: Man, this girl can play!!! I confess that if I had seen that shot played on the PGA tour, I probably wouldn't have been raving about it, but it is a really amazing shot for a woman to play given how steeply she had to lift the ball and how much spin she got on it.... :D

And of course - the other news of this morning.... Sergio won again - Taylormade must be pretty darn happy, 2nd win in 6 weeks..... 8)

goughy
14th June 2004, 04:15 PM
Sergio Sergio Sergio, Oi Oi Oi :D :D :D =D> =D> :smt023

Trung
14th June 2004, 04:31 PM
Sergio Sergio Sergio, Oi Oi Oi :D :D :D =D> =D> :smt023

R7 R7 R7, Oi Oi Oi :wink:

Onewood
14th June 2004, 04:34 PM
Sergio, has to create history now to win the open :roll: no one has ever won the week before the open

McMw
14th June 2004, 05:07 PM
u can add the Masters to that list too... :lol:

Very doubtful Sergio will win...
I like Singh, Els, Lefty and Paddy...

But it'll prob be another "Ben Who" that takes it out!!! 8)

jaster
14th June 2004, 06:38 PM
Chris DiMarco will win the US open...strong showing this week and he is GOOD!

I agree GG, awesome shot from Annika, especially considering that if she had of bogied it would have only been a one shot lead...instead it was a "turn the light's out...it's over" shot :)

goughy
14th June 2004, 06:45 PM
Finally saw the shot on the news tonite. It was fantastic. It was one of those "shot of a winner" shots. How often are we seeing these nowdays to close out a tournament.

Golfgirl
14th June 2004, 08:35 PM
Finally saw the shot on the news tonite. It was fantastic. It was one of those "shot of a winner" shots.

Yeah - I bet we see it on the highlights reel for the Golf Show this week... :lol: