PDA

View Full Version : SA: Wirrina Special deal.

nadg63
20th February 2012, 04:15 PM
http://cudo.com.au/adelaide/you-and-a-pal-play-the-stunning-wirrina-cove-golf-course-for-only-59-includes-a-motorised-buggy-plus-a-lunch-of-pizza-and-beer-a/?utm_source=ExactTarget&utm_medium=Adelaide_email&utm_campaign=Email_Adelaide_18022012&cmp=edm:dly:ade:un:sd:txt:49293:120220:10:30609226

Funky_Cliff
21st February 2012, 08:43 AM
Honestly, it isn't worth much more than this. The greens were very ordinary when I was there last weekend with lots of problem areas. Personally, I wouldn't bother. Wirrina wanted $38 for a weekend round, lady bay $42. The difference in quality is astounding.

Chilled
21st February 2012, 09:21 AM
Honestly, it isn't worth much more than this. The greens were very ordinary when I was there last weekend with lots of problem areas. Personally, I wouldn't bother. Wirrina wanted $38 for a weekend round, lady bay $42. The difference in quality is astounding.You are absolutely spot on Cliff. I've played at Wirrina a few times in the last month and played Lady Bay last weekend and Wirrina greens are very average at the moment. They're usually in much better condition. I'm a member at Wirrina currently and paid about $180 for 5 or 6 months of membership so I think $38 is a bit rich. The cudo deal isn't too bad but given lady bay has done virtually the same deal in the past I'd rather play there. I also hear from the pro shop that a coupon voucher deal will be coming around soon for lady bay ;)

Funky_Cliff
21st February 2012, 02:35 PM
You are absolutely spot on Cliff. I've played at Wirrina a few times in the last month and played Lady Bay last weekend and Wirrina greens are very average at the moment. They're usually in much better condition. I'm a member at Wirrina currently and paid about $180 for 5 or 6 months of membership so I think $38 is a bit rich. The cudo deal isn't too bad but given lady bay has done virtually the same deal in the past I'd rather play there. I also hear from the pro shop that a coupon voucher deal will be coming around soon for lady bay ;)

Will be jumping all over a lady bay deal if they have one again soon. Got the last one and it is incredible value for that course. Played on a Monday. There was no one around and great weather. You can't ask for more than that.

We had a 2 for 1 voucher which helped, but Wirrinna isn't a $38 course at the moment. I hear that it is on the market again too? Will be interesting to see what happens when a new owner takes over. To their credit, they did get us on on a Saturday morning which was appreciated. It was a fair struggle otherwise.

Chilled
22nd February 2012, 08:14 PM
We had a 2 for 1 voucher which helped, but Wirrinna isn't a $38 course at the moment.I have to say I really love being a member down there, it's soooo small everyone knows eachother and it's a real country course. But as a non member if you are paying $38 currently, with all the discount vouchers flying around, then you are crazy. And if it ever came down to it I'd pay the extra $4 and play Lady Bay.

And yep, Wirrina is apparently still in receivership I believe.

Funky_Cliff
23rd February 2012, 10:55 AM
How many members would there be chilled? We saw the sheet on saturday and it looked like there were maybe 8-10 groups playing?