PDA

View Full Version : Issue using site on phone - edit issue - takes away spaces between words

dave1
19th February 2012, 01:11 AM
I have sometimes edited a post and I have noticed after hitting enter that the spaces between words have gone

so a sentance will finish.Then no space.Like this line

and all the prargraphs are bunched together also

so the spaces have gone

only on phone not PC

AndyP
19th February 2012, 11:01 AM
The paragraph problem is a known issue with the lightweight style. But I've never seen the removal of spaces between words before.

Last time I attempted to fix it, things got worse.

markTHEblake
19th February 2012, 01:43 PM
I find that if I dribble less it does not seem to be a problem.

idgolfguy
19th February 2012, 02:45 PM
Just insert html breaks to separate the lines or paragraphs -

dave1
19th February 2012, 07:43 PM
I find that if I dribble less it does not seem to be a problem.

Um oh c'mon Im not that bad

thanks for the tip :-)

Golfnut
19th February 2012, 08:46 PM
-
Also known as 'motor boats' :D

idgolfguy
20th February 2012, 02:09 AM
:)

Lobsta
20th February 2012, 03:02 PM
Ivenevernoticedthisproblem.Idon'tknowwhatyouguysar eonabout.Theforumworksfineonmyphone.Maybeyouareall retarded.

dave1
12th April 2012, 01:50 AM
Its fuc.Ken pathetic...

Simple error that doesnt recognize the space or full stop key.

Ffs fix the effing thing.

sms316
12th April 2012, 05:54 AM
Many others post from their phones and keep it legible. Man up.

Daves
12th April 2012, 06:52 AM
Many others post from their phones and keep it legible. Man up. Quite easy if you use a bit of QC. Actually, posts with no issues from my S2.

AndyP
12th April 2012, 07:33 AM
Its fuc.Ken pathetic...Simple error that doesnt recognize the space or full stop key.Ffs fix the effing thing.Dont be a tightarse and pay for Tapatalk or ForumRunner then. Fixing it is low on my priority list, not that it is completely within our control, since we don't write the software.

Sydney Hacker
12th April 2012, 07:42 AM
Isn't the problem only when you go in and edit a post? I post pretty much all the time on my blackberry and don't seem to have any trouble.

Granted Dave may have some major issues with this as his posts require more editing then others :)

AndyP
12th April 2012, 07:46 AM
Editing or Quoting. The line spacing disappeared on mine above, but it's readable.

dave1
19th April 2012, 01:56 PM
Editing or Quoting. The line spacing disappeared on mine above, but it's readable.

for short posts yes

I tried forum runner and guess what made no difference -Ok im not going to complein anymore I understand where you're coming from too with time constraints and so on.

AndyP
19th April 2012, 02:05 PM
This lightweight mobile skin that we have installed, is a free modification that we added to make the forum more readable from a mobile device. It has it's bugs, and I believe they are out of our control or possibly very fiddly to fix. The other options are Tapatalk and ForumRunner which we do support, however these are paid apps for the user.

I'm not aware of any issue like that with Forum Runner. I'll need to have a look when I'm next using my iPod.

Hamo84
19th April 2012, 03:29 PM
another solution for Iphone users and S2 Users (only phones I have used on this forum) is to select 'full version' from the top right of screen

I can edit posts from my phone within the full version with no issues at all, I dont use the mobile version at all when I am on my phone as i find full version easier

LeftyHoges
19th April 2012, 03:35 PM
The thing I love most about using an iPhone to view the forum with the lightweight style is it snaps to the last post you have read. Much easier than scrolling up and down the screen to find the last post you've read. Can the full version do this in any way???

And also: can you edit the title of a thread after you've submitted it???

Courty
19th April 2012, 05:27 PM
The thing I love most about using an iPhone to view the forum with the lightweight style is it snaps to the last post you have read. Much easier than scrolling up and down the screen to find the last post you've read. Can the full version do this in any way???

Yes, if you open threads from the main forum page or 'What's New' page, just click on the following button:

http://www.ozgolf.net/images/styles/GamerGreen/buttons/firstnew.png

This will take you to the first unread post in the thread, regardless which page it is on.

Alternatively, open a thread and click on 'View First Unread' on the thread menu bar.

And also: can you edit the title of a thread after you've submitted it???

Yes to this also. Click 'Edit' on the 1st post, then click 'Go Advanced'.

LeftyHoges
19th April 2012, 05:44 PM
Yes, if you open threads from the main forum page or 'What's New' page, just click on the following button:

http://www.ozgolf.net/images/styles/GamerGreen/buttons/firstnew.png

This will take you to the first unread post in the thread, regardless which page it is on.

Alternatively, open a thread and click on 'View First Unread' on the thread menu bar.

Yes to this also. Click 'Edit' on the 1st post, then click 'Go Advanced'.

No doubt about ya Courty! You're an absolute champion.

AndyP
19th April 2012, 05:45 PM
Don't you do the same thing when viewing it on a PC though, Lefty?

sms316
19th April 2012, 05:51 PM
No doubt about ya Courty! You're an absolute champion. Is this an attempt at getting a credit? Can LH abuse Courty once for free?

LeftyHoges
19th April 2012, 06:02 PM
Don't you do the same thing when viewing it on a PC though, Lefty?

What, go the lightweight style?

Is this an attempt at getting a credit? Can LH abuse Courty once for free?

It's worth a shot, isn't it??? ;)

AndyP
19th April 2012, 06:28 PM
I thought you meant full version on the phone, but reading it again I see you meant full version on anything.

AndyP
19th April 2012, 07:00 PM
dave1, I can't reproduce your issue with ForumRunner.

That is what I am posting from now.

And this is an edit.

AndyP
19th April 2012, 07:01 PM
And this is an edit.And now a quote.

That works too.

Courty
19th April 2012, 08:12 PM
Is this an attempt at getting a credit? Can LH abuse Courty once for free?

It's worth a shot, isn't it??? ;)

Sure, promise I won't issue an infraction. ;)

dave1
12th June 2012, 12:04 PM
Seems its fixed ..ThanksNow I should work on my spelling :-)

AndyP
12th June 2012, 12:06 PM
Not that I know of.

dave1
12th June 2012, 01:05 PM
Quoted and it seems to work

BenM
12th June 2012, 05:30 PM
I can confirm I have had the same issue on my iPhone (see my post in the Coupling thread the other day).It's still happening. I edited my post and put this line 2 line breaks after the first paragraph. The forum strips the line breaks out. Bugger. (This is also 2 line breaks below the second paragraph).

dave1
17th June 2012, 09:26 PM
Simple solution.

1 do your post. (If quoting or edit)
2 then press on post "cut and select all"
3 then go back to last box on the thread and "paste"
4 hit submit
5 wallah no errors and as you typed it.

Doesnt take too long either!

LeftyHoges
17th June 2012, 10:37 PM
Simple solution. 1 do your post. (If quoting or edit) 2 then press on post "cut and select all" 3 then go back to last box on the thread and "paste" 4 hit submit 5 wallah no errors and as you typed it. Doesnt take too long either! That's to confusing fitting for the zvrrsge adult DMV toco Prehensile. How about you jest buy mr a drink to make up got it?

dave1
24th June 2012, 01:10 PM
:-)

Ok cut n paste then add into box below then submit

is that simple enough?