PDA

View Full Version : Possibly another bumper year for exempt aussies on pga tour

goughy
14th June 2004, 08:01 AM
Is 2005 gonna set a new record for the number of exempt aussies on the pga tour.

Brendan Jones won the nationwide event this morning which should take his earnings to about the 250k mark, easily qualifing for entry to the pga tour. Euan walters has just passed the dollar mark earned by last years 20th place getter, who also makes it to the pga. Gavin Coles and Paul Gow are about 20k and 30k off the mark respectively and sit currently in 8th and 9th spots on the moneylist. Can 4 aussies get the upgrade through the nationwide? Last years 20th place earned just shy of 180k.

The pga tour is looking pretty good too. Last year 125th place earned just under 490k and the last exempt spot. The list of aussies who have eclipsed that mark already are:
Pampling, Badds.com, Allenby, Ogilvy, Leaney, Hensby, Parry, Scott and Appleby.

Both Lonard and Senden are within 100k of that mark (and are 83rd and 87th on money list atm) and Hend is about 130k off the mark and sitting 100th. I"m confident Lonard and Senden will make it, but Hend's results are sketchy. He has a 3rd, but after that his best is T44th and he's missed the cut almost half the time. He could use another good finish, but I think he'll get there.

Outside the 125 are Allen, Chalmers and Stolz. McLean is also outside the 125, but hasn't played since feb and is on a minor medical exemption. Norman is also outside the 125 and his exempt status ends this year. I'm not sure he's too worried about it. Elkington is outside the 125 but is exempt till 2007.

I"ll pick the 4 from the nationwide to make it, and all in the top 125 currently to get there too. With Elkington that's 17 exempt; Allen can still make it and I don't know how McLeans medical exemption works.

The rest have there work cut out, and unfortunately I don't think they will make it.

But it looks like another bumper year for aussies on next years pga tour. :D

nick
14th June 2004, 08:13 AM
Yeh, its looking good.

Add to that list for 2009 a certian Nick O'Connell.

Nick

goughy
14th June 2004, 08:32 AM
I'll give ya this nick, you've go the confidence needed to get there.

Now "Just do it" :D 8)

jaster
14th June 2004, 09:55 AM
Yeh, its looking good.

Nick

You better get practicing mate ASAP and drop that bloody Soccer :( No good for longevity of the knees in golf :cry:

Can I caddie for you?

McMw
14th June 2004, 10:16 AM
I think Scott Hend has just secured his Card for next year after a good placing this morning...

just keep getting placing on the front page of the leaderboard, and you're always a decent chance!!!

but my support will be for Walters...for someone to lose all that weight, and play good golf...WOW!!!

goughy
14th June 2004, 12:59 PM
I must admit I didn't wait for todays results fully. The figures are based on last weeks results. Some great showings by the aussies this year. Won't it be cool if we get 4 of the top 20 places on the nationwide tour 8)

jaster
14th June 2004, 01:04 PM
Problem is the Yankies are going to pull the plug on the 2 Nationwide events in Australasia...apparently they think it is unfair that winning 1 event without the full Nationwide field can get you in the top 20.
Probably true I guess?

nick
14th June 2004, 06:50 PM
Yeh, its looking good.

Nick

You better get practicing mate ASAP and drop that bloody Soccer :( No good for longevity of the knees in golf :cry:

Can I caddie for you?
Soccer is gone after this year, cant really let down the lads now.

Sure, I'll let you caddy for me, if you must, lol.

Nick

jaster
14th June 2004, 06:59 PM
Done...it's locked in, I expect you to cover all travel and accomodation expense's plus give me a $500 a week retainer. I also will get 5% of your winnings unless you win the tournament then I get 10% :P

nick
14th June 2004, 07:06 PM
Done...it's locked in, I expect you to cover all travel and accomodation expense's plus give me a $500 a week retainer. I also will get 5% of your winnings unless you win the tournament then I get 10% :P
No worries champ, all the paperwork can be filled out in...I dunno, 4 years or so.

If I come up to Queensland for some tournaments, we shoud meet up and you can have a trial :D 8)

Nick

goughy
14th June 2004, 07:15 PM
I did say confidence was important. I re-iterate. Nick, you have tons of it mate. And take jaster on his word. If you're there in 4 years he will be there on your bag. No doubt in my mind :smt023

AndyP
15th June 2004, 01:55 AM
Thanks for the analysis, goughy. It was a good read. :smt023

I don't keep up with the tour much now, especially after ISG stopped their tipping comp. :roll:

Good to see that so many Aussies are a chance of staying in/making the tour. 8)

Could we please have a European tour analysis now, please? :wink:

goughy
15th June 2004, 07:09 AM
Where's Europe?? :-k :lol:

Golfgirl
15th June 2004, 12:02 PM
Where's Europe?? :-k :lol:

i tawt yu was a edjumacated bloke Goughy?? :-k :lol:

Jarro
15th June 2004, 01:00 PM
I think Scott Hend has just secured his Card for next year after a good placing this morning...

WoooHoooooo :D

that's my boy :!: gotta support the Nudgee G.C boy :wink:

He's been sending me images of his swing via e-mail, and i've been sending back little tips that i think will help his performance, so watch for some markedly improved performances from Scott in the near future :wink: :lol:

Fishman Dan
15th June 2004, 01:03 PM
He's been sending me images of his swing via e-mail, and i've been sending back little tips that i think will help his performance, so watch for some markedly improved performances from Scott in the near future :wink: :lol:

He couldn't have done it without you Jarro ;)

Jarro
15th June 2004, 01:06 PM

He couldn't have done it without you Jarro ;)

damn right Dan :smt023

AndyP
15th June 2004, 10:46 PM

Really? :shock: :roll:

Jarro
16th June 2004, 10:07 AM

Really? :shock: :roll:

really :wink: