PDA

View Full Version : WA: Looking for a game - Saturday 25/02 or Sunday26/02

rubin
20th February 2012, 03:03 PM
Fellow WAnkers,

I know its a long shot but i'll try - I'm looking for a comp game this weekend. Rockingham has some mickey mouse 4BBB Russian Roulet Combined Par or something like that, and as it will be my last one for over a month, I wouldn't mind getting in a measured comp game to bring the cap back down after my Saturday chop fest at KB.

So - is anyone willing to host this chopper? don't much care where or what format.

Yossarian
20th February 2012, 03:04 PM
You could head to sun city? Recips?

rubin
20th February 2012, 03:05 PM
Sun City have recips with KB - not rocko.

Shadesy
20th February 2012, 03:15 PM
Monthly Medal at KB, more stroke from the Blues/Blacks......... I think its members only but.

Johnny Canuck
20th February 2012, 03:19 PM
Members only. I had a few people trying to convince them I should be an honorary member and that I should be allowed. Not going to happen.

Nuffie
21st February 2012, 10:35 AM
If I was around, you could have maybe played as a guest in PGN at the vines on the Sunday.

Maybe try Wanneroo or Sun City. Even without recips the last 6 months, I've managed to get the odd spot in the sun comp. But be prepared to hit off late at sun city.

I'm back off to Area C in the 'flying saucer' again this wed, to return in a week. Maybe then I'll try set the TommyG match AGAIN and a few ppl might care to catch up. It's been a while.

Johnny Canuck
21st February 2012, 12:46 PM
See if we can set your match with my match.

TourFit
21st February 2012, 04:24 PM
TommyG is in the UK, Nuff.

Daz comes from the UK, JC...and might as well actually live there still, the amount we hear from him.

idgolfguy
21st February 2012, 05:55 PM
Daz actually comes from S Australia and lived in the UK for a couple of years as kid. You can't tell by the accent unless the Croweaters all sound like POMs from the better districts.

Daz is not much of an Internet goer. I can text you his mobile if anyone requires it.

FoxGolf
24th February 2012, 12:05 PM
Did you find yourself a game this weekend Rubin? I know you wanted a comp game but I still have a spare spot for a social game at Gosnells on Sunday hitting off at 11.30 if you're interested.

rubin
24th February 2012, 01:50 PM
Thanks Fox, I appreciate the offer, but managed to sort something out.

FoxGolf
24th February 2012, 02:12 PM
No worries. Where you playing?

rubin
24th February 2012, 02:38 PM
was originally going to play saturday morning in the mickey mouse event with my uncle, but we've just realised we only have a few weeks left to use a voucher for Lake K that we won at a charity event a few months ago, so we are using that Sunday morning instead.

I think we are playing $10 skins off the stick + $20 NTP's. I need more money for my holiday!

Johnny Canuck
24th February 2012, 03:12 PM
was originally going to play saturday morning in the mickey mouse event with my uncle, but we've just realised we only have a few weeks left to use a voucher for Lake K that we won at a charity event a few months ago, so we are using that Sunday morning instead.I think we are playing $10 skins off the stick + $20 NTP's. I need more money for my holiday!How can I get in on this bet?

rubin
24th February 2012, 03:20 PM
How can I get in on this bet?

Come and work for me. ;)

FWIW - It wasn't my suggestion to play for skins. One of the other guys playing suggested it (and the $ amounts).

Wouldn't playing in a big $ skins game one day though - not necassarily with you though. ;)

TourFit
24th February 2012, 03:52 PM
I think we are playing $10 skins off the stick + $20 NTP's. I need more money for my holiday!

If they place the pin on someone's top floor balcony, you are a shoe-in!!!

Johnny Canuck
24th February 2012, 04:09 PM
Fit made me laugh.

rubin
24th February 2012, 04:12 PM
If they place the pin on someone's top floor balcony, you are a shoe-in!!!

Fit made me laugh.

unfortunately - me too.

BTW - how the F*** would u hit a house around Lake k? I think i'd have to absolutely nail driver to get to the fence line on most holes - and thats aiming for it.

Yossarian
24th February 2012, 04:13 PM
What does your uncle play off rubes?

FoxGolf
24th February 2012, 04:23 PM
Fit made me laugh.

Me too.

rubin
24th February 2012, 04:26 PM
34 I think.

The blokes im playing Lake K with are all from work, and i'm the lowest capper (yep - choppers the lot of us), but still gonna be good fun.

idgolfguy
25th February 2012, 12:45 AM
Laughed in fits.

idgolfguy
25th February 2012, 12:45 AM
34 I think.The blokes im playing Lake K with are all from work, and i'm the lowest capper (yep - choppers the lot of us), but still gonna be good fun.And lucrative!

Nuffie
25th February 2012, 02:26 PM
What is your event at Rockingham next week Rubin?

Next weekend, maybe Sunday I'm going to try and get a game arranged and hopefully some other ozgolfers can make it. This fly in/fly out lifestyle has made it tricky to catch up with the majority of people. Most I haven't seen since Nov champs.

As TommyG is away in another continent, our first round matchplay game is going to have to wait until March.