PDA

View Full Version : Week commencing 29th August

Grunt
29th August 2005, 12:46 PM
Hi All

I played a round of the club matchplay today and got up 4 & 3. Continued on with the round after the win to shoot 88 off the stick for a 63 nett :lol:

I think the form slide is over, was even hitting mid irons with a draw flight path :o

Oh back to work tomorrow no golf till this time next week at best. :cry:

AndyP
29th August 2005, 03:29 PM
Don't get too cocky yet, Grunt. Golf has a way of biting you on the bum. :P

Good to see you have reached that light at the end of the tunnel you kept talking about.

BrisVegas
29th August 2005, 04:55 PM
Played Brookwater today from the blacks with coffshacker and brooky17.  Considering my past few rounds have been 90+ and very ugly, I had some concerns about it, but lo and behold I found some form today.  

81 off the bat for 34 points.  Birdied 9 & 15 and had real chances on 2, 8, 10, 11, 12, 16 and 17.  :shock:   Best I've played in a long time, despite the obligatory triple-bogeys down 1 and on 13....  :P

9 fairways
10 GIR
33 putts

I'll be back....  :wink:

Flowergirl
29th August 2005, 05:03 PM
Good to hear Vegas......keep up the good work.
And Grant - listen to AndyP - once you think you've got it licked - it'll come and bite you on the bum. Trust me - I've had my bum bitten more times than you can imagine :twisted:

AndyP
31st August 2005, 02:40 PM
31/08/2005, Gailes GC, Stableford.

What the golf gods giveth, the golf gods can taketh away.
Two months ago, I had found some form. It has all gone now.

Dragged myself around Gailes for a nasty 26 points.
Started badly when I went to grab my driver out of the bag for the first T-shot, only to find that it wasn't there. I'd left it at home. So I attempted to use the 3W (which I have been hooking badly) off the tee for the round. Gave up on that by the end and was just using the 19° Hybrid, and sacrificing plenty of distance.

Negatives: 3 wood all over the shop, irons going right, kept getting bad breaks, and putting was pretty ordinary too.
Positives: Some solid chipping, looked like I was coming good right at the end and it was a nice sunny day for golf.

8/15 effective T-shots.
3/18 effective approaches.
34 putts.
-----------------
4 three pointers.
4 two pointers.
6 one pointers.
4 wipes.

Score 14-12-26 points. (Stroke 95, Par 73)

Oh well, I've been here before. Some people might head down to the range to practice and try and work out the problem/s.
I'd prefer to be patient and ride this form slump out.

cazandpaul
31st August 2005, 04:36 PM
4B Team (best 3 to count) - 119 points which will get a ball and got my name on NTP - hope it holds up.

At the moment my driver is all over the place and I'm not playing well enough to cover such mistakes - I feel like I'm living in scramble city.

cazandpaul
3rd September 2005, 01:39 PM
Caz - 37 points on Friday (Gold Coast Show public holiday 8) ) and won the comp - cost her .8 which she was very happy with :D

Trung
3rd September 2005, 05:11 PM
80 for a net 74 medal day

McMw
3rd September 2005, 08:17 PM
YEAH!!!
Broke the duck....
made it thru my first round club champs with a 7/6 win...

oz
3rd September 2005, 09:15 PM
A very disappointing 80 today. I played 14 or 15 very solid holes, and chucked away a bunch of shots on the other 3 or 4. Ballstriking was solid. Greens were a bit rough form being scarified and top-dressed, and I had a bunch of putts lip or burn the edge. A couple of early 3 putts after strong iron shots kinda took the wind from my sails.

jaster
3rd September 2005, 09:58 PM
Started badly when I went to grab my driver out of the bag for the first T-shot, only to find that it wasn't there. I'd left it at home.

:lol: Pray tell how you managed this Mr Holden? :?

McMw
3rd September 2005, 10:28 PM
hmmm...wondering why have the 3wood in the bag if it's giving you so much trouble???

WHEN the driver makes it way into the bag, prob just LEAVE the 3wood at home (this time)....take that option away from you the next time you're out there playing...(if that makes sense)...

Grunt
4th September 2005, 09:44 AM
Played Mac Grange yesterday

36 points :) could have been better but faltered toward the end of the round, I guess teeing off straight after nightshift with no sleep since 11am on Friday does not work! :?

Played some great shots, I am really getting my club distances more consistent therefore not hitting through greens as much any more. Bunker play really needs work, am letting myself down in the sand. As I tired the old consistent slice came back.

Playing my 1/4 final of the club matchplay champs tomorrow against a 14 marker (getting 11 shots), hopefully the matchplay record of late will continue. :wink:

Trung
4th September 2005, 03:50 PM
i went back home to bed after 7 holes :oops:

AndyP
4th September 2005, 04:30 PM
Started badly when I went to grab my driver out of the bag for the first T-shot, only to find that it wasn't there. I'd left it at home.
:lol: Pray tell how you managed this Mr Holden? :?
My FIL recently built some shelving and cupboards for the garage, and he actually measured up the golf bag for one of them. Unfortunately the driver wasn't in the bag at the time or he stuffed up. Either way, the driver has to be taken out whenever I put my bag away. On this occasion, I didn't grab my driver as I left for my round.

hmmm...wondering why have the 3wood in the bag if it's giving you so much trouble???

WHEN the driver makes it way into the bag, prob just LEAVE the 3wood at home (this time)....take that option away from you the next time you're out there playing...(if that makes sense)...
Makes perfect sense. But I'm just counting on the fact that it will come good. Some holes can be played with a bad hook anyway. ;)
Hmmm, maybe I should put the Prizm 3W back in the bag. :shock:

AndyP
4th September 2005, 04:38 PM
03/09/2005, Nambour GC, Monthly Honours

It's bad enough playing crap golf away, but now I'm butchering my home course.
The day was typified by the 16th.  One of the best drives I can remember down the middle over 260m (downhill).  Thin 50° OOB over the back of the green from 95m.  Hit the replay fat and fell 20m short.  Failed to get up and down.

Driver was going great at the end of the day, and occasionally put a good swing on some approaches, but on the whole there were very little highlights.

6/12 effective T-shots.
5/18 effective approaches.
34 putts.
-----------------------
4 pars.
10 bogeys.
2 doubles.
2 other.

Score 45-43-88 nett 76 (par 34-34-68 )
The nett is two more than my gross score last time I played a single event at Nambour. :roll:

At least I'm getting the bad rounds out of the way for the rest of the year.  8)

McMw
4th September 2005, 11:59 PM
Played the Capital Course this afternoon...it was stifling hot... :x :x :x :x

anyway - shot 4over 38/38/76...which tied my best score for that course (shot the same score last time out there)...

hit 13 of 14 fairways, didn't miss by much with the one (actually hit the pin with the approach shot)....
but putting was bad on crappy greens... :evil: :evil: :evil:

1 bogey was really happy with, the other three were just in-excusable... :evil: :evil: :evil:

BrisVegas
5th September 2005, 06:27 AM
Played Brookwater on Sunday from the gold tees with my wife's uncle and Brooky17.  good day for it, although my game never really "clicked".  The course is so much easier/shorter from the gold tees.  

83 gross, 76 nett
11 fairways
8 GIR
35 putts  :roll:

Hit the ball pretty well for the most part, but still managed 3 or 4 complete "flums".  ie. 80 metre wedge shots that don't make it half way etc....  :oops:  

Made no putts.  Had makeable (< 15 feet) birdie tries on #2, 3, 8, 12, 17.  Only managed a bird on #13.  Got home in 2 on 17 and then 3-putted for par....  :lol:

P.S. We took out a demo Callaway FT3 10 degree driver with Aldila NVS 55S shaft. Fully sick mate! 8) Very light. Flew a little high for me, but noticeably longer than my driver. Straight too. Seems like a decent shaft. Brooky17 hit some bombs with it. Amazing how rapidly driver technology advances....

jaster
5th September 2005, 07:02 AM
Looks like you are starting to hit some form for the Pro-am in 2 weeks Vegas 8) Good to see mate :)

BrisVegas
5th September 2005, 07:04 AM
Looks like you are starting to hit some form for the Pro-am in 2 weeks Vegas  8) Good to see mate :)

Thanks Jaster. Nett 76 is no cause for delight, but I'm happy to break 90 twice in a row!! The 3/4 wedges and putting is a worry though, heading to City next game... Lots of shots inside 100 metres up there.

jaster
5th September 2005, 07:08 AM
Exactly what I thought mate :smt023 From what I have read and seen breaking 85 at Brooky is like breaking 75 at City :smt028
Are you still a member at City or have you graduated to Brookwater?

BrisVegas
5th September 2005, 07:16 AM
Still at City. Can't afford Brooky membership atm. Maybe in a few years time when MrsVegas goes back to work perhaps... I'd love to have a regular game there every Saturday. I never get tired of playing it. 8)

You'll have to come and play it one day. It's not that bad a course, especially from the golds. Plenty of fairways channel your ball back from the sides, so the tee shots aren't that hard. It puts an empahsis on accuracy with iron play though. Plenty of nasty slopes and bunkers around the greens.

jaster
5th September 2005, 07:27 AM
I think I am going to try for the Monday after the ozgolf champs to break my brooky virginity 8) Seen a permanent Monday $82 deal which seems ok? Might post a thread to see if there will be any takers 8)

BrisVegas
5th September 2005, 08:21 AM
pm sent.